Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Season 30 Information Thread

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Chatting Simpsons Since '93 Brad Lascelle's Avatar

For the record, this will be Selman's first flashback episode since Season 19's That '90s Show.
    SEASON 31 RANKINGS
    The Winter of Our Monetized Content - 2/5 / Go Big or Go Homer - 2.5/5 / The Fat Blue Line - 3.5/5
    THOH XXX = Danger Things - 2.5/5 / Heaven Swipes Right - 1.5/5 / When Hairy Met Slimy - 2/5
    Gorillas on the Mast - 4/5 / Marge the Lumberjill - 2.5/5 / Livin' la Pura Vida - 5/5
    THANKSGIVING OF HORROR = A-Gobble-ypto - 3/5 / The Fourth Thursday After Tomorrow - 5/5 / The Last Thanksgiving - 3.5/5
    Todd, Todd, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me? - ?/5 / Bobby, It's Cold Outside - ?/5

Sub-mediocre artist Venomrabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well that's a good sign. /s

I dunno, on the bright side, whoever picked the promos did a much better job than the last few. I'm at least wondering about a few things for this episode. Though at this point, I prefer it when flashbacks actually has a lot of side characters included or at least one or two having a big part like in Fland Canyon. I think we've explored Homer and Marge in flashback as much as it needs to be explored now... I'll give it some points if it doesn't end up being a relationship crisis though.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Lascelle View Post
    For the record, this will be Selman's first flashback episode since Season 19's That '90s Show.
    Sounds like "That 90's Show" will no longer be canon! But unfortunately, this also means "I Married Marge," "Lisa's First Word" and "Homer's Barbershop Quartet" are still no longer canon...

Here I come, world! Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

How are you deciding what’s canon, @wiley207?
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

It's completely absurd to discuss canon in a show set in the perpetual present with characters who never age.

It's still weird thinking about how Bart and Lisa were once older than me.
    Pokemon Moon Friend Code 5473-2104-2310
    Looking for shiny, legendary, and mythical. Got shiny Sandshrew (Alola)
    Have various starters, zorua, can breed many pokemon.
    Current egg move hatching: Tyrunt with fire fang

7. Thumbs Up To This Post by: wiley207

Blog Entries

They age, it's just thanks to the power plant nobody physically changes or ages because they're basically mutants. My step-uncle works at Nintendo and told me this.

You're not wrong. This is what Professor Frink has deemed the Scioscia Aging Theorem.

It's what leads to someone who looks like this...

Eventually looking like this 19 years after they leave the confines of Springfield...

For other examples, look at Mary Spuckler (who aged 2 years when she ran away from Springfield to work in NYC), Ling Bouvier (who clearly spent some time away from Selma back in China to grow older than Maggie) and Jay - formerly Jamshed - Nahasapeemapetilon (whom Sanjay sent away from Springfield so he could age normally with the rest of the world).

10. Thumbs Up To This Post by: TenEight

Blog Entries

What an intriguing theory. This should be tackled in the series finale.

@Financial Panther I wouldn't mind a finale episode where the Simpsons family are faced with the prospect of ridding Springfield of its ageless immortality bubble and "growing up" with Burns as their nemesis who doesn't wish to face the prospect of dying of old age... only for them to choose to remain in their perpetual stasis and live on as they always have.

As Yeardley Smith stated in an interview just two days ago, "Lisa Simpson is 8, and every time she has a birthday she turns 8. So the idea that somehow when the series is over Lisa will be a little bit older is folly, and I think she should stay 8 for all time."

If anything, there's a certain cathartic freedom in exploring flashbacks with a floating timeline and a series of future outcomes that are not written in stone... or perhaps have certain elements that remain static (i.e. Homer giving up alcohol) while all of the other introduced elements are constantly changing, shifting and evolving.

Blog Entries

every episode is set in a different universe.

now lets get back to the universe where this thread is to discuss season 30
    Quote Originally Posted by simpsonsbart View Post
    About milk, remember that this word has several meanings...

@Financial Panther I wouldn't mind a finale episode where the Simpsons family are faced with the prospect of ridding Springfield of its ageless immortality bubble and "growing up" with Burns as their nemesis who doesn't wish to face the prospect of dying of old age... only for them to choose to remain in their perpetual stasis and live on as they always have.

As Yeardley Smith stated in an interview just two days ago, "Lisa Simpson is 8, and every time she has a birthday she turns 8. So the idea that somehow when the series is over Lisa will be a little bit older is folly, and I think she should stay 8 for all time."

If anything, there's a certain cathartic freedom in exploring flashbacks with a floating timeline and a series of future outcomes that are not written in stone... or perhaps have certain elements that remain static (i.e. Homer giving up alcohol) while all of the other introduced elements are constantly changing, shifting and evolving.
    or maybe they find out that Burns created an anti aging ray that would keep him ageless....which somehow effects springfield but then they find some kind of after effect that if they shut it down everyone shuts down
    Simpsons Comics 1993-2018

Blog Entries

Time for another flashback episode. We've got promo pics for The Clown Stays in the Picture...

Ah good another episode of "Matt Selman invites his favorite podcasters"

We're out of time.

A brief video showing how the animators coreographed Homer's dancing routine was posted on Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Btn5trkH..._web_copy_link

It's the only time I've seen Matthew Nastuk in the flesh.

17. Thumbs Up To This Post by: musa

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    A brief video showing how the animators coreographed Homer's dancing routine was posted on Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Btn5trkH..._web_copy_link

It's the only time I've seen Matthew Nastuk in the flesh.
    So of course the Television Academy decides to change its rules to prohibit somebody who choreographed a routine from an animated show from being eligible for a Choreography Emmy - especially now that it wouldn't have to compete against the dance shows that usually win.

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Fox is taking its time announcing the episodes for March 3 - and I think I know why:

At pretty much the last second, Fox has pulled the second season of Cosmos from the Sunday schedule in light of the sexual harrassment accusations against Neil deGrasse Tyson.

Cosmos seems like a bad fit for their Sunday night lineup anyhow.

You know what show wasn't a bad fit for their Sunday night lineup? Brooklyn Nine-Nine. I wonder whatever happened to it.

if you activate the subtitles it says
    "and his name is susan" instead of simpsons...
    what??
    Soon Season 31

Blog Entries

Oh man, secret Simpsons ARG guys!

Joking aside, I guess it's neat we have more material out of the fact that Homer and Krusty look alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomrabbit View Post
    Oh man, secret Simpsons ARG guys!

Joking aside, I guess it's neat we have more material out of the fact that Homer and Krusty look alike.
    Employing Homer as a stunt double for laughs could make for a fun conceptual story idea. Looking forward to Selman's take on the idea.

Blog Entries

I'm personally looking forward to people on here losing their shit about how it's set in 2007.

Promo pics have been released for 101 Mitigations...

ABF07 in the production order has been the Mark Kirkland spot of late but I have to wonder if the reappearance of Lisa's pink lampshade dress from Haw-Haw Land portends to this being Bob Anderson's return to the rotation after getting slotted out for Lance Kramer back in December. Based on these shots, I still think this will wind up being Kirkland.

Yes, the planned schedule after March 3rd remains in flux due to Cosmos getting postponed. You can thank Neil DeGrasse Tyson for that.

26. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

HOMER TAKES THE KIDS ON A JOY RIDE IN COMIC BOOK GUY'S CAR ON AN ALL-NEW "THE SIMPSONS" SUNDAY, MARCH 3, ON FOX

Guillermo Del Toro Guest-Voices

After Homer steals Comic Book Guy's car, he must either prove his innocence in court or reconcile with the jilted nerd in the all-new "101 Mitigations" episode of THE SIMPSONS airing Sunday, March 3 (7:30-8:00 PM ET/PT). (SI-3007) (TV-PG L, V)

Voice Cast: Dan Castellaneta as Homer Simpson; Julie Kavner as Marge Simpson; Nancy Cartwright as Bart Simpson and Nelson; Yeardley Smith as Lisa Simpson; Hank Azaria as Moe; Harry Shearer as Skinner; Tress MacNeille as Dolph; Pamela Hayden as Milhouse; Harry Shearer as Flanders

Guest Voice Cast: Guillermo Del Toro as Himself

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2...20190215fox01/

HOMER AND MARGE RECOVER FROM INJURIES IN DIFFERENT WAYS ON AN ALL-NEW "THE SIMPSONS" SUNDAY, MARCH 10, ON FOX

Wallace Shawn Guest-Voices

When a romantic night ends in injury, Marge recovers by taking up kite boarding while Homer bonds with his hallucinated hernia. Lisa attempts to fix her parents' strained relationship by seeking advice from an unlikely source in the all-new "I Want You (She's So Heavy)" episode of THE SIMPSONS airing Sunday, March 10 (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (SI-3008) (TV-PG L, V)

Voice Cast: Dan Castellaneta as Homer Simpson; Julie Kavner as Marge Simpson; Nancy Cartwright as Bart Simpson and Nelson; Yeardley Smith as Lisa Simpson; Hank Azaria as Moe; Harry Shearer as Skinner; Tress MacNeille as Dolph; Pamela Hayden as Milhouse; Harry Shearer as Flanders

Guest Voice Cast: Wallace Shawn as Wallace

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/20190215fox33/
    Last edited by 6F01; 02-15-2019 at 11:10 AM. Reason: new info

Blog Entries

“Homer bonds with his hallucinated hernia” is one of the strangest sentences I’ve ever read. I’m curious, although that episode sounds horrible. The one with CBG might be interesting, though.

I Want You (She's So Heavy) is a Westbrook joint. So, of course, it should sound horrible. Here are his last 6 Jean-showrun efforts...

The Man Who Grew Too Much
    Let's Go Fly a Coot
    The Nightmare After Krustmas
    Caper Chase
    No Good Read Goes Unpunished
    'Tis the 30th Season (original story; Cohen & Frink tag-teamed the teleplay for this one)

That's not a track record that should instill confidence.
    Especially when it comes to NoHomers' most-hated of all episode premises... the Homer-Marge marriage crisis.

Your Neighborhood Average Joe Purpleberries's Avatar

Not much can be expected from Jeff Westbrook seeing that he somehow has an even worse track record than the favorite punching bag Tim Long.

31. Thumbs Up To This Post by: wiley207

We're out of time.

ABF07 in the production order has been the Mark Kirkland spot of late but I have to wonder if the reappearance of Lisa's pink lampshade dress from Haw-Haw Land portends to this being Bob Anderson's return to the rotation after getting slotted out for Lance Kramer back in December. Based on these shots, I still think this will wind up being Kirkland.

Yes, the planned schedule after March 3rd remains in flux due to Cosmos getting postponed. You can thank Neil DeGrasse Tyson for that.
    I don't know if YABF07 is Kirkland's effort or not, but YABF05 (tonight's show) will most likely be directed by Tim Bailey. It would fit with the pattern established in the last few seasons. This throws Bob Anderson's position off completely.

I see a number of possibilities: either Kramer is directing two entries this season (reducing Bob Anderson's output as a result); Or Kramer delivered an early effort this season to free up some time to direct an episode of Disenchantment (as he did for Futurama). Or maybe the likes of either David Silverman, Mike Anderson or Matthew Schofield are gearing up to direct an episode, throwing the schedule completely for all directors.

Yeah, I'm expecting the rotation to hold serve with Bailey here as well.
    Not only because it's an ABF05 but because those were also Selman episodes the past two seasons.

It's already confirmed that Timothy Bailey will be the director for YABF05
    https://mobile.twitter.com/monkeyes/...24523982643200
    Fan of the Outstanding Animated Show of 2019.

SEASON 31 - RATINGS
    The Winter of Our Monetized Content: 3/5 / Go Big or Go Homer: 3/5 / The Fat Blue Line 4/5
    Treehouse of Horror XXX: 4/5 / Gorillas on the Mast: 3/5 / Marge the Lumberjill: 2/5
    Livin' La Pura Vida: 5/5 / Thanksgiving of Horror: 5/5 / Todd, Todd, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me: 2/5
    Bobby, It's Cold Outside: TBA / Hail of the Teeth: TBA

Bart's Not Dead, written by Stephanie Gillis, won the animated WGA.
    https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1...472764417?s=19

Thread Information