Uh, Hugh Jass? Welcome to Moe's's Avatar

Question Are there any characters from other shows you feel could fit within Springfield?

Lets be honest, The Simpsons are so incredibly unique not just by their look but their characters which are so well developed and characters that people can relate to as opposed to most animated shows however I have heard a few times when Jay Sherman from The Critic appeared some people felt he was a Simpsons character and fit in with the show some not realising until after that he was from another show (also created by Al Jean).

So I was wondering if there were any other characters from any other shows you felt would fit in well with The Simpsons, of course not going by their look (if they became a Simpsons character they would be designed like a Simpsons character) so more so just fitting in with the show in general.

It's a little like how The Loud House characters and show reminds me of something that would have been perfect in the 90's Cartoon Network style, which is nothing but a compliment to that show as I think it's awesome and the 90's era of Nickelodeon/Cartoon Network was just unreal.

I know this could be quite hard to do and is probably few and far between due to how unique The Simpsons are however let me know if you've ever felt a character from another show could work in The Simpsons and maybe we can see the side of things people bring as in like "Ah yeah that character could possibly work in The Simpsons".

I look forward to hearing from you guys

'"Uh, Hugh Jass! D'oh, somebody check the men's room for a Hugh Jass"

Non-Simpsons scare me. Road Rage's Avatar

Hmm. Well, before anyone else states the obvious, Futurama/Disenchantment characters can safely be plopped into Springfield since they already look the part.

Maybe something like George Costanza could work? He always seems to get into cartoon-worthy situations.

I think essentially any character from The Loud House (which you already mentioned), given they are not too fantastical (I don't think someone like Lisa Loud, a genius four year old scientist-inventor who speaks like an adult, would work as it would be too much, I feel). Just give them a Simpsonized design with the yellow skin etc. and they are pretty much good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Road Rage View Post
    Hmm. Well, before anyone else states the obvious, Futurama/Disenchantment characters can safely be plopped into Springfield since they already look the part.

Maybe something like George Costanza could work? He always seems to get into cartoon-worthy situations.
    Yeah, that's why I say kinda ignore the look thing cause people will say those characters because of that yet any character will be Simpsonized if they went into The Simpsons and no doubt there's characters that fit The Simpsons better than Disenchantment/Futurama characters do in other shows, so I hear ya!

I'm not sure who George Costanza is though will look him up

Quote Originally Posted by CousinMerl View Post
    I think essentially any character from The Loud House (which you already mentioned), given they are not too fantastical (I don't think someone like Lisa Loud, a genius four year old scientist-inventor who speaks like an adult, would work as it would be too much, I feel). Just give them a Simpsonized design with the yellow skin etc. and they are pretty much good to go.
    Yeah, which is the gothic girl in The Loud House? She comes to mind first as one that would fit in well, I could imagine her blending with Terri and Sherri or something and we don't really have a character like that in The Simpsons do we (which considering The Simpsons have pretty much covered almost any character we can think of).

Quote Originally Posted by Welcome to Moe's View Post
    Yeah, which is the gothic girl in The Loud House? She comes to mind first as one that would fit in well, I could imagine her blending with Terri and Sherri or something and we don't really have a character like that in The Simpsons do we (which considering The Simpsons have pretty much covered almost any character we can think of).
    Lucy? Yes, I could see her fit in well on the show and against the surroundings and cast (and there are no goth character on The Simpsons and someone like her would blend in well; could see her hit it off well with Lisa S), but the rest of the Louds would too (save for Lisa Loud as said). I could see the likes of them blend in without too much trouble and they would possibly be easier to have interact with the Simpsons than the Griffins as shown in the Family Guy crossover 'The Simpsons Guy' where I never felt much of a chemistry aside from Homer & Peter and maybe Bart & Stewie (which was an pretty odd pairing to be honest).

It would help the show with the lack of teenaged characters and also kid characters younger between age one and eight, the latter of which I haven't really thought about before; there are baby characters like Maggie and Gerald and second graders such as Lisa and Ralph but nothing really inbetween other than maybe some one-offs from time to time.
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 12-04-2018 at 10:54 AM.

Non-Simpsons scare me. Road Rage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Welcome to Moe's View Post
    I'm not sure who George Costanza is though will look him up

Sums him up right there.

Quote Originally Posted by CousinMerl View Post
    Lucy? Yes, I could see her fit in well on the show and against the surroundings and cast (and there are no goth character on The Simpsons and someone like her would blend in well; could see her hit it off well with Lisa S), but the rest of the Louds would too (save for Lisa Loud as said). I could see the likes of them blend in without too much trouble and they would possibly be easier to have interact with the Simpsons than the Griffins as shown in the Family Guy crossover 'The Simpsons Guy' where I never felt much of a chemistry aside from Homer & Peter and maybe Bart & Stewie (which was an pretty odd pairing to be honest).

It would help the show with the lack of teenaged characters and also kid characters younger between age one and eight, the latter of which I haven't really thought about before; there are baby characters like Maggie and Gerald and second graders such as Lisa and Ralph but nothing really inbetween other than maybe some one-offs from time to time.
    Yeah, Lucy, she's the one I feel could fit in really well, Simpsonize her and have her in the class, there's no Goth characters in The Simpsons like her so I do feel she'd fit really well. The other characters don't stand out for me as much as she does (obviously Lincoln and his mate) but she's always the one that stands out for me from that show

Quote Originally Posted by Road Rage View Post

Sums him up right there.
    Ha, yeah I Googled him after my response then saw he was from Seinfield, I'd never heard of him but he looks like he acts like Homer ha

Fred Flintstone could be Homer's bowling buddy.
    Pokemon Moon Friend Code 5473-2104-2310
    offering all starters, Zorua, and many more
    Shiny Druddigon (f) offered for your shiny.

Thread Information