Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 30 Information Thread

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

and they just announced that Are You There God? It's Me Margaret would get a movie adaptation
    Simpsons Comics 1993-2018

https://youtu.be/t38-ENJtcPM

A little clip from THOH XXIX Geriatric park.

Chatting Simpsons Since '93 Brad Lascelle's Avatar

Update of the previously-released clip from this weekend's Intrusion of the Pod-Y Switchers THOH segment with more dynamic musical scoring (and less Comic Book Guy snide)...

I've gotta say I enjoyed the more ominous, foreboding music of the original clip quite a bit more. This was how this sequence originally sounded...

SEASON 31 RANKINGS
    The Winter of Our Monetized Content - 2/5 / Go Big or Go Homer - 2.5/5 / The Fat Blue Line - 3.5/5
    THOH XXX = Danger Things - 2.5/5 / Heaven Swipes Right - 1.5/5 / When Hairy Met Slimy - 2/5
    Gorillas on the Mast - 4/5 / Marge the Lumberjill - 2.5/5 / Livin' la Pura Vida - 5/5
    THANKSGIVING OF HORROR = ?????? - ?/5 / ?????? - ?/5 / ?????? - ?/5

Blog Entries

(via Wikisimpsons)

Not revealing the title. That's suspicious...
    Last edited by Brad Lascelle; 10-22-2018 at 03:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad As Hell View Post
    Not revealing the title. That's suspicious...
    I also find it strange, but why suspicious?

Still no official renewal announcement, right? As far as I know, we're fast approaching the longest it's ever taken for hard news to drop about the future of the show. The last renewal announcement (for seasons 29 and 30) happened on November 4, 2016, five episodes into season 28.

The average viewership for this season is currently the lowest yet at just 3.32 million. That's compared to 5 million average viewers four episodes into season 28 when the show was last renewed. In addition, Treehouse of Horror XXIX is well and truly the least watched Halloween special yet. The numbers continue to fall and I have to wonder if they've been waiting to evaluate the ratings before making a decision.
    Last edited by bboynexus; 10-23-2018 at 09:31 PM.

Al Jean has said that, despite the low ratings, the show is still the most watched script show at fox on sundays, so I don't believe it will be canceled because of the ratings. There is even a joke about that in Kamp Krustier

FutonCritic synopsis for Werking Mom (airing on November 18th)...

- "THE SIMPSONS" - (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT) CC-AD-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

MARGE MOONLIGHTS AS A DRAG QUEEN ON AN ALL-NEW "THE SIMPSONS" SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 18, ON FOX

RuPaul and Scott Thompson Make Guest-Voice Appearances

Marge wants a job, and stumbles into becoming a plastic food storage container-selling drag queen. Meanwhile, Lisa tries to make the world better in the style of "Amelie" in the all-new "Werking Mom" episode of THE SIMPSONS airing Sunday, Nov. 18 (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (SI-2921) (TV-14 D, L)

Voice Cast: Dan Castellaneta as Homer Simpson; Julie Kavner as Marge Simpson; Nancy Cartwright as Bart Simpson and Nelson; Yeardley Smith as Lisa Simpson; Hank Azaria as Moe; Harry Shearer as Skinner; Tress MacNeille as Dolph; Pamela Hayden as Milhouse; Harry Shearer as Flanders; Harry Shearer as Mr. Burns; Harry Shearer as Smithers; Harry Shearer as Lenny; Harry Shearer as Dr. Hibbert; Harry Shearer as Reverend Lovejoy; Harry Shearer as Kent Brockman; Harry Shearer as Otto; Harry Shearer as Jasper; Harry Shearer as Rainier Wolfcastle

Guest Voice Cast: RuPaul as Queen Chante, Scott Thompson as Grady
    Carolyn Omine and Robin Sayers collaborated on the script for this ep. If the director rotation holds, Michael Polcino will be directing.

God, that sounds awful.

Quiet guy who eats everyone Jerry P.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bboynexus View Post
    Still no official renewal announcement, right? As far as I know, we're fast approaching the longest it's ever taken for hard news to drop about the future of the show. The last renewal announcement (for seasons 29 and 30) happened on November 4, 2016, five episodes into season 28.

The average viewership for this season is currently the lowest yet at just 3.32 million. That's compared to 5 million average viewers four episodes into season 28 when the show was last renewed. In addition, Treehouse of Horror XXIX is well and truly the least watched Halloween special yet. The numbers continue to fall and I have to wonder if they've been waiting to evaluate the ratings before making a decision.
    The cast needs to be renegotiated for season 31. The last time there were cast negotiations, for season 27, the renewal didn't happen until May (and Harry Shearer memorably held out for longer).

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...seasons-793213

I think you're mistaken. I'm pretty sure the show had been renewed for season 27 on October 28, 2014, and the cast negotiations were a separate issue (Al Jean tweeted that Shearer had 'left' on May 14, 2015).
    Last edited by bboynexus; 10-24-2018 at 03:04 PM.

They started working on writing new episodes before the official renewal, but I'm pretty sure there was no renewal before May. Where did you get the date 10/28/14? Do you have an article from then?

I doubt they'll handle a drag queen friendship as well as king of the hill, but maybe I will be surprised. I wonder when we will hear of the renewal.
    Pokemon Moon Friend Code 5473-2104-2310
    Looking for shiny, legendary, and mythical. Got shiny Sandshrew (Alola)
    Have various starters, zorua, can breed many pokemon.
    Current egg move hatching: Tyrunt with fire fang

15. Thumbs Up To This Post by: wiley207

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry P. View Post
    They started working on writing new episodes before the official renewal, but I'm pretty sure there was no renewal before May. Where did you get the date 10/28/14? Do you have an article from then?
    Yes, you're right, there's been some minor confusion on my part. Al Jean tweeted on October 28, 2014, that the season 27 (VAB) production run had started, which I think more or less qualifies as an official renewal. I can't see why they'd start producing new episodes unless FOX gave them the thumbs up. The more official announcement in May was also to confirm season 28.

But as far as I know, Jean hasn't said anything about a ZAB production run yet. He said a couple of months ago that they were only confirmed for 669 episodes - that is, until the end of the YAB production run.

I suppose my point is that we're awfully close to the longest point in time that we've heard anything - from FOX or Al Jean himself - about the future of the show.
    Last edited by bboynexus; 10-24-2018 at 04:07 PM.

Do you have the Al Jean tweet about VABF? Normally writing for the production cycle starts in January with the writers' retreat.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry P. View Post
    Do you have the Al Jean tweet about VABF? Normally writing for the production cycle starts in January with the writers' retreat.
    https://twitter.com/aljean/status/527166824157159424

https://twitter.com/aljean/status/527139156636348416

Again, in fairness, it's a bit open-ended and arguable, but I think it passes the test.

Blog Entries

Raja also guest starring in Werking Mom but curiously omitted from the FutonCritic synopsis https://www.out.com/popnography/2018...ppear-simpsons (via Wikisimpsons)

the plot thickens
    Soon Season 31

Guess we'll know for sure very soon, then.

Quote Originally Posted by MDB View Post

the plot thickens
    I'm assuming this will just be for one of the remaining 4 episodes of the YABF production run.

Presumably YABF19 unless there was a Selman ep read from October 5th until today he didn't happen to mention. Seeing how YABF18 was specifically cited as Table Read 665 it's possible that the mysterious Vebber script with the undisclosed title (YABF17) was read during that window.

24. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Dark Homer

Have Brain, Will Travel Wile E. the Brain's Avatar

Al Jean also talked about schedule of next episodes in some tweets. So apparently :
    - Krusty the Clown : November 25
    - 'Tis the 30th Season : December 9

And therefore Daddicus Finch between them, December 2.

FYI, if the director rotation from the last two production cycles holds for YABF, Rob Oliver will be directing the following...

- 'Tis the 30th Season {YABF02} / Jeff Westbrook - Story / Joel H. Cohen & John Frink - Teleplay (airing December 9th)
    - E-My Sports {YABF09} / Rob LaZebnik
    - ?????????? (aka 'Episode w/ Title Suspiciously Kept Secret') {YABF17} / Dan Vebber

Quote Originally Posted by bboynexus View Post
    https://twitter.com/aljean/status/527166824157159424

https://twitter.com/aljean/status/527139156636348416

Again, in fairness, it's a bit open-ended and arguable, but I think it passes the test.
    I take these as referring to TABF holdovers, especially with the carefully-worded “Will not end May 2015,” meaning at that point it might have ended in fall 2015.

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Quote Originally Posted by Wile E. the Brain View Post
    Al Jean also talked about schedule of next episodes in some tweets. So apparently :
    - Krusty the Clown : November 25
    - 'Tis the 30th Season : December 9

And therefore Daddicus Finch between them, December 2.
    He tweeted about that, too, back in post #128 (on page 5 of this thread)

Also note that the show is pre-empted on 12/16 for the Miss Universe Pageant

I'm making the relatively safe assumption that we won't be seeing any additional episodes scheduled until the customary post-NFL playoff lead-in January dates on the schedule - the Wild Card weekend episode on January 6th and the quarterfinal weekend episode on January 13th.

After 'Tis the 30th Season airs on the 9th, we'll be down to 20 episodes remaining to air that have been committed to barring a further extension to produce more.

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Quote Originally Posted by Rad As Hell View Post
    I'm making the relatively safe assumption that we won't be seeing any additional episodes scheduled until the customary post-NFL playoff lead-in January dates on the schedule - the Wild Card weekend episode on January 6th and the quarterfinal weekend episode on January 13th.
    And after that, expect:
    1/20 - it's CBS's turn to show the prime-time NFL conference championship game on 1/20, but the last time CBS did, a Simpsons repeat aired against it
    1/27 - pre-empted for a live version of Rent
    2/3 - repeat, against the Super Bowl
    2/10, 2/17 - new episodes (you have to go back to 2009 to find a February when the Winter Olympics were not on and new episodes did not air on both of the two Sundays following the Super Bowl)
    2/24 - repeat, against the Oscars

"D'oh Canada" (YABF14) is possibly a Donald Trump-centric episode.

32. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Dark Homer

I guess

Thread Information