Thread: Do you watch the newer episodes?

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Do you watch the newer episodes?

Or are you just a fan of the older seasosn? I've barely watched any of the episodes past Season 13. I've seen a few episodes from the newer seasons, but I didn't really enjoy those episodes all that much.

Blog Entries

I watched the show up until season 29. However I no longer do.
    You're a dolt with the IQ of a peabrain that probably loves lowbrow sitcoms like The Big Bang Theory, Frasier and Seinfeld to not grasp the biting satire and wit of the classic 65 (Rugrats).

Blog Entries

I watched Werking Mom for Raja, but otherwise no. The last episode I remember seeing was Fland Canyon (I think) and I wasn't watching it regularly at that point. The main appeal to catching up was critiquing the episodes with everyone here, and when my boarding dropped off, so did my interest.
    a soul for disguise

Blog Entries

I still keep up with the newer episodes and write a review afterwards. They can get rather average and forgettable, but there is some good stuff aswell. I'm more of a fan of the older seasons which I still watch regularly on my DVD set.
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

Yes, but the show feels very jaded and drab compared to what it used to be now. Season 30 hasn't been too impressive. I liked Baby You Can't Drive My Car and From Russia Without Love was okay. Didn't like Krusty the Clown at all and Daddicus Finch and Werking Mom were meh as fuck.

I just about gave up on newer episodes completely in early 2015 after watching The Man Who Came to Be Dinner (I thought that episode was abysmal) until this season. I caught up on seasons 26-29 in the summer and have been following season 30, although I missed the first episode of the season.

Socking dingers Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sure do. Seen every episode. New Simpsons is the highlight of my week. Even thought they might not always be very good, it’s fun seeing what others have to say about them and having another episode to watch.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

7. Thumbs Up To This Post by: MDB

Non-Simpsons scare me. Road Rage's Avatar

On and off. So far I haven't taken one look at season 30.

Blog Entries

I stopped watching regularly, week-after-week back during s23. I've seen a few episodes here and there since, mostly the ones that seemed to get good reception on here. but I'm a completionist at heart, and so I've started going through and trying to catch up on every episode from 24+. sometimes it's a chore, because for every good-to-great episode{Which isn't all that common now to begin with}, there's a bad-to-awful episode which ruins the fun of it.

I have seen every episode from s30 thus far, though, and I'm actually enjoying it, for the most part.

Blog Entries

I stopped watching regularly in season 21. I'll watch a new episode once in a while if the synopsis is intriguing, if it gets a lot of praise here, or there's some controversy surrounding it

Season 26 was the last season I watched fully, and have caught on some of the later episodes from time to time, I did follow Season 28 for the first 10 episodes.

I stopped watching the show after Season 18, after the movie came out.

I started watching again when I joined this site during Season 25. I've now been watching the show regularly since 2014. So basically I watched Seasons 11-18 as they aired, then 25+. I never saw 19-24 when they aired; I watched many of those episodes after I had seen Season 25.
    "Your tears say more than real evidence ever could."

Junior Camper

no
    nohomers.net make Treehouse of Spoopy go crazy

Still watching and I think I'll keep on doing that until further notice.

I dopped off for a couple of seasons several years back but then bounced back (have caught up with those, btw). As I've said before I look at the new episodes fairly open-mindedly (and with somewhat low expectations), judging them on their own as they stand and against the show's current era/modern age as opposed to the classic seasons which for me helps to view them a little more favorably.

However, when I find an episode to be really mediocre or is just plain bad I don't hold back my opinions. The show is not as good as it used to and there are still several of those episodes where the execution of the plots and so forth fails, but I still find it generating interest and has some pretty good material (much of which is overlooked or judged unfairly) to be worth watching.

About to murder someone... BloodySimpsonChibi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yes. I do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaine View Post
    I'd imagine patting Lisa on the head would sting, damn kids with their spiky heads.

.-- .... -.-- / .- -- / .. / .- .-.. .-- .- -.-- ... / .- .-.. --- -. . .-.-.-

Junior Camper

I still watch the THOH episodes, but not the regular ones.

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I stopped watching regular episodes with the episode where Marge and Lisa were planning a trip to Mars, or something, and then I've watched a couple of THoH's and maybe I'll see the next one next year.
    Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

I tried watching a new episode the Simpsons, but I realized the show hit a new low, like a brand new, underground parking structure of sadness.

I still do. My inner completionist compels me to watch it to the bitter end, and the occasional gems and solid episodes do mean that I still get enjoyment out of the show. Of course, it has also made for some rough watching at times.
    A little less Generic than before.

Have Brain, Will Travel Wile E. the Brain's Avatar

I remember the thread "Some questions for the fans" or something where there was a question like that. And yes, I still watch the newer episodes, and the reasons remain the same : it's far from being unwatchable despite the bad episodes here and there, it's obviously not as great as it was but that doesn't mean the good episodes are rare. I still enjoy watching them, and I will until the end of the series.

Thread Information