Thread: Reccomend a lesser known movie you feel everyone should see?

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Birthplace of the Flaming Moe Welcome to Moe's's Avatar

Thumbs Up Reccomend a lesser known movie you feel everyone should see?

I thought this could be pretty good, more times than not films are release straight to DVD simply due to the lack of financial backing from the movie world which may/may not get a small theatrical release but it's barely noticed due to the big blockbuster movie's taking over the box office.

However with that said, so many of these straight to DVD films are much better than the big blockbuster movies. Don't get me wrong we get some fantastic and amazing blockbuster films (of course) but we get so many hidden gems that don't really get the recognition simple because people often don't really know about the film.

One of the best films I've ever seen along this vibe is a film called Bone Dry, when I first got this DVD I wasn't too sure what I would think to this simply because it's based in the desert so initially I thought it could be a bit of a drag in places but it's really not, it's the complete opposite.

The film is very gripping, it's intense, it's intriguing, you're wondering why he's being hunted and going through the things he's going through and you gain a lot of empathy for the character but the twist at the end is so good, afterwards it was just like "Wow" when you see the twist at the end.

The film stars Luke Goss and Lance Henriksen in like a cat and mouse game where both these actors really carry the film and play such fantastic parts, Eddie (Luke Goss) does meet a couple of characters in the desert too where things get really intense as obviously with what he is going through trust is a big thing for him, it's really, really good and the pace of the film keeps going throughout.

The synopsis:

SOME SECRETS WON'T STAY BURIED

Eddie, a businessman on his way back home, finds his perfect life shattered when an unseen assailant snatches him from a roadside in the harsh Mojave desert. His nemesis is Jimmy, a man armed, astonishingly dangerous and with a single purpose - to send Eddie on a brutally unnerving journey into the unknown.

Always two steps ahead, Jimmy stalks, menaces and challenges his prey, breaking his spirit and his body, until hunter and hunted come face to face. At this final destination one devastating test and a shocking revelation climax in a gruelling showdown of survival at any cost.

Taut, breathless and fiendishly intelligent "Bone Dry" is a suspense-filled thrill ride in the ground-breaking tradition of "Hitcher", "Saw" and Spielberg's ""Duel".
    The trailer:

I've had loads of people watch this film and everyone has come back and said how much they loved it, as well as getting their friends and family to watch it too, it really is such a great film.

I believe is available on Netflix in various regions, though it's also available on Amazon Prime, DVD and loads of places all over the world, however look it up, it's brilliant and such a fantastic film.

-----------

A recent review if anyone wants to read:

Review: Brett A. Hart Pits Lance Henriksen Against Luke Goss In The Desert Bound Thriller BONE DRY

Director Brett A. Hart’s Bone Dry is an exceptionally tense desert-based chase film in the tradition of Duel, The Hitcher and Breakdown. This 2007 film is punchy directorial debut from Hart, a mystery/thriller which manages to deliver thrills and visuals in equal measure.

Luke Goss stars as Eddie, a businessman returning home from a trip, who for no apparent reason is chased and tormented by the mysterious Jimmy (Lance Henriksen). This low budget film is a great exercise in tension and it features several sequences which are better than many films with ten times the budget. Hart’s pic looks fantastic, with orange-hued digital photography highlighting its beautiful and barren desert wasteland. There’s a touch of Tony Scott going on here – and I love it.

Bone Dry is effectively a two-hander between Henriksen and Goss, and they both acquit themselves well by delivering great performances. Henriksen in particular is the stand-out, offering-up gritty gravitas as the mystery man with a grudge. Luke Goss manages to evoke a lot of audience sympathy and you’ll be rooting for him as he is hunted down and put through his paces by Henriksen. How many films can truly capture your attention with most of its running time featuring just two men on screen?

A well made and taut thriller, Brett A. Hart makes some great creative choices here. The highlight of Bone Dry must surely be when Goss is stripped naked and tied to a giant cactus tree beneath the baking midday sun. He must find a way to escape, and we watch as he torturously tries to climb to the top of his prickly prison. This is old-school exploitation cinema at its finest and you can tell that Hart and co-writer Jeff O’Brien have a passion and knowledge of classic genre movies. Everyone is working at the top of their game here and praise must go to John Darbonne and Kevin G. Ellis’ cinematography and Scott Glasgow’s score

An expertly crafted and well acted B-movie, Bone Dry ticks all the boxes in what you want in a film like this. Brett A. Hart’s thriller will surely become a cult favourite in years to come – and that’s something which it rightfully deserves.
    Source: http://www.moviesinfocus.com/review-...ller-bone-dry/

Let me know if you manage to give it a watch, it's awesome!

'"Uh, Hugh Jass! D'oh, somebody check the men's room for a Hugh Jass"

Blog Entries

Everyone on earth claims that Babe is the best talking Pig based movie of the 90’s but I believe Gordy is better in all faucets he’s cooler,he wears sunglasses,he’s a pig that made it big I could go on and on he’s an awesome piece of pork that I’d love to take out on the town for a night of hookers and blow.

I'll look it up, I didn't even know that existed (usually the case with these films), the only talking Pigs I knew of was Babe, Porky Pig and the pig Charlottes Web lol

Blog Entries

Run don’t walk to see Gordy it truly is the feel good flick of the last 25 years it’s based on a true story and it’s excellent all around dare I say it’s the greatest film of all-time or atleast the greatest live action movie starring a talking Pig.Here’s a list of my top 17 favorite live action animal movies.

1-Gordy
    2-Saving Shiloh
    3-Homeward Bound 2
    4-Dunston Checks In
    5-Hotel for Dogs
    6-Homeward Bound
    7-Babe:Pig in the City
    8-Air Bud Spikes Back
    9-MVP 2
    10-Air Bud World Pup
    11-MXP:Most Xtreme Primate
    12-Ed
    13-My Dog Skip
    14-MVP:Most Valuable Primate
    15-Air Bud Seventh Inning Fetch
    16-Babe
    17-Air Bud Golden Receiver

I'll look it up, as I say so many great films don't get the credit they deserve simply because people don't always hear about them, yet the straight to DVD films are often better than the big blockbuster movies.

Check out that Bone Dry by the way, it's awesome

Blog Entries

I don’t usually like be told what to do but because you ended with a smiley face I’ll allow it.

7. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Man

lol, being told would be "Go watch Bone Dry now and get off no Homers forum, chop chop, why you still reading this" lol, where as "Check out Bone Dry by the way" is a suggestion, in other words it's worth checking out as you'll probably like it and enjoy it

Hence the smiley face at the end

You never know, Erica by your side might like it, as might Tina, Jessica, Monica, Mary and Sandra, you can all watch it together if you like lol

Blog Entries

I need to wait till 2019 I need to finish the year having not watched a film or motion picture to cleanse my soul.In 2019 I plan on being rather debaucherous it will be grand.

Blog Entries

star wars

(lol!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Lou Bega Jr. View Post
    I need to wait till 2019 I need to finish the year having not watched a film or motion picture to cleanse my soul.In 2019 I plan on being rather debaucherous it will be grand.
    Yeah, you can do this, I have faith in you ha. Only a few weeks to go, keep it up ha

Banned

"House" - the 70s Japanese horror flick. It's more weird than scary, but is really well made.

Thread Information