Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Simpsons renewed for seasons 31 and 32

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

Simpsons renewed for seasons 31 and 32

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/the...ox-1203130108/

"“The Simpsons” has been picked up for a 31st and 32nd season at Fox, the network announced Wednesday at the Television Critics Association winter press tour.

News of the renewal comes just two weeks after Variety reported that the show was nearing a new deal for a two-season pick up.

At the conclusion of Season 32, the iconic animated sitcom will have produced 713 episodes total. “The Simpsons” is the longest-running primetime scripted show in television history, having surpassed “Gunsmoke” during its 29th season."

The end begins...
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

So what will the production codes be for season 32? Season 31 will be "ZABF", exhausting the current production code format.

Blog Entries

POOP

Blog Entries

Ohhhhh yeeeeeeaaaaah!
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

Blog Entries

Whenever they end, I just hope it's when they want to, not because an important voice actor died.

Blog Entries

oboy 2 more years of seeing clips of the new episodes during the ad breaks of NFL games
    Fuck Donald Trump. #NotMyPresident

Blog Entries

You could always boycott the NFL like you said you would.

Blog Entries

please we all know that was bs

Meh... why not just end the series after season 30?

11. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Road Rage

Blog Entries

gotta get that bread

Here's what Homer thinks of this news...

But seriously, I heard that Disney and FOX want to see how profitable the new episodes are. They've finally been aware FOX has been losing money over the new episodes and their poor ratings, as if it were a stream of constant box-office bombs, and the fact that Disney has bought 20th Century Fox doesn't help much (as they are a separate entity from FOX Broadcasting.) If the low ratings and profits continue, Disney and FOX will pull the plug.

Quote Originally Posted by HitoftheMillennium View Post
    Meh... why not just end the series after season 30?
    Because many people still enjoy the show, because the rating is favorable, because it generates profits and because there is still a lot to do with the series. This is an excellent news.
    SEASON 30 RANKINGS: Bart's Not Dead: 3/5 / Heartbreak Hotel: 2/5 / My Way or the Highway to Heaven: 3/5 / Treehouse of Horror XXIX: 2/5 / Baby You Can't Drive My Car: 4/5 / From Russia Without Love: 4/5 / Werking Mom: 4/5 / Krusty the Clown: 4/5 / Daddicus Finch: 5/5 / Tis the Thirtieth Season: 2/5 / Mad About the Toy: 3/5 / The Girl on the Bus: 3/5 / I'm Dancing as Fat as I Can: 4/5 / The Clown Stays in the Picture: 2/5 / 101 Mitigations: 4/5 / I Want You (She's So Heavy): 1/5 / E My Sports 4/5 / Bart vs. Itchy & Scratchy: 5/5 / Girl's in the Band: 4/5 / I'm Just a Girl Who Can't Say D'oh: 2/5 / D'oh Canada: 2/5

Quote Originally Posted by Szyslak100 View Post
    because the rating is favorable, because it generates profits
    Ah, but since Disney bought the 20th Century Fox properties, FOX has become aware of how in recent years, the show has been getting really lousy ratings and they are losing money over the new episodes. These days, the Simpsons only brings in money through merchandising and the reruns on FXX (seriously, the older episode reruns on cable pull in higher ratings than the new episodes do, and for good reason!) So FOX and Disney decided to renew the show for two more seasons to see how they perform. If they do as poorly as the previous episodes and seasons do, then they will consider pulling the plug. Seriously, even SpongeBob SquarePants is massively more popular than the Simpsons these days AND I heard the show has gotten good again, so that won't help the Simpsons much...

Blog Entries

But I've heard from here that the Simpsons was ending? Would've been nice if the show ended on a round number, but I won't say no to more episodes. I just hope they pick up the quality.. something I ask like every time this show gets renewed.
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

17. Thumbs Up To This Post by: TenEight

Its saving grace was the consistently good ratings from when it enjoyed the NFL lead-in. Thank God for that.

I kind of want to see if they'll "rent" some disney writers just to see if anything will make a difference
    Simpsons Comics 1993-2018

Quiet guy who eats everyone Jerry P.'s Avatar

I can't find any word on cast negotiations yet.

Blog Entries

the Simpsons is ending

The Devil in Blue Shorts BloodySimpsonChibi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hell Yeah! Praise the Great Yellow Ones!

Edit: Dammit! Why are the gifs always bigger than I expect them to be?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaine View Post
    I'd imagine patting Lisa on the head would sting, damn kids with their spiky heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramier Wolfcastle View Post
    So what will the production codes be for season 32? Season 31 will be "ZABF", exhausting the current production code format.
    I would like to know this as well as what we are to call the generation following Gen Z.
    "Your tears say more than real evidence ever could."

So, now that it's official, what are the odds Treehouse of Horror XXX will be episode #666? That kind of opportunity doesn't come around every day.
    A little less Generic than before.

Quote Originally Posted by Beggs View Post
    So, now that it's official, what are the odds Treehouse of Horror XXX will be episode #666? That kind of opportunity doesn't come around every day.
    Al Jean actually confirmed this, It's happening and I'm really excited.

Blog Entries

put homer in kingdom hearts you cowards
    Quote Originally Posted by simpsonsbart View Post
    About milk, remember that this word has several meanings...

a whiz with cold drinks Frightened Inmate No. 2's Avatar
    Blog Entries

wow can't believe they finally cancelled it. rip to a great show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Sandford II View Post
    While not humorous, would be cool if someone actually put this in their sig.

28. Thumbs Up To This Post by: hutz, pax, TenEight

Quote Originally Posted by Rutherford View Post
    Its saving grace was the consistently good ratings from when it enjoyed the NFL lead-in. Thank God for that.
    Yep, because the football games running overtime would screw up DVRs, and so people would have no choice but to watch it live. Because FOX believes DVR schedule recordings getting screwed up or cancelled is GOOD.

Blog Entries

those dang Green Bay Simpsons Delayers

31. Thumbs Up To This Post by: wiley207

Quote Originally Posted by wiley207 View Post
    Ah, but since Disney bought the 20th Century Fox properties, FOX has become aware of how in recent years, the show has been getting really lousy ratings and they are losing money over the new episodes. These days, the Simpsons only brings in money through merchandising and the reruns on FXX (seriously, the older episode reruns on cable pull in higher ratings than the new episodes do, and for good reason!) So FOX and Disney decided to renew the show for two more seasons to see how they perform. If they do as poorly as the previous episodes and seasons do, then they will consider pulling the plug. Seriously, even SpongeBob SquarePants is massively more popular than the Simpsons these days AND I heard the show has gotten good again, so that won't help the Simpsons much...
    I can not discuss anything related to the popularity that the show generates in the United States because I do not live there and I do not know the situation. But, in terms of ratings, The Simpsons is now the fifth most watched show of the season 2018/19 with an average of 1.6, being exceeded only by The Big Bang Theory, This is Us, Young Sheldon, Grey's Anatomy, and winning by a wide difference to any animated show. Currently, it is the most watched program on FOX.

As for earnings, a recent note in Variety explains that, while The Simpsons are the ones that demand more money to make their episodes, they are also the ones with the highest profits, being the most profitable show for FOX Broadcasting Company, which will take care of the next two seasons in question.

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

I'm not at all surprised about the two season renewal but rather think it was a rather natural development. Not only is the show still pulling in a lot of good, high ratings but now that Disney is aquiring Fox they want to let the show keep going until the viewership drops drastically and it's no longer as profitable (if they hadn't gotten Fox I wonder if this double season renewal would've been as certain, but it's definitely a big possibility as the show is still big despite the common negativity towards the modern seasons).

Worst User Ever

That Disney/Fox merger was the biggest blunder ever made!
    NO MORE SEASONS! ENOUGH ALREADY!

35. Thumbs Up To This Post by: wiley207

Thread Information