Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anyone remember the Nickelodeon show Doug?

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Quote Originally Posted by CNN sucks! View Post
    Doug died because it was never a huge ratings success for Disney(or Nick for that matter) and the theatrical movie Disney put out bombed. Doug hasn't been heard from since.
    Doug was actually pretty successful on Disney in terms of how much money it made. But they made way too many changes for the sake of changes, and the feature film was originally meant to be a direct-to-video movie. Disney got greedy because they looked at how much money The Rugrats Movie made, not realizing that Rugrats was a far more popular show than Doug and was guaranteed to make millions at the box office.

Birthplace of the Flaming Moe Welcome to Moe's's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CNN sucks! View Post
    Doug died because it was never a huge ratings success for Disney(or Nick for that matter) and the theatrical movie Disney put out bombed. Doug hasn't been heard from since.
    I'm not sure how well it did on Disney for ratings at the time as a lot of people didn't take to the Disney version but it was huge on Nickelodeon, it was one of their biggest shows (at least in the UK anyway).

'"Uh, Hugh Jass! D'oh, somebody check the men's room for a Hugh Jass"

Blog Entries

it's really hard to think of Doug as being "huge". when it originally aired on Nick Ren and Stimpy took the lion's share of the attention. All three original Nicktoons garnered Nick really good ratings, but neither Doug nor Rugrats were that big the first few years(Rugrats of course exploded in popularity a few years later, after both Ren and Stimpy and Doug were out of production).

Also I just don't remember it being that big for Disney either. They hyped it up on ABC for it's premiere, but it quickly fell out of favor after people discovered the drastic changes to the show. The longer it went on the less people cared, climaxing with the utter bombing of the movie and resulting in Disney refusing to do anything else with the character in the last two decades.
    Fuck Donald Trump. #NotMyPresident

Birthplace of the Flaming Moe Welcome to Moe's's Avatar

Yeah, I don't remember Doug being that big for Disney either although I wouldn't fully know as I never really watched it on Disney (mainly due to hearing how much people disliked that version) however in the UK around the early - mid 90's time (probably around 94 or something) Nickelodeon was huge with the shows Doug, Ren and Stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life and Rugrats being the big animated shows at the time. Of course there was lots of non animated shows that were huge too such as Kenan and Kel, Clarissa Explains It All, Sabrina The Teenage Witch, Sister Sister etc.. but these were the leading shows around that time, Hey Arnold also became quite popular a little bit after.

Thread Information