Thread: Mike Judge Presents: Tales from the Tour Bus

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Mike Judge Presents: Tales from the Tour Bus

Mike Judge is back with another animated series based on country music stars and outlandish stories. The premise is weird, but I did see a trailer for it and I'm a sucker for Mike Judge, so I'm excited to see this new series.

Really wish I had Cinemax or some way to stream the show legally on Friday nights when it releases next week.

You're BoJack Horseman, no cure for that.

Nelsa Garbage BloodySimpsonChibi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sounds interesting but I'm more excited for Disenchantment
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaine View Post
    I'd imagine patting Lisa on the head would sting, damn kids with their spiky heads.

Blog Entries

Here's the trailer

Any word on how long the run time of this is? I know WWE has an animated show kinda like this called "Story Time" that debuted last year and iirc it's like an 11-15 minute thing made up of a handful of anecdotes. Wonder if it'll be something like that or if it's like a full half hour show with each episode being dedicated to an individual artist.
    How to remaster

Turns out the runtime is about 28 minutes, since Cinemax doesn't have commercials IIRC.

Watched the first episode this morning and fell in love with its storytelling. The animation is similar to the squigglevision best remembered from Dr. Katz, Professional Therapist, but the mix of live-action and animation is so natural that it isn't much of a problem. The documentary style tells a good story chronologically, usually from the perspective of people who toured with the featured musician. I'm excited to watch more of the show as I've never been solidly entertained about a genre I usually don't much care for.

Birthplace of the Flaming Moe Welcome to Moe's's Avatar

Looks good but I do wish they'd continue with more Beavis and Butthead, the 2011 series was awesome!!

'"Uh, Hugh Jass! D'oh, somebody check the men's room for a Hugh Jass"

Great. You reviewed the show with just two words and made a majority about another good show. Keep it there, please.

Not a lot to say about it, it looks good, that's it. I'm more interested in seeing Beavis & Butthead than seeing this which is my vibes on it.

I'd have to see more to be honest.

You'd have to watch it, for one. I've watched all episodes to date and it's pretty enjoyable. It isn't that funny but it's fun if you like documentaries. I love 'em, and I love Mike Judge's auteurism.

Yeah definitely. Is this on Netflix by any chance? I'm in the UK too so might not have it over here but if I can get it on my TV will definitely give it a watch and thank you

Thread Information