Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

it's not even a 7 inch 45 rpm single as was tradition back then, it's a full fledged 12 inch 33 1/3 rpm single that was meant to be played in clubs back in the 80s. and I own it. and you don't
    Fuck Donald Trump. #NotMyPresident

Blog Entries

the beastie boys are also just Not very good lol

Blog Entries

I do not agree

Blog Entries

their early albums are pretty interesting and good just from a production standpoint but their not very good rappers, and their not even rly close to the best group in hip hop.

Blog Entries

green day are also more known then beastie boys so yea

Blog Entries

i thot it was the beach bois at first and was confused lol

7. Thumbs Up To This Post by: pilcrow, tyler

SuperFriend Rembrandt Q. Einstein's Avatar

It's apples and oranges really but I'd say Green Day are more famous but Beastie Boys are more influential.

Blog Entries

im not sure about that but id PAss 2 comeau on that just cuz he knows about that stuff than i do

Blog Entries

but like i dont know if id consider beastie bois the most influential of 80s hip hop, maybe pauls boqiques production is but yea

Blog Entries

that post isnt typed very well but yea

Birthplace of the Flaming Moe Welcome to Moe's's Avatar

Disagree, nothing against Green Day but they didn't influence as much as Beastie Boys who spread across various genre's and as explained above are still influencing artists today, which isn't just from the 90's their career spans 30 years however their 90's work is where a lot of that Punk/Rap mash up came in (Check Your Head album, Ill Communication etc..) and even the new artists are doing Beastie Boys tributes and performances from their music that was around either when they were knee high or before they were even born etc.. I don't see that happening with Green Day as much as I know they've influenced a lot of bands after in their genre it's not as widespread or is it as long going. I hate these kinda conversations though because people feel that it's a diss to the other band but it's true, the Beastie Boys were and still are massively influential in a big, big way.

In fact the Beastie's 90's work influenced massively, just because Paul's Boutique later became an iconic album their albums Check Your Head, Ill Communication and Hello Nasty were also influencing massively too.

Look at how they were honoured at the Hip Hop Awards too as they influenced a whole generation there in the Hip Hop culture, they are all massively respected.

Another band who have said this are the Red Hot Chilli Peppers, I mean look at all the tributes for them on Youtube from Yelawolf, Eminem, Jay Z, man even Coldplay and Elton John are doing tributes. I know Green Day influenced a lot of bands but it's all in that genre, Beastie Boys spread out not just from their rap but that whole rap/rock sound influence with that whole wave and even with things such as like I say Star Wars (JJ Adams) and many things like the Matt Groening thing mentioned above, they are everywhere due to their fan base, they're really widespread.

Oh your other post appeared as I was typing, are you sure I don't own that vinyl lol, I love how you assume you know more about them about me, I wouldn't be too sure but run with that if you like. What about Cookie Puss, Polly Wog Stew, Rock Hard? way before Brooklyn, anyway I can see how this is going, you can't have these conversations sometimes hence why I say I'm not getting into a big debate, I see what's going on here.

Anyway say no more, I ain't here for that shit but no, I disagree strongly about the Green Day thing, again, I have nothing against the guys at all, I think they're a great band and no doubt cemented their legacy in their own merit but in regards to being more iconic and a bigger influence than the Beastie Boys, just no, Beastie Boys have influenced more widespread genres for a lot longer as opposed to Green Day who stick in their field (again, not a bad thing but true) but I see what's going on here with all the replies coming on as I'm typing all of a sudden so I'll leave that there.

'"Uh, Hugh Jass! D'oh, somebody check the men's room for a Hugh Jass"

Blog Entries

ur just saying that cuz their a WHite hip hop group,,,,,coward

Blog Entries

also dude yea ive done their whole discog, i know about their other albums lol

Blog Entries

the success of Green Day is directly responsible for The Offspring, Bad Religion, NOFX, Sublime, No Doubt, etc all receiving mainstream attention, all bands that either preceded them or formed at roughly the same time they did. That's not to mention Blink 182 and New Found Glory and Good Charlotte and other new age pop punk bands in the late 90s early 2000s. Already mentioned No Doubt but Gwen Stefani used the band as a stepping stone into greater success in pop radio and eventually television, none of which would have happened without Green Day. Weezer never would have taken off. A band like Paramore who is still experiencing mainstream success would never have happened if it weren't for Green Day. Hell I'd go as far as to say the entire Vans Warped Tour would never have happened without Green Day, the entire X-Games movement, the entire skate scene and even Tony Hawk's Pro Skater series(which built the vast majority of it's soundtrack from pop punk songs) would never have happened without Green Day. No Nickelodeon's Rocket Power. That's how much Green Day changed things in the mid 1990s.

Think about it. The pop punk explosion, all precipitated by Green Day's Dookie, was massive.

16. Thumbs Up To This Post by: cam, kes

Blog Entries

lol I don't even music and even I know green day is way way bigger than the beastie boys were
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Blog Entries

also I do not believe you own a single vinyl record, even something as innocuous as Led Zeppelin IV, never mind something as rare as the She's Crafty/No Sleep to Brooklyn 12" single on vinyl. sorry pal.

Blog Entries

ur right, I don't own a single vinyl record

Blog Entries

and yea like, theres way more influential hip hop acts from that era, theres not many rock bands more influential than green day from that era.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    ur right, I don't own a single vinyl record
    I meant Bergstrom you wisenheimer

"are you sure I don't own that vinyl lol, I love how you assume you know more about them about me, I wouldn't be too sure but run with that if you like." and the other nonsense.

lol trying to own me by name dropping "cookie puss" like come on amateur

Blog Entries

go off

Blog Entries

did you know the first major beastie boys tour was as an opener for Madonna? Her promoters had doubts but Madonna loved this weird new band, who was still playing punk at the time, she insisted on having them on before she went on stage to sing "Material Girl" or whatever? oh yea, it happened

24. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kes

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Stanley View Post
    I meant Bergstrom you wisenheimer

Blog Entries

argh time signatures aint working there

time for xenforo i give up

27. Thumbs Up To This Post by: cam

Blog Entries

:yes:

withered gas station rose Bart's treehouse's Avatar

Blog Entries

gonna go watch star wars the force awakens directed by jj adams

withered gas station rose Bart's treehouse's Avatar

Blog Entries

someone in discord just reminded me of the existence of 21 pilots there is another successful mainstream band in recent years that owes their career to green day

Blog Entries

I'm surprised they've never done a THOH parody of Groundhog Day. Or Sliding Doors for that matter (Sliding D'ohs. Come on).

EDIT: Sorry, I've posted this in the Beastie Boys thread, how fucking stupid of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by simpsonsbart View Post
    About milk, remember that this word has several meanings...

Junior Camper

Speaking of THOH parodies, a Friday the 13th parody would be pretty funny. They already did a Nightmare on Elm St. parody, why not the other big slasher franchise?

Thread Information