Thread: Turn a Scully-era episode into a classic episode

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Turn a Scully-era episode into a classic episode

NOTE TO ADMINS/MODERATORS: Please move to Noiseland Arcade. Accidentally posted in wrong subforum. This is a heresy to the great saint pphead.

Despite the decent plethora of 'turn a classic episode into a modern-era episode' threads lurking around this board a while back, one great question remains.

One question striving for its purpose of existence.

A solitary enquiry throbbing - *static suddenly cuts into the epic narration*

Boy, I hope somebody got fired for that blunder.

Basically, the objective is to narratively convert in the opposite direction - by taking the most absurd and outlandish of the Scully episodes (in turn the most absurd and outlandish era of OFF in general) and transforming them into classic episodes. Case in point:

When You Dish Upon a Star: When Homer's fury at Bart prank calling China is misinterpreted by his workmates as untethered acting ability, Mr. Burns (pressured by falling employment rates) hires Homer to star in a commercial to rope in new employees (believing that his 'average shmoe' persona will relate to the 'common filth'). However, Mr. Burns' brutal treatment of Homer on set prompts him into a slump at home. Noticing Homer's more irritable/depressed demeanour, Bart decides to prank call Burns in retaliation. Upon hearing Bart's call and admiring his gall for swiping a punch at him (think their chemistry from Burns' Heir), Burns decides to challenge Bart by kidnapping Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger to co-star in the commercial and roping in Ron Howard as a director (despite his utter disinterest in developing the project). Realizing that the celebrities are overshadowing what may be his only chance at making it big and finally earning his family's respect (comically ignoring his other pursuits such as mascot, astronaut, etc.), Homer decides to resign from the commercial, but his confession is accidentally erased owing to his own incompetence at working with a camera. The episode ends with the family on the couch watching the final commercial, a disastrous, poorly-directed mess where Homer receives an idiotic 5-second cameo and Baldwin and Basinger unconvincingly play the roles of nuclear technicians. Thus we end on this exchange:

HOMER: Well, what did you guys think?

MARGE: I'm very proud of you, Homer.

LISA: As am I, Dad. It's certainly great having a former thespian as a father, as pyrrhic a victory as it may have been.

HOMER: *innocently condescending* Aw, thanks honey. Your daddy's sure a man of many talents, isn't he?

BART: Dad, you had a five-second cameo, and, sorry to break this to you man, but it both sucked and blew.

HOMER: WHY YOU LITTLE...

BART: Don't have a cow ma- *Homer strangles Bart*

MARGE: *sighing* So then boys, what did we learn from all of this?

LISA: I hate to break this to you Mom, but somehow *stares at Bart and Homer fighting* I think that regardless of whatever we learn, the Simpsons aren't going anywhere in life.

*Maggie drops an intellectual magazine and innocently sucks on her pacifier before shifting her eyes a la Who Shot Mr. Burns?. Roll credits*

Anyone else prepared to attempt this challenge?
    Last edited by Captain Wacky; 09-22-2018 at 10:59 AM.

2. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam

I love boobies! Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Noiseland Arcade is for tournaments. This should probably be in Itchy & Scratchy Studios.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

Ah, I see.
    I assume I should simply repost the opening post text in the correct board then and allow this thread to be deleted?
    Last edited by Captain Wacky; 09-22-2018 at 11:24 PM.

Thread Information