Birthplace of the Flaming Moe Welcome to Moe's's Avatar

Thumbs Up What is your favourite Simpsons Easter Egg? (Hidden messages, jokes, features they put in the show)

I'm not talking about the chocolate one's you get at Easter but more so the one's you get in films, TV shows etc... you know inside jokes, hidden messages, images or secret features of a work that they put in and we find out later in regards to them.

For me, I think one of the most clever one's is the McBain movie how they put this together to actually make a little movie, someone has uploaded a video of the collection of clips together so you can see.

The other thing that I think is quite cool is in the intro where Maggie goes over the scanner, this price that shows on the till is apparently the average cost of raising a baby per month in the US, it's also pretty cool how they show Danny Elfman's name on the store front in the intro (the guy who composed the theme).

I also recall hearing about the design of Homer's ear being MG of Matt Groenings initials which is also pretty cool.

I'm sure there's more however what hidden Easter Eggs do you like within The Simpsons that you know of?

I look forward to hearing from you guys

'"Uh, Hugh Jass! D'oh, somebody check the men's room for a Hugh Jass"

Me fans are stupid pigs Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There’s a secret commentary in Lisa the Simpson that I’ve never been able to access because the required buttons to press to get to it aren’t on the PlayStation controller. But that’s one of those super hidden things that I’d love to listen to.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

Oh really, I use PS4 too so wouldn't have a clue in regards to how to access it, is it on all the DVD's too or just the region 1 release? (I'm guessing they're all the same but just encoded to different regions).

I didn't even have a clue about that so thank you.

Blog Entries

I would assume it’s on all the DVDs. Apparently you press 6 and enter on the DVD remote during the scene when Lisa is trying to figure out the puzzle in the cafeteria, and as we all know, controllers don’t have 6’s and enters.

Yeah, probably quite hard for most people now as I don't really know many who actually have a DVD player anymore, most people I know uses consoles mainly. My mum has a Blu Ray player and I guess some people still use DVD players built into TV's but it's probably few and far between now as opposed to consoles etc...

Professional Teleporter Mícheál's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Welcome to Moe's View Post
    I'm not talking about the chocolate one's you get at Easter but more so the one's you get in films, TV shows etc... you know inside jokes, hidden messages, images or secret features of a work that they put in and we find out later in regards to them.

For me, I think one of the most clever one's is the McBain movie how they put this together to actually make a little movie, someone has uploaded a video of the collection of clips together so you can see.

The other thing that I think is quite cool is in the intro where Maggie goes over the scanner, this price that shows on the till is apparently the average cost of raising a baby per month in the US, it's also pretty cool how they show Danny Elfman's name on the store front in the intro (the guy who composed the theme).

I also recall hearing about the design of Homer's ear being MG of Matt Groenings initials which is also pretty cool.

I'm sure there's more however what hidden Easter Eggs do you like within The Simpsons that you know of?

I always thought the McBain movie wasn't done on purpose, but the plot was so generic the various scenes fitted together anyway.
    "I may or may not die young. I haven't decided yet."

Aye, though if you do look the characters do seem to fit in after each scene too and follow up from that so I'm not sure, either way it's a cool little thing

The McBain movie is probably the most impressive. I still get the impression that some of them were originally meant to be different films in a series of McBain movies rather than snippets of the one movie that showed up here and there, but even so, the way it all comes together is fun. It definitely works as one film that we see snippets of throughout the earlier seasons.

If sneaking dirty jokes and profanity past the censors counts as an Easter egg here, I'm still rather impressed and amazed that they got "Springfield Heights Institute of Technology" and "Sneed's Feed & Seed (Formerly Chuck's)" into the show.
    A little less Generic than before.

Yeah, I'm completely unsure whether it was intentional or not or how much was or maybe it was a case of after a while they thoughts "Why don't we do this" simply because if you look at the parts, like where the other characters come in they continue on the next parts too so it must have been made to do that by that point but either way it's really good.

The dirty jokes etc... is also very clever when they do this with these shows, one of the best examples of this is Rocko's Modern Life, at the time you never had a clue they were even there or noticed them (at least I didn't) yet watching back on them now it's like "Wow" yet it's very clever the way they were able to do that.

Have a watch of this to give you an idea, it's one of those the more you watch it, the more things you pick up on too: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x18ak9s

I don't know how to embed Daily Motion video's here but give it a little watch anyway, it's really good and is one of the things these shows are very good at, it's clever.

It's difficult to say without sounding snobby, but it was often funnier and cleverer when shows would sneak in adult humour without overdoing it. That's not to say that I can't enjoy more in-your-face blue comedy, but there's a real art to a good double entendre and having dialogue that comes across as perfectly innocent enough for kids, but can be enjoyed by older viewers on a whole other level. Being wry about it can often be funnier than just coming out and saying it, since the latter is often about shock value, and shock value wears off.

Nah that doesn't sound snobby in any way, shape or form, I absolutely agree with this completely! That's the thing, it's so easy to do something for shock value as opposed to something like this the way you mentioned it. That's no knock on shows that do this but doing it the way The Simpsons or Rocko isn't easy to do but they do it and that's great! I mean, I like Family Guy and even bought the first 10 seasons of this but they don't have much substance without that whole shock value thing they do, which is great if you like that (of course) but just in regards to depth and talent it's much harder to do it in the way Simpsons/Rocko etc.. do. I give a lot of credit to South Park though as I do feel that even though they are shock value they do do it in very clever ways so I do admire their creativity too.

I really like the sign Sonic says save it for marriage and gives Amy a power ring in that 90's show.
    Pokemon Moon Friend Code 5473-2104-2310
    Looking for mythical! Got shiny machoke available.
    Have various starters, zorua, can breed many pokemon.
    Current egg move hatching: shinx with ice fangs

Which episode is that from?

Blog Entries

That ‘90s Show.

Quote Originally Posted by Welcome to Moe's View Post

On further inspection, these are loaders.
    Lisa is a nut, she has a rubber butt, every time she turns around it goes "put-put."

When thinking about it you can almost compare it to some Pixar movies. For example, when Buzz realises he's a toy, he sits at a table sulking with Marie Antoinette. How many kids know Marie Antoinette and why she has no head? They also make a lot of sex jokes that you just snicker too.

Now I wish I remember how to put an image, but the first one that came to mind is Today I Am a Clown. When Homer takes Santa's Little Helper on a night on the town before he gets fixed, the place he is suppose to go to is called "Nuts Landing." It's a brilliant joke that would make a boy dog cringe (or any man actually) if dogs really understood. There are other jokes that the writers have the animals do that actually make it look like the animals understand what is happening.

Another example is in the episode Pray Anything, when Santa's Little Helper comes out wearing the cassock and the chalice on his head and Homer say, "Awww, he thinks he's papal." If you look at the expression on his face it's like he knows what he is doing. Maybe its because I was raise Catholic, it made me chuckle more.

Junior Camper Treehouse of Spoopy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beggs View Post
    If sneaking dirty jokes and profanity past the censors counts as an Easter egg here, I'm still rather impressed and amazed that they got "Springfield Heights Institute of Technology" and "Sneed's Feed & Seed (Formerly Chuck's)" into the show.
    Shut the fuck up, Chuck. I brought your business out of the red and yet you still treat me like a fucking idiot. You're the one who opened a brothel in the middle of nowhere, for fucks' sake. That's one of the stupidest things I've ever seen a person do. Every day I begged for you to start selling feed and seeds but you wouldn't listen. You were just too proud of your little 'Fuck and Suck' money sink. Of course, after the tractor crash you couldn't use your legs anymore. You had no choice but to let ME run the Fuck and Suck. And yes, I know you're still angry about me changing the name. I know you're angry that it sells feed and seeds. But I don't care. Let me let you in on a little secret, Chuck: your tractor crash was no accident. That night, I swerved into your tractor on purpose. I wanted to kill you. I STILL want to kill you. Every day I sit outside this shop with you, it makes me want to kill you more. More than ever I regret braking at the last minute. If I hadn't, maybe you'd have broken more than your leg. Maybe I wouldn't have to sit here outside MY shop every day listening to your stupid insults.
    nohomers.net make Treehouse of Spoopy go crazy

Thread Information