View Poll Results: How would you rate this episode?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5

4 14.81%
  • 4/5

2 7.41%
  • 3/5

2 7.41%
  • 2/5

11 40.74%
  • 1/5

8 29.63%

Thread: Rate & Review: "I'm Just a Girl Who Can't Say D'oh" (YABF12)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Chatting Simpsons Since '93 Brad Lascelle's Avatar

Rate & Review: "I'm Just a Girl Who Can't Say D'oh" (YABF12)

Season 30, Episode 20
    Original Airdate: April 7, 2019
    Writers: Jeff Martin & Jenna Martin
    Director: Michael Polcino
    Showrunner: Al Jean
    Synopsis: Marge becomes Director of Springfield's local theater, armed with Lisa's script resembling "Hamilton." Meanwhile, Homer takes Maggie to a "Daddy and Me" class, where he takes a liking to supervisor Chloe.

Previous R&R
    Next R&R

INDUSTRY REVIEWS
    - The A.V. Club - Dennis Perkins - C-
    - Den of Geek - Tony Sokol - 3 / 5
    - Bubble Blabber - Jesse Bereta - 8.5 / 10
    - Phil Payton {YouTube} - D+

SIMPSONS REDDIT DISCUSSION THREAD

TV VIEWERSHIP - 0.7 Rating / 3 Share - 1.61 Million Viewers

R&R Poll Average Score: 2.37 / 5 (as of April 29th / 27 votes)
    IMDB User Rating: 5.3 / 10 (as of April 29th / 157 users)
    Last edited by Brad Lascelle; 04-29-2019 at 04:58 PM.

Blog Entries

This was pretty bad. Boring and laughless are the best ways to describe it, although it did get a bit better later on. For a while, I was actually more interested in the Homer/Maggie plot, but it ended up just being about Homer and the other dads ogling Chloe, and it’s all over when Chloe finds a guy. Then there’s a little moment where Homer realizes Maggie liked spending time with him. It would’ve been sweeter had we seen them actually doing things together instead of just Homer having fantasies. On to the main plot, it wasn’t anything special. Llewellyn Sinclair is a decent character, and I didn’t really like the painting of Sinclair as a bad guy, especially how it was reinforced in the last scene. I like him as a strict director, not an antagonist. Marge’s suddenly hearing Frink’s singing voice when desperately searching for a lead was quite bad. It’s been done before with Barney in Homer’s Barbershop Quartet, and it was executed much worse here. I also didn’t think Krusty needed to be involved in the plot, but the brief conversation with him and Mel was decent. I think it should’ve stayed at that, though. The execution of the play itself was fine, although I have a bit of a hard time believing Lisa could write a song that quickly and the cast could memorize it in such a short time. Whatever. This wasn’t a highlight of the season. Low 2/5.

Oh, and the Flanders band credits scene was cool. They definitely should’ve played the guitars left-handed, though.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

This was pretty terrible. Neither plot was even slightly interesting, and it was full of very bad jokes. I've seen variations of the theater plot many times before, and the jokes were either recycled, like Frink surprisingly having a great voice, or just plain bad, like Krusty drinking New Coke and John Lithgow's cameo with him asking for a "line". The subplot... well, there's almost nothing to say. Nothing happened at all, which I guess is preferable to another marriage crisis, but it was a complete waste of time. Homer finds a woman attractive, and that's literally it. The joke at the end where Homer randomly dances into a cage and gets trapped was a bit of a headscratcher. I don't even know if there's anything more to say. This was just completely insipid and probably the season's worst.

1.5/5

The Devil in Blue Shorts BloodySimpsonChibi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It was alright. Liked seeing Okilly Dokilly at the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaine View Post
    I'd imagine patting Lisa on the head would sting, damn kids with their spiky heads.

After last week's episode this is such a disappointment, It's just so boring.. the simpsons are just set pieces, moving around to move the plot.. what an uninspired mess of an episode..

I absolutely wasn't expecting Okilly Dokilly in the end credits.

Trying to think of anything good I can say about this episode and there really isn't. It was dull and boring. I find that with a lot of Marge centric episodes they always seem lacking any punch. I really can't think of the last episode where Marge had an episode centered around her that was good. Plus I been quite on the subject, but Julie's voice isn't as good as it use to be. At least it wasnt another Homer bad, Marge good episode, we've had enough of those.
    Wtt was Homer and Maggie story about? I thought maybe by the description of the sub-plot there would be more to the story. But no. It's just a bunch of guys going to a father-daughter class because the instructor is cute. Snore.

Heavy metal at end was interesting though not a real fan of metalcore.

1 of 5
    Homer: Yeah, Moe, that team sure did suck last night. They just plain sucked! I've seen teams suck before, but they were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.
    Marge: Homer! Watch your mouth!
    Homer: Aw, I gotta go. My damn weiner kids are listening.
    Lisa: We are not weiners!

Actually an Esquilax Venomrabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

S'alright. I mean there's not a lot that really hit and the subplot felt pretty out of character for Homer. Not that he hasn't been the type to gawk at other women but then he started fantasizing about living with her and it felt a bit off. Maybe it's just because I was thinking of episodes like "Colonel Homer" and "The Last Temptation of Homer" especially the latter where he's had similar feelings but was left distraught by them.

Otherwise, a bit flat, but no particularly terrible parts like Daddicus Finch, E-My Sports or Bart vs Itchy and Scratchy that just felt miserable by the end. If anything I like that they didn't go the route of making the play a failure for that reason. It was pretty obvious it wasn't going to top last week though.

They've been using Llewellyn Sinclair quite a bit this season, huh? Hey in my books that's a good thing. I've heard people complain that it's just "nostalgia pandering" or whatever but uh, this is much much better than just taking an identical or totally pointless and flat character and slapping a celebrity voice on it... and then doing it again this episode.

There's quite a few interesting little cameos too. Spotted Johnny Tightlips, Frankie the Squealer, Prof. Taylor, Francesca Terwilliger and if I'm not mistaken Francine's mom and Lt. L.T. Smash were there too. That's neat.

Blog Entries

Well, it seems The A.V. Club gave this episode a C-.

https://tv.avclub.com/marge-and-lisa...doe-1833873113

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

This episode was an very average one. The plot of Marge taking on the task of becoming a theater director to direct her theater troupe in a play when they tire of Llewellyn Sinclair and his perfectionism and temper and boot him out was an interesting one (and makes sense as she's been involved in theater before), which led to some entertaining bits of her trying to get all the components together (with some help from Lisa) and suffering some setbacks but not giving up and finding a way out when it looks dark. It had some good stuff with her trying a new look and finding some help in Krusty who becomes the producer so it was okay overall, just not outstanding as there wasn't anything really new or standout with it. The subplot with Homer taking maggie to a daycare class for fathers and their infant daughters and keep coming there because the teacher is a young, attractive woman named Chole was weak, rushed and ended anticlimactically but had it's moments so not too bad. Simply put, an mediocre episode with some interesting and decent stuff which didn't come together.

I think the thing that struck me the most was that the episode came across as kinda confused pacing-wise and seemed sort of unsure of itself and how/where it should go. At first they built up the main plot with Marge and the theater play around Sinclair's rendition of 'Oklahoma' and once he left it at first seemed like Marge was simply going to take over the reins, but nope, she read up in books and deemed the play too complex so then the idea was to do 'Hamilton' (after a suggestion from Lisa) but nope, Marge settles for a modernized take on the tale of Jebediah Springfield based on the former which they go forward with. By this time a third of the episode has passed and we only then start the main story as well as Homer's brief subplot with Maggie and his forthcoming crush on the teacher Chloe. I actually think that the 'Oklahoma' stuff felt like pure filler and thought they should've had it been about Jebediah from the start to not waste all this time getting to the point which would've meant the Homer & Maggie plot would've kicked into gear much sooner to give that story more tie, which it needed as it felt like a footnote which was even forgotten about for a fairly long section.

So anyway, the plot advanced decently with some interesting moments, though pretty much all of what was shown was basic pre-production with being assigned parts and reading scripts which all got drawn out with not much interesting happening outside Marge trying and doing a good job; the aspect of Krusty getting in on the game to cash in (after having a chat with Sideshow Mel who was rehearsing) was unnecessary, but I think it added more meat. I wasn't too sure about Llewellyn creeping around Marge and both trying to get reinstated and being against her and acting like a jackass; this felt unlike him but since he is so eccentric, wierd and small at times I think it might be in character for him. Then after all the build up they have Mel dropping out due to taking a part of another play and not being too apologetic about it (which not only felt like forced drama but made him look bad) so it seemed the play has to be shut down the play (as Marge cannot find a replacement) until it's revealed that Professor Frink, assigned to the crew, has a magnificent singing voice so he alone saves the entire thing in the lead role; this was a rather cheap and predictable solution but eh, it worked fine and the episode landed on a good, optimistic point with the televised play being a success (despite the severe flooding, which was a fun detail. Liked how they had to add a raft for Frink).

Homer's plot, while showing promise, ended up being far too small and underdeveloped for it to fully bloom (and the abeformentioned aspect of it sort of getting pushed aside to focus on Marge's story for a stretch in the episode was an issue that didn't help). All that was gotten from it was the initial crush Homer gets on her, a couple of fantasies and dreams and that he was fearing a backlash from Marge (teasing a possible marriage crisis) and then it suddenly ended with her coming on the stage, telling the group she's involved with some dude who's one of the dads with a kid there (whom has completed his divorce and moved on to her and comes up on stage, rubbing it in the other dads' faces), quits as teacher and immediately leaves through a back door leaving all the dads stumped (which was strange, quite honestly; why not finish with the class for the day and then leave? Then again, the show does this kind of off things from time to time). Homer stays behind as the other dads leave and has a nice bit of bonding with Maggie, who was the reason he went there, and ends up trapped in a cage structure. This plot felt so pointless and the abrupt end was lame (and made it feel even more useless) and I think they could have gotten much more out of this half-hearted and actually kind of empty and sporadic story.

Humor-wise it had some nice jokes and gags here and there among those that didn't work so I did get some enjoyment out of those. While the pacing was off and the episode didn't seem to have a concise idea of how the two plotlines should be it did have sort of an okay flow and on the visual side of things it was good, though in no way exemplary as nothing stood out a lot, and the characterizations were pretty good for the most part, with the Simpson family acting like they should for the most part so once again the writing nailed them down pretty well, ranging from Marge and her passion for theater and being her orderly self to Bart with his teasing of Lisa with another "Lisa is stupid" song and mooning her on webcam (that gag and her reaction was a good one). Jon Lovitz did a nice job once again as Llewellyn Sinclair; they really like this character a lot and keep bringing him back which I'm not complaining about since Lovitz does good voicework and he makes the character work, though they went too far with him being pathethic, begging Marge to allow him back and acting like a smug, villainous asshole who wants her to fail (though nice joke with him having to eat his own downputting words in the final scene where she wins an award for best newcomer on the theater scene).

So overall, it for sure wasn't an great episode or even a good one per se, but since it did have those things and aspects I liked and found entertaining (ranging from some story beats to some of the jokes and the fairly even portrayals of the family) so though it had those issues with the episode feeling a bit off and confused, reusing some prior plot elements, the pacing being an issue and the plotlines not being too strong it wasn't that disastrous and I have a hard time even considering it an outright bad episode as it, to me, was just very mediocre. It certainly missed a lot of marks and wasn't good, but I felt that at at least some of it worked so while it's a weak episode it's not awful. To say it's "meh" is a pretty good description.

2/5
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 04-12-2019 at 01:45 AM.

Have Brain, Will Travel Wile E. the Brain's Avatar

What a lazy episode. Usually, I'm not complaining much when episodes from the last seasons seem similar or have elements taken from much older episodes, but here, it's basically A Streetcar Named Marge and Homer's Barbershop Quartet on a blender, and with a boring storyline to tie them together. The attempt failed and gave me the feeling that Jeff Martin did nothing with this episode but recycling his own previous scripts. I could have gone further this, but the episode is just dull. And usually I enjoy seeing Llewellyn Sinclair but he's bad handled here, I know he's not supposed to be a sympathetic character but here, he's just mean for the sake of it. All that it does is more padding, as if the episode wasn't long enough. So we have Frink with a surprisingly good voice when he sing (Homer's Barbershop Quartet spotted... Hell, even Covercraft did this 5 years ago), to take over Sideshow Mel's previous role, and voila, we lost three or four minutes.

The pacing is a real miss here, especially taking into account the subplot that is just a waste of time. I thought it would be a simple yet nice story between Homer and Maggie's bonding, but no, instead we have Homer fantasizing about a girl, but that girl actually has a boyfriend and... that's all ? Yeah sure, we have a kind of sweet moment between him and Maggie at the end (although ruined by a nonsense joke) but only for some seconds, otherwise this subplot has no reason to exist.

And despite the episode has a pretty simple story, it lost itself constantly. So we have other little subplots added like Krusty becoming the producer or the bad weather at the end for some reason, I don't know what does it bring to the appeal of the plot. And for the jokes, well, most of them are predictable or simply fell flat, despite some good stuff here and there, but rather overshadowed by the rest. Really, this episode looks to me like a minimum effort. You know, the kind of episode that are here to fill the season's holes, but fortunately, that allow the writers to save their best ideas and exploit them very well with other episodes. And that's a shame for Jeff Martin who bringed us a number of nice episodes in the earlier seasons. I don't know why he decided to go with a sort of remake of A Streetcar Named Marge, which is already excellent enough. I must admit I pretty enjoyed the songs during the climax but otherwise, one of the lowest attempts of this season for me.

1.5/5
    Last edited by Wile E. the Brain; 04-08-2019 at 10:45 PM.

Blog Entries

This episode is very average, a bit messy and boring. The premise for Marge's plot sounds alright at first, but it felt like it didn't go anywhere as they tried out different stuff like trying to develop Marge into a proper director, trying to somewhat shove Krusty and Llewellyn Sinclair into the plot as random jokes, how the actual play turns out and that Lisa barely got involved at all. Homer's sub plot had some nice bonding with him and Maggie, but the actual plot wasn't much of a good watch with Homer dreaming about Chloe in random comicly drawn dreams. Both endings also felt rushed without a real conclusion. When I saw Marge's ending, I was expecting the episode to last longer but then it turned out to be the actual ending.

The couch gag was very confusing to me and I have no idea if it tried to parody something. The first scene at the stage had a few good Lenny & Carl moments and we see Llewellyn acting the way we know him. I liked that Lenny was the first one being outraged and rallied the others against Llewellyn. I wasn't entirely bought on how everyone though that Marge would make a great director, but it turns out she did. Really liked that joke where Wiggum accidently used his real gun instead of a prop, which Lou used against the motorcycle gang from Take My Wife, Sleaze. We see a bit of Lisa's side of the story where she writes the perfect play for Marge to direct, after that she's basically out of the picture. It somewhat ended with a good joke where Bart mooned trough facecam. Liked Marge's new look (despite the glasses that felt unnecesary for her), though I don't see why she would visit Moe before going to the play. I kinda liked Moe thinking she was Hilary Clinton. Krusty started getting involved, but other than some funny interactions with Mel and Marge his side of the story didn't really go anywhere. Llewellyn starts showing up acting like a dick and we never see him returning to his former position either.

Mel leaving the show felt completely random and I don't buy his reasoning. And the same goes for professor Frink, who apparently has an amazing singing voice and makes a good Jebediah Springfield. I really liked the gags with Marge using famous quotes from showbusiness like ''break a leg'', and nobody gets what she actually meant. The actual musical wasn't much special and they relied to much on the overflowing water gags, which was also hard to believe it could get that high where they are. The ending felt extremely rushed. At least we got Okily Dokily band to perform during the credits which is kinda neat.

And I guess there was this Homer sub plot where Homer loves attending Chloe's lessons and randomly dream about her, while not being aware that he has been with Maggie all along. She randomly ends up with one of the dads and thats how the plot ends this quick. I guess Homer getting himself trapped was kinda funny. Homer dancing with Maggie was really cute.

Overall I found the pacing of this episode to be quite poor. There wasn't much to the main plot where it lacked something to drive for, like Marge struggling, or how we see the play develop, or how other people work with Marge being the director, or what happens in the aftermath after a succesful play. They used bits of my examples and tried to poorly stich a plot out of it, which leaves the overall plot to be extremely rushed. Homer's sub plot didn't help either that felt like an unnecesary time waster that is completely unconnected to the main plot. There weren't many good jokes either, though some of my favorites are Wiggum accidently switching his prop for a real gun and Marge using lines from showbusiness that nobody gets. Marge had a lot of nice screen time, but the rest of the family and even secondary characters were lacking. I liked some of the Lenny/Carl stuff from the beginning. Homer and Maggie also had a sweet ending to their plot, its always good to see them try to bond together. For the rest I didn't like how they handled both Krusty and Llewellyn either, they only acted like jerks and we don't see a conclusion of Llewellyn coming back as director and if Marge either remains one or quits. A lackluster episode when compared to the few we had before.

2/5
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

Quiet guy who eats everyone Jerry P.'s Avatar

Frink just had a song last year with his normal voice. I wish this episode had some kind of explanation. Maybe he made some invention to change his voice. For that matter, why did Frink get this role? It could have been any random character for what he was used for.

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Quote Originally Posted by Kaine View Post
    The couch gag was very confusing to me and I have no idea if it tried to parody something.
    It parodies the opening credits to the 1960s TV series My Three Sons. This doesn't appear in reruns anywhere any more, except on channels like MeTV that aren't available everywhere (and a number of cable companies will not include "subchannels" like these on their services), so you are almost certainly not alone in wondering what it was about.

14. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

Blog Entries

Here's Phil Payton's review of the episode:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry P. View Post
    Frink just had a song last year with his normal voice. I wish this episode had some kind of explanation. Maybe he made some invention to change his voice. For that matter, why did Frink get this role? It could have been any random character for what he was used for.
    there was a whole episode where frink made some invention to change his voice but it was a season 27 episode and who the hell remembers those

OR

it was originally meant to be apu but they had to animate frink over him because hes not allowed to talk anymore

IT'S A CHOOSE YOUR JOKE REPLY ADVENTURE
    Quote Originally Posted by simpsonsbart View Post
    About milk, remember that this word has several meanings...

Deep Frier of Shirts BlueRibbonCommittee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Books Marge is reading:
    Chekhov's Gun and Other Alibis by Sideshow Bob
    Stanislavski!
    Theatre of the Oppressed
    Brecht on Theatre
    The Creative Habit by Twyla Tharp
    The Empty Space by Peter Brook
    A Director Prepares by Anne Bogart
    Act One by Moss Hart
    Oklahoma!

Quiet guy who eats everyone Jerry P.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by friz View Post
    there was a whole episode where frink made some invention to change his voice but it was a season 27 episode and who the hell remembers those
    Yeah, so in season 27, Professor Frink invents a chip that changes his voice. Season 29, he has a song which he sings with his normal voice. Then in season 30, he sings with some kind of third voice that's different. Don't make no…

The streak of success was really pretty while it lasted. They were three in a row, but the end came. Jeff Martin and his daughter, Jenna, offered us an uninspired remake of A Streetcar Named Marge, one of the few episodes that I value well below average. You will imagine what this dull copy meant to me, if I am not a fan of what, in theory, is good.,

This was the most forgettable contribution of this season. In fact, I have trouble starting this review because there is nothing remarkable here. Everything was superficial, lacking in content. It was not offensively bad, but it was too insignificant. Llewellyn Sinclair was the protagonist during the first minutes, since he directs the work in which, for some reason, Marge acts. Because everything starts with Marge rehearsing for a play, which makes total sense because she was always an actress (?). Here we could see a new delivery of Llewellyn, where we appreciate the passion and the demand with which he performs his work. I enjoyed the joke in which he gets mad at Marge because she uses the word no, and also the interactions between Lenny and Carl. His bad character causes the actors to rebel against him, and to elect a new director. For some reason it's Marge. And I use this expression again because the justification they propose, which has already addressed Homer and his children, is a joke, I think. The failures in continuity do not bother me so much, but it bothered me that it is Lisa who tries to write a work in homage to Jebediah Springfield. After a good scene in which Bart annoys Lisa, and many others filling, came the "dramatic turn" by which Marge loses Mel because of Llewellyn. As you can see, none of this is compelling. Much less was the resolution: Frink is able to act thanks to his inexplicable new voice. Love is in the N2-O2-Ar-C02-Ne-He-CH4 set a precedent that does not detest this at all, but still remains unpleasant. The play takes place under a rain for some reason it involves Krusty and I do not even remember the ending. Absolute meh.

There is also a subplot. One that, for me, was a total disappointment. It is sad to imagine how nice it could have been and how mediocre it was. We were able to see Maggie and her father share beautiful moments together, and explore a beautiful dynamic once again. But instead, they offer us Homer falling in love with another woman, and we have to see how he imagines the reaction of his wife to find out in a parody I do not know what. The satire on that type of men was a totally wrong choice if we thought we could see Homer enjoying being a father. There were some good moments from Gil, and Maggie's usual tenderness, but nothing more. I only appreciate that this has not ended in a marital conflict, although it also bothers me that Homer has not had consequences. It is as if everything had been done without desire, and with the intention of collecting a check. If you came back for this, Jeff, you can think about leaving again, because you're hurting the series. The animation work was quite poor, which does not surprise me of Polcino. Many distractions that led to errors. I value the work of Bleeding Fingers Music in the final song, but it is strange to see Frink with that voice, and the truth is that the lyrics did not help to have a satisfactory ending either. To finish with something nice, I must say that I enjoyed the awards ceremony.

So, in conclusion, this was an incredibly apathetic, lazy episode. It has a development that raises many questions, there are few jokes to highlight, it uses very badly its guest star (I refer to Josh Groban) and there are small flaws in characterizations and also in animation. Just as Girl's in the Band would have been a 5/5 a few years ago for me, this would have been a 1/5. Apparently, over time I stopped being so radical.

2/5
    SEASON 30 RANKINGS: Bart's Not Dead: 3/5 / Heartbreak Hotel: 2/5 / My Way or the Highway to Heaven: 3/5 / Treehouse of Horror XXIX: 2/5 / Baby You Can't Drive My Car: 4/5 / From Russia Without Love: 4/5 / Werking Mom: 4/5 / Krusty the Clown: 4/5 / Daddicus Finch: 5/5 / Tis the Thirtieth Season: 2/5 / Mad About the Toy: 3/5 / The Girl on the Bus: 3/5 / I'm Dancing as Fat as I Can: 4/5 / The Clown Stays in the Picture: 2/5 / 101 Mitigations: 4/5 / I Want You (She's So Heavy): 1/5 / E My Sports 4/5 / Bart vs. Itchy & Scratchy: 5/5 / Girl's in the Band: 4/5 / I'm Just a Girl Who Can't Say D'oh: 2/5 / D'oh Canada: 2/5

Moe is their leader. Captain_Smiley's Avatar

A missed opportunity to mention that Jebediah Springfield was a pirate. In this day and age of turning our heroes into villains I'm surprised this wasn't mentioned.

I want to say no this one. It was meh. A good attempt at spoofing Hamilton but A Streetcar named Marge was better and when Barney surprised us with his voice it was great but with Fink we've seen it before.

Thread Information