Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 30 Information Thread

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

“Pretension” by Calvin Klein ataeaf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

ah (as in apple)-tuh-eef

wow we get an itchy and scratchy centered episode for the first time in 22 years

Quote Originally Posted by ataeaf View Post

I bet it's an episode about complaints that Itchy and Scratchy are overstaying its welcome and Bart possibly disagreeing with that and wanting to start a campaign to keep it in production.

sounds like a commentary

"Lisa Has a Crush on Homer"

I shouldn't take it literally, but still........what?

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Rumor Of The Day: The staff will announce at the Simpsons Panel at Comic-Con that Season 30 will be the last season.

Then again, even if it's true, King of the Hill's staff said that about Season 11, before Fox begged and pleaded them to return for two more seasons.

7. Thumbs Up To This Post by: wiley207

Chatting Simpsons Since '93 Brad Lascelle's Avatar

That's the direction I've been leaning for the past 1-2 years (they wanted to slay that Gunsmoke dragon, after all; what will motivate them now?)... although I suspect that will entail some holdover episodes airing through the end of 2019 and possibly one last ep in 2020.

Main thing I've been anxious about as far as Comic-Con goes is a Season 19 DVD announcement.
    SEASON 31 RANKINGS
    The Winter of Our Monetized Content - 2/5 / Go Big or Go Homer - 2.5/5 / The Fat Blue Line - 3.5/5
    THOH XXX = Danger Things - 2.5/5 / Heaven Swipes Right - 1.5/5 / When Hairy Met Slimy - 2/5
    Gorillas on the Mast - 4/5 / Marge the Lumberjill - 2.5/5 / Livin' la Pura Vida - 5/5
    THANKSGIVING OF HORROR = A-Gobble-ypto - 3/5 / The Fourth Thursday After Tomorrow - 5/5 / The Last Thanksgiving - 3.5/5
    Todd, Todd, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me? - ?/5 / Bobby, It's Cold Outside - 4/5

Blog Entries

I can only hope the rumor is true.
    You're a dolt with the IQ of a peabrain that probably loves lowbrow sitcoms like The Big Bang Theory, Frasier and Seinfeld to not grasp the biting satire and wit of the classic 65 (Rugrats).

Quote Originally Posted by That Don Guy View Post
    Rumor Of The Day: The staff will announce at the Simpsons Panel at Comic-Con that Season 30 will be the last season.

Then again, even if it's true, King of the Hill's staff said that about Season 11, before Fox begged and pleaded them to return for two more seasons.
    Where does that rumor come from?

Blog Entries

The grapevine

Incidentally, a 30-episode Season 30 that kicks off on September 30th (running from September 2018 through December 2019) to wrap things up has a certain sense of symmetry about it. Especially if the series finale airs on December 17th, 2019 - precisely 30 years after the premiere of Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire. That's a Tuesday but they could elect to make a special event out of that night to close out the show in a fitting fashion.
    Last edited by Brad Lascelle; 07-02-2018 at 10:38 PM.

13. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Beggs

I think that'd be pretty cool, a good way of ending it in a somewhat special way.
    A little less Generic than before.

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

I really like that we will apparently get another Itchy & Scratchy episode for the first time in way too long (also the title 'Lisa Has A Crush On Homer' for that one other episode is pretty funny and doesn't sound like the title of an actual episode, but apparently it is).

As for this season possibly being the final one, I think I've heard that rumor maybe a week ago but I couldn't find a source. Now it has shown up again so maybe it's true, in which case I'd be perfectly okay with that; it's a good time to start wrapping it up and it'll be a good number to end the show on (and if it will be an extended season it's fine by me and I'm hopingl for a well-made final episode).

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Quote Originally Posted by bboynexus View Post
    Where does that rumor come from?
    From ScreenRant

Anyway, the panel is Saturday 7/21 starting at Noon Pacific time.
    TVLine reports that it will include Matt, Al Jean, David Silverman, Mike Anderson, and Tress MacNeille.
    Last edited by That Don Guy; 07-03-2018 at 05:28 AM.

Blog Entries

Poster for the upcoming treehouse and synopsis

Homer wins an oyster-eating contest against the mythical Cthulhu. Springfield is overrun by plant body-snatchers, Lisa finally snaps, and Mr. Burns opens a retirement home with some Jurassic upgrades.

Source: IndieWire

Sub-mediocre artist Venomrabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Great another Lisa revenge-fic plot. I may have actually called that one. They really do need to let someone else do a thoh nowadays.

I hope all of those female headless corpses in the Lisa story portion of the THOH poster are due to Bart cutting off the heads of her Malibu Stacy dolls and not because she decided to decapitate Miss Hoover and the rest of the faculty for giving her a bad grade.

Hell, just have a story where Lisa swears (censored, of course) like in that one comic story. Yeardley would probably get a kick out of that.

(FYI, Small Town Dicks is an awesome podcast for a multitude of reasons. End plug.)

Incidentally, as this storyline is apparently an homage to The Three Faces of Eve, it will be at least somewhat fresh in that this "another Lisa revenge-fic plot" will actually be one in which she suffers from multiple personality disorder and is likely responsible for all of the actions that drive her to snap in the first place. Could actually wind up a lot of fun in much the same way the Lisa story in the Cohen THOH from two years ago wound up the best of a bad lot. I have abysmally low expectations for the rest of it, though.
    Last edited by Brad Lascelle; 07-12-2018 at 02:54 AM.

Your Neighborhood Average Joe Purpleberries's Avatar

Looks like I'm going to have pretty low expectations for the first half of season 30, besides Heartbreak Hotel and maybe the Al Jean episode. There's a bunch of bad signs including the Dan episode, another Cohen THOH, a Westbrook episode, and a Ryan Koh episode.

21. Thumbs Up To This Post by: fas1997

Have Brain, Will Travel Wile E. the Brain's Avatar

I guess the Cthulhu part will be the intro. I hope they'll don't make it too long.

Usually, I looking forward for the Treehouse of Horror episodes in the new seasons, and I'm curious to see the Body Snatchers parody, but those episodes are more and more unequal and the fact that Joel H. Cohen is again the writer this year, after the disappointing XVI and XVII, don't help.

That could be anyone's ass. SchemingMinor's Avatar
    In a black van across from your house. The one that says Flowers By Irene.

This THOH seems more horror root focused than the previous seasons which gives it already a good start; actually miss the absurdist takes they have on horror stories. I know Jurassic Park isn't horror per se but it seems to fit in this category.

Predicting that Burns has a dinosaur clone of himself and maybe Smithers.

Blog Entries

Best of a bad lot is awfully subjective. Frankly turning out anything like that godawful story is exactly why my bar's so low. Those seem to be malibu stacey dolls but she'll probably decapitate the faculty and will get away with that and more because "She has a split personality, it's not her fault!"

I mean at least have it be about Bart this time. He actually gets kicked around by life enough to snap.

I worry that the Jurassic Park thing is just going to be a movie spoof rather than actually having to do anything with Halloween, which is a road THOHs have strayed down far too often in recent years, but the other stories sound promising.
    Season 30 Ratings
    Bart's Not Dead C- Heartbreak Hotel ​D My Way or the Highway to Heaven ​D- Treehouse of Horror XXIX ​C- Baby You Can't Drive My Car ​B+ From Russia Without Love ​B- Werking Mom ​C Krusty the Clown ​B Daddicus Finch B+ 'Tis the 30th Season ​D+ Mad About the Toy ​C+ The Girl on the Bus ​C I'm Dancing as Fat as I Can ​C- The Clown Stays in the Picture ​C- 101 Mitigations C+ I Want You (She's So Heavy) ​C E My Sports ​B- Bart vs. Itchy & Scratchy ​C- Girl's in the Band ​B- I'm Just a Girl Who Can't Say D'oh ​B- D'oh Canada ​C- Woo-hoo Dunnit? ​B Crystal Blue-Haired Persuasion ​C+

26. Thumbs Up To This Post by: TenEight

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    I worry that the Jurassic Park thing is just going to be a movie spoof rather than actually having to do anything with Halloween, which is a road THOHs have strayed down far too often in recent years, but the other stories sound promising.
    It could be the (untitled) opening tag.

Always late to the party Whyyoubig's Avatar

I was originally not going to watch season 30 except the premiere and the THOH, but I changed my mind because this season is likely the final season, and there’s going to be some interesting stuff like another Itchy and Scratchy episode, and Nancy Cartwright writing an episode.
    Favorite/least favorite by season (not counting clip shows)
    Season 1: Life on the Fast Lane/Some Enchanted Evening Season 2: Bart the Daredevil/Old Money Season 3: Bart the Lover/Dog of Death Season 4: Last Exit to Springfield/Marge in Chains Season 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets an Elephant Season 6: Homer the Great/Fear of Flying Season 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza Season 8: You Only Move Twice/Simpsoncalifragilisticexpiala(D’oh)cious Season 9: The City of New York Vs Homer Simpson/Lisa the Skeptic Season 10: Lisa Gets an A/Homer Simpson in: Kidney Trouble Season 11: Behind the Laughter/It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Marge Season 12: Trilogy of Error/Homer Vs Dignity Season 13: I Am Furious (Yellow)/The Frying Game Season 14: Moe Baby Blues/Barting Over Season 15: Simple Simpson/Bart-Mangled Banner Season 16: Don’t Fear the Roofer/On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister Season 17: The Seemingly Never-Ending Story/Bonfire of the Manatees Season 18: 24 Minutes/The Boys of Bummer Season 19: Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind/That 90’s Show Season 20: Gone Maggie Gone/In the Name of the Grandfather Season 21: The Bob Next Door/The Greatest Story Ever D’ohed Season 22: Angry Dad: The Movie/Elementary School Musical Season 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Lisa Goes Gaga Season 24: I haven’t seen this season Season 25: Brick Like Me/Days of Future Future Season 26: Simpsorama/The Musk Who Fell to Earth Season 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man’s Dream Season 28: 22 For 30/Kamp Krustier Season 29: Gone Boy/The Old Blue Mayor She Ain’t What She Used to Be Season 30: TBD when 11 episodes have aired/TBD when 11 episodes have aired

Al Jean keeps saying it the show will go on, and as much as I'd want it to end now, I can't see them actually ending it considering it is still "profitable."

30. Thumbs Up To This Post by: fas1997

"Lisa finally snaps" is the smallest part of the promo card, which might indicate it's the opening sequence.

let me guess I'm dancing as fast as I can is another "lisa takes a dance class" episode?

Blog Entries

"Lisa finally snaps" is the smallest part of the promo card, which might indicate it's the opening sequence.
    Might be/hopefully?

Though it might be the cthulhu bit that's an opening. If not, they better stick zoidberg in there somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicBookGal View Post
    let me guess I'm dancing as fast as I can is another "lisa takes a dance class" episode?
    Perhaps it'll be another "Bart takes a dance class" episode instead. We've only had one of those.
    Bart and Lisa have both taken ballet. Maybe this time Bart dons the tap shoes.

Although it's more likely in this instance that this is a "Homer takes a dance class" episode as the actual title on the script copy Al tweeted out was "I'm Dancing as Fat as I Can".

“Pretension” by Calvin Klein ataeaf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pretty sure that that Cthulhu is the opener; then plants, Lisa snaps, and Jurassic Park.

Thread Information