Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 30 Information Thread

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Quote Originally Posted by Rutherford View Post
    "D'oh Canada" (YABF14) is possibly a Donald Trump-centric episode.
    Will it possibly be an episode where The Simpsons try to immigrate to Canada because they don't like Trump's politics?

As long as Grandpa isn't dying

Chatting Simpsons Since '93 Brad Lascelle's Avatar

Promo pics for Werking Mom... but first a comment...

Normally I'd wait for these to get properly uploaded to one of the Simpsons wikis or other sites with Fox media credentials so consider this a placeholder post until they do. But I just HAD to pass these along now instead of waiting. For reasons that are self-explanatory...

SEASON 31 RANKINGS
    The Winter of Our Monetized Content - 2/5 / Go Big or Go Homer - 2.5/5 / The Fat Blue Line - 3.5/5
    THOH XXX = Danger Things - ?/5 / Heaven Swipes Right - ?/5 / When Hairy Met Slimy - ?/5
    Gorillas on the Mast - ?/5 / Marge the Lumberjill - ?/5 / Livin' la Pura Vida - ?/5
    THANKSGIVING OF HORROR = ?????? - ?/5 / ?????? - ?/5 / ?????? - ?/5

Have Brain, Will Travel Wile E. the Brain's Avatar

Homer disguised as a drag queen, we didn't see it coming, I guess.

“Pretension” by Calvin Klein ataeaf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

@Rad As Hell: Here are higher quality versions of the above... lovely images:

Feel free to replace your images with these and delete my post.
    ah (as in apple)-tuh-eef

No need, @AAAAH-taeaf. We'll just roll with your links. Less work for me this way.

Blog Entries

I was interested in this one because I just *love* Raja, but she hasn't appeared in any promos so far. 20 minutes of Julio, Marge as Aunt Barbara, and super fresh jokes like Homer getting injured doing the splits* aren't worth it just to catch a quick cameo. Hoping she has a real part.

*I hope that scene isn't supposed to be a reference to Eureka injuring her knee.
    🔮Marianne Williamson 2020🔮

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

What is it with Fox and airing repeats of pretty much everything except The Simpsons (well, and Family Guy) in the 7-8 slot? Last Man Standing airs on 11/11, and The Cool Kids airs on 11/25 (both with a Bob's Burgers repeat at 7:30).

Your Neighborhood Average Joe Purpleberries's Avatar

Um yeah, definitely not looking forward to that episode.

Blog Entries

FutonCritic synopsis for Krusty the Clown (airing on November 25th)...

- "THE SIMPSONS" - (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT) CC-AD-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

IN AN ACT OF REVENGE, KRUSTY ALMOST COMMITS HOMER-CIDE ON AN ALL-NEW "THE SIMPSONS" SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 25, ON FOX

Billy Eichner and Peter Serafinowicz Make Guest-Voice Appearances

Homer finds his calling as a TV recapper, but his harsh grading causes a brawl with Krusty. After almost killing Homer, Krusty hides out at a real circus, and finds happiness there in the all-new "Krusty the Clown" episode of THE SIMPSONS airing Sunday, Nov. 25 (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (SI-2922) (TV-PG D, L, S, V)

Voice Cast: Dan Castellaneta as Homer Simpson; Julie Kavner as Marge Simpson; Nancy Cartwright as Bart Simpson and Nelson; Yeardley Smith as Lisa Simpson; Hank Azaria as Moe; Harry Shearer as Skinner; Tress MacNeille as Dolph; Pamela Hayden as Milhouse; Harry Shearer as Flanders; Harry Shearer as Mr. Burns; Harry Shearer as Smithers; Harry Shearer as Lenny; Harry Shearer as Dr. Hibbert; Harry Shearer as Reverend Lovejoy; Harry Shearer as Kent Brockman; Harry Shearer as Otto; Harry Shearer as Jasper; Harry Shearer as Rainier Wolfcastle

Guest Voice Cast: Billy Eichner as Billy, Peter Serafinowicz as Corporate CEO
    @Rad As Hell, who is likely to be the director to this promising episode by your favorite writer, Ryan Koh, according to the director rotation?

The answer to your question is Matthew Faughnan.
    I appreciate you adding in the additional Harry Shearer credits.

Good lord at that synopsis, too. Krusty almost killing Homer? Seriously, Ryan? I can say with utmost confidence that this will be my most dreaded episode of the season... and possibly my most dreaded in quite some time.

At least the XABF production run has finally reached its merciful end. Up next... Lisa Has a Crush on Homer (under its new title).

Almost killing ? It will be a "chicken fight" or something ? Anyway, I don't have much expectation about this one...

I didn't know there was a director rotation, by the way.

The current (and always subject-to-change) director rotation...

?ABF01 - Steven Dean Moore (Dad Behavior, Mr. Lisa's Opus)
    ?ABF02 - Rob Oliver (The Nightmare After Krustmas, Gone Boy)
    ?ABF03 - Bob Anderson (The Last Traction Hero, Haw-Haw Land)
    ?ABF04 - Chris Clements (The Great Phatsby Part 1, Frink Gets Testy)
    ?ABF05 - Timothy Bailey (The Great Phatsby Part 2, Homer Is Where the Art Isn't)
    ?ABF06 - Matthew Nastuk (Pork and Burns, 3 Scenes Plus a Tag from a Marriage)
    ?ABF07 - Mark Kirkland (Fatzcarraldo, No Good Read Goes Unpunished)

?ABF08 - Steven Dean Moore (The Cad and the Hat, Fears of a Clown)
    ?ABF09 - Rob Oliver (Kamp Krustier, Forgive and Regret)
    ?ABF10 - Chris Clements (22 for 30, King Leer)
    ?ABF11 - Bob Anderson (A Father's Watch, Lisa Gets the Blues)
    ?ABF12 - Lance Kramer (Caper Chase, Left Behind)
    ?ABF13 - Michael Polcino (Looking for Mr. Goodbart, Throw Grampa from the Dane)
    ?ABF14 - Matthew Nastuk (Moho House, Flanders' Ladder)

?ABF15 - Steven Dean Moore (Dogtown, Heartbreak Hotel)
    ?ABF16 - Matthew Faughnan (Whistler's Father, Treehouse of Horror XXIX)
    ?ABF17 - Rob Oliver (The Town, The Serfsons, My Way or the Highway to Heaven)
    ?ABF18 - Timothy Bailey (Treehouse of Horror XXVIII, Baby You Can't Drive My Car)
    ?ABF19 - Bob Anderson (Havana Wild Weekend, Grampy Can Ya Hear Me, Bart's Not Dead)
    ?ABF20 - Matthew Nastuk (Monty Burns' Fleeing Circus, The Old Blue Mayor She Ain't What She Used to Be, From Russia Without Love)
    ?ABF21 - Michael Polcino (Trust but Clarify, Singin' in the Lane, Werking Mom)

?ABF22 - Matthew Faughnan (There Will Be Buds, Springfield Splendor, Krusty the Clown)

Now with that understood, I would not at all be surprised for the rotation to get shuffled for the YABF run come December. The rotation last changed for the WABF episodes and XABF has mirrored it precisely thus far (through 18 episodes). This weekend's episode (Baby You Can't Drive My Car) will prove interesting in that Bailey has only worked on the last ?ABF18 episode. Lance Kramer did VABF18 - Friends and Family. I have more confidence in the ?ABF20-?ABF22 episodes in light of having two production runs of the same director being attached.

As for the rationale in having a director rotation in the first place... well, I get it. I'm also of the opinion that certain directors excel in certain areas and that it would make sense to utilize them for their strengths. Blazed and Confused would NOT have worked as well as it did without Oliver... full stop. But that's clearly not a sentiment that the show's production staff shares.
    Last edited by Brad Lascelle; 11-01-2018 at 06:01 AM.

Interesting, I wasn't aware there is a specific rotation. Thanks !

We're out of time.

This particular rotation is the result of Chuck Sheetz having left the show at the end of season 25. It also coincided with Mark Kirkland dramatically slowing down his output (possibly in order to spend more time with his father). He used to direct 3 shows any given season (4 or 5 during the early seasons). Now he only directs a single one.

Oliver, Faughnan and Bailey got 'promoted' in a sense that they were finally given more episodes to direct than before. Previously, as the newer directors on staff, they were saddled with only one show per season each (even though they've been Simpsons animators for decades).

Also, Nastuk, who used to to do only two shows per season, now has three allotted.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Lascelle View Post
    As for the rationale in having a director rotation in the first place... well, I get it. I'm also of the opinion that certain directors excel in certain areas and that it would make sense to utilize them for their strengths. Blazed and Confused would NOT have worked as well as it did without Oliver... full stop. But that's clearly not a sentiment that the show's production staff shares.
    Hence why we get an episode co-written by the most beloved director, that is actually directed by the worst director on current staff.

"Mad About The Toy" will air January 6, then "The Girl On The Bus" on the 13th
    https://twitter.com/AlJean/status/1058148561920057344

It smells like a long and unnecessary scene to waste time for the upcoming episode, doesn't it ?

You mean they can't stretch a riveting storyline about the nuclear plant workers getting poached by a self-driving car company (until Homer inevitably wrecks the place like that other car company he worked for back in Season 2 and they all go back to work for Burns) for a full 22 minutes? I'm shocked, @Wile E. the Brain. I'm positively shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by 6F01 View Post
    "Mad About The Toy" will air January 6, then "The Girl On The Bus" on the 13th
    https://twitter.com/AlJean/status/1058148561920057344
    That will make 12 episodes total by the middle of January.

They must be determined to give us a 23-episode season to make up for the 21-episode season we got last year.

I'm not exactly sold on a 23-episode season. Especially with nothing new in January following those episodes and only two dates blocked for new episodes in February (on the 10th and 17th). Spreading the final 8 episodes from March through until May is relatively par for the course for recent years.

What's more atypical is how intent they are to have THOH XXX air as Episode 666. Because going 22 episodes for Season 30 (well, the part of Season 30 that wraps up in May), will mean they'll need to cram in a full 4 episodes in advance of THOH's airing next fall. And they've only done that ONCE in the HD era (Season 27). And I have no clue what commitments FOX has made as far as available airdates go in September/October of 2019.

It's a shame FOX signed on to broadcast terrible Thursday night football games through 2022... because both Halloween and the 30th anniversary of Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire fall on Thursdays next year and it would have been a winner of a ratings idea to close out the show's run back in its old Thursday timeslot and have episodes air on both those dates. But I'm sure they're still eager to extend the show's production run indefinitely until the principal lead cast all dies so whatever.

You mean they can't stretch a riveting storyline about the nuclear plant workers getting poached by a self-driving car company (until Homer inevitably wrecks the place like that other car company he worked for back in Season 2 and they all go back to work for Burns) for a full 22 minutes? I'm shocked, @Wile E. the Brain. I'm positively shocked.
    Touché.

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

What's more atypical is how intent they are to have THOH XXX air as Episode 666. Because going 22 episodes for Season 30 (well, the part of Season 30 that wraps up in May), will mean they'll need to cram in a full 4 episodes in advance of THOH's airing next fall. And they've only done that ONCE in the HD era (Season 27). And I have no clue what commitments FOX has made as far as available airdates go in September/October of 2019.
    It probably depends on when the Emmys are in 2018. If they're September 15, then airing new episodes on 9/22, 9/29, 10/6, and 10/13, then THOH XXX on 10/20 is feasible. However, if they're on 10/22, then that makes it harder. Of course, that assumes that Fox wants to air it before Halloween, rather than on November 3.
    It's a shame FOX signed on to broadcast terrible Thursday night football games through 2022... because both Halloween and the 30th anniversary of Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire fall on Thursdays next year and it would have been a winner of a ratings idea to close out the show's run back in its old Thursday timeslot and have episodes air on both those dates. But I'm sure they're still eager to extend the show's production run indefinitely until the principal lead cast all dies so whatever.
    If you want to get pedantic, the show's "original" (Season 1) timeslot was Sunday at 8:30. Besides - I'm pretty sure Fox treats the show as the anchor for the rest of the Sunday (non-football) schedule now.

Oh I'm aware... I was watching The Simpsons immediately prior to Married... With Children back then, after all. That's why I said "old" and not "original". And that would have only been a direction I'd suggest them to go if they were wrapping up the show and looking for a ratings bump. Clearly that won't be the case if they're keeping it around in its current Sunday night anchor role.

That said, I question the viability of even getting a ratings bump for the show in its current Sunday lineup fixture... even during a farewell tour. Sundays are always bloated with stuff to watch and something like "the last episodes of The Simpsons ever" really needs to command a night.

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

That said, I question the viability of even getting a ratings bump for the show in its current Sunday lineup fixture... even during a farewell tour. Sundays are always bloated with stuff to watch and something like "the last episodes of The Simpsons ever" really needs to command a night.
    Whereas Thursday night, with Grey's Anatomy, The Big Bang Theory (okay, that won't be on next year), and Superstore, isn't bloated?

Not AS bloated. And BBT being off the air will leave a pretty big void to fill for something looking to make an impact on Thursday nights.
    That's like 13 million viewers looking for something new to fill their Thursday night viewing lineup with.

https://twitter.com/TheVoiceBTV/stat...29901187096576

The mysterious Dan Vebber's script.

Thanksgiving of Horror... interesting. Been waiting for the show to tackle Turkey Day again since Season 2.
    Loads of potential with this one, too. Possible first Selman-Vebber combo since The Book Job. Oliver slated to direct if the rotation holds.

Thanksgiving of Horror... interesting. Been waiting for the show to tackle Turkey Day again since Season 2.
    Loads of potential with this one, too. Possible first Selman-Vebber combo since The Book Job. Oliver slated to direct if the rotation holds.
    I bet this Thanksgiving episode will be about Lisa bitching over both the killing of turkeys and the celebrating of the so-called genocide of Native Americans.

That is what I call a real Thanksgiving of Horror.

I thought one Thanksgiving episode was enough because you couldn't top "Bart vs Thanksgiving" especially since the message I got from that episode is even if you're part of a dysfunctional family, family is still the most important part of Thanksgiving.

I'm betting that the 31st seasons Christmas episode will be titled "Christmas of Horror"

Clupid bloropope Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There was a Simpsons Comic where Lisa does exactly that. And they’ve done tons of Christmas episodes, so I don’t see why another Thanksgiving one should be out of the question.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

Thread Information