Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Results 391 to 420 of 655



Thread: Season 30 Information Thread



(Users Browsing this Thread: )

  1. #391
    pineapple shoes Dark Homer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    geohell
    Posts
    20,070
    Blog Entries
    13


    Guest Voice Cast: Bryan Bott as photographer/Carl
    Going to assume the fox promo department misspelled Bryan Batt

  2. #392
    We're out of time.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,222


    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Solstice ataeaf View Post
    I would say Bob Anderson should be the director according to the rotation, but considering Lance Kramer ended up as the director for Tis the 30th Season instead of Rob Oliver I’m not sure.
    I don't think there should be much change in the direction rotation, if any. The last time Kramer directed an early episode during the production run was in season 23, and then he missed season 24 altogether (which he made up for by directing an early season 25 episode). That happened because he had to direct multiple episodes of Futurama that year. If he's drafted to do any episodes of Disenchantment (for the show's already scheduled second season), that would justify this change in the Simpsons directing order.

    Next episode is probably Oliver's, unless Mike Anderson steps up and directs an actual episode. That would certainly change the rotation.
    Last edited by jbauer; 12-14-2018 at 10:44 AM.

  3. #393
    Have Brain, Will Travel Wile E. the Brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    France
    Posts
    605


    Promo pics for Mad About the Toy :






  4. Thumbs Up To This Post by: MDB

  5. #394
    Mmmmmmmm, floor pie
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Benicia, CA
    Posts
    1,511


    Fox likes "Heartbreak Hotel" so much, it's airing it twice in a row!

    Okay, not really - Fox is just making plans for when the NFL playoff schedule is announced, presumably right after the final regular season game on 12/30. Fox will probably get a 4:30 game on either 1/6 or 1/13 - my current guess: the Rams will probably get a bye, and a home game on the second weekend, and Fox will air that at 4:30 on 1/13 - and air Heartbreak Hotel on the other Sunday at 7:00.
    Then again, Fox got both late games last year, so it's quite possible that CBS can get both this year.

  6. #395
    Pin Pal MDB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    844


    The girl on the bus

    [NOTE: The following article is a press release issued by the aforementioned network and/or company. Any errors, typos, etc. are attributed to the original author. The release is reproduced solely for the dissemination of the enclosed information.]
    SUNDAY, JANUARY 13

    [EDITOR'S NOTE: Audio descriptions for tonight's episodes of THE SIMPSONS, BOB'S BURGERS, FAMILY GUY, and REL are available on the SAP Audio Channel.]

    - "THE SIMPSONS" - (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT) CC-AD-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

    LISA HAS A NEW BEST FRIEND ON AN ALL-NEW "THE SIMPSONS" SUNDAY, JANUARY 13, ON FOX

    Patty LuPone and Terry Gross Make Guest-Voice Appearances

    When Lisa spots a new best friend from the window of the bus, she gets a taste of what life could be like with a different, more cultured family, and proceeds to try and live a double life in the all-new "The Girl on the Bus" episode of THE SIMPSONS airing Sunday, Jan. 13 (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT). (SI-3004) (TV-PG L, V)

    Voice Cast: Dan Castellaneta as Homer Simpson; Julie Kavner as Marge Simpson; Nancy Cartwright as Bart Simpson and Nelson; Yeardley Smith as Lisa Simpson; Hank Azaria as Moe; Harry Shearer as Skinner; Tress MacNeille as Dolph; Pamela Hayden as Milhouse; Harry Shearer as Flanders

    Guest Voice Cast: Patty LuPone as Sam's Mother, Terry Gross as Herself



    Read more: Listings - SIMPSONS, THE on FOX | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz5aFxCkxG4
    Soon Season 31


  7. #396
    Mmmmmmmm, floor pie
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Benicia, CA
    Posts
    1,511


    Voice Cast: Dan Castellaneta as Homer Simpson; Julie Kavner as Marge Simpson; Nancy Cartwright as Bart Simpson and Nelson; Yeardley Smith as Lisa Simpson; Hank Azaria as Moe; Harry Shearer as Skinner; Tress MacNeille as Dolph; Pamela Hayden as Milhouse; Harry Shearer as Flanders

    Guest Voice Cast: Patty LuPone as Sam's Mother, Terry Gross as Herself
    So, we know who's voicing Sam's mother, but not Sam? Yes, it will probably be one of the regulars, but except for Russi Taylor, all of the ones you would expect to voice a girl are already listed.

  8. #397
    “Pretension” by Calvin Klein ataeaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,435
    Blog Entries
    37


    My money’s on Tress MacNeille. Those are the default credits for the voice cast, right down to crediting Harry twice for both Skinner and Flanders. Usually Russi only voices Martin or the twins.
    ah (as in apple)-tuh-eef

  9. #398
    Pin Pal wiley207's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Brockton, MA
    Posts
    706


    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Solstice ataeaf View Post
    My money’s on Tress MacNeille. Those are the default credits for the voice cast, right down to crediting Harry twice for both Skinner and Flanders. Usually Russi only voices Martin or the twins.
    Oh yes. Tress is pretty much one of the principal cast members now, even if she's still credited in the "Also Starring" part of the end credits.

  10. #399
    We're out of time.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,222


    Quote Originally Posted by wiley207 View Post
    Oh yes. Tress is pretty much one of the principal cast members now, even if she's still credited in the "Also Starring" part of the end credits.
    Whenever a secondary character voiced by a secondary cast member gets an episode centered around him/her, that actor gets a full starring credit. It already happened to both Tress and also Pamela Hayden (whenever we get Milhouse centric episodes).

  11. #400
    Pin Pal wiley207's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Brockton, MA
    Posts
    706


    Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    Whenever a secondary character voiced by a secondary cast member gets an episode centered around him/her, that actor gets a full starring credit. It already happened to both Tress and also Pamela Hayden (whenever we get Milhouse centric episodes).
    Oh yes; first time that happened IIRC was the "Radioactive Man" episode from Season 7. And now Pamela Hayden has been appearing in every episode since 2009, alongside Tress (whom first began appearing in every episode in 1999). Even if Milhouse or Jimbo don't appear, Pamela will do an incidental female voice, and I can recognize her pretty well nowadays.

  12. #401
    Pin Pal MDB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    844


    .

  13. #402
    Mmmmmmmm, floor pie
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Benicia, CA
    Posts
    1,511


    Quote Originally Posted by That Don Guy View Post
    Fox likes "Heartbreak Hotel" so much, it's airing it twice in a row!

    Okay, not really - Fox is just making plans for when the NFL playoff schedule is announced, presumably right after the final regular season game on 12/30. Fox will probably get a 4:30 game on either 1/6 or 1/13 - my current guess: the Rams will probably get a bye, and a home game on the second weekend, and Fox will air that at 4:30 on 1/13 - and air Heartbreak Hotel on the other Sunday at 7:00.
    Then again, Fox got both late games last year, so it's quite possible that CBS can get both this year.
    The NFL has announced its postseason schedule: Fox doesn't even have a game on 1/6 (NBC gets the "late" game that day), but will air the 4:30 game on 1/13.

  14. #403
    Chatting Simpsons Since '93 Brad Lascelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Kitchener, ON
    Posts
    3,567


    Quote Originally Posted by That Don Guy View Post
    The NFL has announced its postseason schedule: Fox doesn't even have a game on 1/6 (NBC gets the "late" game that day), but will air the 4:30 game on 1/13.
    Hopefully the 1/13 episode is better as it stands to be the last episode from this season to command a massive audience.
    SEASON 31 RANKINGS
    The Winter of Our Monetized Content - 2/5 / Go Big or Go Homer - 2.5/5 / The Fat Blue Line - 3.5/5
    THOH XXX = Danger Things - 2.5/5 / Heaven Swipes Right - 1.5/5 / When Hairy Met Slimy - 2/5
    Gorillas on the Mast - 4/5 / Marge the Lumberjill - 2.5/5 / Livin' la Pura Vida - 5/5
    THANKSGIVING OF HORROR = A-Gobble-ypto - 3/5 / The Fourth Thursday After Tomorrow - 5/5 / The Last Thanksgiving - 3.5/5
    Todd, Todd, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me? - ?/5 / Bobby, It's Cold Outside - ?/5

  15. #404
    Pin Pal MDB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    844


    the episode "YABF12 - I'm Just A Girl Who Can't Say D'oh" features Jon Lovitz once again as Llewellyn Smith. The episode is written by Jeff Martin and Jenna Martin, who is Jeff's daughter.


  16. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

  17. #405
    Chatting Simpsons Since '93 Brad Lascelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Kitchener, ON
    Posts
    3,567


    Promo pics for The Girl on the Bus are now out...







    Given that this is Lisa-centric and from Cohen, I've got generally bad vibes about its likely quality. Which is a shame as it's going to have a sizable NFL lead-in.

    The premise seems pretty well telegraphed, too. Lisa hates her family for being peasants who watch TV all the time and eat TV dinners in the living room, sees strange new girl with bi-racial parents from the bus, hooks up with new friend and uses her to see what an actual cultured family is like, they're stereotyped as all hell, forms no actual connection with new friend, eventually sees that new family is pretentious and that there's little actual substance beyond the surface-level outward impression, Lisa appreciates her family again, another 22 minutes has been filled.


  18. #406
    “Pretension” by Calvin Klein ataeaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,435
    Blog Entries
    37


    Sigh, once again they focus on a character we’ve never seen before and will never see again instead of characters we see all the time and have been in the show since the first six seasons and have the potential to be interesting.

    Look, I’m sure Sam, the new friend, will be an fine character and all, but they really do tend to squander characters like Janey, the twins, and Allison unless it’s a Meg Griffin thing where they just show up to get crapped on.

  19. #407
    Sub-mediocre artist Venomrabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Mists of History
    Posts
    980
    Blog Entries
    5


    Sorry Janey, your spot as the token black friend to make white character seem more "woke" has been taken. :P

    It looks pretty mediocre, joking aside. Also, pretty sure there's two grabs from the same scene. Twice.


  20. #408
    Have Brain, Will Travel Wile E. the Brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    France
    Posts
    605


    I don't know why but I find those pics pretty mediocre on animation terms. Which director do you think it is ?

    Also, I'm agree on two points :
    - The writers shouldn't confuse a simple plot with a telegraphed plot.
    - They should stop creating new dull kids that we'll probably never see again instead of the usual characters (seriously, when was the last time Allison and Janey had a spoken appearance ?). At least, Sam doesn't seem to have a guest voice.

    Yeah, that looks very boring. I'm more interested by Mad About the Toy.


  21. #409
    Grappling with Local Oaf Beggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,428


    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Lascelle View Post
    The premise seems pretty well telegraphed, too. Lisa hates her family for being peasants who watch TV all the time and eat TV dinners in the living room, sees strange new girl with bi-racial parents from the bus, hooks up with new friend and uses her to see what an actual cultured family is like, they're stereotyped as all hell, forms no actual connection with new friend, eventually sees that new family is pretentious and that there's little actual substance beyond the surface-level outward impression, Lisa appreciates her family again, another 22 minutes has been filled.
    Great call, I won't be at all surprised if it turns out that you've got that beat for beat. Also...

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Lascelle View Post
    I guess we know what role Kevin Michael Richardson is going to have.
    A little less Generic than before.

  22. #410
    don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Spittle County
    Posts
    8,200


    I still wonder why they waited so long to add him as a recurring cast member. He fits like a glove.

    As for the episode itself, it doesn't exactly either sound or look very inspired so I'm having very low expectations for it, though it might surprise as some episodes as of late has been a little better than they seemed.

  23. #411


    Not looking forward to this one, I will never understand why this show shoves in one time/new characters and develops them for one episode to never be seen again, when there's enough kids that have been seen for 30 years and never really given any depth (Wendell, Lewis, Janey come to mind immediately) and others that already filled a certain role only to be replaced by an inferior new character (Allison Taylor getting replaced by Hubert Wong as Lisa's rival for example). Side note, I'm salty that they're developing a new Sam before we ever learn anything about Sam the barfly

  24. #412
    Chatting Simpsons Since '93 Brad Lascelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Kitchener, ON
    Posts
    3,567


    Quote Originally Posted by CousinMerl View Post
    I still wonder why they waited so long to add him as a recurring cast member. He fits like a glove.
    He's a superlative talent. They just need to give him actual characters instead of trotting out generic one-shot token black characters for him that are never revisited. Then again, they've been using him for NINE YEARS now and all we've gotten is Anger Watkins appearing in 3 episodes so it's probably not going to happen.

    Quote Originally Posted by CousinMerl View Post
    for the episode itself, it doesn't exactly either sound or look very inspired so I'm having very low expectations for it, though it might surprise as some episodes as of late has been a little better than they seemed.
    We've got a bottom-barrel premise from one of the writing staff's worst writers (Joel H. Cohen) and the animation team's worst animators (Bob Anderson). Cohen has been directly involved with the two poorest-received episodes of Season 30 in THOH XXIX and 'Tis the 30th Season. I suspect he'll seal the trifecta here.

  25. #413
    Your Neighborhood Average Joe Purpleberries's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Central Valley of CA
    Posts
    428


    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Lascelle View Post
    Promo pics for The Girl on the Bus are now out...







    Given that this is Lisa-centric and from Cohen, I've got generally bad vibes about its likely quality. Which is a shame as it's going to have a sizable NFL lead-in.

    The premise seems pretty well telegraphed, too. Lisa hates her family for being peasants who watch TV all the time and eat TV dinners in the living room, sees strange new girl with bi-racial parents from the bus, hooks up with new friend and uses her to see what an actual cultured family is like, they're stereotyped as all hell, forms no actual connection with new friend, eventually sees that new family is pretentious and that there's little actual substance beyond the surface-level outward impression, Lisa appreciates her family again, another 22 minutes has been filled.
    This is already sounding like a Frankenstein-esque mishmash of Friend with Benefit(an mostly unremarkable episode), Lisa's Rival, and various other Lisa makes a friend episodes.

  26. #414


    Cohen has a pretty poor track record, I'll give you that. He did write 22 for 30, Lisa Simpson, This Isn't Your Life, and Brawl in the Family, so at least he's got a few decent ones (including a pretty good Lisa one). Still got low expectations but I guess we'll have to see.

  27. #415
    Your Neighborhood Average Joe Purpleberries's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Central Valley of CA
    Posts
    428


    His THOHs are a reliable source of painful mediocrity.

  28. #416
    Sub-mediocre artist Venomrabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Mists of History
    Posts
    980
    Blog Entries
    5


    So basically the only good thing Cohen has done was inspire the name of a great Super Smash Bros webcomic.

    Well that's more good than I thought he'd done before.

  29. Thumbs Up To This Post by: wiley207

  30. #417
    Chatting Simpsons Since '93 Brad Lascelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Kitchener, ON
    Posts
    3,567


    I enjoyed The Debarted... even if it did kick off the unfortunate trend of casting celebrities to voice kids in Bart & Lisa's age bracket that could never in a million years pass for not having already gone through puberty.

  31. #418
    don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Spittle County
    Posts
    8,200


    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Lascelle View Post
    We've got a bottom-barrel premise from one of the writing staff's worst writers (Joel H. Cohen) and the animation team's worst animators (Bob Anderson). Cohen has been directly involved with the two poorest-received episodes of Season 30 in THOH XXIX and 'Tis the 30th Season. I suspect he'll seal the trifecta here.
    Unfortunately it does seem to ring true that it will be a letdown since all signs seem to point at it, despite any hopes and wishes that it would be at least an above average one. Just the writer ring some warning bells; a great one could make something out of a tired premise like this.

    And as for Kevin Michael Richardson, I do too hope he'll get some recurring characters other than Anger Watkins (who is pretty lame and one-note). Wasting his talent on mostly forgettable one-timer characters feels like a waste.

  32. #419
    Pin Pal MDB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    844


    .

  33. #420
    pineapple shoes Dark Homer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    geohell
    Posts
    20,070
    Blog Entries
    13






Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •