Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Bless the Harts" discussion

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Bless the Harts season finale January 5, 2020.

Tying the Not: Jenny is commited to move her relationship with Wayne to the next level. Betty tries to call out Crystalynn after she claims to have found a strangler on a popular crime show.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

This sunday after football comes a brand new Bob’s Burgers and Bless the Harts (season finale)! This broadcast will air simultaneously across all time zones THIS WEEK ONLY!

Bob’s Burgers (Drumforgiven) - Teddy gets a job at Jimmy Pesto’s and must not tell Bob. Louise boycotts a music store after they ban Gene.

Bless the Harts (Tying the Not) - In the season finale (episodes 11-13 held over for season 2), At their matrimony, Jenny and Wayne get into an argument, threatening their relationship. Violet and Betty try to prove that Crystalynn (Betty’s archnemesis in Trash Twins, Pig Trouble, and Mega-lo-memories) is a liar when she discovers a strangler on a popular crime series.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Well the season 1 is now over. Thoughts comments concerns?

Pin Pal

I thought it was good season finale. They are fine just the way they are and it shows that you don't need to be marry to be happy. I love Bettys' subplot. I'm glad it is renewed.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sideshow ken View Post
    I thought it was good season finale. They are fine just the way they are and it shows that you don't need to be marry to be happy. I love Bettys' subplot. I'm glad it is renewed.
    I think you should have put that in the R&R for the episode (I created a thread for it no one replied yet). Anyways here’s Phil Payton’s thoughts. In the UK they call each season a series so when he says series finale, the show isn’t ending.

https://youtu.be/J0MRv49AICU

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Looks like Bless the Harts is getting a DVD as the first four episodes were recopyrighted for two reasons. Once this DVD releases, we will know who the distributor of this show is, and pretty much all other co Fox/20th productions.

1. To add FOX as copyright holder since the first four were copyrighted prior to the Disney buyout of 21st Century. The first five episodes only credit "Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation" as copyright holder.
    2. To recopyright the episodes for a DVD release.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

How do you rename threads? This should be changed to "Harts discussion" rather than the current title since it already got a S2 order.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

I'm literally the only one active here but I think the Hart family is getting a dog next season. One of their new episodes (not the holdovers from season 1) is called "Pound Pinchers" (parody of Pinscher, a type of dog). Production code 2BPJ03.

“The Last Supper" 1BPJ11

"The McEntire Truth" 1BPJ12

"My Best Frienda" 1BPJ13

"Violet's Secret" 2BPJ01

“Dead Mall” 2BPJ02

"Pound Pinchers" 2BPJ03

“Pumped” 2BPJ04

"Mega-lo-Memories:Part Deux" 2BPJ05
    Last edited by orangemo; 03-14-2020 at 12:08 AM.

Junior Camper

I finally watched this show, and while my first impressions are that it was pretty uninspired and laugh-less, it has grown on me. It was good enough for me to watch all 10 episodes, and it definitely improved with each episode. The show has genuinely likable characters and an overall sweetness to it (which ofc won't be for everybody), which almost makes up for the lack of great jokes and stock-sitcom plots. I do like the poor family struggling to get by aspect, even it has been done to death in FOX's other shows. The show shares a lot more in common with Bob's Burgers than Simpsons or Family Guy, which is a plus. Only Bob's is at least funny. Not a bad show like some people say. Don't understand why Jesus Christ is a character though. The longer the show goes on the more they'll struggle to shoehorn an appearance from him into every episode. Will watch season 2.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by J.J.Watts View Post
    I finally watched this show, and while my first impressions are that it was pretty uninspired and laugh-less, it has grown on me. It was good enough for me to watch all 10 episodes, and it definitely improved with each episode. The show has genuinely likable characters and an overall sweetness to it (which ofc won't be for everybody), which almost makes up for the lack of great jokes and stock-sitcom plots. I do like the poor family struggling to get by aspect, even it has been done to death in FOX's other shows. The show shares a lot more in common with Bob's Burgers than Simpsons or Family Guy, which is a plus. Only Bob's is at least funny. Not a bad show like some people say. Don't understand why Jesus Christ is a character though. The longer the show goes on the more they'll struggle to shoehorn an appearance from him into every episode. Will watch season 2.
    To be honest the Thanksgiving special “Mega-lo-Memories” is by far the best episode of the show.

I didn’t like how they handled Louise and Daniel it ruined the episode for “Slims Blvd”.

“Tying the Not” is a really good season finale, although there are 3 holdovers for next year.

Honestly except the first two, I have good things to say about every episode.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Startug View Post
    People still run wikis? I used to run the Bob's burgers wiki up until a few years ago when Wikia went full trash.
    Oh I realized you from Bob’s Burgers Wiki. I sent you a message on your wall asking if you could make DizzyDog a bureaucrat. They deserve it.

That was you? Oh yeah. They're already the head admin of everything, so I checked the boxes next to their name on everything in the list, although I think bureaucrat is rather redundant. It didn't show up after I made the changes, and I don't think Dizzy cared. Anyway, they're in charge now, I got busy in college, got sick of Wikia as a whole due to its abysmal format changes and reliance on ads destroying pages (even with Adblock it's still cancer, can't cure that), so I told Dizzy they did an outstanding job to where I saw no reason I needed to stay on it.

You're BoJack Horseman, no cure for that.

13. Thumbs Up To This Post by: orangemo

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

So yesterday Disney's Fox Networks Nordic (the international Fox channels are owned by Disney but not the American one due to FCC regulations) announced they picked up the show in Finland for a May 9, 2020 season 1 debut from 20th Television, with season 2 coming probably the year after. This will be the second international deal for this show after Canada's CityTV (which will resume airing Bless the Harts in the fall for season 2)..
    The Central, King of Harts, Burger-loving, American family guy.

CROSSING SWORDS SEASON 1 * PILOT 0/5 * EPISODE 2 0.5/5 * EPISODE 3 0/5 * EPISODE 4 0/5 * EPISODE 5 0/5 * EPISODE 6 0.5/5 * EPISODE 7 1/5

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Bless the Harts will be on the fall schedule, same as last fall, no changes, at 8:30.

Pin Pal

Yes!!! I'll be looking forward to it.

17. Thumbs Up To This Post by: orangemo

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Yes!!! I'll be looking forward to it.
    Me too, I don't get why people praise modern Family Guy, but diss these shows. This is way better than modern Family Guy.

I like it on the whole, but I still think the tone is a little inconsistent. Sometimes it goes for the ordinary family humor, like KOTH. But then you have some random references and jokes like Alf and the sugar free diet on Halloween or Duncan's fantasy with Wonder Woman. And there's a surprisingly high body count: the chili cookoff, the independent kids, and probably the Fridgy episode too when the mountain explodes. Duncan is still the least interesting in his family, I really like Kimberly and Jing.
    The parents still seem a bit old (they're like my parents age and I was 15 in the mid 2000s. I think they could still work if the Dad music references were to 90s rock/grunge like Nirvana and Everclear and Soundgarden or something.) I do not care for the teacher, he seems so dorky I couldn't see the kids even ironically liking him but it's supposed to be sincere adoration and the activist girlfriend is barely in the show but she seems too woke and perfect. Really would like to see her gain some character flaws if she's to be more prominent in season 2. I like Bex and Wolf. His VAs "eh, whatever" delivery somehow works for me. So it's not a bad show, maybe a B- and I'll definitely give it another shot come season 2.

20. Thumbs Up To This Post by: orangemo

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Quote Originally Posted by orangemo View Post
    Bless the Harts will be on the fall schedule, same as last fall, no changes, at 8:30.
    Speaking of which, repeats are returning to the schedule, Sundays at 8:30, starting May 31

22. Thumbs Up To This Post by: orangemo

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by That Don Guy View Post
    Speaking of which, repeats are returning to the schedule, Sundays at 8:30, starting May 31
    Correct "Jenny Unfiltered" will play on the 31st and "Cremains of the Day" will play on the 7th. I'm assuming they will run through the entire series again.

Quote Originally Posted by GlitterCat View Post
    I like it on the whole, but I still think the tone is a little inconsistent. Sometimes it goes for the ordinary family humor, like KOTH. But then you have some random references and jokes like Alf and the sugar free diet on Halloween or Duncan's fantasy with Wonder Woman. And there's a surprisingly high body count: the chili cookoff, the independent kids, and probably the Fridgy episode too when the mountain explodes. Duncan is still the least interesting in his family, I really like Kimberly and Jing.
    The parents still seem a bit old (they're like my parents age and I was 15 in the mid 2000s. I think they could still work if the Dad music references were to 90s rock/grunge like Nirvana and Everclear and Soundgarden or something.) I do not care for the teacher, he seems so dorky I couldn't see the kids even ironically liking him but it's supposed to be sincere adoration and the activist girlfriend is barely in the show but she seems too woke and perfect. Really would like to see her gain some character flaws if she's to be more prominent in season 2. I like Bex and Wolf. His VAs "eh, whatever" delivery somehow works for me. So it's not a bad show, maybe a B- and I'll definitely give it another shot come season 2.
    Btw you mixed up Duncanville with Bless the Harts?

Also I think Duncanville is good for what it is but they could be a lot better. Duncan and to a lesser extent Kimberly need more fleshing out to do. Jack is fine but I think if they could make him less obsessive about rock and stuff and make him like a real dad like Bob in Bob's Burgers it would be better too. Jing and Annie are great, I don't think they need any changes. Don't care for Duncan's friends much, but Wolf is okay. Mr. Mitch is a pretty bland character overall and they need to expand on him if they want him to be a good character. The character dynamics in Duncanville are alright I suppose. I do like how Jing interacts with everyone else but I don't like how they insert random character traits or personalities for one episode and then forget about them. Like in "Free Range Children", they suddenly become stupid and lack common sense that they had in previous episodes, causing for a more inconsistent tone throughout. I have faith in this show and will definitely watch season 2 because it's better than current Family Guy, but if the show continues to lack identity, then I will definitely lose interest. It tends to be Simpsons, Family Guy, and Bob's Burgers but has little to distinguish itself from the other shows, except from that maybe Jing is adopted. And how they fumble heart-to-heart in this show is just terrible, they should stop while they're ahead or take lessons from Bob's Burgers. Like in the "Witch Day" episode, they try to do a heart-to-heart with Annie apologizing to Duncan for putting a festival ahead of her son. That was already a cruel move and I don't think they needed to force emotion into that. I only like to talk about it because I have faith the show will get better, and I hope it does. The good things at least is that I think it can be funnier than Bless the Harts, but that doesn't necessarily make it a better show. So I think overall it's like a B- show.

while in Bless the Harts, the heart-to-heart is legit because of how the characters interact with one another. You see Wayne interacting with Violet in the flashback Thanksgiving episode "Mega-Lo-Memories", and because of their interactions, it all builds up to a sweet story that makes you care about the characters (it's mostly the same with King of the Hill, but sometimes it felt forced too so hoping Harts doesn't do that in season 2). And in "Tying the Not", although after the cold open for the first 5 or so minutes it's a bit messy, it gets better with the ending as the heart-to-heart moment with Jenny, Violet, and Wayne and status quo is definitely one that pays off for all of them. Overall I think Harts is like a low B+ show. It's not amazing or anything, and there are some problems I have with it, but I think it has potential to be equally as great at King of the Hill, if not better.

And normally in other shows when a non-biological figure is around, they'd push them off and not care. But here, VIolet and Wayne are friends, and she tries her best to bond with him because she knows her mom loves him. The character dynamics are great, and the stories are definitely well-written, even if the comedy is meh or boring at times, and they do things that make me like the episode less, like in the Christmas episode, how Daniel treats Louise is just shit, and even by the end, he still treats her like shit, in front of everyone at the party, and I don't think I would want to see anymore of that. Uncle Tommy is also a bad character and I don't like him. So Harts definitely borrows a lot from KOTH, but I like how it's not the exact same show either and don't understand why die-hard KOTH fans want the exact same show. KOTH was really good, but there were a lot of things I did not like about it either. That's why I think Bob's Burgers is much better. It took everything I liked about KOTH, and nothing I didn't like about it.

The Great North I know will be much better than Duncanville because it's literally from the same people as Bob's Burgers. And the panel they revealed a few weeks ago was pretty good. I'll be damned if Fox doesn't immediately renew it. I know it's not going to be like The Cleveland Show at all.

Housebroken definitely is the most original concept in a long time for Fox. It's about anthromorphic animals and thearpy. But it's also the most likely to fail because it's not about a family. I have a lot more faith in Housebroken than Duncanville because of the original concept. I just hope they don't pull like a Paradise PD thing where it's full of shock humor and doesn't have anything to distinguish itself from Adult Swim or the generic adult cartoon not about a family because I think it has potential to be really amazing.

It's also guaranteed renewal because the new Fox owns 100% of it, and they would want to get some syndication with Adult Swim in the future I'm sure, or to local television stations because free TV will never die. Cable definitely is dying, but it's only the smaller channels that will die off soon. The basic cable channels like Adult Swim, TBS, Comedy Central, FX, etc will all be around for many years to come, so syndication is as relevant as it was 10 years ago.
    Last edited by orangemo; 05-14-2020 at 09:00 PM.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Thank you @Dark Homer for renaming this thread.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

No one's active here but there will be a table read and a sneek peek of an upcoming season 2 episode Monday June 1 on the ANIMATION ON FOX YouTube channel.

https://www.tvinsider.com/936230/ble...-2-sneak-peek/

Pin Pal

Looks really good. I'm glad it's coming back.

27. Thumbs Up To This Post by: orangemo

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Looks really good. I'm glad it's coming back.
    Nothing came out yet but me too.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Looks like Bless the Harts is continuing into Spring 2021. There are officially 14 episode names confirmed. If you need a reminder here they are

The Last Supper (1BPJ11; copyrighted May 14, 2019)
    My Best Frenda (??; copyrighted June 6, 2019)
    The McEntire Truth (??; copyrighted June 6, 2019)

Violet’s Secret (2BPJ01; copyrighted January 23, 2020)
    Dead Mall (2BPJ02; Halloween episode; copyrighted January 23, 2020)
    Pound Pinchers (2BPJ03; copyrighted January 23, 2020)
    Pumped (2BPJ04; copyrighted January 23, 2020)
    Mega-lo-Memories: Part Deux (2BPJ05; Thanksgiving episode; copyrighted January 23, 2020)

Crappy Death Day (06; copyrighted April 27, 2020)
    Invasion of the Body Snatcher (07; copyrighted April 27, 2020)
    Back in the High Life (08; copyrighted April 27, 2020)
    The Dogchurian Candidate (09; copyrighted April 27, 2020)
    Trollin’ with the Homies (10; copyrighted April 27, 2020)
    Nose Bud (11; copyrighted April 27, 2020)

Once we get to 2BPJ20 at least we can guarantee the show was renewed quietly for season 3.
    Last edited by orangemo; 06-20-2020 at 11:06 PM.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Here's some news for people who liked "Mega-Lo-Memories".

https://twitter.com/abobrow/status/1...048378881?s=20

"The new Thanksgiving episode is my favorite. Even better than last Thanksgiving." - Andy Bobrow BTH showrunner (he's also best known for being showrunner or something of Community)

And it will be a 22 episode season so the show will continue into the spring.
    Last edited by orangemo; 06-23-2020 at 08:39 PM.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Well the show is coming to Latin America now, specifically Brazil first.

https://twitter.com/foxpremiumbr/sta...69974350336001

Thread Information