Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 30 Information Thread

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Quote Originally Posted by Fordham View Post
    Yes that’s the schedule.By the way, Fox is airing Simpsons repeats at 7 and Bob's Burgers repeats at 7:30
    But not THOH XXVIII. Then again, Fox has been on-and-off with airing past seasons' THOHs along with the new ones.

Here's where the THOH episodes since season 21 have been repeated near Halloween, in relation to that season's new episode:
    XX - 7:30
    XXI - not (one repeat just before Christmas; another in June)
    XXII - 7:00
    XXIII - 7:30
    XXIV - two weeks later (first Sunday in November)
    XXV - 7:30, one week earlier (with "Halloween of Horror")
    XXVI - one week later, at 8:00
    XXVII - three weeks later (first Sunday in November)

Chatting Simpsons Since '93 Brad Lascelle's Avatar

Man... I can't wait for Heartbreak Hotel to air.

For a refresher of a good version of this joke...

SEASON 31 RANKINGS
    The Winter of Our Monetized Content - 2/5 / Go Big or Go Homer - 2.5/5 / The Fat Blue Line - 3.5/5
    THOH XXX = Danger Things - ?/5 / Heaven Swipes Right - ?/5 / When Hairy Met Slimy - ?/5
    Gorillas on the Mast - ?/5 / Marge the Lumberjill - ?/5 / Livin' la Pura Vida - ?/5
    THANKSGIVING OF HORROR = ?????? - ?/5 / ?????? - ?/5 / ?????? - ?/5

Clupid bloropope Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That entire sequence was cringe city.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

Your Neighborhood Average Joe Purpleberries's Avatar

This sequence is reminding me that I could be watching a far superior episode rn. Congratulations, writers?

More promo pics ahead of this weekend's premiere... but for other episodes...

My Way or the Highway to Heaven (yes, it is indeed an anthology episode airing directly before another anthology episode)

Treehouse of Horror XXIX (I'll include the always awesome promotional poster art for those that missed it the first time)

I don't have much in the way of high hopes for this year's THOH given that it's a Cohen script again, but I do at least hope Yeardley's given the opportunity to completely lose her shit voicing Lisa as she goes nuts in the middle Multiplisaty story. Hopefully the other segments give us some nice art/animation direction.

That could be anyone's ass. SchemingMinor's Avatar
    In a black van across from your house. The one that says Flowers By Irene.

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/al-jea...f-the-simpsons

So now we know what the plot of 101 Mitigations will be about - Burns gets arrested and he has to prove to everyone he's not as much of a monster as he is.

7. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Dark Homer

“Pretension” by Calvin Klein ataeaf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The fact that Jean is giving the interview shoots down 101 Mitigations being the last Selman ep of XABF the first Selman episode of YABF.
    Last edited by ataeaf; 09-29-2018 at 05:34 PM.
    ah (as in apple)-tuh-eef

But 101 Mitigations is part of the YABF production run. My hope is that From Russia Without Love winds up as the Selman ep given what a pleasant surprise Paths of Glory turned out to be. I've been looking forward to the next script from Michael Ferris.

Blog Entries

My bad. What do you personally think will be the Selman ep?

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lisa having a mental meltdown is the only one of the 3 THoH shorts that sound interesting.
    Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

I tried watching a new episode the Simpsons, but I realized the show hit a new low, like a brand new, underground parking structure of sadness.

Awww, crap; football is running late. I'd better modify my DVR recording settings so I can catch the whole episode and not have to wait a week to watch it online or On Demand...

on the other hand, simpsons would get a nice looking lead in

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Quote Originally Posted by ComicBookGal View Post
    on the other hand, simpsons would get a nice looking lead in
    Except that it was a CBS doubleheader day, so only the few cities in the Eastern and Central time zone airing a "late game" on Fox had this problem.

A quick look at the broadcast map on 506 Sports shows that a late game was shown in:
    Maine, and eastern New Hampshire
    Atlanta
    Miami
    Houston
    Indianapolis
    most of Ohio, and the areas surrounding it, including Buffalo
    Kansas City, northeast Kansas, and central Nebraska

Expect the same thing to happen on 10/14 in Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Cleveland, New York, Indianapolis, Buffalo, and Houston
    and on 10/21 in Boston, Chicago, Buffalo, Indianapolis, Cincinnati, Kansas City, Houston, Jacksonville, New Orleans, and Baltimore

Deep Frier of Shirts BlueRibbonCommittee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So they are going back to anthology episodes? Finally! There hasn't been one with Season 22 and I've enjoyed every one of them.

I don't know this upcoming episode feels like a rejected Simpson comic plot, I still can't believe it's going away in 16 days

17. Thumbs Up To This Post by: wiley207

Last edited by Brad Lascelle; 10-03-2018 at 07:10 PM.

Your Neighborhood Average Joe Purpleberries's Avatar

Seeing that there's going to be a travel episode about Canada judging from the title D'oh Canada, it's probably going to be a rehash of Havana Wild Weekend and Throw Grampa from the Dane in which the Simpsons take Grampa to Canada for the country's healthcare and the episode will probably be an ad for Canada. The fact that it's being written by Tim Long is a bad sign.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AAAAH-taeaf View Post

There are a lot of fun visual shots in The Three Faces of Eve that it would be nice to see Matthew Faughnan crib from if they're making this a full-fledged homage and not just having Lisa break into a bunch of different characters to torment her brother.

The success of that segment will hinge strongly on Faughnan incorporating subtle visual cues to signify "which personality" is presently at the wheel along with Yeardley Smith nuancing her delivery for Lisa as she segues back and forth between them.

On an unrelated note, Yeardley has an AMA on Reddit slated for tomorrow afternoon.

Last edited by Brad Lascelle; 10-05-2018 at 11:35 AM.

Blog Entries

That shot of Milhouse as a tent worries me. I’ve never seen The Three Faces of Eve but I hope that’s a disguise or something.

~ Treehouse Of Horror XXX
    ~ YABF19
    ~ written by J. Stewart Boo-urns
    ~ table read #665, episode #666

https://twitter.com/AlJean/status/1048012291101216768
    https://twitter.com/AlJean/status/1048037170152267776

~ Al didn't tweet about YABF17 last week, must be a Selman ep

By my count that means Mike Price, Matt Selman, Ryan Koh and Dan Vebber are the only full-time members of the writing team never to write for a THOH (either an entire episode or an individual segment), as Burns hadn't before now.
    Season 30 Ratings
    Bart's Not Dead C- Heartbreak Hotel ​D My Way or the Highway to Heaven ​D- Treehouse of Horror XXIX ​C- Baby You Can't Drive My Car ​B+ From Russia Without Love ​B- Werking Mom ​C Krusty the Clown ​B Daddicus Finch B+ 'Tis the 30th Season ​D+ Mad About the Toy ​C+ The Girl on the Bus ​C I'm Dancing as Fat as I Can ​C- The Clown Stays in the Picture ​C- 101 Mitigations C+ I Want You (She's So Heavy) ​C E My Sports ​B- Bart vs. Itchy & Scratchy ​C- Girl's in the Band ​B- I'm Just a Girl Who Can't Say D'oh ​B- D'oh Canada ​C- Woo-hoo Dunnit? ​B Crystal Blue-Haired Persuasion ​C+

Blog Entries

I want a Ryan Koh THOH just to tick off @Brad Lascelle.

One of my favorite writers of all time writing an episode as important as the Treehouse of Horror XXX-Episode 666? Really, I don't believe it. It's an excellent news.
    Fan of the Outstanding Animated Show of 2019.

SEASON 31 - RATINGS
    The Winter of Our Monetized Content: 3/5 / Go Big or Go Homer: 3/5 / The Fat Blue Line 4/5

Have Brain, Will Travel Wile E. the Brain's Avatar

Yeah it's a good news, sometimes I wondered why he hadn't wrote a Treehouse of Horror episode yet. Even if his work is a bit irregular recently, I'm curious. At least it will not be Joel H. Cohen this time.

Blog Entries

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/commen..._host/e78k667/

“There is a segment in the trilogy where Lisa falls victim to multiple personalities. That was pretty fun.” – Yeardley Smith, on her favorite THOH segment

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/commen..._host/e78m5dt/

Yours Truly: Because you brought up the Multiplisaty segment from the upcoming Treehouse of Horror (can't wait to see it!), how difficult was it to change-up your delivery for Lisa with her personality fragmented into extreme variants while still keeping them distinctly "Lisa"?

"It was really hard! It stretched my talents to the limit. Kidding not kidding" - Yeardley Smith
    Last edited by Brad Lascelle; 10-05-2018 at 01:44 PM.

FutonCritic synopsis for Baby You Can't Drive My Car (airing on November 4th)...

- "THE SIMPSONS" - (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT) CC-AD-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

HOMER GETS A JOB AT A NEW HIGH-TECH STARTUP COMPANY IN SPRINGFIELD ON AN ALL-NEW "THE SIMPSONS" SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 4, ON FOX

Tracy Morgan Makes a Guest Voice Appearance

A self-driving car company comes to Springfield, poaching all of the power plant employees with their fun work environment in the all-new "Baby You Can't Drive My Car" episode of THE SIMPSONS airing Sunday, Nov. 4 (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT). (SI-2918) (TV-PG L, S, V)

Voice Cast: Dan Castellaneta as Homer Simpson; Julie Kavner as Marge Simpson; Nancy Cartwright as Bart Simpson and Nelson; Yeardley Smith as Lisa Simpson; Hank Azaria as Moe; Harry Shearer as Skinner; Tress MacNeille as Dolph; Pamela Hayden as Milhouse; Harry Shearer as Flanders

Guest Voice Cast: Tracy Morgan as Tow Truck Driver
    Man, I can't wait until this current production run is over.

Blog Entries

I just noticed that Harry Shearer is credited twice on these descriptions, once for Skinner and once for Flanders.

Blog Entries

Thread Information