Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How are you guys finding season 30 so far?

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Quote Originally Posted by Welcome to Moe's View Post
    Haha, yeah it's such an underrated show! And yeah I hear you about the movie, I tell everybody about it all the time who haven't seen it but no one listens haha It is a film that everyone needs to see!!

Yeah, the old episodes are brilliant, I've got this huge gold box set with loads of discs in it and loads of the episodes which are great, the 2011 comeback series too was awesome and just as good as the original and one DVD that is pretty good to watch which I go to often is the Most Wanted DVD, it's put together so well and is worth having for anyone.

You should get this if you haven't got it already
    It's funny that it was this show that got me into Led Zeppelin. They played "Over the Hills and Far Away." I went and bought "Houses of the Holy" soon after that during my freshmen year high school. Great album btw. Plus it's when MTV showed actual music videos. This sucks, change it.
    Homer: Yeah, Moe, that team sure did suck last night. They just plain sucked! I've seen teams suck before, but they were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.
    Marge: Homer! Watch your mouth!
    Homer: Aw, I gotta go. My damn weiner kids are listening.
    Lisa: We are not weiners!

Birthplace of the Flaming Moe Welcome to Moe's's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoskin View Post
    It's funny that it was this show that got me into Led Zeppelin. They played "Over the Hills and Far Away." I went and bought "Houses of the Holy" soon after that during my freshmen year high school. Great album btw. Plus it's when MTV showed actual music videos. This sucks, change it.
    Yeah, MTV is just not MTV at all anymore, we used to get MTV Europe in the UK during the 90's and it was awesome! We'd have all the music video's from Europe which often meant songs would be played for a year or so before they even came out over here (Scatman was one for example) and they had all these amazing shows such as MTV's Most Wanted with Ray Cokes which was brilliant!!

Plus shows such as Music Non Stop, Dial MTV, European Top 20, Yo! MTV Raps, Unplugged, Hit List UK, MTV Amour, the MTV News updates, Startrax and of course Beavis and Butthead.

Which speaking of Beavis and Butthead, did you see the 2011 comeback series? It was so good and they did rip a load of music video's like they did on MTV in the 90's but also threw in a few TV reality shows they were watching too (as MTV is like that now but they made sure music video's were still there), they kept it so true to the original and even the DVD includes the music videos and TV reality shows they rip on.

You really should grab that DVD if you can, it's awesome!!

'"Uh, Hugh Jass! D'oh, somebody check the men's room for a Hugh Jass"

Blog Entries

it's all about that MTV Classic now

though VH1 Classic was better, I miss it.
    Fuck Donald Trump. #NotMyPresident

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

I only seen the first 5 episodes so far, and it's just another modern Simpsons episode. I did enjoyed Baby You Can't Drive Me Around, though.
    Simpsons: 4 > 6 = 7 > 5 > 3 > 8 > 2 > 14 > 15 > 13 = 10 > 9 > 16 > 20 > 1 > 24 = 21 > 26 > 22 = 25 > 23 > 19 = 27 > 18 = 28 > 12 > 11 > 17 = 29

Family Guy: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 5 = 6 > 15 > 16 > 10 > 14 > > 7 = 11 = 9 > 8 > 12 = 13

American Dad: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 6 > 5 > 8 > 9 > 7 = 11 > 10 > 13 (so far) > 12

The Cleveland Show: 2 > 1 > 4 > 3

Futurama: 5 > 4 = 1 > 2 = 3 > 7 > 6

Rick and Morty: 2 > 1 > 3

Blog Entries

This season so far hasn't been anything special. Its lacking outstanding episodes that score 5/5 votes the most in the poll, though at the same time there are no real terrible episode either. I guess Daddicus Finch is so far my favorite episode while I'm Dancing as Fat as I Can is pretty good aswell. Compared to previous seasons I'd rate it above season 28, but its worse then 27 and 29. I do like that most episodes seem to focus on the plot a lot more where they leave out sub plots entirely and focus on a single story, but even then they often get directionless and all over the place. Jokes continue to be hit & miss and it feels like they don't do enough with secondary characters. I did like that they gave Comic Book Guy another episode, but they still do way to much with Krusty. Overall a very average season so far.
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

Actually an Esquilax Venomrabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think I'll take back what I said about season 30, between last week, this week, Daddicus Finch and probably some others I'm forgetting it's turning into another Season 28, where it's wholly unpleasant to watch and just leaves a terrible taste. The show does not need a Meg Griffin. It never did. But the general theme of the season is turning Bart into exactly that only, y'know, minus the occasional moments of actually being able to stand up for himself against the people that make his life worse with each passing episode. I'm really starting to regret watching again. It's the same pointlessly mean-spirited crap mixed with Mary-Sue Lisa all over again. And since the next one is a Lisa ep, it's gonna be even more of it.

Even starting to slightly dread the Maggie one that's coming up, despite it being a Maggie ep, because it feels like they're still going to find a way to make it unpleasant to sit through.
    Last edited by Venomrabbit; 03-25-2019 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hanna hilton View Post
    it's all about that MTV Classic now

though VH1 Classic was better, I miss it.
    I've not watched MTV Classic but I can imagine, specially music wise however with the whole MTV Europe thing it was all the actual shows that were really good. Like the "Most Wanted" with Ray Cokes I posted that show was just fantastic and the whole interaction with all of Europe at the same time was great, give it a little bit of a watch and you'll see what I mean, people loved it, now it's not even MTV anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaine View Post
    This season so far hasn't been anything special. Its lacking outstanding episodes that score 5/5 votes the most in the poll, though at the same time there are no real terrible episode either. I guess Daddicus Finch is so far my favorite episode while I'm Dancing as Fat as I Can is pretty good aswell. Compared to previous seasons I'd rate it above season 28, but its worse then 27 and 29. I do like that most episodes seem to focus on the plot a lot more where they leave out sub plots entirely and focus on a single story, but even then they often get directionless and all over the place. Jokes continue to be hit & miss and it feels like they don't do enough with secondary characters. I did like that they gave Comic Book Guy another episode, but they still do way to much with Krusty. Overall a very average season so far.
    Yeah, again I've yet to see season 30 yet but the fact you mentioned they give characters like Comic Book Guy another episode is good, I'd like to see more of this with secondary characters to be honest.

I only really like baby you can't drive my car and I'm dancing as fat as I can. But I didn't hate any episodes other than the Xmas one.
    Pokemon Moon Friend Code 5473-2104-2310
    Looking for shiny, legendary, and mythical. Got shiny Sandshrew (Alola)
    Have various starters, zorua, can breed many pokemon.
    Current egg move hatching: Tyrunt with fire fang

I sill need to see the Christmas one, I've been looking forward to it as I do like the Christmas/winter episodes but is there any reason why people are disliking this one as much (without giving away any spoilers)?

Overall this season just seems like a back track if you look at the comments and really pay attention to both the negative and positive ones you’ll notice that they’re the same ones you saw during the teens to early 20s. The problem is that in addition to that it also just comes across as lazy nearly every episode has the same complaint the main one being that they keep shoe-horning marriage crisis’ into them. Daddicus Finch was pretty much an adaptation of the character page of tv tropes.

Junior Camper

Quote Originally Posted by Welcome to Moe's View Post
    "I've found that with the last few seasons" (In reply to this season being great) Judging based off of the 1 episode I watched, it is the exact same quality as it was for the last 10 seasons or more.
    So far I have only seen "Bart vs. Itchy and Scratchy", I loved it because I knew it would it get a lot of people up in arms.
    Last edited by TheDuffBlimp; 03-29-2019 at 05:00 PM.

Blog Entries

gotta own the libs

Quote Originally Posted by toushin View Post
    Overall this season just seems like a back track if you look at the comments and really pay attention to both the negative and positive ones you’ll notice that they’re the same ones you saw during the teens to early 20s. The problem is that in addition to that it also just comes across as lazy nearly every episode has the same complaint the main one being that they keep shoe-horning marriage crisis’ into them. Daddicus Finch was pretty much an adaptation of the character page of tv tropes.
    It does seem the marriage crisis thing is being way overdone I agree, this is also why so many secondary characters too can work to be involved in main plots. Springfield has so many characters in the show there's so much they could do if they expand to that a little more

Al Jeany apologist scully apologist's Avatar
    Blog Entries

im not sure i've seen a single episode but Al Jeany's tweets alone are enough for me to rate it 5/5
    oh my you're so rock n roll

Blog Entries

Definitely the best thirtieth season of a television series in recent memory!

Thread Information