Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 30 Information Thread

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

So are they going to visit their park in Universal Studios?
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

Quote Originally Posted by Financial Panther View Post
    Hm. Their ban must have expired.
    it must have expired a long time ago since they've been to Florida in Special Edna and Catch em if you can
    Simpsons Comics 1993-2018

Can someone explain what this whole ban thing is? I'm lost.

Blog Entries

In the episode "Kill the Alligator and Run", the Simpsons were banned from visiting Florida.
    You're a dolt with the IQ of a peabrain that probably loves lowbrow sitcoms like The Big Bang Theory, Frasier and Seinfeld to not grasp the biting satire and wit of the classic 65 (Rugrats).

“Pretension” by Calvin Klein ataeaf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There are so many untapped possibilities for characters who hardly get any screen time and they instead choose to rehash one of the most widely hated episodes of the series.
    ah (as in apple)-tuh-eef

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

It would be pretty funny if they wound up running over the same alligator again.

7. Thumbs Up To This Post by: ataeaf

Blog Entries

So Selman hasn't posted yet... is Krusty the Clown gonna be the Selman episode?

Chatting Simpsons Since '93 Brad Lascelle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ataeaf View Post
    So Selman hasn't posted yet... is Krusty the Clown gonna be the Selman episode?
    It's possible.

It's also possible that he only showran 3 episodes in the XABF production run to make up for the 5 episodes he was given in the WABF run to accommodate The Great Phatsby being a two-parter (as a makeshift compromise to Jean).

Hopefully he gets 4 next cycle.

Daddicus Finch promo pics are up on Foxflash, btw.
    SEASON 31 RANKINGS
    The Winter of Our Monetized Content - 2/5 / Go Big or Go Homer - 2.5/5 / The Fat Blue Line - 3.5/5
    THOH XXX = Danger Things - 2.5/5 / Heaven Swipes Right - 1.5/5 / When Hairy Met Slimy - 2/5
    Gorillas on the Mast - 4/5 / Marge the Lumberjill - 2.5/5 / Livin' la Pura Vida - 5/5
    THANKSGIVING OF HORROR = A-Gobble-ypto - 3/5 / The Fourth Thursday After Tomorrow - 5/5 / The Last Thanksgiving - 3.5/5
    Todd, Todd, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me? - ?/5 / Bobby, It's Cold Outside - ?/5

Blog Entries

Werking Mom is a double-bluff Jean episode. Next week is the moment of truth. Is Krusty the Clown a Selman one, or are there really only three XABF Selman episodes?

Sub-mediocre artist Venomrabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

On Foxflash? Anyone wanna post 'em, I think the site's region locked, won't let me view it.

Blog Entries

Sorry, I can’t actually download the full images without an account, which requires a business email (i.e. not gmail, etc.).

The Simpsons in Florida? Now that's guaranteed to result in a beloved episode!
    Last edited by Beggs; 11-20-2018 at 10:35 AM.
    A little less Generic than before.

Have Brain, Will Travel Wile E. the Brain's Avatar

I'd love to see reactions for 'Tis the 30th Season here if they put any reference to Kill the Alligator and Run in this episode.

And with Florida subject and Lisa's pork chop (?) costume from one of Daddicus Finch promo pics, I automatically think of this :

Lisa has a well-established legacy of wearing ridiculous costumes...

I wonder if the Foxflash makeover somehow corrected an exploit or revoked subscriptions for the Simpsons wiki sites as they never go this long to post promo pics once they're circulated.

Preview of Krusty the Clown.
    Fan of the Outstanding Animated Show of 2019.

SEASON 31 - RATINGS
    The Winter of Our Monetized Content: 3/5 / Go Big or Go Homer: 3/5 / The Fat Blue Line 4/5
    Treehouse of Horror XXX: 4/5 / Gorillas on the Mast: 3/5 / Marge the Lumberjill: 2/5
    Livin' La Pura Vida: 5/5 / Thanksgiving of Horror: 5/5 / Todd, Todd, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me: 2/5
    Bobby, It's Cold Outside: TBA / Hail of the Teeth: TBA

Here I come, world! Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sick Simpsons slam.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

A preview of Billy Eichner's character from "Krusty the Clown" (XABF22) has been released.

19. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

Lack of Twitter activity notwithstanding, "Guest Starring" interview vids starring the celebrity of the week for the marketing team are also a frequent Selman-episode staple.

sadly not always, we got "Haw-Haw Land" preview last season with ed sheeran, and Jean retweeted the promo of the upcoming episode. So, once again, I think it could go either way
    Soon Season 31

Blog Entries

Ah cool, another guest star playing a kid who sounds nothing like a kid

23. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Beggs

Sub-mediocre artist Venomrabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So according to the script, Hubert Wong is in there too? Although really, Allison being right there does highlight how pointless Hubert is as a character as that one kid Hoover seems to like better than Lisa. I mean aside from having a Futurama Reference for a name.

I have a feeling the other characters will only be background decoration at best and it'll be nothing but the guest kid and Lisa going back and forth and he really doesn't seem like he's got enough of a character to support that. Then again, this season has pulled some pleasant surprises, so maybe we'll get lucky and it won't be just them.

I guess what's bugging me most is that he's yet another guest character there solely to fill one plot's role. Except it's one a pre-existing character could easily be written into, seems unlikely that there'll be much of a reason why they had to go for someone new.
    Last edited by Venomrabbit; 11-22-2018 at 05:50 PM.

Is "30th Season" actually a Christmas episode, or is Christmas just a very small part of the first act?
    Season 30 Ratings
    Bart's Not Dead C- Heartbreak Hotel ​D My Way or the Highway to Heaven ​D- Treehouse of Horror XXIX ​C- Baby You Can't Drive My Car ​B+ From Russia Without Love ​B- Werking Mom ​C Krusty the Clown ​B Daddicus Finch B+ 'Tis the 30th Season ​D+ Mad About the Toy ​C+ The Girl on the Bus ​C I'm Dancing as Fat as I Can ​C- The Clown Stays in the Picture ​C- 101 Mitigations C+ I Want You (She's So Heavy) ​C E My Sports ​B- Bart vs. Itchy & Scratchy ​C- Girl's in the Band ​B- I'm Just a Girl Who Can't Say D'oh ​B- D'oh Canada ​C- Woo-hoo Dunnit? ​B Crystal Blue-Haired Persuasion ​C+

YABF21's title will be revealed on November 29th, while YABF22's will be on December 6th per Al Jean.

@Rutherford End of an era. Could be the last title reveals we get for a while depending on how long it takes for a show renewal announcement to come out post-winter writer's retreat. (I'm assuming the writers will carry on forward as they always do.)

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Is "30th Season" actually a Christmas episode, or is Christmas just a very small part of the first act?
    Hard to tell until the promo shots come out but it sounds like the only thing Christmasy about the first act is a blundered post-Thanksgiving shopping expedition. As for how much time they spend in Florida and whether that happens during Christmas proper (safe assumption given the title) remains to be seen. Hopefully they spend more time in warm weather than they did during the winter-tropical island juxtaposition from Friend With Benefit and that it's not just Marge torturing herself over ruining Christmas for 20 minutes.
    Last edited by Brad Lascelle; 11-24-2018 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Lascelle View Post
    @Rutherford End of an era. Could be the last title reveals we get for a while depending on how long it takes for a show renewal announcement to come out post-winter writer's retreat. (I'm assuming the writers will carry on forward as they always do.)
    I have a feeling that its renewal is being held back by the Disney merger. Usually, they would get a notice by early or mid-November for renewals. The month is almost over but still no word!

I thought it was business as usual at Fox until the deal (which I REALLY didn't want to happen).
    Is complete.

Business as usual for most things at Fox, sure. Just as it has been for the show up until now and will continue to be as the YABF episodes get recorded, animated and produced. But a production renewal beyond the Season 30 run almost has to factor in the Disney acquisition of Fox assets as it's undoubtedly the case that any parties holding out on signing the dotted line up until now will be factoring that into their decision. And that deal doesn't officially close until January 1st.

It's also reasonable to assume that there is less pressure to announce an extension than there normally would be because of that background distraction so if Shearer or someone else is getting cold feet again, the Disney stuff gives all of the negotiating parties a convenient excuse to stall and/or play hardball. In fact, I suspect this latter scenario is more likely to be the case.

After over a week's lapse since the Daddicus Finch promo pics hit Fox Flash, a poorly compressed rendition of one of the pics has made it to Simpsonswiki. It's not the best quality but it's the best we'll get until access is restored. Better shots will undoubtedly be pulled from the promo clips Fox releases on YouTube after tonight's new ep airs.

Last edited by Brad Lascelle; 11-25-2018 at 09:48 AM.

Matt Selman will tweet about Krusty the Clown. It confirmed that this episode will be a Selman one?

https://mobile.twitter.com/mattselma...34240631787522

Blog Entries

So, is this going to be both the best Koh episode ever and the worst Selman episode ever?

I have faith in Koh. He has a good history out of The Simpsons. I think Selman can generate an interesting offert with Ryan.

Thread Information