• 5/5 Bri 5!!!

1 10.00%
  • 4/5 I dunno, Robot Chicken or something

1 10.00%
  • 3/5 eh it was ok

1 10.00%
  • 2/5 wait wasn't Guy, Robot like yesterday

2 20.00%
  • 1/5 look i don't really see what's so wrong with robots.

5 50.00%

Thread: Family Guy R&R "Bri Robot"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

Family Guy R&R "Bri Robot"

Brian worries about the legacy he's leaving behind, so Stewie makes a robot duplicate as a living biography.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

2. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam

Stuff I liked
    Brian's birthday gift from Ramie Malex
    Saxophonist catching his breath during Hello Sexy
    Joe listening to Tubthumping.

Stuff I didn't like
    Minions 3
    Obligatory "Fuck you, Chris!" moment: Him basically dehumanizing Brian by telling everyone not to feel sad for him.
    Cleveland talking about his scrotum lump.
    The implied gag that Lois is cheating on Peter.
    Carter implying he masturbates to Chloe Kim.

Misc
    In the same night, both The Simpsons and Family Guy went for obvious low hanging fruit "Jokes" regarding an individual's dark sexual past.

Well, this existed... Yeah, honestly this was pretty pointless all around. The main plot became grading once it devolved itself into another case of them addressing Brian's flaws, and the subplot was another AD! style one where it seemed to exist simply to fill time that the wafer thin main plot couldn't.

I thought that even if I didn't care much for it I'd at least consider this episode to be the show's real return from hiatus after the terrible Trump "Two-parter". But honestly, I think I'm better off simply writing this one off as well...

.5/5, generously rounded up to a 1 for the poll.
    Family Guy Season 17 Ratings - Married... with Cancer: .5/5 Dead Dog Walking: .5/5 Pal Stewie: 3/5 Big Trouble in Little Quahog: 3.5/5 Regarding Carter: 1.5/5 Stand by Meg: 2/5 Griffin Winter Games: 2.5/5 Con Heiress: 0/5 Pawtucket Pete: 2.5/5 Hefty Shades of Gray: .5/5 Trump Guy: .5/5 Bri, Robot: .5/5 Trans-Fat: 2/5 Family Guy Lite: 1.5/5 No Giggity, No Doubt: 1.5/5 You Can't Handle the Booth: 1/5 Island Adventure: 4/5 Throw It Away: TBD Girl, Internetted: TBD
    American Dad! Season 15 Ratings - Fantasy Baseball: 1.5/5 I Am the Jeans: The Gina Lavetti Story: 0/5 Stan & Francine & Connie & Ted: TBD Rabbit Ears: TBD Jeff and the Dank Ass Weed Factory: TBD

Blog Entries

this was pretty forgettable outside of the lame shock gags peppered throughout (harvey weinstein despicable me, anton yelchin's jeep, brian stalking a waitress, the gross chloe kim joke, and the brian robot being banged at the end). i expected more to happen with the brian robot but nothing did at all, did they even leave the house with him? don't think so. and the subplot was pointless and barely resolved although the barnaby bananas stuff was kinda cute. i guess outside of that i liked quagmire's inner monologue about allison janney, even if the jokes afterwards about her were pretty bad. i was going to be generous and give this a 2 because it wasn't really terrible but after listing the atrocious jokes earlier i'm not in such a positive mood. 1/5

5. Thumbs Up To This Post by: John95, Sam

Very forgettable episode. Neither plot was interesting, and most of the jokes landed with a thud. A robot Brian could've been a good blend of Family Guy's science fiction elements and the Stewie-Brian dynamic, but nothing really happened at all, and I don't think I need to explain how thin the massage subplot was. If it weren't for the "Joe is easily swayed" cutaway, I very well might have laughed at nothing. Also, what did Allison Janney do to warrant so many jokes in this episode?

2/5

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

+whoa, ass ahoy

1/5
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

8. Thumbs Up To This Post by: John95

Man, that reference to a U2 album being pre-loaded sure was topical, wasn't it? I mean, it's a good jab and all, but it would've been even better years ago. Also, hasn't Peter made a joke about being in the Blue Man Group before? Not quite the same gag, but I had a strong feeling of deja vu there.

You know, I actually kind of liked this one, though it's probably a reflection of how low the bar has been set this season. Peter's story was pointless, but it set up a couple of decent jokes. Brian's story wasn't brilliant and ended on a bit of a downer, but it was coherent and again, there were a couple of funny moments. Nothing spectacular, but by Family Guy standards, it felt reasonably pleasant. 3/5
    A little less Generic than before.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Continuing my unpopular opinion, I think this is the first decent episode of the year. It’s still nothing great, but It’s better than most Brian episodes these days, although they really need to make up their mind on how to write him. Is he sympathetic like in The D in Apartment 23, apologetic in Dog Bites Bear, miserable in the season 17 premiere, or just a straight jerk like in most modern episodes nowadays. They did something fresh for him at least and the same cliches. Some good jokes as well but I could it do with the whole Allison Janney jabs (didn’t she already had a voice role earlier?) and that Harvey Weinstein Minions cutaway was just awkward knowing what happened to him earlier. Subplot did feel pointless but at least it wasn’t that awful. But I hated that last joke in the end, and what up with Lois seeing with another man? At least Joe is written normally. Also I’m shocked that this written by the same person from previous episode and let’s just say he redeemed himself with this even if the plot should’ve been better
    Simpsons: 4 > 6 = 7 > 5 > 3 > 8 > 2 > 14 > 15 > 13 = 10 > 9 > 16 > 20 > 1 > 24 = 21 > 26 > 22 = 25 > 23 > 19 = 27 > 18 = 28 > 12 > 11 > 17 = 29

Family Guy: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 5 = 6 > 15 > 16 > 10 > 14 > > 7 = 11 = 9 > 8 > 12 = 13

American Dad: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 6 > 5 > 8 > 9 > 7 = 11 > 10 > 13 (so far) > 12

The Cleveland Show: 2 > 1 > 4 > 3

Futurama: 5 > 4 = 1 > 2 = 3 > 7 > 6

Rick and Morty: 2 > 1 > 3

I think the part I laughed at the most was "Post Raisin Bran: proud sponsor of whatever the hell's going on here!" (and I guess the RBs/Arby's joke).

But yeah, typical modern Family Guy. Some funny moments, some jokes that totally fell flat, and a story that's not worth thinking about. I agree they could've done much more with Robot Brian than just have him sit on the couch with Brian. There were some good jokes (Brian's way of drinking water, the stupid laugh), but mostly it felt very lazy, like the lot of these episodes do.

3/5 by MF standards.
    Last edited by Nitsy; 02-11-2019 at 12:27 PM.
    "Your tears say more than real evidence ever could."

Quote Originally Posted by fas1997 View Post
    I could it do with the whole Allison Janney jabs (didn’t she already had a voice role earlier?)
    She's been on the show at least twice. Once as that magazine writer in Dial Meg for Murder and the other as Quagmire's mother in Quagmire's Mom.

So, this whole episode was about how Brian is a piece of shit, which we already knew, and Stewie was trying to make him see that? He went through the trouble of creating a robot with Brian's entire history just to prove that Brian has a shitty life? I don't know, I don't think Stewie would go so far to do something like that. Then again, at this point, the characters just do whatever they're supposed to, so I guess it doesn't matter.

After the last two episodes, the last one being another one of the worst in the entire series, this was definitely an improvement. I laughed at a couple jokes here and the main plot was somewhat coherent. I feel like Brian falling in love with himself was something they didn't need to do. It just felt like a cheap attempt at shock value. The whole point here is that Brian gets annoyed with himself to the point where he realizes how awful of a person he is, but they could have went the same route with him befriending Robot Brian. It's pretty much the exact same story. I think another poster here said it best. The writers don't know how to write Brian anymore. He's whatever personality they need for that episode. And now that he's realized how awful he is, he could take steps to change, right? Or not.

The subplot was just a way to get to 22 minutes. Out of sight, out of mind. But this episode was at least funnier than the last two episodes. 3/5

14. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Beggs

On the subject of Lois clearly having an affair, there would've been a time when it bugged me and made me ask "Really? Are they really going there?", but of course they're going there. It's not like they'll follow up on it and they're not even pretending Lois is any more likeable than anyone else in the cast these days, so sure, she cheats on Peter. Why not.

This was just a way to make Brian's ego bigger. Him making out with the robot was a WTF moment. The subplot was no better. Also, if they are going that way with Lois, go ahead. Actually, I don't blame her for cheating on that fat, moronic asshole. This gets a 1.5.

Thread Information