Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 30 Information Thread

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

If you ask me, the only Bob's Burgers couch gag that should even be considered is if somebody removes Louise's bunny ears and reveals a Lisa hairdo

Chatting Simpsons Since '93 Brad Lascelle's Avatar

Promo pics for Baby You Can't Drive My Car...

SEASON 31 RANKINGS
    The Winter of Our Monetized Content - 2/5 / Go Big or Go Homer - 2.5/5 / The Fat Blue Line - 3.5/5
    THOH XXX = Danger Things - 2.5/5 / Heaven Swipes Right - 1.5/5 / When Hairy Met Slimy - 2/5
    Gorillas on the Mast - 4/5 / Marge the Lumberjill - 2.5/5 / Livin' la Pura Vida - ?/5
    THANKSGIVING OF HORROR = ?????? - ?/5 / ?????? - ?/5 / ?????? - ?/5

3. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

Preview clip for tonight's ep that's been airing on TV for a while but had yet to hit the web until now...

“Pretension” by Calvin Klein ataeaf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hey, it’s Apu!

Also Rachel Jordan is there.
    ah (as in apple)-tuh-eef

Apu would probably consider it an insult that he wound up in heaven instead of reincarnated into a tapeworm or something.
    But, hey, at least he's making his first appearance of the season. So congrats on existing?

Quote Originally Posted by Rad As Hell View Post
    Apu would probably consider it an insult that he wound up in heaven
    I think that's the point since I see at least four religions in that screenshot

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

I just noticed something strange on the Fox schedule press releases: this week's, and next week's, episodes are scheduled to run from 8:00 to 8:28. Also, Family Guy runs from 9:00 to 9:27 both nights.

Guys THOH XXX is confirmed to be episode 666 next season I'm so excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Smarch Weather! View Post
    What a strange thing to get excited over.

That rabbit is dynamite! Venomrabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well when it airs, Satan shall come to Earth and take over as the new showrunner.

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Fox was also airing some sort of "countdown clock" during its commercials on Sunday. Since it did not do it on Monday (at least, not during 9-1-1), I am assuming it has something to do with the shorter breaks, similar to how NBC always announces that the first commercial break during Manifest is only 60 seconds.

However, there was a rather lengthy break between the end of Bob's Burgers and the start of Family Guy.

Now watch Fox have a last-minute pre-emption this year (like last year's O.J. Simpson: The Lost Confession), so THOH XXX ends up being episode 665.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Venomrabbit View Post
    Well when it airs, Satan shall come to Earth and take over as the new showrunner.
    I’d like to see him become a writer if it means he takes Joel Cohen’s place.

FutonCritic synopsis for From Russia Without Love (airing on November 11th)...

- "THE SIMPSONS" - (8:00-8:28 PM ET/PT) CC-AD-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

MOE FALLS FOR A MAIL-ORDER BRIDE ON AN ALL-NEW "THE SIMPSONS" SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 11, ON FOX

On a mission to play hardcore pranks, Bart, Nelson and Milhouse get Moe a mail-order bride on the Dark Web in the all-new "From Russia Without Love" episode of THE SIMPSONS airing Sunday, Nov. 11 (8:00-8:28 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (SI-2920) (TV-PG L, V)

Voice Cast: Dan Castellaneta as Homer Simpson; Julie Kavner as Marge Simpson; Nancy Cartwright as Bart Simpson and Nelson; Yeardley Smith as Lisa Simpson; Hank Azaria as Moe; Harry Shearer as Skinner; Tress MacNeille as Dolph; Pamela Hayden as Milhouse; Harry Shearer as Flanders; Harry Shearer as Mr. Burns; Harry Shearer as Smithers; Harry Shearer as Lenny; Harry Shearer as Dr. Hibbert; Harry Shearer as Reverend Lovejoy; Harry Shearer as Kent Brockman; Harry Shearer as Otto; Harry Shearer as Jasper; Harry Shearer as Rainier Wolfcastle
    Michael Ferris is writing this ep. If the director rotation holds, Matthew Nastuk will be directing.
    Al Jean did NOT tweet out this episode's live read (the script instead leaked out via Fox's Instagram as per this post) so this is likely a Selman ep.
    Last edited by Brad Lascelle; 10-17-2018 at 02:23 PM.

17. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

Blog Entries

Why is Shearer credited for just about every character he plays in the show in this particular synopsis?

Seeing how he's been getting credited consistently for both Skinner and Flanders (as you noted earlier) for some reason, I thought I'd be funny and credit him individually for everything else.

Blog Entries

Hahaha, what a wonderful synopsis, it sounds like a "what if kramer got bitcoin??" joke plot

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Notice one character that didn't get credited: the bride. I wonder who - or what - shows up.

Blog Entries

Probably just another Tress MacNeille character.

Michael Ferris is writing this ep. If the director rotation holds, Matthew Nastuk will be directing.
    Al Jean did NOT tweet out this episode's live read (the script instead leaked out via Fox's Instagram as per this post) so this is likely a Selman ep.
    oh I guess it's not a "Simpsons are going to....." episode after all
    Simpsons Comics 1993-2018

Quote Originally Posted by bboynexus View Post
    What a strange thing to get excited over.
    Sorry then I guess?

Sorry then I guess?
    No need to apologize! I just found it curious.

Is ordering a Russian mail bride from the Internet a common trope?
    It was done in an early American Dad! episode, too.

Blog Entries

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...MailOrderBride

Also, there is a Tapped Out update with based on Intrusion of the Pod-Y Switchers that features a character from it called Xylem.

The below link has his Tapped Out storyline:

https://simpsonswiki.com/wiki/The_Si...m_If_You_Xylem
    Last edited by ataeaf; 10-17-2018 at 10:15 PM.

28. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

Uh oh... sentient plant-life. Wonder what the over-under is for this segment on jokes revolving around vegetarian Lisa feeling conflicted.
    I'm going to be conservative and set the bar at 1 1/2 jokes. Who wants to take the over?

We're out of time.

It's likely one of Selman's efforts. Season 28 had five Selman episodes (counting Great Phatsby as two entries). And with Heartbreak Hotel in the can, we've had three Selman efforts as of season 29. If this holds, then we still have two of them among the remaining holdover entries.

Come to think of it, I don't believe Al tweeted about Baby You Can't Drive My Car either.
    (Although he did tweet out about the Heartbreak Hotel live read that Selman co-wrote to further convolute this logic.)

We're out of time.

It's better to pay attention to Selman's own feed. He usually starts promoting his episodes when they're fairly close to their air date.

Case in point, there were no indications that Halloween of Horror or the LEGO episode were Selman entries until they were very close to air. Al Jean had already discussed their existence long before that (especially in the LEGO case, which took Nastuk and the animators well over a year to finish).

Season 30 Ratings
    Bart's Not Dead C- Heartbreak Hotel ​D My Way or the Highway to Heaven ​D- Treehouse of Horror XXIX ​C- Baby You Can't Drive My Car ​B+ From Russia Without Love ​B- Werking Mom ​C Krusty the Clown ​B Daddicus Finch B+ 'Tis the 30th Season ​D+ Mad About the Toy ​C+ The Girl on the Bus ​C I'm Dancing as Fat as I Can ​C- The Clown Stays in the Picture ​C- 101 Mitigations C+ I Want You (She's So Heavy) ​C E My Sports ​B- Bart vs. Itchy & Scratchy ​C- Girl's in the Band ​B- I'm Just a Girl Who Can't Say D'oh ​B- D'oh Canada ​C- Woo-hoo Dunnit? ​B Crystal Blue-Haired Persuasion ​C+

Thread Information