Thread: Imagine The Simpsons as a children's series

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Imagine The Simpsons as a children's series

Hi everyone!. We all know that Fox renewed The Simpsons for 2 more seasons. For 30 years The Simpsons has always been a series for young people and adults with his mature humor but what would happen if Disney came to transform the series into a children's one?:

The characters of Patty and Selma would be retired from the show because at Disney it is forbidden to show people smoking in their series and movies or the characters or they would continue in the show but transformed into twins that never smoke.

Goodbye Moe's Tavern, Duff Beer because at Disney, alcohol is forbidden. Barney Gumble would be another of the characters that would be removed from The Simpsons.

Christianity is forbidden in Disney because we would be saying goodbye forever to Reverend Lovejoy and his wife Helen, and the First Church of Springfield. The Flanders family would no longer be seen as a Christian family. God and Jesus would also be definitively retired from the show.

The family would stop being dysfuntional, Bart instead of behaving badly at school, he would do homework and respect his principal and goodbye Homer and Marge's sex scenes.

The Treehouse of Horror episodes would be like Gravity Falls episodes: without blood, without anything.

And many another things that would ruin the series if Disney acquiring Fox transform a TV-PG/TV-14 series like The Simpsons into a TV-Y7/TV-G, which would cause rating levels to drop drastically and the show would be canceled.

I don't want The Simpsons to become a kid show, Then they would no longer be The Simpsons, but a series similar to Phineas and Ferb, Big City Greens or another series that is broadcasted by Disney Channel and Disney XD, because for 30 years the show has always been characterized by its mature comedy and Disney could ruin the series replacing black comedy to white comedy. =S Greetings!. =S
    Last edited by AnthonyNoHomers70100; 02-11-2019 at 05:21 PM.

Junior Camper

Gravity Falls has had episodes that were WAY darker than any THOH.

Actually an Esquilax Venomrabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Honestly, being more like Gravity Falls in their THOH episodes sounds like one hell of a thing to do. Yes, yes please give us more stuff that's freaky and dark and not just "character dies with funny timing I guess lol" on repeats. GF could get really freaky and dark and it didn't need gore or pointless killings.

Yup, nothing. Nothing freaky at all!

Now really, I wouldn't want it to a full on kids show. If anything The Simpsons was... and for the most part still is one of the few adult shows that thinks adult means something other than "idiot frat boy who thinks that Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer were comedic geniuses" it just meant it was actually, y'know, mature and not just in a "haha boobies" way.

But if you asked me if I wanted THOH episodes to be more like Gravity Falls? Uh, hell yeah, that'd be fantastic!

oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Why are people taking this crap seriou
    Quote Originally Posted by The Egg Council Creepy View Post
    Here's FIVE non-rock songs I like:
    Take On Me
    Hello
    Mad World
    Unreal Superhero 3
    Lisa Frank 420/Modern Computing
    So i'm not a rockist

Non-Simpsons scare me. Road Rage's Avatar

Could always turn it into The Happy Little Elves. Would save on production costs too.

Duffman would also be definitively retired from the show. Disney would never exaggerate by transforming The Simpsons into a preschool show like those that are broadcasted on Disney Junior (formerly Playhouse Disney) and Nick Jr. Well,we just have to wait for The Walt Disney Company to take over 20th Century Fox to see what happens with the series, I hope everything stays the same, that is The Simpsons continues to be for teens and adults as it has always been for 30 years.
    Last edited by AnthonyNoHomers70100; 02-12-2019 at 07:33 AM.

Junior Camper

While I can see them removing some of that stuff, it's not like Disney cant make cartoons that have appeal to kids and adults. Shows like Gravity Falls, Milo Murphy's Law, Big City Greens, Phineas and Ferb and Wander Over Yonder have both child and adult fanbases.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhadley View Post
    While I can see them removing some of that stuff, it's not like Disney cant make cartoons that have appeal to kids and adults. Shows like Gravity Falls, Milo Murphy's Law, Big City Greens, Phineas and Ferb and Wander Over Yonder have both child and adult fanbases.
    For me, Big City Greens is a version for kids of The Simpsons and the Spuckler family, because the main characters of that show are yellow.

Thread Information