Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: "Stark Raving Dad" to be pulled from circulation

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

What about the South Park episode called "The Jeffersons"? Is it being pulled from syndication too?

“Pretension” by Calvin Klein ataeaf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think what really grinds my gears about this is the fact that they want to pretend the episode never existed. Like, it does exist, and removing it from TV reruns, streaming services, and likely future video releases doesn’t change that. Furthermore, it’s a product of its time. Of course it doesn’t represent how we feel about MJ today. As previously stated, it should stand, but with a disclaimer like the WB one above.
    ah (as in apple)-tuh-eef

Junior Camper

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Lascelle View Post
    The same legal system that just gave Paul Manafort what amounts to a 32-month sentence for 8 federal crimes and inferred he had led an otherwise blameless life and was a good friend and generous person? THAT same legal system?
    Yes, that legal system. Because flawed as it is, it is still based on the simple concept of needing evidence to convict someone - not just emotional manipulation and internet lynch mobs.
    Have you ever heard of Fatty Arbuckle? Look up what happened to him, and maybe you'll get an idea of why I'm not exactly rushing to judge someone just because of a few crocodile tears.

Blog Entries

lol internet lynch mobs didn't even do anything in this situation
    Fuck Donald Trump. #NotMyPresident

5. Thumbs Up To This Post by: TenEight

Blog Entries

also perhaps actually watching this documentary is in order. James L Brooks is the one who spoke out about the decision to pull the episode, perhaps he saw enough evidence within the doc to do so.

Junior Camper

Quote Originally Posted by hanna hilton View Post
    lol internet lynch mobs didn't even do anything in this situation
    They feed into the idea that it's acceptable to try someone not in a legitimate court but in the context of public opinion.
    Let's say Jackson was innocent. The moment he was accused, it wouldn't matter, because the allegation had been made and the verdict rendered in peoples minds, regardless of actual evidence. Can you not see how dangerous that is? How contrary to every concept of fair and impartial justice?

Chatting Simpsons Since '93 Brad Lascelle's Avatar

@Commodus, please direct me to the evidence of this Internet lynch mob that was beating down the door of The Simpsons producers' and/or 20th Century Fox, condemning them for allowing Stark Raving Dad to exist, in advance of their decision to pull that episode from syndication and SimpsonsWorld late last night.

I'll wait over here patiently enjoying my lunch while you do. Then we can discuss how horribly reactionary it was of them to bow to said pressure.

9. Thumbs Up To This Post by: TenEight

Junior Camper

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Lascelle View Post
    @Commodus, please direct me to the evidence of this Internet lynch mob that was beating down the door of The Simpsons producers' and/or 20th Century Fox, condemning them for allowing Stark Raving Dad to exist, in advance of their decision to pull that episode from syndication and SimpsonsWorld late last night.

I'll wait over here patiently enjoying my lunch while you do. Then we can discuss how horribly reactionary it was of them to bow to said pressure.
    You're being intentionally dense.

Blog Entries

Season 3 DVD is already unavailable for purchase on Amazon, even though the digital version still is.

Tyrant Beats James Holzhauer! D DEBBS's Avatar

I'm sad this has to happen...I just found out on Yahoo News.

Just as sad as only seeing Apu in the background of Simpsons episodes; not being able to talk because of that (expletive) documentary!

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenBox View Post
    Season 3 DVD is already unavailable for purchase on Amazon, even though the digital version still is.
    sold out or temporarily pulled? darn fox one step ahead of us
    Simpsons Comics 1993-2018

her cocoa is so chuggable PreciousBodilyFluids's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hanna hilton View Post
    also perhaps actually watching this documentary is in order. James L Brooks is the one who spoke out about the decision to pull the episode, perhaps he saw enough evidence within the doc to do so.
    let's not forget that the legendary james l. spanglish is a fucking madman who turned a whole ass musical film he directed into a non-musical based on test marketing

i guess mr. boogerstrom's cancellation wasn't on his radar? retire bitch

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ComicBookGal View Post
    sold out or temporarily pulled? darn fox one step ahead of us
    3 is the only season you can't buy directly from Amazon. A German copy is the only one listed going for $73 from a third party seller.

Blog Entries

As someone who thinks it's very important to separate the art from the artist, I am very unhappy about this. Yes, Michael Jackson was a creep and probably a pedophile. But we shouldn't pretend he didn't exist. If we try to "cancel" all media made by bad people then who knows how much will be censored.
    You're a dolt with the IQ of a peabrain that probably loves lowbrow sitcoms like The Big Bang Theory, Frasier and Seinfeld to not grasp the biting satire and wit of the classic 65 (Rugrats).

Michael Jackson Official's YouTube vid for Black or White still has the Simpsons ending lol

Last edited by PreciousBodilyFluids; 03-08-2019 at 12:55 PM.

SuperFriend Rembrandt Q. Einstein's Avatar

If you can do the Bart you're bad like Michael Jackson!

20. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Kangdos, Tilly

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenBox View Post
    3 is the only season you can't buy directly from Amazon. A German copy is the only one listed going for $73 from a third party seller.
    oh.....

I guess this classic scene from [checks notes] last season will be cut from future airings?

oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well I was happier before I knew that existed, don't know about you
    Quote Originally Posted by The Egg Council Creepy View Post
    Here's FIVE non-rock songs I like:
    Take On Me
    Hello
    Mad World
    Unreal Superhero 3
    Lisa Frank 420/Modern Computing
    So i'm not a rockist

Blog Entries

but im feeling 22.
    @Sam

hmmm I'm amazed that they were able to track down kompowski

The Simpsons Season 3 DVD is currently Amazon UK’s top sales climber. Overnight, it’s jumped from #2,270 to #31 in Amazon’s sales chart.

28. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Tilly

Blog Entries

i searched up season 3 the other day on ebay and the top result was the season without disc 1 and i could not find a complete set at all. whats goin on here

I wholeheartedly support this decision even if it is bad timing. Michael Jackson was a horrible human being and even more mediocre musician who had an awful influence on music.

Of course, banning this episode from cable television won't stop people from searching this episode and watching somewhere else, but the creators have every right to ignore a certain chapter in the show's history in light of the confirmed allegations of a child rapist who I knew was beyond guilty and messed up years ago.

And besides, who even needs traditional cable television these days anyways???
    Last edited by Ballbreaker; 03-09-2019 at 09:02 AM.

We're out of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballbreaker View Post
    I wholeheartedly support this decision even if it is bad timing. Michael Jackson was a horrible human being and even more mediocre musician who had an awful influence on music.

Of course, banning this episode from cable television won't stop people from searching this episode and watching somewhere else, but the creators have every right to ignore a certain chapter in the show's history in light of the confirmed allegations of a child rapist who I knew was beyond guilty and messed up years ago.

And besides, who even needs traditional cable television these days anyways???
    Then let me ask you this:

Lawrence Tierney was a troublesome actor with a history of violence spanning years, with drunken acts amounting to physical assault against numerous victims, fighting police officers and even breaking a student's jaw. He also did a Simpsons episode called Marge be not Proud. Even showrunners Bill Oakley and Josh Weinstein admit that he was a difficult person to even be around. But that episode is still available for viewing. His acting history isn't being written off as if it never existed.

What makes these proven violent acts easier to overlook than Jackson's? Both have been charged with assaulting other people. But only one is being dealt with.

You don't pretend to rewrite history to assuage your guilty conscience.

32. Thumbs Up To This Post by: dave9199

“Pretension” by Calvin Klein ataeaf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

To play devil’s advocate, Tierney’s part isn’t voicing himself, and could be redubbed. Michael Jackson is too essential to Stark Raving Dad to remove.

34. Thumbs Up To This Post by: TenEight

Blog Entries

tierney isnt even the worst example. dont see them rushing to remove charlie rose or dustin hoffman from their episodes. and they let notorious pedophile and all-around horrible person ted nugent be on an episode in fuckin 2012. also what about beyond blunderdome?

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    Then let me ask you this:

Lawrence Tierney was a troublesome actor with a history of violence spanning years, with drunken acts amounting to physical assault against numerous victims, fighting police officers and even breaking a student's jaw. He also did a Simpsons episode called Marge be not Proud. Even showrunners Bill Oakley and Josh Weinstein admit that he was a difficult person to even be around. But that episode is still available for viewing. His acting history isn't being written off as if it never existed.

What makes these proven violent acts easier to overlook than Jackson's? Both have been charged with assaulting other people. But only one is being dealt with.

You don't pretend to rewrite history to assuage your guilty conscience.
    you have a point, Alec Baldwin guest starred twice, one time as himself and yet he's done some bad stuff that's made the news, so how come When You Dish Upon a Star hasn't been taken out as well?

Thread Information