Thread: "The DARE Report: The Land of Decisions and Choices" (1993)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

"The DARE Report: The Land of Decisions and Choices" (1993)

This is a VERY bizarre drug education cartoon I saw once in sixth grade (late 1999), and never again in English until early this week. And since some "Simpsons" artists were involved, I thought I'd share it here!

"The D.A.R.E. Report: The Land of Decisions and Choices" is directed by Michael Polcino and Tricia Garcia, both "Simpsons" veterans. Right away you can see some of the "Simpsons" influence in the character designs, largely with the overbites, lack of chins and four-fingered hands, but otherwise have more realistic flesh colors. Adriana Galves was the art director, and Dominic Polcino and Tricia Garcia did the storyboards. A few other "Simpsons" artists were also involved, but I don't feel like listing all of them.

It teaches how bad drugs are and you should avoid them, yet with the way this is produced, you'd think the production staff was on drugs when they made this! I mean, a giant talking joint similar to Ursula of "The Little Mermaid?" And how that lead drug dealer puts on a full rabbit suit at the start and doesn't even take it off (at least the mask) until near the end, with his kid assistant in a bee costume.

Nonetheless, it's definitely making for some great YouTube Poop material, making it WAY more weirder! (Just finished the cocaine scene.)

That was fucking weird. Might make sense if I was on drugs

You're BoJack Horseman, no cure for that.

Mom, Bart's Smoking!

I remember watching that as a kid. It makes the Willie Wonka tunnel and pink elephants from Dumbo look like an episode of The Walton’s

4. Thumbs Up To This Post by: wiley207

Thread Information