Thread: Problems with forum?

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Birthplace of the Flaming Moe Welcome to Moe's's Avatar

Question Problems with forum?

I'm not sure where to post this but thought I'd do a little thread on it as there's been a few problems lately with the forum when starting a new thread end editing.

1. When creating a new thread, on the preview page (before you submit) it will preview the post and then have the box underneath where your composed post is, however this keep appearing blank so you either have to go back on the browser to the page you first typed it (which often appears blank then too) or copy & paste the whole post from the preview and paste it into the box then re-amend any images etc.. before pressing submit.

2. The same goes with editing, when you've submitted a post if you click edit to amend a mistake or typo etc... the box will be blank meaning you can't edit it.

This happened again just now which I tried to edit on Google Chrome and then as it wasn't working there I tried the Dolphin browser on my phone but same problem, so it's not a specific browser problem.

This doesn't happen all the time but I've noticed it happen a lot for a while now and just wondered if you guys could kindly do some sort of fix if possible?

I'll add a screen grab from how the page looked when I pressed edit, basically the text input box is blank and causing problems on both preview before post and edit.

Thanks

'"Uh, Hugh Jass! D'oh, somebody check the men's room for a Hugh Jass"

Blog Entries

Yeah, this is a big problem that hasn’t been addressed yet. I’d really like it if one of the owners could get on that.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

It would help if y'all mention and/or email them when these types of issues come up if they have been happening for awhile. Not everyone deals with the same glitches on the same platforms.
    @eric @Roarke

Thanks, Welcome to Moe's. They've been notified.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

Birthplace of the Flaming Moe Welcome to Moe's's Avatar

You're welcome, yeah it's been happening a while, luckily I haven't lost any of my posts yet as with you having to use the back and forth buttons you do worry that you'll lose the whole post so it's best to try remember to copy and paste before you go to the next page in case, specially when you've put a lot of work in writing a post and putting a post together etc..

I didn't want to say anything straight away cause I wasn't sure if you guys were already aware and working on it however as it's been happening for quite a while I thought I'd mention it then you can kindly look into it as and when you're ready to.

But yeah, as @Financial Panther mentioned it's been happening a while and it's doing it on various platforms for me (my phone and PC in different browsers)

Blog Entries

Thread Information