Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: "Stark Raving Dad" to be pulled from circulation

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

the court of public opinion should wait until mj's ghost has had a fair trial

Blog Entries

make the hee hee hee

Blog Entries

No, it’s “hee, hee, hee”
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Quote Originally Posted by hanna hilton View Post
    do not post gibberish on this forum thank you
    That wasn't gibberish. That was german. And no one who can speak german can be an evil person so...

Hey maybe someone can help me out here but I was wondering has anyone tried looking up the script for Stark Raving Dad? I went to look at the lyrics of Bart's birthday song and either they were never there or they were all removed. Now it could have been removed because its copywritten by Jackson, but so is the script itself. I'm not even sure if Jackson has any rights to the song itself. When I listen to the song, I don't hear anything that warrants it to being removed. Plus, is Jean saying he used the song to groom boys? Sounds like a stretch. Then again I didn't watch the documentary and really have no desire to watch it either. Let me know.

Non-Simpsons scare me. Road Rage's Avatar

@Shoskin The script still seems readily available.
    https://www.springfieldspringfield.c...episode=s03e01

Edit: Oh wow, nevermind. The lyrics are absent. How bizarre. Could be because that website seems to use some word detection thing on the DVD subtitles and maybe the song is italicised, tripping it up.

I think the grooming thing was mostly about the supposedly Michael Jackson spending time with the kids and staying the night at the house? I don't know. It does seem far-fetched. The lyric "and your first kiss from a boy" is often noted.
    Last edited by Road Rage; 03-20-2019 at 02:47 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. View Post
    That wasn't gibberish. That was german. And no one who can speak german can be an evil person so...
    you’re telling me there’s a difference between non english and gibberish? nah i don’t see it
    Fuck Donald Trump. #NotMyPresident

I do wonderi in theory :

Let's say "The Simpsons" people will now remove "Stark Raving Dad' from all possible media and year later will turn out that the documentary w as a hoax (I'm not saying it is, just in theory) woul dthey openly admit they where wrong?

Non-Simpsons scare me. Road Rage's Avatar

@Mr. Hmm. Maybe? It's hard to say but if they can get away with not admitting anything I think they'll try to. Surely they'd have to put the episode back up for sale, and someone will notice.

Blog Entries

but what if you are wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Road Rage View Post
    @Shoskin The script still seems readily available.
    https://www.springfieldspringfield.c...episode=s03e01

Edit: Oh wow, nevermind. The lyrics are absent. How bizarre. Could be because that website seems to use some word detection thing on the DVD subtitles and maybe the song is italicised, tripping it up.

I think the grooming thing was mostly about the supposedly Michael Jackson spending time with the kids and staying the night at the house? I don't know. It does seem far-fetched. The lyric "and your first kiss from a boy" is often noted.
    But the thing is, Al Jean specifically accused Jackson of using the episode to lure and groom boys, and after watching the documentary, it just didn't feel right to them. I don't know how anyone would jump to such conclusions unless they already have twisted thoughts in the first place. Not even a single Simpsons or Michael Jackson fan cared about this or campaigned for the episode's removal. It was a move they proactively made themselves.

Al Jean stayed at Michael Jackson's house a few times, and noticed that anytime he visited, Michael would only play the episode to make Al Jean eat chicken nuggets with him. Only in a private chat did Jean confess to Matt Groening the horrendously undercooked nuggets, and the now-dated Simpsons episode, about how he felt lured to be an acquaintance with the famed celebrity. Calming him down, Matt watched the documentary and decided to delete the episode, more as a way to lure Al Jean into making him chicken nuggets.

You're BoJack Horseman, no cure for that.

Blog Entries

Junior Camper

Quote Originally Posted by Frankbags View Post
    He didn't even sing on that episode.
    Not to mention that airing the episode (which was made and first aired decades earlier) in no way supports or benefits him financially.

Thread Information