Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: "Stark Raving Dad" to be pulled from circulation

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Lascelle View Post
    They were willing to dismiss the mountains of legitimate allegations of harassment and assault against Michael Jackson until it wasn't so easy to dismiss thanks to a well-put together documentary with testimony that spelled it out for them. Just like they were willing to dismiss the criticism of Apu and how offensive certain folks in the Indian-American community found his portrayal to be until a documentary did the same thing and they ripped out the character's voice box.

Plus, this gets them easy PR points with a softball gesture. That's always a win.
    This show use to have balls. Just like Married With Children. It is a show of satire. It has many stereotypes. Should I get mad at how they make fun of Italians? I say no. Why? It never bothered me.

To make my point is I read just reread a quote by Al Jean about the episode, "No Good Read Goes Unpunished." Al Jean tweeted, "New Simpsons in five minutes. Twitter explosion in act three." It was brilliant sarcastic joke. It was them coming out and saying we are going to buckle. Then they Buckled. Fox buckled!

Now I haven't watched the either Hari Kondabolu or Michael Jackson documentaries and know my opinion is a little weak and biased; however all I read about the Apu documentary that its one sided. They really only talked to Indian-Americans. They didn't talk to many Indians outside, like in India. Only comedians or actors. These type of docs are reason I don't like Michael Moore docs.

I like Apu. He quirky and eccentric just like the rest of the characters. I use to have a .wav file play when I shut off Windows that said "Please come again." Plus anyone who sings the song, "Dream Police" can't be all that bad.

The Michael Jackson episode "Spark Raving Dad." is a brilliantly done episode. It has great jokes. It is also one of my favorites. I think the joke with Marge is on hold listening to the Pasty Cline song "Crazy" was great. But the episode wasn't about Michael Jackson. He didn't even use his own name. I'm not even sure if his family still gets royalties. The episode was about Homer being scared and needing a friend aand also helping Bart write a song for Lisa. Although Bart's original lyrics, "Lisa, her teeth are big and green. Lisa, she smells like gasoline," is classic Bart. i totally agree that its for PR. But it's pointless. We have tons of media outlets and ways to see this episode. I'm not defending him though, if he did what people are saying then it will be hart to listen to his music. It will be taken off the air. No one will do the Thriller dance. He will just fade away. I just hope they won't do it to this episode.

If anyone doesn't know what a .wav file is, I pity you.

Btw here is two great articles about Apu:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43699224

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-44027613

Who needs a Kwik-E-Mart? I do.

(I wrote a better response but I fucked up and hit the back button)
    Do you kids wanna be like the real U.N., or do you just wanna squabble and waste time?

Quote Originally Posted by Financial Panther View Post
    @J.J.Watts, Jackson actually did voice himself in the episode. He was credited under the pseudonym “John Jay Smith.” Kipp Lennon, a Jackson impersonator, did the singing, though. I don’t remember why.
    Probably they fucking wanted to much. He has to male money to feed his animals.

Quote Originally Posted by The Goode Family View Post
    MICHAEL JACKSON INNOCENT!!!
    Not anymore my friend. Right now it's guilty until proven innocent and Michael can't defend himself.

Quote Originally Posted by PreciousBodilyFluids View Post
    He voices - get this - a *white* man who THINKS he's Michael Jackson
    Don't give the complainers any ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by PreciousBodilyFluids View Post
    I feel this almost every day with customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankbags View Post
    He didn't even sing on that episode.

the thing is, this is not the first time that people have claimed he sexually assaulted them.. I guess times are changing, why now but not before still confuses me... not that I support ripping out pages from a book.
    The thing is his greatness overshadowed previous accusations. The people who accused him sounded phony. Then when his life started to fall apart aand holes in his life started to appear you start to think well maybe there actually something there. Other than being addicted to medicine, I don't know what to think.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoskin View Post
    The thing is his greatness overshadowed previous accusations. The people who accused him sounded phony. Then when his life started to fall apart aand holes in his life started to appear you start to think well maybe there actually something there. Other than being addicted to medicine, I don't know what to think.
    But why did the two lie under oath? Why did one of them try securing a Michael Jackson Cirque du Soleil series of shows back in 2011 and even said it was in tribute of him and his legacy and that they were good friends and was special to him? When that show didn't pan out, he started suing and making up all these allegations again. Watch this series of YouTube videos that explain everything, including all the evidence currently available:

Non-Simpsons scare me. Road Rage's Avatar

Thanks for being brave enough to share the above three videos. I've only seen the third part (seeing as while the first two are relevant, they were created before Leaving Neverland so don't directly address the specific points made within that documentary) but it seemed really well researched. inb4 this thread turns into a shitshow of arguments.

her cocoa is so chuggable PreciousBodilyFluids's Avatar

#brave

her cocoa is so chuggable PreciousBodilyFluids's Avatar

Blog Entries

♬ If you can do the Bart you're bad like [REDACTED]
    Last edited by friz; 03-15-2019 at 01:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by simpsonsbart View Post
    About milk, remember that this word has several meanings...

12. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Tilly

“Pretension” by Calvin Klein ataeaf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

♬ When [REDACTED] was still black / Those were the days

ah (as in apple)-tuh-eef

Blog Entries

white mj did look like a paedo imo
    Last edited by BrokenBox; 03-15-2019 at 08:06 PM.

that guy you forgot existed Judge Fudge's Avatar
    Blog Entries

JOHN JAY SMITH IS INNOCENT

16. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Road Rage

9 copies back in stock on Amazon UK now, with "more on the way". Stark Raving Dad is still listed in the item description and the release year is still 2004. Also back in stock second-hand on musicMagpie, though at a significantly steeper price than usual.

They should get rid of the episode that has Hitler's Car in it next /s
    Favorite by season
    1.Krusty Gets Busted 2. Bart Gets An F 3. Lisa's Pony 4. Duffless 5. Homer's Barbershop Quartet 6. And Maggie Makes Three 7. The Curse Of The Flying Hellfish 8. Homer’s Enemy 9. Hurricane Neddy 10. Homer Simpson VS New York 11. Saddlesore Galactica 12. HOMR 13. Tales From the Public Domain.

“Pretension” by Calvin Klein ataeaf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by friz View Post
    ♬ If you can do the Bart you're bad like [REDACTED]
    Considering Bart is a 10 year old boy, yes, if you "do" him then you are indeed bad like Michael Jackson.

You know, for yeas I try to defend the current show and decisions by the creators but this is for me the final nail of how lame things became…

“The Simpons” you to have edge and the creators have balls and weren’t afraid of controversy… now they lame show being afraid of something non PC… Never mind, it was something they made almost 30 years ago, the man is dead now and I can’t imagine a single person being angry at them today for having such episode… They made it when entire world was in love with Jackson. He HELEPED them by giving Bart number one single with “Do the Bartman” and giving Bart guest appearance in “Black or white” video… and this is the way they repay him… base on some documentary.

And personally I don’t care that much for Jackson. I like some of his songs and in retrospect applaud his charity work. Do I think he’s a serious wirdo? Yes! Did he had mental issues? Probably, a lot of people have and it’s not a reason for shame. Did he molest kids? I have no clue. Maybe, maybe not. I seen many evidence for “yes” or “no” and it’s all speculation. If he’s innocent rest in peace, if his guilty burn in hell…

What I can say after watching the “Leaving neverlandy” and working in documentary business for few years myself… Holly crap! Are people gullible. Documentaries are some of most manipulative crap out there! You can have so-so convincing story, but just add some sad music in the background, few graphic descriptions and a shot of you with teary eyes and you have people eating out of your hand. “Oh, but their emotions are so convincing” – And I seen documentaries where people cry telling stories about being kidnapped by the UFO and their emotion look authentic to…

And I’m not saying that people in the documentary lie. Heck, maybe they are telling the 100% truth and this is all very horrible… That dosen’t change the fact that : IT’S A DOCUMENTARY! It’s not a news coverage of what courts and police NOW discovered.

But HEY – why have Justice system and courts at all? It’s public opinion that’s matter. Why wait for any legal verdict where you can jump on the band wagon and join the angry mob today?

That what’s upsets me about the entire Michael Jackson thing… and I realy, realy assumed that the Simpsons people are SMARTER then this! Didn’t they did “Homer the Badman”, an entire episode making fun of how media can manipulate people and how public opinion quickly jumps to extremes? Heck, I belvie this season they had some episode making fun of how people can avoid legal action by making a video that makes them look like model citizens.

But no, they going to jump on the bandwagon cose – as my friend pointed out – if this documentary came out BEFORE the “MeTo movement”, they woudn’t gave two shits. But now everyone try to showoff how high and mighty they are on the morality scale… WOW! You are anti child molestation? WOW! How progressive! It was so brave of them to do it now after the guy is dead and not when the actual trial was going on… You know, that trail that prove nothing but HOLLY SHIT! It’s public opinion! That’s more important then any form of evidance!

Christ, at least wait until thing will be official and Jackson estate will be force to publicly admit this and pay of compensations or something… “Well, this movie made us feel sad” is something Simpsons I use to admire was above and most likely would made fun of back in the day (again, as they did with “Homer the badman”) I seen people poking holes in the documentary, the director being accused of being one-sided and manipulative and Jackson estate suing… and you know what? GOOD! I think people should look at such things with critical and skeptical eye, rather then play judge and jury, or you get situation like Jussy Smollett, that makes all accusers look like idiots. And even if Jackson is guilty I still think it’s wrong of people to react this way and YES, pulling out the episode is equal to erasing history in my opinion. You can pretend this never happened but don’t force other people into it. If you don’t want to watch a racist Bugs Bunny cartoon just don’t buy the freaking DVD…

And claming that Jackson use the episode to lure kids is so stupid on so many levels I don’t even know where to start…

I hope that “South Park” will pull out “The Simpsons did it” episode. They shoudn’t associate with a show that so seriously lack balls it hurts…

Just watched this fantastic episode yesterday on my season 3 DVD which I can watch whenever I want and nothing can stop that.

23. Thumbs Up To This Post by: cam

Blog Entries

what if u die

^ Maybe he'll get one of those fancy coffins with a built-in DVD player.

26. Thumbs Up To This Post by: hutz

Huh… Actually “South Park” isn’t such a bad example… For years that show made fun of global warming, presetting it as made-up problem that’s feeds on people paranoia and mocked the supporters (Al Gore, Green day people) on more than few occasion. Recently the shows creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone realize that global warming is an actual serious problem and that these episode might done some damage by spreading misinformation and they made a two-part episode as form of apology which was pretty much 40 minutes of “Yhe, we screwd up”.. but you know what? They didn’t remove the old episodes. “Man BearPig”, “Two days after day after tomorrow” and few others that had jokes about fakeness of warming still air on TV, since it’s part of their legacy.

Maybe it would be more brave of The Simpsons to make an episode where for example Homer (who once as a 90’s kid was in love with Jackson) realize that the guy isn’t as great as he use to, or more symbolically - Lisa ask Bart to perform her the birthday song again on her upcoming birthday (maybe they are doing it each year as their special tradition), but then Bart goes on the internet and realize that Leon Komposky did some terrible things and they have a serious, emotional conversation about is the song still special to them. Should it be forgotten forever if the man behind the song was a monster? I think something like that would be more mature and actually helpful for all the Jackson fans who now feel betrayed by their hero and having deal with hard of emotion. Why not gave Bart and Lisa the same emotions and explore it as part of their character history?

…and I know people would criticize this as cheap publicity stunt to get attention but… But isn’t this what they are doing now, only way more lame? Yes it is…

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. View Post
    You know, for yeas I try to defend the current show and decisions by the creators but this is for me the final nail of how lame things became…

“The Simpons” you to have edge and the creators have balls and weren’t afraid of controversy… now they lame show being afraid of something non PC… Never mind, it was something they made almost 30 years ago, the man is dead now and I can’t imagine a single person being angry at them today for having such episode… They made it when entire world was in love with Jackson. He HELEPED them by giving Bart number one single with “Do the Bartman” and giving Bart guest appearance in “Black or white” video… and this is the way they repay him… base on some documentary.

And personally I don’t care that much for Jackson. I like some of his songs and in retrospect applaud his charity work. Do I think he’s a serious wirdo? Yes! Did he had mental issues? Probably, a lot of people have and it’s not a reason for shame. Did he molest kids? I have no clue. Maybe, maybe not. I seen many evidence for “yes” or “no” and it’s all speculation. If he’s innocent rest in peace, if his guilty burn in hell…

What I can say after watching the “Leaving neverlandy” and working in documentary business for few years myself… Holly crap! Are people gullible. Documentaries are some of most manipulative crap out there! You can have so-so convincing story, but just add some sad music in the background, few graphic descriptions and a shot of you with teary eyes and you have people eating out of your hand. “Oh, but their emotions are so convincing” – And I seen documentaries where people cry telling stories about being kidnapped by the UFO and their emotion look authentic to…

And I’m not saying that people in the documentary lie. Heck, maybe they are telling the 100% truth and this is all very horrible… That dosen’t change the fact that : IT’S A DOCUMENTARY! It’s not a news coverage of what courts and police NOW discovered.

But HEY – why have Justice system and courts at all? It’s public opinion that’s matter. Why wait for any legal verdict where you can jump on the band wagon and join the angry mob today?

That what’s upsets me about the entire Michael Jackson thing… and I realy, realy assumed that the Simpsons people are SMARTER then this! Didn’t they did “Homer the Badman”, an entire episode making fun of how media can manipulate people and how public opinion quickly jumps to extremes? Heck, I belvie this season they had some episode making fun of how people can avoid legal action by making a video that makes them look like model citizens.

But no, they going to jump on the bandwagon cose – as my friend pointed out – if this documentary came out BEFORE the “MeTo movement”, they woudn’t gave two shits. But now everyone try to showoff how high and mighty they are on the morality scale… WOW! You are anti child molestation? WOW! How progressive! It was so brave of them to do it now after the guy is dead and not when the actual trial was going on… You know, that trail that prove nothing but HOLLY SHIT! It’s public opinion! That’s more important then any form of evidance!

Christ, at least wait until thing will be official and Jackson estate will be force to publicly admit this and pay of compensations or something… “Well, this movie made us feel sad” is something Simpsons I use to admire was above and most likely would made fun of back in the day (again, as they did with “Homer the badman”) I seen people poking holes in the documentary, the director being accused of being one-sided and manipulative and Jackson estate suing… and you know what? GOOD! I think people should look at such things with critical and skeptical eye, rather then play judge and jury, or you get situation like Jussy Smollett, that makes all accusers look like idiots. And even if Jackson is guilty I still think it’s wrong of people to react this way and YES, pulling out the episode is equal to erasing history in my opinion. You can pretend this never happened but don’t force other people into it. If you don’t want to watch a racist Bugs Bunny cartoon just don’t buy the freaking DVD…

And claming that Jackson use the episode to lure kids is so stupid on so many levels I don’t even know where to start…

I hope that “South Park” will pull out “The Simpsons did it” episode. They shoudn’t associate with a show that so seriously lack balls it hurts…
    I'm low-key hoping the Jackson estate sues Al Jean for making that outrageous claim about Michael using the episode to lure kids. How did he even come to the conclusion? What evidence does he have? Why make the assumption at all? Who in their right mind would think that?

Blog Entries

pls dont quote such a huge post tjays right above u

30. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Ryan, Startug

Quote Originally Posted by Rutherford View Post
    I'm low-key hoping the Jackson estate sues Al Jean for making that outrageous claim about Michael using the episode to lure kids. How did he even come to the conclusion? What evidence does he have? Why make the assumption at all? Who in their right mind would think that?
    Just proves my point how paranoid people got about the entire thing an how easily they jump to conclusion.

Now will they pull season 1 DVD's as well, to cut out "Do the Bartman" from special features? Seams hipocritical at this point not to do it...

Quote Originally Posted by Tilly View Post
    They should get rid of the episode that has Hitler's Car in it next /s
    Eine minuten, eine minuten.

Blog Entries

do not post gibberish on this forum thank you
    Fuck Donald Trump. #NotMyPresident

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. View Post

Well first I have to tell you what a friend told me awhile ago, "You can't win an arguement using logic." But I agree with you., especially about the "me too" movement. Michael Jackson in the 80s and early 90s was huge. MTV, when it actually would stand for Music Television, basically took him from star to super star. His music videos were a staple on the show. People are still doing or were doing his Zombie dance. But now the mob has spoken. This is why I at times don't care to watch documentaries. I particularly don't like Michael Moore docs because he doesn't know how to compare and contrast. He just knows how to show his opinion and no elses. He also uses people's words against them.

I just don't understand how removing something from a museum, a show or a theme park is going to take away anything the main did. We still have Jackson 5. Still can try to moonwalk. Still make the hee, hee, hee. We can watch Captain EO if the evil empire hasn't taken it down somehow. Finally we still can watch him anytime we want from a season three episode.

I said in my first post like your post said, this show use to have balls. They didn't care if it rubbed people the wrong way. The president dosen't like us, good, well exploit it to our advantage. They even to this day still make fun of Fox Television. However, they bowed down to the mob just like with Apu.

35. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Mr.

Blog Entries

astonishing posts

Thread Information