4 44.44%

2 22.22%

0 0%

0 0%

Thread: How would you rate Family Guy s17e17 "ISLAND ADVENTURE"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

How would you rate Family Guy s17e17 "ISLAND ADVENTURE"

In search of Stewie's cherished big wheel tricycle that Peter threw out, Stewie and Brian embark on an adventure to "Garbage Island," a giant floating mass of trash out in the sea.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

2. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam

Blog Entries

solid enough. handful of good laughs and nothing too outrageous although the subplot was pretty filler (and just had douchey quag goin unpunished for his actions). the pizza hut joke reappearing at the end was probably the first good fourth act 3/5

4. Thumbs Up To This Post by: John95, Sam

Not much to say on this one but why does Lois scream so much in the newer seasons?

Maybe it's because I've found this season so disappointing, but I really enjoyed this one. Neither plot was all that remarkable, but they were straightforward and executed quite well. No one was depressingly misanthropic, and while Quagmire was a jerk, it was in his traditional sleazy womaniser characterisation. As far as Brian and Stewie adventures go, it was fairly unremarkable, but it was still fun for what it was.

The humour was pretty good throughout. The "GiggITy" cutaway had an obvious punchline, but I still liked it. Brian acting like a dog with the garbage, explaining the past twenty years of pop culture to the denizens of Garbage Island, even the spray paint leaking out of Chris' nose...pretty much all the jokes landed for me this time around. Even the fourth wall-breaking joke about Peter being pregnant and some of the banter that pushed the boundaries of good taste (Stewie's "v-card", "drunk and ejaculating") were good. The former was quick and unexpected (and would've been even better if they weren't on such a fourth-wall breaking kick this season), while the latter caught me off guard and worked because the episode wasn't filled with weak attempts to be edgy and shocking. Good timing all around.

I'm going to say 4/5. I've been down on the show a lot this season, but again, this is one I really enjoyed.
    A little less Generic than before.

7. Thumbs Up To This Post by: John95

Stuff I liked
    Brian pooping on Quagmire's lawn
    Brian rolling in garbage
    Peter & Lois at the aquarium
    GiggITy

Stuff I didn't like
    Perverted Hamlet
    Kid with hearing aid cutaway
    "You have to pay for the bread!"

Misc.
    What happened to Joe & Cleveland at the start was easily one of the laziest ways they've been written out of an episode.
    Although I know they're likely joking, part of me hopes Peter was serious about not being involved for a few episodes considering how many we've gotten so far this year that seem to be solely centered on him.

Well, it took a quarter of a year but at last we have our first truly good FG episode of 2019!

While the main plot with Brian & Stewie was pretty low-key especially when compared to Big Trouble in Little Langley, it was very straightforward and full of good gags, and thankfully didn't decide to randomly derail itself into being yet another fucking "Brian sucks, and here's why!" story like the last two episodes that used them to large extents did.

The only thing I didn't really like that wasn't already stated above was Quagmire getting away with being the sleazy scumbag that he is. Granted, I prefer it when this is as low as Quagmire will sink in an episode without having to forcibly include his hatred for Brian (unless you count him being upset at him pooping on his lawn) or annoying tendency to blow up over the most minor and trivial things like unspecific prom themes. Still, it's because of him having those characteristics normally after nearly a decade that makes me unwilling to give something like this a free pass anymore the same way I probably would've if this was pre-Jerome is the New Black. Oh well, at least Lois was allowed to have some screen time for once and didn't feel like a supporting character in her own story like she was in the subplot for Transfat.

4/5 Probably would've rated this a 4.5 overall had the subplot been rewritten slightly to have Quagmire suffer some actual comeuppance, but as a whole it's still one of the best episode's we've gotten from the show in awhile and a nice one to mark their almost month long hiatus before returning on the 28th.
    Family Guy Season 17 Ratings - Married... with Cancer: .5/5 Dead Dog Walking: .5/5 Pal Stewie: 3/5 Big Trouble in Little Quahog: 3.5/5 Regarding Carter: 1.5/5 Stand by Meg: 2/5 Griffin Winter Games: 2.5/5 Con Heiress: 0/5 Pawtucket Pete: 2.5/5 Hefty Shades of Gray: .5/5 Trump Guy: .5/5 Bri, Robot: .5/5 Trans-Fat: 2/5 Family Guy Lite: 1.5/5 No Giggity, No Doubt: 1.5/5 You Can't Handle the Booth: 1/5 Island Adventure: 4/5 Throw It Away: 2/5 Girl, Internetted: 1.5/5 Adam West High: 1.5/5
    American Dad! Season 15 Ratings - Fantasy Baseball: 1.5/5 I Am the Jeans: The Gina Lavetti Story: 0/5 Stan & Francine & Connie & Ted: 0/5 Rabbit Ears: 1.5/5 Jeff and the Dank Ass Weed Factory: 1/5 Lost Boys: 0/5 Shark?!: TBD The Long March: TBD

This was quite good, and probably ties Big Trouble in Little Quahog for best of the season so far. The main plot was an enjoyable relaxed adventure that had a lot of opportunities for good jokes (I laughed hard at the Moana scene, and Craig Kilborn's random appearance) and Stewie and Brian were both likable and in character. Although the subplot was a little weak on the story side of things, and I don't like Quagmire getting away with his debauchery as much as anyone else, it had enough funny jokes to not be a total waste, like "Mike Bubble" and Quagmire accidentally reading the AMBER Alert out loud. Overall, this is a pretty good example of a modern Family Guy episode that does everything right; good jokes, moderately decent narrative, and nothing outright repulsive. Lots of fun.

3.5/5

10. Thumbs Up To This Post by: John95

Now this deserves a 5. The main plot was the best Stewie and Brian adventure next to Big Trouble in Little Langley. I loved seeing Brian acting like a real dog by rolling in the garbage. Also, Brian didn't act like a a-hole douche bag and Stewie towing the island back to the mainland was epic. I want to see more episodes with Brian and Stewie team up with other characters. It's so tiresome and repetative. Peter pregnant?!! Didn't see that coming. The subplot I didn't care for. Quagmire was at his most scummiest. I blame the writers because they don't know how to write for teenage girls and now they can't write for middle age women?!! Come on!!! I'm glad Lois got to be the lead in this one instead of being a guest star. I hope Peter stays out for the next few episodes. We need a break from him. Great episode and deserves a 5..5

Blog Entries

I didn’t see it but it was probably great,

I don't like that season. Besides, I think that after the 5th season it became only worse. But still it's better than last season of Simpsons I think.

____________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________ __________________________________
    Your writing should be perfect. Entrust it to https://edubirdie.com/lab-report-writing-service professional service that can deal with any writing problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou Bega Jr. View Post
    I didn’t see it but it was probably great,
    same here for like him.
    I didn't see and lots of enjoying.
    Deadpool Ryan Reynolds Coat
    Last edited by sofianeo; 05-02-2019 at 12:25 AM.

Blog Entries

The spambots are really enjoying this episode
    Quote Originally Posted by simpsonsbart View Post
    About milk, remember that this word has several meanings...

Thread Information