• 2/5

5 29.41%
  • 1/5 brian puking for 5 minutes

6 35.29%

Thread: Family Guy R&R "Transfat"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

Family Guy R&R "Transfat"

Peter attempts to make amends for his outdated views on the LGBTQ community after he gets identified as a transgender man.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

2. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam

Blog Entries

Oh this is going to go over just great
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

How much you wanna bet that at least a few of the "Jokes" will be recycled from Quagmire's Dad?
    Family Guy Season 17 Ratings - Married... with Cancer: .5/5 Dead Dog Walking: .5/5 Pal Stewie: 3/5 Big Trouble in Little Quahog: 3.5/5 Regarding Carter: 1.5/5 Stand by Meg: 2/5 Griffin Winter Games: 2.5/5 Con Heiress: 0/5 Pawtucket Pete: 2.5/5 Hefty Shades of Gray: .5/5 Trump Guy: .5/5 Bri, Robot: .5/5 Trans-Fat: 2/5 Family Guy Lite: 1.5/5 No Giggity, No Doubt: 1.5/5 You Can't Handle the Booth: 1/5 Island Adventure: 4/5 Throw It Away: 2/5 Girl, Internetted: 1.5/5 Adam West High: 1.5/5
    American Dad! Season 15 Ratings - Fantasy Baseball: 1.5/5 I Am the Jeans: The Gina Lavetti Story: 0/5 Stan & Francine & Connie & Ted: 0/5 Rabbit Ears: 1.5/5 Jeff and the Dank Ass Weed Factory: 1/5 Lost Boys: 0/5 Shark?!: TBD The Long March: TBD

I'll bet Quagmires' Dad will make an appearance.

oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's a good job Family Guy isn't relevant or this would be upsetting
    Quote Originally Posted by The Egg Council Creepy View Post
    Here's FIVE non-rock songs I like:
    Take On Me
    Hello
    Mad World
    Unreal Superhero 3
    Lisa Frank 420/Modern Computing
    So i'm not a rockist

7. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Startug

Why do they keep going down this road? I guess it can be entertaining to watch a train wreck in slow motion.

The only decent FG episodes these days are the gimmicky ones involving Stewie's inventions.
    "Your tears say more than real evidence ever could."

Blog Entries

Delete this thread. No one needs to even ironically watch this garbage
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliot76 View Post
    don't feel threatened by a dude who gargles mayonnaise

I've been looking forward to this one ever since it was announced. Not that I think it will be great, but the premise is at least interesting in terms of making me wonder what's going to happen, which this season could sorely use.

Blog Entries

I quite enjoyed this. There were a couple things that were drawn out, like Peter’s getting up to go to the bathroom and the crowd cheering when his back was turned, as well as his looking for the scoreboard to see himself, but overall, I found this to be a very funny episode, and the lesson at the end explaining the struggles of transgender people was sweet. Peter’s loneliness when people shunned her could’ve been touched on a little more, but it wasn’t a big deal. 5/5
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

Blog Entries

more like the red cox

Blog Entries

(cuz they were at the red sox game according to 3t in discord)

Stuff I liked
    * Socks on karate (even if it was just a rehashing of Electro-Man)
    * Exciting thing happening when Peter's back is turned.
    * Space cats... Though I thought the later callback to it with Lois was pointless.
    * Cutting to whatever movie that was.
    * Peter not paying attention to Ida's story.
    * While I didn't much care for the first callback to space cats, the final one with the space dog was pretty good.
    * Again, sorry if you don't agree with the slams at Bob's Burgers but I thought they were fine. I tried watching it about five years ago and all it was to me was everyone either being an idiot or obviously screaming for 22 minutes!

Stuff I didn't like
    * Joe eating out the athlete's cup, and the later follow-up with Cleveland.
    * Peter revealing the dress he's wearing is Meg's and that she commits murders in it, and all the later callbacks to it.
    * Joe's road trip bit.
    * "There was a shooting..."
    * Peter getting struck by the ceiling fan, it being specific to the plot actually made as bad as it would've been just as a standalone pointless gore scene from Seasons 8-13 where it would've been far more graphic.
    * Obligatory "Fuck you, Chris!" moment: The cutaway with him talking down to Joe & Bonnie after winning $100.

Misc
    * Hello Shelia's friend that sounds like Hayley!
    * Because I kept joking about how this episode was likely to recycle some of the same "Gags" from Quagmire's Dad, I decided to rewatch that episode earlier today so that it would be fresh in my mind. Well, most of it anyways as I stopped around the point when Brian met Ida as I knew I didn't need to watch him puke for two minutes or Quagmire beat the shit out of him thus giving us one of the earliest examples of the latter turning himself into an unsympathetic piece of shit!

Well, much like last week this episode was a typical FG episode but unlike last week leaned a little more on the average side. A number of jokes worked, a few of them didn't and the running gags were hit and miss (though mostly misses). And when compared to Quagmire's Dad which as I mentioned above I watched earlier to catch if they'd reuse any of the same "Gags", I'd much rather rewatch this one over that.

Though it did lose me a bit when the gore scene occurred in order to advance the plot, but at least it wasn't as bad as whenever AD! advances the plot of an episode where it feels like they wrote themselves into a corner and going "Pointless gore FTW!!" was their only way out. Still, this was an amazing episode when compared to the other three to the point where I declare this episode to be the show's return from winter hiatus, even if it's not the most ideal choice and the fact that show now goes into another hiatus until March.

1.5/5, rounded down to a 1 for the poll thanks to the gore scene being used to advance the plot.

Blog Entries

i dunno what to make of this one. i appreciated the self-aware tone with brian and quagmire calling peter out for his mockery of trans people, those scenes and especially ida's rant at the end definitely felt like the show criticizing itself for its past overly gross transgressions. but if you peel back the layers, it was still basically another "peter gets a new hobby" episode. there were a few moments i laughed at (peter going up the stairs as exciting things happen, the stats freak in the bathroom line, principal shepherd singing creep, quagmire and sully, the bob's burgers bit) but most of the stuff with peter as transgender was grating and a few of the running gags dragged (the cat people stuff was ok, hated joes poop and meg being a murderer). also man it was weird to see the show do an episode with ida where there wasnt a single shock joke about her.

eh since it is the show trying to put its money where its mouth is after the trump guy gay joke thing, ill be generous and say 2.5-3/5. not like im forgiving it for the 10 minute scene of brian puking though. never

16. Thumbs Up To This Post by: John95, Sam

I wasn't expecting to come away from an episode with this premise thinking it was actually okay, but, compared to the rest of this season so far, this might as well be a masterpiece. It was nice to see characters like Ida used sympathetically, and quite a few of the jokes were actually good, with my favorite probably being Brian butchering the LGBTQ initialism. However, although it ended up being an okay portrayal of trans issues in the end, I still put it in the not-great pile. Most of the episode is taken up by Peter pretending to be transgender, which wasn't gut busting stuff, especially since you aren't meant to like him. Plus, there were some lame gross-out jokes like Joe eating sperm, and Peter being beaten up by Chris Brown and Ray Rice. Also, although I liked Ida's ending monologue, the ending with "Dickstarter" cheapened it a little. But for the most part, I was at least interested in what would happen, and outside of the ones mentioned, the jokes were mostly good. So, it's probably my second favorite of the season for now, behind Big Trouble.

3/5

18. Thumbs Up To This Post by: John95

Blog Entries

5/5 just because Peter got called out as being a piece of shit. Just kidding, it wasn't that good. But after watching idiotic "Peter feigns being transgender" jokes for most of the episode, and having Ida be treated like garbage by the show for over a decade now, the rant scene was great and well deserved.

Moe is their leader. Captain_Smiley's Avatar

I liked the joke with Joe and Cleveland eating Cracker Jack because of how clueless the two of them are to what is happening.

Okay whoever is writing the whole "character says something then throw in some stupid monologue with zooming or panning camera" thing needs to knock it off. I haven't kept score on this but my god it's getting way too old.

Now I see what @Beggs is talking about after that Bob's Burgers shot at the end. I really think the writers hate the success that show has had and don't understand what people see in it.

Anyway, this episode was okay, I guess. The bar has been set so low for such a long time now that I guess an episode like this can be considered decent. It wasn't as funny as last week's episode and there were too many running gags that weren't needed (space cats, Meg murdering people while wearing a wedding dress). Also, I noticed that the episode was kinda playing it safe with the jokes here. It's crazy how "Quagmire's Dad" was a lot more offensive than this episode by comparison, so I guess the show was on to something when they said they were phasing that stuff out.

It's especially noticeable in that scene where Ida chews Peter out for what he did. This is one of the few times where Peter actually gets called out for something wrong and feels genuine remorse over it. Between this and Brian realizing that he hates himself in last week's episode, it's almost like the writers are finally admitting that these characters are horrible people and we shouldn't be rooting for any of them. Or maybe it's just a coincidence, but I wouldn't put it past them.

This was just a very meh episode. Nothing really to write home about, but nowhere near as awful as some of the episodes this season have been. 2/5

23. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Beggs

Yeah, it's hard to figure. H. Jon Benjamin obviously took part so I guess he's cool with it at least, and maybe the line about it not being a roast because a roast is good-natured is all part of the running joke between them, but...man, it does feel awfully mean-spirited, and it wouldn't be the first time the Family Guy writers couldn't let go of bashing another show. Even if it is meant in good fun, it comes off pretty bitter, and at the very least, repetitive to the point where it's no longer funny unless you hate Bob's Burgers. I don't have any strong feelings about it one way or the other, but it still feels like Family Guy needs to get past it, whether it's a legit hate or just a rib.

As for the episode, I was expecting much worse. It handled the subject surprisingly respectfully by its standards, though as already noted, it's a low bar. There was some clumsiness, but it had good intentions at least. That's about as much credit as I'm willing to give it though, and irrespective of the subject matter, it was the usual disjointed Family Guy plot with a rushed resolution to get us back to the status quo.

It was pretty light on laughs as well. They came close to running the cat alien gag into the ground, but they just managed to make it work with the final twist. They were definitely favouring callbacks in this one and they were decently timed, though nothing stood out as hilarious. Anyway, I expected a disaster and got a fairly bland outing that at least tried to have a good message for once, and perhaps hit a few right notes here and there. Given how badly it could've gone, maybe bland is a blessing on this occasion. 2/5
    A little less Generic than before.

The only good part I enjoyed was when kept turning his back and something exciting happens. That I laughed at! At least Ida was treated better by and not Brian. I did laugh at Brian messing up the LGBTQ slogan. Man he is sure stupid. I could have done without Cleveland and Joe eating out of a sports cup and than eating out of the cracker jack box being clueless of what is going to happen. Best part was Quagmire punching Peter after he turned back into a man for insulting his father. I wished Joe had done the same. Meg killing people in her wedding dress?!! WTF?!! It did treat the subject matter well but not good enough. This gets a 1.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Wellesley Wild wrote this before moving on to the Orville and Animaniacs reboot that is coming to Hulu next year. He managed to end his FG career on a decent note, at least, since it's not insulting like Seashore Seashell Party or stupid like Call Girl. They tackled the trans issue more maturely than Quagmire's Dad.
    Simpsons: 4 > 6 = 7 > 5 > 3 > 8 > 2 > 14 > 15 > 13 = 10 > 9 > 16 > 20 > 1 > 24 = 21 > 26 > 22 = 25 > 23 > 19 = 27 > 18 = 28 > 12 > 11 > 17 = 29

Family Guy: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 5 = 6 > 15 > 16 > 10 > 14 > > 7 = 11 = 9 > 8 > 12 = 13

American Dad: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 6 > 5 > 8 > 9 > 7 = 11 > 10 > 13 (so far) > 12

The Cleveland Show: 2 > 1 > 4 > 3

Futurama: 5 > 4 = 1 > 2 = 3 > 7 > 6

Rick and Morty: 2 > 1 > 3

27. Thumbs Up To This Post by: John95

Thread Information