Thread: board downtime/https switchover

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

apparso come un fantasma Roarke's Avatar

board downtime/https switchover

insomniacs and early risers likely noticed downtime last night -- the database ran away with itself so I took it as a good time to (finally) install a SSL certificate on the board. it's working now: you can navigate to https://www.nohomers.net and use it from there, and most links generated by the board will direct you that way

however, in order to (nicely) force all traffic through SSL (including search traffic, which accounts for the vast majority of our traffic) I'll need to take the board down again -- late tonight (2018/07/05, ~2AM ET, 6AM UTC). I expect it to take about one hour, but could go longer than that.

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

I lied, I was able to do this with only ~2 minutes of downtime just now. Going to keep this thread alive if anyone runs into any weird redirect issues, but we should be good to go.

Αdministrator Shadow The Hedgehog's Avatar
    Blog Entries

couple things seem to be not working still like being able to edit basic info on profiles, or any of the options above the reply boxes. some things like general stats and the useless chatbox being down were fixed though i guess

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow The Hedgehog View Post
    couple things seem to be not working still like being able to edit basic info on profiles, or any of the options above the reply boxes. some things like general stats and the useless chatbox being down were fixed though i guess
    all of these are working now post-downtime (they were for sure broken before I swapped over what was serving the certs)-- can you hard refresh and verify they're still broken for you?

edit: and if they are in fact still broken, take a full-browser screenshot of them not working? it may vary depending on what theme you use or some other variable i'm not thinking of

there was a wonky login issue after the downtime that should now be fixed.

Blog Entries

RIP using the NHC to force login redirects on public wifi networks lol

Can do a somersault Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The formatting options are above the reply screen on Default but no other themes.

Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

Quote Originally Posted by Financial Panther View Post
    The formatting options are above the reply screen on Default but no other themes.
    This would be what I expect: I haven't hit the other themes yet, should get through them tonight (edit: these should all be fixed, let me know if a specific one isn't)

we have too many themes @eric, let's just get rid of them.

9. Thumbs Up To This Post by: eric

Note: we will still have a little downtime tonight so I can take some backups of everything so I don't have to do this again if things go awry.

Blog Entries

i would abandon all the color themes, the other ones except sleek. color ones based on default most do not seem to use but sleek has its fans, me included

happy colored marbles k e l l y's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Black and White goes, I riot

Blog Entries

should just include some sort of light dark on off switch for the default anyways so i guess i can see that one. but evergreen's definitely got to go

backup downtime is now done. will leave this thread up for the rest of the week if anyone has any other bugs that came from the changes.

entitled to one good scare Gawker's Avatar

Yeah the board really needed a break from all the stimulating, lively discussion going on.

can you taste the salt

Blog Entries

@Roarke For certain posts clicking on "edit post" or "go advanced" or "preview post" will remove the entire text of the post from the input field

I've noticed that too, Dark Homer.

Blog Entries

posting on the wall makes you confirm an insecure content text box. something that does not even pop up on my mobile browser

Thread Information