Thread: 2018 Emmys

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

2018 Emmys

Animated Program - Rick & Morty

Short Format Animated Program - Robot Chicken

Voiceover - Alex Borstein (Family Guy)

Congradulations to the winners! Rick and Morty rocks!

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Pickle Rick is now an Annie (that episode beat an episode of Samurai Jack season 5, which was otherwise sweeping the awards) and an Emmy episode. Now people who are still on that meme train will brag about its even bigger mainstream recognition.

Huh, what's interesting is that Robot Chicken's three winners for this category are Christmas episodes. Though that leads it the most awards it won under this category for this decade (I think Adventure Time won twice).

I may not be a fan of her characters or how she does her voice for Lois these days, but congrats to her nevertheless. Though, It's irconic since Lois rarely had screentime last season, but it's fitting that they chose the one episode where she had her biggest role (Nanny Goat, and I believe she also voiced Natalia the nanny).

Emmys sure seems biased for adult cartoons. The Annie on the other hand are more in favor for more kid-friendly animation with the occasional adult cartoons representation.
    Simpsons: 4 > 6 = 7 > 5 > 3 > 8 > 2 > 14 > 15 > 13 = 10 > 9 > 16 > 20 > 1 > 24 = 21 > 26 > 22 = 25 > 23 > 19 = 27 > 18 = 28 > 12 > 11 > 17 = 29

Family Guy: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 5 = 6 > 15 > 16 > 10 > 14 > > 7 = 11 = 9 > 8 > 12 = 13

American Dad: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 6 > 5 > 8 > 9 > 7 = 11 > 10 > 13 (so far) > 12

The Cleveland Show: 2 > 1 > 4 > 3

Futurama: 5 > 4 = 1 > 2 = 3 > 7 > 6

Rick and Morty: 2 > 1 > 3

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Homer View Post
    Here's hoping pickle rick becomes the first meme to win an emmy
    Hooray

Pickle Rick is just a mediocre episode of Rick & Morty. Choosing him as a nominee was totally unfair to The Rickshank Rickdemption and Ricktlantis Mixup. And choosing it as the best animated episode of the year seems controversial. I have never seen an episode of South Park or BoJack Horseman, but Put It Down and Time's Arrow had very good reviews. Oh, and I, particularly, prefer Gone Boy over the winner.
    Fan of the Outstanding Animated Show of 2019.

SEASON 31 - RATINGS
    The Winter of Our Monetized Content: 3/5 / Go Big or Go Homer: 3/5 / The Fat Blue Line 4/5
    Treehouse of Horror XXX: 5/5 / Gorillas on the Mast: 3/5 / Marge the Lumberjill 2/5

UPCOMING EPISODES
    Livin' La Pura Vida: ?/5 / Thanksgiving of Horror: ?/5 / Todd, Todd, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me: ?/5

Blog Entries

The Rickshank Rickdemption and Ricktlantis Mixup

what the hell kinda names are these
    Fuck Donald Trump. #NotMyPresident

Pickle Rick was lame. The other ones mentioned should have been nominated.

Thread Information