Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 30 Information Thread

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

10/7 information, again from a Fox press release via The Futon Critic:

MARGE AND HOMER BECOME CONTESTANTS ON A REALITY COMPETITION SHOW ON AN ALL-NEW "THE SIMPSONS" SUNDAY, OCTOBER 7, ON FOX

Marge and Homer's marriage is tested when they travel to a tropical island to compete for a million dollars on Marge's favorite reality competition show in the all-new "Heartbreak Hotel" episode of THE SIMPSONS airing Sunday, Oct. 7 (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (SI-2915) (TV-PG L, S, V)

Voice Cast: Dan Castellaneta as Homer Simpson; Julie Kavner as Marge Simpson; Nancy Cartwright as Bart Simpson and Nelson; Yeardley Smith as Lisa Simpson; Hank Azaria as Moe; Harry Shearer as Skinner; Tress MacNeille as Dolph; Pamela Hayden as Milhouse; Harry Shearer as Flanders
    Hmmm...no Special Guest Voices in this one

oh yeah didn't they already spoil that Homer and Marge would be the first ones kicked off?

Megan Amram second script.

Probably part of season 31 but could this be the simpsons' breaking bad parody I have wanted for years!?

“Pretension” by Calvin Klein ataeaf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

ah (as in apple)-tuh-eef

Have Brain, Will Travel Wile E. the Brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MDB View Post

Megan Amram second script.

Probably part of season 31 but could this be the simpsons' breaking bad parody I have wanted for years!?
    Yeah, I wonder if they'll announce season 31 soon, since I doubt all those scripts will be use in season 30.

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Quote Originally Posted by Wile E. the Brain View Post
    Yeah, I wonder if they'll announce season 31 soon, since I doubt all those scripts will be use in season 30.
    In the past, when Fox decided to cancel an animated series, they didn't come out and say that it was cancelled; they just stopped announcing that it was renewed, then aired the leftover episodes the following season. The only way I see Fox announcing that this is the show's last season is if there is some deal with another network to move the show there, and the holdover episodes are part of the deal - and I doubt this, considering that Fox touts FXX as having "Every Simpsons Ever," so if the show does leave Fox, it would end up on FX or FXX, in which case, why bother moving it in the first place, except maybe as an excuse to make it "edgier"?

Chatting Simpsons Since '93 Brad Lascelle's Avatar

By my count we have just 6 episodes that have been agreed to be produced via this production run left to have table reads.

I wonder if the titles of YABF21 and YABF22 will wind up conspicuous or not.
    SEASON 31 RANKINGS
    The Winter of Our Monetized Content - 2/5 / Go Big or Go Homer - 2.5/5 / The Fat Blue Line - 3.5/5
    THOH XXX = Danger Things - ?/5 / Heaven Swipes Right - ?/5 / When Hairy Met Slimy - ?/5
    Gorillas on the Mast - ?/5 / Marge the Lumberjill - ?/5 / Livin' la Pura Vida - ?/5
    THANKSGIVING OF HORROR = ?????? - ?/5 / ?????? - ?/5 / ?????? - ?/5

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Lascelle View Post
    By my count we have just 6 episodes that have been agreed to be produced via this production run left to have table reads.
    Well, there are usually 22 episodes in a production run, and they just announced the 16th one, so 22 minus 16...borrow from the 2...convert into ten 1s...yep, six left
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Lascelle View Post
    I wonder if the titles of YABF21 and YABF22 will wind up conspicuous or not.
    If you mean conspicuous in that they will be describing a "series finale" (like "Springfield Forever" or "It Was a Very Good Run"), then I doubt it very much, unless somebody wants to, as they say in wrestling, "swerve the smarks" by making it sound like it's going to be a finale.

Besides, I have a feeling Fox is still interested in a second movie at some point.

I also have a feeling that we'll know when Fox wants to cancel the show as there will be a one-year renewal for only 13 episodes, so there will be just enough for a final full season.

Hey, I have a doubt. Anyone know in what way and at what moment we find out what episodes is Matt Selman the showrunner?
    Fan of the Outstanding Animated Show of 2019.

SEASON 31 - RATINGS
    The Winter of Our Monetized Content: 3/5 / Go Big or Go Homer: 3/5 / The Fat Blue Line 4/5

Blog Entries

Usually Matt Selman will reblog stuff about the episode on Twitter. Also, there tend to be more previews than usual.

Also when he writes an episode it's almost certain that he showran it as well, for example "Heartbreak Hotel" (upcoming second episode of the season) was written by he and his wife.

Thanks for the data. I thought there was a more formal announcement and that the viewer did not have to deduce it. So far, we only know of the two episodes that he is the writer. I hope there are at least four, as in recent years.

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

October 14:
    Quote Originally Posted by The Futon Critic
    GOD AND ST. PETER DISCUSS WHO WILL MAKE IT INTO HEAVEN AND WHO WON'T ON AN ALL-NEW "THE SIMPSONS" SUNDAY, OCTOBER 14, ON FOX

Tracy Morgan Makes a Guest-Voice Appearance

God and St. Peter contemplate what merits a soul getting into heaven, while citizens of Springfield remember their divine encounters in the all-new "My Way or the Highway to Heaven" episode of THE SIMPSONS airing Sunday, Oct. 14 (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (SI-2917) (TV-PG D, L, S, V)

Voice Cast: Dan Castellaneta as Homer Simpson; Julie Kavner as Marge Simpson; Nancy Cartwright as Bart Simpson and Nelson; Yeardley Smith as Lisa Simpson; Hank Azaria as Moe; Harry Shearer as Skinner; Tress MacNeille as Dolph; Pamela Hayden as Milhouse; Harry Shearer as Flanders

Guest Voice Cast: Tracy Morgan as himself

SuperFriend Rembrandt Q. Einstein's Avatar

Guessing this is one of those anthology episodes?

Might as well dump some more Season 30 promo material...

Heartbreak Hotel (these seem intentionally designed to not give much of anything away about the episode's tropical island, reality show premise)

Last edited by Brad Lascelle; 09-22-2018 at 04:02 PM.

16. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrandt Q. Einstein View Post
    Sounds like it, although it could be more like "22 Short Films About Springfield" that has more, but shorter, stories.

Seems strange that they would air one of these a week before THOH, unless somebody decided to go back to the "glory days" of having THOHs after Halloween for some strange reason.

If there wasn't a Ryan Koh-credited Krusty-centric ep on the menu for Season 30, My Way or the Highway to Heaven would easily be my "most dreaded / least anticipated" upcoming episode given that unfocused premise with Dan & Deb (and friend with minimal experience) at the helm. Hopefully they can make it work but my expectations for pretty much the remainder of the XABF production run - outside of Heartbreak Hotel and whatever the last Selman ep winds up being - are quite low.

(Now watch Krusty the Clown wind up as the last Selman episode and surprise by being decent.)

Ken Jeong guest stars in "e My Sports"
    https://twitter.com/AlJean/status/1042488081113202688

20. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Dark Homer

One thing I've noticed is that both TV Guide and Entertainment Weekly are not enthused at all over the 30th season because the former only printed info on "Bart's not Dead" in their issue on returning favorites while the latter only printed info on "Bart's not Dead" and "Treehouse of Horror XXIX" in their fall preview issue.

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Quote Originally Posted by biffwestwood View Post
    One thing I've noticed is that both TV Guide and Entertainment Weekly are not enthused at all over the 30th season because the former only printed info on "Bart's not Dead" in their issue on returning favorites while the latter only printed info on "Bart's not Dead" and "Treehouse of Horror XXIX" in their fall preview issue.
    Other than listing the season's upcoming guest stars, isn't that what they usually do? It's not as if they give full-page spreads to Family Guy or Bob's Burgers, even though it's not much of a secret that the latter is considered one of the favorite shows by a considerable number of EW staffers. (There was also a EW magazine poll of the readers' favorite TV character (although the list was limited to one per show) that Tina won, although a lot of these turn out to be dominated by dedicated fan bases.)

IIRC, EW has let shows have it with both barrels in the past - one example of a "fall preview:" "Wings - nope."

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrandt Q. Einstein View Post
    I'd be very surprised if it was - the last one was in the season 21 production line.
    Season 30 Ratings
    Bart's Not Dead C- Heartbreak Hotel ​D My Way or the Highway to Heaven ​D- Treehouse of Horror XXIX ​C- Baby You Can't Drive My Car ​B+ From Russia Without Love ​B- Werking Mom ​C Krusty the Clown ​B Daddicus Finch B+ 'Tis the 30th Season ​D+ Mad About the Toy ​C+ The Girl on the Bus ​C I'm Dancing as Fat as I Can ​C- The Clown Stays in the Picture ​C- 101 Mitigations C+ I Want You (She's So Heavy) ​C E My Sports ​B- Bart vs. Itchy & Scratchy ​C- Girl's in the Band ​B- I'm Just a Girl Who Can't Say D'oh ​B- D'oh Canada ​C- Woo-hoo Dunnit? ​B Crystal Blue-Haired Persuasion ​C+

SuperFriend Rembrandt Q. Einstein's Avatar

What about that funeral one?

I'm very doubtfully about the plot of My Way or the Highway to Heaven. And since it's a Castellaneta/Lacusta episode, whose only good episode is Days of Wine and D'oh'ses... Yeah it's pretty much my least expected episode of the season, for the moment.

Talking about expectations, what are yours for season 30 ?

Junior Camper

Homer gets a new job, Bart gets a girlfriend, and Homer and Marge have a problem in their marriage.

Blog Entries

When was the last time we even had a “Bart gets a girlfriend” episode anyway? Those two Mary Spuckler episodes in Season 24? The writers seem to have switched to “Lisa gets a boyfriend” plots.

There was the subplot of Let's Go Fly a Coot, no ? Even if it was not really a girlfriend...

FutonCritic synopsis for Treehouse of Horror XXIX (airing on October 21st)...

It doesn't reveal much beyond what we already knew about it.

- "THE SIMPSONS" - (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT) CC-AD-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

IT'S A TRILOGY OF TERROR ON THE ALL-NEW "TREEHOUSE OF HORROR XXIX" EPISODE OF "THE SIMPSONS" SUNDAY, OCTOBER 21, ON FOX

Homer wins an oyster-eating contest against the mythical Cthulhu, Springfield is overrun by plant body-snatchers, Lisa finally snaps and Mr. Burns opens a retirement home with some Jurassic upgrades in the all-new Halloween-themed "Treehouse of Horror XXIX" episode of THE SIMPSONS airing Sunday, Oct. 21 (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (SI-2916) (TV-PG L, V)

Last edited by Brad Lascelle; 09-26-2018 at 02:38 PM.

Yes that’s the schedule.By the way, Fox is airing Simpsons repeats at 7 and Bob's Burgers repeats at 7:30

Oddly enough, they seem to be going out of their way not to re-air the controversial Apu episode.

No Good Read Goes Unpunished has yet to be aired as a repeat whereas episodes like Lisa Gets the Blues are heading towards Repeat #2 and every other episode that aired AFTER No Good Read has been (or is scheduled to be) repeated once. (Forgive and Regret being the one exception - not sure why they'd be holding back on a re-air of that one.)

"Dogtown" from Season 28 has also never been repeated, for some reason; the last episode before that to never get a Fox repeat was "The Simpsons Spin-off Showcase" in 1997!

All told, there are only 8 episodes that Fox only aired once: "Homer and Apu", "Another Simpsons Clip Show", "Grade School Confidential", "The Old Man and the Lisa", "The Simpsons Spin-off Showcase", "Dogtown", and currently "No Good Read" and "Forgive and Regret" (not counting "Flanders' Ladder", which hasn't been repeated yet but is on the schedule).

33. Thumbs Up To This Post by: MDB

Thread Information