Thread: 30th anniversary magazine released 4th September.

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Birthplace of the Flaming Moe Welcome to Moe's's Avatar

Thumbs Up 30th anniversary magazine released 4th September.

Al Jean posted this on Twitter so thought you guys might like to see.

From what I can gather this is a US only release, however thought some of you guys might like to see this.

Is anyone going to grab a copy?
    Last edited by Welcome to Moe's; 08-30-2018 at 05:03 AM. Reason: Amended images.

'"Uh, Hugh Jass! D'oh, somebody check the men's room for a Hugh Jass"

Professional Teleporter Mícheál's Avatar
    Blog Entries

US only release? Damn.

It might show up over in the UK eventually though.
    "I may or may not die young. I haven't decided yet."

Blog Entries

Wow! This magazine is so cool, even though the show was made in 1989.

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

Looks pretty neat (just too bad that's it's an US exclusive; oh, and you might want to fix the link as the pic isn't showing up in the post, @Welcome to Moe's). It is strange that they are releasing it now when the anniversary isn't until next year.

I'll save the pics and re-edit the post, it's mad cause I can see them and the same has happened with Youtube video's too I've linked/embedded, people hgave said they can't see them but they're there for me so it confuses me lol

I've noticed the emoji's aren't showing up on the forum either, the smileys and things. I'll amend it now anyway as it seems some people can't see the images direct from the tweets.

Quote Originally Posted by Mícheál View Post
    US only release? Damn.

It might show up over in the UK eventually though.
    Maybe, Newsweek is a US paper I think, I'm not fully sure but I don't know if their publications will be released over here?

Cool cover. I found it on ebay with international shipping. It's kind of expensive though.

It's not out yet though, I'm guessing that was a pre order but yeah, they will over charge on there, specially while it's new.

(EXPLETIVE) Game of Thrones! D DEBBS's Avatar

Newsweek 30th Anniversary Simpsons Magazine

I was at Vons (a California grocery store) Saturday and my brother saw Newsweek magazine's special edition of the 30th anniversary of 'The Simpsons'...he bought it for me.

It includes photos of the premiere of The Simpsons Movie and 7-11 coverted into the Kwik-E-Mart, Simpsons guest voices, Treehouse of Horror, and voices of the characters done by the cast of the show.

Chatting Simpsons Since '93 Brad Lascelle's Avatar

Any original art provided for this issue or just rehashes of material we've seen before (which is what I expected)?
    SEASON 30 RANKINGS
    Bart's Not Dead - 2.5/5 / Heartbreak Hotel - 1.5/5 / My Way or the Highway to Heaven - 3/5
    THOH XXIX = Intrusion of the Pod-Y Switchers - 1.5/5 / Multiplisaty - 2.5/5 / Geriatric Park - 2/5
    Baby You Can't Drive My Car - 2/5 / From Russia Without Love - 3.5/5 / Werking Mom - 3/5
    Krusty the Clown - 4/5 / Daddicus Finch - 5/5 / 'Tis the 30th Season - 2/5 / Mad About the Toy - 1.5/5
    The Girl on the Bus - 2/5 / I'm Dancing as Fat as I Can - 4.5/5 / The Clown Stays in the Picture - 1.5/5
    101 Mitigations - 3/5 / I Want You (She's So Heavy) - 1/5 / E My Sports - 3.5/5
    Bart vs. Itchy & Scratchy - 4.5/5 / Girl's in the Band - 4/5 / I'm Just a Girl Who Can't Say D'oh - 1/5
    D'oh Canada - 2.5/5 / Woo-hoo Dunnit? - 3.5/5 / Crystal Blue-Haired Persuasion - 1.5/5

“Pretension” by Calvin Klein ataeaf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

@Brad Lascelle: Can’t say for certain since I don’t have it. I know the cover art is from a surprisingly tricky-to-find promotional image they did for the 600th episode.

ah (as in apple)-tuh-eef

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

There's also this thread

https://www.nohomers.net/showthread....-4th-September

Anyway, it's strange that they released this so soon (as the anniversary isn't until next year) and that's it's an US exclusive (this definitely should've been an wide release around the world).

Blog Entries

Merged the two threads

Al Jean tweeted an amazon link https://www.amazon.com/Newsweek-Simp...rds=B07GW2MZRP

Thought about it but not sure if it's worth $10.99

Blog Entries

I found it at Lowe’s and bought it. Haven’t read it yet, but through a skim, it seems like it’s just highlights throughout the show’s history for the most part.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

“Pretension” by Calvin Klein ataeaf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Is there any new art?

Blog Entries

I’m not sure. Most of the art is just drawings of episode scenes, but there could be some original stuff.

Junior Camper

I wasn’t planning on going out of my way to get this, but I found it a couple weeks ago at Walmart as I was about to check out, so I was like “Eh why not”, I still haven’t actually opened up the pages except a two second glimpse, when I was buying it.

I managed to get one sent over from he US, it's really good and has a good insight and articles (my thread about season 8 in the other section in regards to why it's the best season was taken from an article in this magazine), it's good to get as it's also going to be a collectible thing too due to only being available for a limited time, once the show is done with it'll be a collectible part of the history so is worth getting for anyone really.

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Quote Originally Posted by CousinMerl View Post
    Looks pretty neat (just too bad that's it's an US exclusive; oh, and you might want to fix the link as the pic isn't showing up in the post, @Welcome to Moe's). It is strange that they are releasing it now when the anniversary isn't until next year.
    Looks like Amazon.com is selling it, although at a slightly inflated price (US$15 - and it appears that there is already a bootleg version being sold as well).

As for releasing it now, it's "celebrating" the 30th year, not the 30th anniversary. That seems to be the trend now with celebrations, at least in the USA - example: "Super Bowl 50" was a big thing, but nobody mentioned "the 50th Anniversary of the Super Bowl." Sometimes, they even call the 25th (for example) occurrence of a particular annual event the "25th Anniversary."

Thread Information