Thread: the death of stalin

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

direct floor engagement friendswithsalad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

the death of stalin

i am excited to see this on friday

Chatting Simpsons Since '93 Brad Lascelle's Avatar

I caught this film at TIFF last month. It's a pretty entertaining romp. Very Monty Python-esque.
    Glad to see Jeffrey Tambor shine in a meaty role outside of Transparent and Arrested Development.
    SEASON 31 RANKINGS
    The Winter of Our Monetized Content - 1.5/5 / Go Big or Go Homer - 2.5/5 / The Fat Blue Line - 3.5/5
    THOH XXX = Danger Things - 2.5/5 / Heaven Swipes Right - 1.5/5 / When Hairy Met Slimy - 2/5
    Gorillas on the Mast - 3.5/5 / Marge the Lumberjill - 2/5 / Livin' La Pura Vida - 5/5
    THANKSGIVING OF HORROR = A-Gobble-ypto - 3/5 / The Fourth Thursday After Tomorrow - 5/5 / The Last Thanksgiving - 3.5/5
    Todd, Todd, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me? - 3.5/5 / Bobby, It's Cold Outside - 2.5/5 / Hail to the Teeth - 1.5/5
    The Miseducation of Lisa Simpson - 2/5 / Frinkcoin - 3/5 / Maggie Simpson In "Playdate with Destiny" - 4/5
    Bart the Bad Guy - 5/5 / Screenless - 2/5 / Better Off Ned - 2.5/5 / Highway to Well - 4/5
    The Incredible Lightness of Being a Baby - 2.5/5 / Warrin' Priests - 2/5 / The Hateful Eight-Year-Olds - 4.5/5 / The Way of the Dog - 5/5

Moe is their leader. Captain_Smiley's Avatar

Looks good. Can't wait to see it.

Classic Simpsons Guy Evil Monkey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

looks decent. might give it a watch.

direct floor engagement friendswithsalad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i saw it, good movie.

massive disagree with python-esque comment above. this is super bleak in places. doesn't hide from horrors of stalinism and particularly beria at all.

still v funny though.

I loved this movie. One of the few great films of this last decade, at least.

It's one of my favorite movies from recent memory that I rewatch frequently. It also feels like a history lesson with its over the top introductions of the main characters.

You're BoJack Horseman, no cure for that.

Thread Information