Thread: The Worst Years For Television

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

The Worst Years For Television

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQmglugjuVY

2009-2012 were the worst pierod for television ever.

Blog Entries

so glad your whole perspective for this argument is fucking kids shows
    Fuck Donald Trump. #NotMyPresident

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

The cartoon community would agree that 2009 was a dry year for TV animation thanks to Cartoon Network's reliance on live-action. Nick and Disney only had their successful cartoon to keep them afloat (although Penguins of Madagascar was a hit). And they claim the 70s was a lackluster decade for animation. Most of their cartoons back then were either a Hanna-Barbera look alike or a celebrity cartoon.
    Simpsons: 4 > 6 = 7 > 5 > 3 > 8 > 2 > 14 > 15 > 13 = 10 > 9 > 16 > 20 > 1 > 24 = 21 > 26 > 22 = 25 > 23 > 19 = 27 > 18 = 28 > 12 > 11 > 17 = 29

Family Guy: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 5 = 6 > 15 > 16 > 10 > 14 > > 7 = 11 = 9 > 8 > 12 = 13

American Dad: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 6 > 5 > 8 > 9 > 7 = 11 > 10 > 13 (so far) > 12

The Cleveland Show: 2 > 1 > 4 > 3

Futurama: 5 > 4 = 1 > 2 = 3 > 7 > 6

Rick and Morty: 2 > 1 > 3

Cartoons have always been kind of crappy, we just liked the cartoons that we grew up with, because we grew with them. Though cartoons during early television were very rushed and cheaply made and very predictable, Scooby-Doo was only fun if you were under the age of about seven and then you started to notice it's flaws and re-using animation was very common, like the Flintstones, I really believe that this was created the cartoons = kids show view.

80's cartoons was just made so companies can sell toys, I believe this stopped with Duck Tales, but He-Man, Thundercats, Care Bears and Transformers was just there so 6 yr old you would be manipulated into begging your parents to buy that $40 toy. I do like some 80's cartoons though, but they are all about those toys at heart.

90's cartoons and 00's cartoons were a bit better, but most of them are very much a product of their time. Most of them felt immature, even then. Expect a few like Hey Arnold and Courage.

Today's cartoons are all about trying to push LGBT+ in kid's media and that's fine. I always found it annoying how Po from Ku Fu Panda could have "two Dads", but he couldn't have two Dads. But fuck Steven Universe, that show has more bad messages than it does good and the fandom is batshit insane. Today's shows are alright, but the immatury and manipulation has gone to the fandoms.

Also, Timon and Pumba are gay, fuck you, Disney.
    Last edited by Tilly; 05-12-2020 at 10:00 PM.
    Favorite by season
    1.Krusty Gets Busted 2. Bart Gets An F 3. Lisa's Pony 4. Duffless/Last Exit to Springfiled 5. Homer's Barbershop Quartet 6. And Maggie Makes Three 7. The Curse Of The Flying Hellfish 8.Hurricane Neddy 9 Das Bus 10. Wild Barts Can't Be Broken 11. Saddlesore Galactica 12. HOMR 13. Weekend at Burnsie's. 14. How I Spent My Strummer Vacation. 15. The President Wore Pearls.

Just chillin', dawg OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What the hell. Timon & Pumbaa is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

Thread Information