Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

GORILLAS ON THE MAST
    Four episodes have passed and, in my opinion, season 31 don't have a bad one yet. The Winter of Our Monetized Content was a unexpected surprise, Go Big or Go Homer was the worst so far but it's still close to a 3/5 material, and The Fat Blue Line and Treehouse of Horror XXX will be among the best of the season. Only season 29 had a start without failures, and then the declive arrived, inevitably, and I think the same will happen this year. Also, YABF production code only have one ticket to reach the 10 highly-recommended episodes I wait per year, and everything indicates that it will be Thanksgiving of Horror. So, if I only guide for the range of good/bae episodes per year, this should be a below-average one.

Freelancer efforts are always an uncertainty for fans. They can upshot being the best episode or the worst too. I don't know who is Max Cohn. IMDb doesn't count with a profile of someone called Max Cohn except one who only worked in a musical called Shout It Out!, other two without any credit and one who last credit for something was in 1931. So, there aren't references of the style of the writer. The director, according to the rotation, will be Matthew Nastuk, who stands out in night/dark scenes but not in the fluid animation that probably needs this episode in the animals.

The main plot doesn't sound bad, but it seems to be just a recycle of Jazzy and the Pussycats. I don't care for repetitive stories as long as they could differentiate between they, something I can't assert with what we know thanks to the premise. In one of the promotional images, we see Bart expecting a liberation of an animal with Lisa. I would love to see they working as a team again, especially if they find a coherent and a not-extorsionist reason to make that Bart could be interesting in set free animals. I hope their dynamic take more time than the guest start. Talking about that, it will be strange to see Jane Goodall helping at the animals after a character based on her, Joan Bushwell, did the opposite in Simpson Safari. Crazy licenses that The Simpsons writers can take, I think. I'd really like if they include a callback about that episode.

Sadly, is not likeable to see Homer involving in the main plot this time. I say sadly because this combination is always enjoyable. Maybe we'll have something of that in their visit to the Water Park. They prepared for him a subplot that sounds wacky, at the worst style of Scully era: Homer doing something stupid and impulsive and living unrealistic random situations and knowing random people for that. Just as happened in the start of Simpsons Safari, by the way. I don't know, it just doesn't sound as the best Homer material. I don't want to be too much pessimistic, but the premise and the promotional images can't transmit anything to me. Maybe will be a connection between both plots at some moment, something like Lisa meeting with one aquatic animal she set free previously. But the only actual connection I can see between the plots is that both seems quirky.

I'm nothing optimistic for this episode. I wait a 2/5. Hoping Max Cohn can shut up me with a surpresive script. But Szyslak100's oracle (?) says this season will go into a coma until one of Matt Selman's episodes.
    Last edited by Szyslak100; 10-29-2019 at 10:28 AM.
    Fan of the Outstanding Animated Show of 2019.

SEASON 31 - RATINGS
    The Winter of Our Monetized Content: 3/5 / Go Big or Go Homer: 3/5 / The Fat Blue Line 4/5
    Treehouse of Horror XXX: 4/5 / Gorillas on the Mast: 3/5 / Marge the Lumberjill: 2/5
    Livin' La Pura Vida: 5/5 / Thanksgiving of Horror: 5/5 / Todd, Todd, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me: 2/5
    Bobby, It's Cold Outside: TBA / Hail of the Teeth: TBA

Gorillas on the Mast
    Main plot ("Lisa becomes determined to set free Springfield's most vicious animals in captivity"): if execution will be good, it will be cute enough. 4/5
    Sub-plot ("Homer fulfills a lifelong dream of buying a boat, and quickly realizes boat ownership sucks"): I'm not very sure, but think it's boring and, maybe, a little more trash. 1/5
    SO 2.5/5
    IMHO the most and the least favourite episodes of each season (without trilogy episodes, upd. 30/10/19):
    1. There’s No Disgrace Like Home/Homer’s Night Out 2. Old Money/Simpson and Delilah 3. Bart the Lover/Homer Alone 4. Homer’s Triple Bypass/Marge in Chains 5. Secrets of a Successful Marriage/Burns’ Heir 6. Two Dozen and One Greyhounds/A Star Is Burns 7. Home Sweet Homediddly-Dum-Doodily/Bart the Fink 8. Simpsoncalifragilisticexpiala(Annoyed Grunt)cious/The Springfield Files 9. Miracle on Evergreen Terrace/Das Bus 10. Maximum Homerdrive/Monty Can’t Buy Me Love 11. Grift of the Magi/Pygmoelian 12. Homer vs. Dignity/New Kids on the Blecch 13. Poppa’s Got a Brand New Badge/Weekend at Burnsie’s 14. Moe Baby Blues/Three Gays of the Condo 15. Fraudcast News/Co-Dependent’s Day 16. Sleeping with the Enemy/Pranksta Rap 17. Bonfire of the Manatees/Bart Has Two Mommies 18. The Wife Aquatic/The Haw-Hawed Couple 19. He Loves to Fly and He D’ohs/Smoke on the Daughter 20. Coming to Homerica/Lisa the Drama Queen 21. Chief of Hearts/Stealing First Base 22. The Ned-Liest Catch/Love Is a Many Strangled Thing 23. A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again/Moe Goes from Rags to Riches 24. The Saga of Carl/Penny-Wiseguys 25. Brick Like Me/The Man Who Grew Too Much 26. Bart’s New Friend/Simpsorama 27. Halloween of Horror/Every Man’s Dream 28. 22 for 30/Trust but Clarify 29. Flanders’ Ladder/Grampy Can Ya Hear Me 30. Baby You Can’t Drive My Car/101 Mitigations
    I think that thoughts may differ, because so many people, so many opinions.

3. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

Sub-mediocre artist Venomrabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Homer has many lifelong dreams, so I guess this fits. I wonder when the last time they did the "Your lifelong dream was to (x) and you did it" gag. It seems more like it'd be something forgettable though, mostly because I'm not sure how much you can do with boat ownership. Given how ignored a lot of the side cast gets (no doubt in favour of guest stars) I wonder if they'll even have the Sea Captain appear. Maybe if he's involved with that subplot there might be something memorable about it.

As for the second one, it's a little worrying they had to specify "vicious". Might end up with another showing of Lisa not giving the slightest crap about the people her actions can and will hurt... that gorilla looks pretty huggable though, not gonna lie.

5. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

As far as I know, Homer dreaming to own a boat isn't really something they made up now. For instance, I'm thinking of the opening scene to 'Lisa The Skeptic' when he was excited about the thought of getting a motorboat and got bitterly disappointed when finding out the police raffle giveaway was a ruse so it would seem like having a boat was always one of his dreams so to have a plot about him finally getting one makes sense.

The Lisa plot doesn't seem as good and could be a dud, but the gorilla aspect makes it interesting so maybe it'll be decent (but I don't get the use of "vicious" in the plot description; it couldn't possibly be the gorillas since they are far from vicious animals).

7. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

Blog Entries

That and Homer's had crazier lifelong dreams, that probably are more spur-of-the-moment than actual lifelong dreams and are just as quickly forgotten, like being on that Gong show. Guess that's a big part of while "Homer gets (x) job" is a bit overdone, it's not exactly out of character for Homer to get caught up in all these different things.

9. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

Marge the Lumberjill

Either it's very good, or one of the worst episode in this season.
    On the one side, it looks fresh and it may reveal Marge as different charachter, spending time with new LGBT l̶o̶v̶e̶ friend and making new for her activity. On the other side, it's writen by Ryan Koh (the last effort is The Winter of Our Monetized Content).
    On te one side, I love, when Homer do something to show his love for Marge. On the other side, we have many examples of bad execution of it.

Hmm... My expect is 3/5

11. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

The episode should be good as I find the premise an interesting one (I like it when Marge shows some strength as a character, this time even physically so & her forming an actual friendship seems nice), but still, the fact that it is penned by Ryan "Singin' In The Lane" Koh makes me worry about how it'll turn out. Holding my thumbs for this one.

13. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

Hercules Rockefeller Homer Samson's Avatar

I am not excited for this one. I think that the idea of Homer thinking some lesbian woman is stealing his wife sounds like a bad fanfiction. And even if they revealed that Marge was bisexual, it is literally the 31st season, that would just seem like a ratings trap.
    Best and Worst Episode per Season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish/Bart's Dog Gets an 'F' 3: Bart the Murderer/Saturdays of Thunder 4: Homer the Heretic/So Its Come To This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Lady Bouvier's Lover 6: Homie the Clown/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Raging Abe Simpson and his Grumbling Grandson in " The Curse of the Flying Hellfish"/Scenes From the Class Struggle in Springfield 8: The Springfield Files/The Old Man and the Lisa 9: The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson/Miracle on Evergreen Terrace 10: Mayored to the Mob/Homer Simpson in: Kidney Trouble 11: Grift of the Magi/Eight Misbehavin' 12: Trilogy of Error/I'm Goin' to Praiseland 13: The Blunder Years/The Lastest Gun in the West 14: Moe Baby Blues/The Strong Arms of the Ma 15: My Mother the Carjacker/Co-Dependent's Day 16: The Heartbroke Kid/Homer and Ned's Hail Mary Pass 17: The Seemingly Never-Ending Story/The Bonfire of the Manatees 18: The Mook, The Chef, The Wife, and Her Homer/The Boys of Bummer 19: Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind/Husbands and Knives 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Lisa the Drama Queen 21: The Squirt and the Whale/The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fight Before Christmas 23: The Book Job/Lisa Goes Gaga 24: The Saga of Carl/Love is a Many-Splintered Thing 25: Brick Like Me/What to Expect When Bart's Expecting 26: Sky Police/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Barthood/Every Man's Dream 28: 22 for 30/The Caper Chase 29: Flanders' Ladder/Singin' in the Lane 30: Woo-hoo Dunnit?/I Want You (She's So Heavy)

Blog Entries

It's kinda funny, Al Jean had said something about Lisa possibly being Bi in an interview but when it comes to an episode actually exploring that, it's about Midge.

But hey, at least it might mean Marge getting super turned on by Lady Gaga kissing her might actually have some meaning and only be mostly self aggrandising.

16. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

It's nice to have some little debates here. It was my main intention when I created the post.

Unfortuntaley, I won't write my previews for some of the upcoming episodes because I'll have a tough schedule during november. But I think Marge the Lumberjill has many tickets to be one of the worst episodes of the season. I mean, it's a Ryan Koh script (although I'm convincing myself he is not as bad as I thought, but still he don't transmit trust to me), and it apparentely will be focused in my least favorite Marge's kind of stories: she feels empty her life. And with the agreggate of a possible marriage problem, which is much probably in a show that have so many of these episodes and still didn't have one this season...

Affortunately we'll have no one, TWO Matt Selman's episode after it.

Blog Entries

Well it is a good thread to do that sorta thing. Also saves on clogging up the information threads too much this way!

I'm not sure how to feel about Midge the Lumberjill who's not okay. Usually I'd say she's better in episodes where she is the focus as opposed to a marriage crisis where she's more or less a glorified obstacle... but they're possibly throwing one in anyway. Best case scenario, there was no crisis to begin with and Homer is just being paranoid. It doesn't look like it'll be great but I'm expecting thanksgiving of horror to end up worse, that one just sounds way too silly... especially when sharing a name with Halloween of Horror at that, it's already a bit of a letdown.

19. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

Well, I'm cauptiosly optimistic with Thanksgiving of Horror. The third story sounds terrible, but after all it could be a fresh episode, that don't have to be worried for continuity or the rules of the series, and it's a Dan Vebber script showrunner by Matt Selman, with have a perfect antecedent (The Book Job). I'll write more about it when we have more information.

Junior Camper horatio huffnagel's Avatar

I think “The Incredible Lightness of Being A Baby” is shelved because it’s potentially the second Simpsons movie script start. Unless you guys have heard when it is airing I think it makes sense . You have a good maggie story this time, you can flesh out homer, burns and Cletus’ helium story quite a bit and finally, the kids haven’t been touched yet so there’s either another story there, or they can come into Maggie’s story or whatever. They have options with it. What do you guys think?

Living' La Pura Vida

Another travel episode, descripsion of what doesn't sound good.
    Main plot (During the vacation at Costa Rica "Homer befriends Patty's new girlfriend, Evelyn"): actually, I doubt in this. there is little that can be more interesting than another usual trip to somewhere. On the other side, the last time Brian Kelly written a Selman-runned episode was The Serfsons in season 29 (maybe be something good). Meh...3/5
    Sub-plot ("Lisa tracks down the real reason the Van Houtens can go on this trip every year"): It can be interesting, but I think, this will not receive enough attention. So 2/5.
    SO, my expect for entire episode is 2.5/5

Livin' La Pura Vida
    Neither last year's Heartbreak Hotel, nor the recent Go Big or Go Homer satisfied my high expectations and both of them turned out in the 2.5/5 range. Also, The Clown Stays in the Picture was one of the worst episodes of season 30 when I supposed it was going to be at least acceptable. Matt Selman is disappointing me frecuently but I can't avoid feel more optimistic with his efforts.

This time, we'll have two concepts that Matt used sometimes and always in a great way: the "Simpsons are going to" premise (Antartic, Iceland, Boston) and the use of a member of Van Houtens family (The War of Art, There Will Be Buds or Bart vs. Itchy & Scratchy). So, besides my irrational optimism with some other episodes, this time there is a good record that justified my cautiously high expectations. But, at the same time, I'm starting to believe he suffered a drop-in-quality and is not much reliable what he have done in the past. Besides the work of Selman, this is a script by Brian Kelley, who is one of the most consistent writers these days. He's not a total guarantee either, but he has an interesting ratio of remarkable episodes over forgettable ones, especially during the last eight years.

The plot seems overloaded, with is not a bad sign in an Selman's episode. We'll have The Simpsons trying to afford a trip during the first act, which could be a strong way to start the story. We'll have Patty in a new romantic interest and Homer at the middle/on a side of them, in a part of the plot that will be another exploration to LGBT+ world. We'll have Lisa trying to understand of why Van Houtens do this travel each year, in a part of the story surely will be transcendental in the quality of the episode, since it is the most anticipated part, possibly with suspense and mystery. And then, surely, a little about Selma's loneliness and some comments about Costa Rican's culture. Hopefully, it won't be another vacation in which Homer ruins everything.

So, I am looking forward for this episode. But I don't want to be dissapointed again. I hope a 3/5 for this one.

Going by what we know and have seen of 'Livin La Pura Vida' makes it feel like it'll be an decently alright one, though maybe it could turn out better than that due to Selman's involvement. It does seem little more promising than 'Marge The Lumberjill' despite having more things going on.

Thanksgiving of Horror

On the one side, this can be one of the best episodes of this season, if it will include all, that Selman and h̶i̶s̶ ̶r̶e̶t̶w̶e̶e̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶c̶o̶l̶l̶e̶g̶u̶e̶s Co promise. On the other side, the first description of episode didn't make me look forward to it.
    First segment ("the first Thanksgiving") - depending only on promo images (with The Simpsons turkeys and Wiggum-zombie), it may be really decent and even the best of 3 segment. However, I'm afraid it can turn in like the first Christmas from Simpsons Christmas stories 3/5
    Second segment ("an A.I. mishap") - Just can't imagine, how it can be connected with Thanksgiving? (if anything, I didn't watch Black Mirror, it's going to look like) My guess it'll meh. 2/5
    Third segment ("a dangerous space mission complicated by a sentient cranberry sauce") - this one sounds the most weird, though it can be good segment. 2/5

Avarage guess is 2.5/5
    Last edited by The B; 11-21-2019 at 10:43 PM.

THANKSGIVING OF HORROR

I'm a declared fan of Matt Selman. For that reason, I always was waiting for a Treehouse oh Horror show-run by him. But since that is apparently impossible, it will be nice to have a kind of special to supplant my wish. A Thanksgiving-horror trilogy is a nice twist to the traditional tradition this series has had since 1990. Last time Matt explored Halloween, we obtained one of the best episodes of the whole series. I wonder if this one could be on par of best Halloween specials.

Treehouse of Horrors isn't solvent anymore. Throughout the last fifteen years, when we add up forty-five segments, I only have given five 5/5, one of them of this year, and just because I absolutely love the TV show they parodied there. The biggest problem in most segments nowadays is that they aren't horrific. They just limited themselves to make parodies to anything, no matter if it is about horror or not. This episode promises to hide that trend. If you center your attention in character's expressions, you surely can feel their madness, their fears, their dismay. That work will be surely great because direction rotation blessed us with Rob Oliver, but I wonder if the writing will accompany him. Another problem of modern Treehouse of Horror is the structure of three acts and a half. But since we know nothing about an overlong intro I'm optimistic this won't happen here. This one tries to be exactly like a Treehouse of Horror, just changing the name. It will have a title card gag -which I expect to be short-. It will have thematic name credits. It already has an impressive promotional poster. And it will have three segments.

We don't have too much information about the segments. But we know there will be variety. The first one is set in the first Thanksgiving, and we will have great Simpsons designs as turkey being pursued by Gorgory. Then, in the most anticipated segment to me, the Black Mirrorish segment parodying season two's finale. It promises to take the worst of Marge, so I'm really interested to watch it. I frankly don't know what to think about the third segment. It sounds awful, but you simply can't take for granted that a Selman's episode will be bad. Animation in that one seems perfect though.

It has the potential to be excellent and also to be a complete disappointment. I won't believe it if Matt Selman less pass this opportunity. Not preview ratings for this one. I'm disorientated.

Todd, Todd, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me

When I first read the synopsis, the story seemed wonderful to me. Here is the excited Todd-centric conflict, and religion theme figures, and another come-to-think sweet moments.
    But, on the other side, the last (and only yet) "Flanders one child" episode (with Rodd) was sub-plot in "Bart Has Two Mommies", where Ned's behaviour looked curved, though entirely episode was... decent.
    Other note, TTWHTFM is writen by Tim Long and his wife. Their last episode was "D'oh Canada", which was good.

In summary, despite the possible bad moments, I'll risk to follow first impresions and expect for 5/5. (I very hope not to be wrong)

28. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

Blog Entries

It seems a bit... late, about a decade or more late. And there's already signs it's going to be unpleasant (kicking Todd out of the house, really?)

With how pointlessly cruel the show's been with most episodes this season I'm probably not going to have any patience for insincere emotional moments. I'm not sure the crew as it is will even be capable of anything sweet.
    It's all in the execution but this looks like either a 1/5, a 2/5 or a 5/5 without any wiggle room inbetween.

Everthing about 'Todd, Todd, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me' that has been revealed makes it sound interesting and promising. It's been so long since a story centered around one of the Flanders' kids and with Ned episodes (which there also hasn't been one of in a while) usually being pretty enjoyable this has a good chance of succeeding at least somewhat. I'm guessing a 4/5 (maybe rounded up from 3.5/5).

31. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

Blog Entries

The more I think about it the more I feel like it's gonna be a hard 1/5. Episodes may not have much of a bearing on continuity but they don't exist in a vacuum either. And really considering just last episode they exploded Maude's head as a "haha fuck you" death and Todd was probably amongst the many children gorily slaughtered (and then sided with the monster that killed them) for no other reason than an obsessive violent hatred of every kid not named Lisa... yeah suddenly turning around and trying to do an "emotional" episode is gonna feel hella insincere.
    Last edited by Venomrabbit; 11-26-2019 at 09:51 AM.

Regarding the part about Lisa trying to convert Todd to Buddhism, I hope they will do that justice and not have Lisa come off as pushy and unlikeable & actually sincerely doing it because she thinks it would be good for him.
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 11-30-2019 at 07:13 AM.

Blog Entries

It would be a lot better if she did what she herself set out to do when she changed: encourage Todd to find something that really speaks to him and then he picks Buddhism. he's not much of a free thinker. Unless maybe that's exactly what pushes Todd to go back to the Flanders'. Would be an interesting twist if he just shelved religion altogether. I mean, Lisa has already had quite a lot of unlikable moments this season and the last so, I guess one more couldn't hurt. She's fittingly become pretty spoiled, that she'll do bad things simply because she'll either be allowed to or rewarded for it.

Speaking of, Todd going and living with the Simpsons had better be his idea, but it looks from the promos that he's being thrown out in which case it's gonna be hard to want them to make up. Or at least have them blow up as hard as they can at each other and Ned immediately regretting it but thinking Todd wouldn't forgive him or something.

I mean, even with the terrible aftertaste of last week, I'm gonna do my best to be fair to this one as it is a good idea (just... terribly timed in more ways than one, considering also how long ago Maude died) and I wonder if he'll bring up Edna too. But it already looks like there's a lot of potential pitfalls and well, very little about this season gives me faith that they won't fall right into them. Guess if worst comes to worst I'll just hold off on giving a rating and come back to it way later.

35. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

TODD, TODD, WHY HAST THOU FORSAKEN ME?
    I've given just a few times three 5/5 in a row. All of them were between seasons 6 and 8, during my favorite years of the show. Todd, Todd, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me? has the opportunity to break the streak. But I think that's almost impossible.

It was written by Tim Long (and Miranda Thompson) and showrun by Al Jean. And, you know, that's not a good sign. Going back to their record, most of his contributions were quite mediocre, some of them offensively awful. But that doesn't mean they are not capable to make a great episode, like were their first one (Half-Decent Proposal) or something enjoyable like was Bart Stops to Smell the Roosevelts, for example.

Going inside the premise, the plot, and the promotional images, there are some promising aspects but others are ominous. I love the idea of this series finally exploring atheism. They've never deepened about that and it's something which surely some of we will feel identified.  A member of the Flanders family is an obvious but sure choice. I wonder if they will be able to keep neutrality or if it will be another religious sermon covert in an episode of the Simpsons. Hopefully, we'll have jokes and criticism against both sides. Another aspect that generates high expectations for me is the return of some deceased characters, like Mona Simpson and Maude Flanders. However, I'd dare to say the highlight of the episode will be in Jesus and/or God's cameos, which have never disappointed me. Finally, I'm quite optimistic about Homer's role here. I wonder how will be focused on his relationship with Ned Flanders here and how far they can carry Todd living with The Simpsons. I hope they used it a lot because it's a great opportunity for that.

Among the aspects that worry me, the main one is Lisa's function. Most people hate her when she believes she is right and every else is wrong. I hope this won't be another hit to a character who has received a bad treat sometimes during the last years. Also, it seems as if Ned Flanders will occupy again the role of a mad obsessive religious. Throw his son from his house because he takes another way is stupid. I can see the relationship between the plot and the parable of the prodigal son, but I don't know how it could work.

Yeah, it could be a really good episode. At least it will try something about atheism and it will put the Flanders family in the center of the storm one more time. I have my doubts but I will trust in Tim Long (I don't know why). I wait for a 4/5 although I won't be surprised if it is just a 3/5

Blog Entries

I'd say I'd be fine with obsessive religious nut Flanders in this ep if it finally puts that to bed... but then I remember I thought that about Every Man's Dream regarding Marriage Crisis plots.

I think I might be ready to approach this one openly... but it's still going to hard to overlook Maude's death throughout the show being more of a punchline than anything else. Again, considering her treatment just before this, it's going to take a lot to make it come off as remotely genuine, which is why I wish they also bring up Edna since at least she was taken seriously (for good reason) and I'm curious as to what the catalyst is since he's been fine with the big guy in the sky for 20 or so years.

At least I'm not expecting anything offensively god-awful like last week but then I don't really know what I'm expecting anymore.

It wouldn't be hypocritical if they treat seriously Maude's death here. All the commotion about how Thanksgiving of Horror used some secondary characters doesn't have sense for me since it was a non-canon horror special. I'm sure this one will be more emotional and they will handle under a sentimental perspective her death (something they didn't do at all way back in season 11)

Blog Entries

Well that's what I mean, even ignoring that episode, her death was more or less a punchline a lot of the time, like when Bart and Lisa are playing with T-Shirt cannons and one smashes Maude's picture, even the way she died was a rather mean spirited joke.
    Last edited by Venomrabbit; 12-01-2019 at 02:48 PM.

Yeah, I agree about that. Most jokes about Maude's death weren't subtle (that doesn't necessarily mean them were bad) but I think that is a consequence of how superficial they were them when they handled her deceased in Alone Again, Natura-diddly. Anyway, if this episode explores how Maude's death affected her kids under an emotional/touching perspective, I'd be thankful for finally get it instead of critic it to be hypocritical. I don't know if I'm expressing myself correctly.

Blog Entries

Nah I get you. I don't think it's going to be impossible but the ep really has its work cut out for it...

Thread Information