• 2/5

4 22.22%
  • 1/5

9 50.00%

Thread: FAMILY GUY TALKBACK "Trump Guy"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

FAMILY GUY TALKBACK "Trump Guy"

Donald Trump takes note of Peter’s fake-news prowess and taps him to become his new press secretary, which prompts the Griffins to move to Washington. But relations between with Trump and Griffin family deteriorate over a serious family matter: after Ivanka Trump befriends Meg and gives her a makeover, POTUS takes unwelcome notice of the new Meg.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

2. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam

Stuff I liked
    "We're gonna wipe our asses with the constitution!" (too bad the very next thing had to go and ruin it)
    Russian wearing a giant Stewie head.
    Screwed up close captioning
    The slams at Bob's Burgers (sorry. Tried getting into it a few years back, couldn't stand it).
    Peter struggling to compliment Meg (too bad this was another joke that they couldn't help but ruin)
    Ernie at the Smithsonian

Stuff I didn't like
    "I'm sorry everybody thinks your a historically unpopular fatso from New Jersey"
    Brian revealing he wrote the "Wipe our asses" joke, and the later callbacks.
    Peter bleeding while trying to compliment Meg.

Misc
    Once again, the "Previously on" would've been enough in order to justify why the Griffins are in Washington D.C. No reason for last week's pointless snore fest to exist when it only a lazy 10 second dedication to connecting both episodes at the end.
    A few years back AD! did a promo pic on their social media accounts that had Trump in it, and his design in that looked a thousand times better than the fucking t-rex armed monstrosity that he is here!
    Good think I don't drink because if I were to play a drinking game for every obvious low hanging fruit joke related to Trump and current politics, I would've been dead before the first commercial break!
    The Russian asking Brian for info while disguised as Stewie reminded me of something similar that American Dad! did in Flirting with Disaster. Difference being that in that episode it was a running gag that honestly wasn't funny to begin with, but here it's one of the only jokes that I liked in this snooze fest.

.5/5 ...Yeah... Despite there being more jokes that I liked when compared to last week, this was easily the worse episode in this "Two parter" so I'll just quickly wrap this by saying that this episode can join "Part one" and the previous "Two parter" as just another episode that really doesn't have any point in existing. Henceforth, I'll continue to believe that the next episode (whatever it may be) will be the show's real return from hiatus. Too bad I'm gonna have to wait about a month before that happens though...
    Family Guy Season 18 Ratings - Yacht Rocky: 1.5/5 Bri-Da: 2.5/5 Absolutely Babulous: 1.5/5 Disney's The Reboot: TBD Cat Fight: TBD
    American Dad! Season 15 Ratings - Fantasy Baseball: 1.5/5 I Am the Jeans: The Gina Lavetti Story: 0/5 Stan & Francine & Connie & Ted: 0/5 Rabbit Ears: 1.5/5 Jeff and the Dank Ass Weed Factory: 1/5 Lost Boys: 0/5 Shark?!: 1/5 The Long March: 2/5 The Hall Monitor and the Lunch Lady: 0/5 Wild Women Do: 2/5 An Irish Goodbye: 3/5 Stompe le Monde: 0/5 Mom Sauce: 0/5 Hamerican Dad!: 0/5 Demolition Daddy: 0/5 Pride Before the Fail: .5/5 Enter Stanman: 0/5 No Weddings and a Funeral: 0/5 Eight Fires: 1.5/5 The Hand That Rocks the Rogu: 0/5 Downtown: TBD Cheek to Cheek: A Stripper's Story: TBD

Blog Entries

i expected this to be abhorrent but it wasn't really unwatchable. at least it felt like they were actually interested in writing this one, even if it was dominated by cheap trump jokes that havent been fresh for 3 years. (and that cnn erection joke went on far too long) as for jokes i did like, grover cleveland describing his fucked up marriage and stewie's followup line was good. the fourth wall i wrote this scene jokes got a bit oversaturated but i did like the first one and putin at the end. also enjoyed the cutoff "previously on family guy" bit with stewie. yeah funny how none of the jokes i liked were the trump ones. makes you think eh. whatever. 2/5
    Last edited by The Goode Family; 01-14-2019 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Rounded down 4 the poll.

5. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Beggs, Sam

This episode was way too political. Especially with the part where Trump and Peter kept pushing the buttons that launched nuclear weapons. +0

The punch scene was definitely not funny and was just filler and pointless. +0

The punch scene was also too bloody and the part where Peter's nipples were bleeding was creepy and not funny. +0

The cutaways, while random, are still entertaining. +1

Voice talents are amazing as always. +1

This show was amazing back in the day, but is now way too political.
    I will definitely watch part one of this episode. 2/5

Blog Entries

donald trump just grabbed meg by the pussy

1/5
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Blog Entries

y

9. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What happened to Lois being mad last week? She ripped Peter’s head off for working with Trump, and now sees it as a wonderful opportunity. Wouldn’t it make sense to keep that from “part one”, maybe give her a plot instead of Meg, maybe even make her the one *pussy grabbed*, or else make Meg the one that was mad at Peter in part one, give them some tying thread.

Its a dumb thing to mention, since they didn’t even show Peter dye his hair back, or...anything from last week. Why the fuck was this a 2 parter? They didn’t make any ads mooching ratings off of “2 Parter Family Guy”. Gonna guess they tacked that on after the ep was done just to give some explanation of the Griffins being in Washington. Yeah, definitely that.

Anyway, Trump VS. Peter, very epic.

1/5
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

The episode picked up slightly in the third act, but the first two were absolutely painful. So much so that I seriously questioned turning it off. This had no business being a two-parter, much less existing in the first place. There's no mention of anything that happened last week. Peter's hair is back to its natural color for no apparent reason, Lois is perfectly fine with Peter working for Trump even though she was against fake news last week, and we don't even see Peter doing anything relevant to his job. It's just a bunch of random gags that they could have done by having the Griffins simply take a vacation to Washington. It seems like they come slightly close to a point when Trump mentions Peter's hypocrisy, but it doesn't really lead to anything meaningful. And he's right. This show has no legs to stand on insulting him or any other show when all it does these days is try to offend everybody and be as mean-spirited as possible. If this episode was written better, it could have been centered around that. Family Guy painting Trump as a monster when they are no better than him and having to come to terms with the fact that they are basically an animated sitcom version of him. But again, that would have involved effort and cleverness.

I swear, it's painful to watch how this series sinks deeper and deeper with every new episode. The dialogue here, at least in the first two acts, was painful. It sounded like when TV shows make fun of corny stage plays. Every line was self-aware garbage, like the Griffins knew Trump was a horrible person and they shouldn't be in D.C. at all but they still thought it was a great opportunity. You can't be that self-aware and play it straight at the same time. It makes the episode confusing and the characters look like idiots. Like when Lois scolded Meg for getting sexually assaulted by Trump. This is what every line sounded like: "Donald Trump would never grab a lady by the pussy! It's Donald Trump, the same person that admitted to grabbing ladies by the pussy! It doesn't make any sense!" And then later on when Peter talks about Melania Trump and Stormy Daniels after finding out that Meg was telling the truth. You can't have the characters flex this ridiculous amount of Trump knowledge in one breath and then play it straight like they don't know how bad of a person he truly is. And that's not to mention all the hackneyed, elementary school Trump jokes that anybody could make, and have been making for the past three years. Every joke here comes off like Brian wrote it, which is funny because they have Brian mention he wrote some of the jokes, but then there are other jokes here written with the same lack of effort.

I have never seen a television series give up this much. Ever. I have seen shows decline before, and I know this is an episode of an animated sitcom in its seventeenth season, but there's a reason why shows have to end at some point. It's past the point where the series jumped the shark. They've jumped five sharks, burned down the forest, and caused at least three environmental disasters. 0/5

12. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Beggs

Junior Camper

Not only the worst Family Guy episode ever made or conceived but also one of the worst pieces of crap I've ever seen on TV. RIP Family Guy, no more.

Blog Entries

I didn't love the episode where Peter became friends with Putin, but at least it had a plot and some lighthearted goofiness. This, on the other hand, was almost entirely regurgitated and unpleasant, with no plot at all. I despise everything about Donald Trump, but he's so easy to joke on you have to be sure you don't go for the low-hanging fruit. But this is Family Guy, so I'm pretty sure not going for low-hanging fruit is a foreign concept to them.

15. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Beggs

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Quote Originally Posted by John95 View Post
    Stuff I liked
    Screwed up close captioning
    I was a little surprised Tom Mison (Ichabod on Sleepy Hollow) didn't get credited; yes, it was a live-action sequence, but didn't Conway Twitty always get credited whenever he had a live-action scene?

Blog Entries

i don't think so, but they did credit hart bochner/george christy/paul gleason/bruce willis/reginald veljohnson for the die hard clip in brian's got a brand new bag

The above posts pretty much say all there is to say, so I'll try and keep this brief: not a very good episode, although at least it wasn't as painfully dull as the previous few installments. The Trump satire was simplistic and a low amount of the jokes surrounding him were funny, and the "epic" fight felt low on the stakes when you compare it to something like Peter vs. Homer or the first act in Internal Affairs. By the way, that's not me saying I necessarily WANT a long fight, but considering the episode pretty much had nothing going out outside of that, why not? I would rather watch Our Cartoon President than this.

2/5

19. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Beggs

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

This was a mess. It was full of predictable political jokes as they find many ways to piss the Republicans off. I liked the Bob's Burgers slam they did, even though fans are seething in rage right now. And they right about the animation. And I was not lying about dropping the show as I feel like this season focuses on the kids too much (and Teddy gets too much screentime and his only good role lately was the recent Christmas episode). Act one was empty as heck, but it did starts to pick up a bit and I was waiting for the chicken fight style. I liked how Ernie made a cameo and wasn't paying attention. But in the end, it was on cluttered mess. Too many fourth wall jokes (cough Brian and Chris writing liberal jokes and the ending), like usual, cause season 17 had enough of those. It's not worth saying that I'm happy to see blood and sexual humor more than these cheap Chowder/Deadpool wannabe comedy. 4/10 for me, only higher because the Bob's Burgers jab and fight. Take away those two sequences and it's complete awful. Con Heiress is worse, but it's already took FG a couple episodes into the new year to be a trainwreck. Between 3/10 and 4/10
    Simpsons: 4 > 6 = 7 > 5 > 3 > 8 > 2 > 14 > 15 > 13 = 10 > 9 > 16 > 20 > 1 > 24 = 21 > 26 > 22 = 25 > 23 > 19 = 27 > 18 = 28 > 12 > 11 > 17 = 29

Family Guy: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 5 = 6 > 15 > 16 > 10 > 14 > > 7 = 11 = 9 > 8 > 12 = 13

American Dad: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 6 > 5 > 8 > 9 > 7 = 11 > 10 > 13 (so far) > 12

The Cleveland Show: 2 > 1 > 4 > 3

Futurama: 5 > 4 = 1 > 2 = 3 > 7 > 6

Rick and Morty: 2 > 1 > 3

It's clear that this episode exists just so the writers can piss all over Trump and they're about two years too late to do it with any sort of freshness. The jokes are all tired and stale and they have to roll out past clips and one of their "epic" fight scenes to pad out the time. There's not really much of a plot to speak of, it's mostly just different characters taking turns to critcise Trump, with Peter's seeming the most uncharacteristic, only topped by the scene at the end.

It comes across as some bizarre very special episode or PSA where the writers had a list of points and jabs to make, forgetting to make an entertaining piece of TV. I don't understand why they couldn't have made their political points while still making an enjoyable episode.

22. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Beggs

Garbage!!! It was nothing but Trump bashing and even Brian breaking the fourth wall telling jokes was lame. The only good thing I loved was when Meg was made up. Wow! She was hot! Every time she gets made up, she is hotter than Lois. That is the truth. Peter was a real fat moron. Screaming that he can't get an erection. WTF?!!! Bleeding because he can't give Meg a nice compliment? Fuck him!! This was so bad, it's the reason Family Guy keeps getting lower with no chance of a rebound.

Politically, I'm with Seth and I'm fine with the intent of the episode on paper, but still, it wasn't very enjoyable. There's not much that I can add that hasn't already been said, except to say that to call the episode satire or commentary would be extremely generous. It feels like they had a bunch of ideas for cutaways poking fun at Trump, and cobbled them together into an episode. I did enjoy the running joke about the characters writing lines and the fact that they were kind of self-aware about what they were doing, but sadly not self-aware enough to do a better job of it.

Speaking of self-awareness, it was definitely interesting that they called themselves out on being mean-spirited, but as noted, it didn't go anywhere meaningful. I'm not a fan of Bob's Burgers or anything - I've seen bits and pieces, thought it was decent enough but didn't really feel hooked - but the bashing felt really uncomfortable, probably because they abandoned the point so quickly. I think it's come to the point where I'm put off by Family Guy bashing anything, regardless of whether I'm a fan of it or even agree with the criticism. They've run it into the ground and gotten too nasty with it at times, and it actually seems like they're aware of it. I don't expect much will change, though.

I guess it could've been worse. I found myself laughing a few times and some of the meta stuff was interesting at least. 2/5, but man, a pretty unnecessary episode filled with stuff that easily could've just been cutaway gags in others, and definitely unnecessary as a two-parter.
    A little less Generic than before.

What a libtard

26. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Two-Bit

Wrote the book on flimflammin Grifty McGrift's Avatar
    Blog Entries

2/5

Thread Information