Thread: "Daddy" was not voiced by Elizabeth Taylor. (theory)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

"Daddy" was not voiced by Elizabeth Taylor. (theory)

Elizabeth Taylor is listed in the credits of "Lisa's First Word" for absolutely no reason. Because she's a odd-one out, people think she voiced Maggie's first and forever only word, "Daddy". In my opinion, it doesn't sound like something coming out of a 50s movie star then-currently in her "grandparent" years, because what if you compare it to the non-sucking noises Maggie makes in other episodes, voiced by Nancy (she also did the sucking)? The voice tone sound similar. While there might be a minor unnamed character voiced by Taylor, i'm not entirely sure where this "Taylor voiced Maggie" theory came from.

Does anyone agree with me?

2. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam

Your Neighborhood Average Joe Purpleberries's Avatar

Weird thread placement but ok

Blog Entries

I don't buy it because I've heard the story about how she kept having to redo it because she was saying daddy too sexually about a million times and it's such a weird thing to lie about continuously for decades

5. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Beggs

Blog Entries

daddy is a good word

Blog Entries

alright kinky post

Blog Entries

thanks

Just a hunch but I guess the "Elizabeth Taylor voiced Maggie" theory came from the writers saying she did. I hope you understand why people think that might be the case now.
    Season 29 Ratings
    The Serfsons D- Springfield Splendor B- Whistler's Father C- Treehouse of Horror XXVIII C Grampy Can Ya Hear Me ​D- The Old Blue Mayor She Ain't What She Used To Be ​C Singin' in the Lane ​C- Mr Lisa's Opus ​B+ Gone Boy ​B Haw-Haw Land ​D Frink Gets Testy ​C Homer is Where the Art Isn't ​C- 3 Scenes Plus a Tag From a Marriage ​B- Fears of a Clown ​B No Good Read Goes Unpunished ​C+ King Leer ​B+ Lisa Gets the Blues ​D- Forgive and Regret ​C Left Behind ​B- Throw Grampa From the Dane ​C+ Flanders' Ladder ​B-

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Just a hunch but I guess the "Elizabeth Taylor voiced Maggie" theory came from the writers saying she did. I hope you understand why people think that might be the case now.
    That, and Nancy Cartwright mentions it in her book.

I have an idea why people might think she didn't; there is one episode where they replay this scene, and, supposedly, for some strange reason, somebody else dubbed over Taylor's voice.

Thread Information