Thread: Pitch Your Simpsons Video Game Ideas

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Pitch Your Simpsons Video Game Ideas

Do you have an idea for a Simpsons video game? Pitch your ideas here!
    "I got food poisoning today. I don't know when I'll use it."
    -Steven Wright

Here's mine: A Simpsons Turn-Based RPG.

I think it would be super cool to walk around Springfield fighting villains, playing side quests, and meeting Simpsons characters.

The story is Kang and Kodos are invading Springfield.

You always have Homer, and you can add two other people to your party. You recruit more characters over time. (Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, Milhouse, Moe, Krusty, Mr. Burns, Sideshow Bob, and Willy would be everyone. Some are unlocked through the main story, some through optional side quests.)

Each character has different attacks and abilities. (Bart has a slingshot as a main attack, Homer can throw a "soda/pop rocks bomb" as a special attack, Burns can release the hounds as a special attack.) Also, each character can summon an assist character who helps out for a few turns. (Marge can summon Maggie, Krusty can summon Mr. Teeny, Bart can summon Santa's Little Helper, etc.)

You collect famous Simpsons items which help you in different ways. (Donuts heal you, Powersauce bars raise your defense, Plutonium Rods raise your strength.)

You'd be able to explore most of Springfield, as well as travel to other famous areas like Shelbyville, Itchy & Scratchy Land, and Cypress Creek. (Imagine a Hank Scorpio boss battle!)

What do you think? And do you have any other ideas?

3. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Zim999

Blog Entries

I have no idea what the game would be about but I would do a throwback to the early 90s 16-bit games.

Blog Entries

a game where you play as sideshow bob trying to kill krusty and/or bart.
    Fuck Donald Trump. #NotMyPresident

Awesome topic.
    My idea would be basically a Springfield open world. You can pick a character, and literally gain cash/points by doing that characters day by day tasks/job, with the power to also do anything you want. Make the map huge, with multiplayer online, interacting with fans using characters all over the world. Sound good?

Blog Entries

The Simpsons: Hit N Run remaster, with an optional feature for classic graphics (with updated everything ofc) or cel-shading
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliot76 View Post
    don't feel threatened by a dude who gargles mayonnaise

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I wish Simpsons Arcade game would be re-released on the PSN.
    Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

I tried watching a new episode the Simpsons, but I realized the show hit a new low, like a brand new, underground parking structure of sadness.

Blog Entries

i wish it would be released on the wii u shop so no one can obtain it

The Simpsons All-In

This would be a game that would be open world, like a previous poster had posted. However, this one would have you playing as Bart for one part of the game (missions and side missions) and then move onto Homer, Lisa and lastly Marge. It would have you playing as the characters but the missions and side missions would be storylines from actual episodes (for one of Bart's first missions will be the Bart the General episode and episodes like that.) You can unlock vehicles just like Hit and Run (unlock the rocket car Bart used in Hit and Run by doing that episode, Homers Plow in the plow portion of his missions etc)

Then you'd also have the possibility of DLC where you can play missions for side characters (Fat Tony, Skinner, Krusty etc)

Quote Originally Posted by DY View Post
    Awesome topic.
    My idea would be basically a Springfield open world. You can pick a character, and literally gain cash/points by doing that characters day by day tasks/job, with the power to also do anything you want. Make the map huge, with multiplayer online, interacting with fans using characters all over the world. Sound good?
    I love the idea of a Simpsons MMO! I just really worry about the character creation. Specifically, how many options there are.

If they give you the option to completely customize and decorate your character, there will be players with character-specific features everywhere. Homer's beard, Bart's hair, Krusty's clown makeup, etc. If everyone has goofy, character-specific features, it won't feel like Springfield.

At the same time, if you only have a few options for your character, everyone will look like dull background characters. It'll be hard to tell people with similar hair and skin color apart. That's no fun.

Anyone have any ideas to fix that?

Killa

The Simpsons Game PC

I really want to make The Simpsons Game: PC. But not just like a copy/paste version, sorta like THUG Pro if you are familiar with that. Basically it will use its core mechanics with new ones like online multiplayer, improved Springfield map, the option to change characters (like play as Apu with Bart's super powers) and etc. I might make it a thing but I know nothing about Unreal Engine 4 what is what I wanna use. I might make a thread where people can join in the project and pitch in ideas but it'd be something I have to spend a lot of time working on and researching, y'know.
    I too wash myself with a rag on a stick.

You play as Lisa in the quest to catch the Cat Burglar and reclaim your saxophone. At your disposal is the seemingly ordinary jar that Homer gives you... but it's no ordinary jar! it's the Jar... of Time! (still only plays two notes though)
    Even the noblest concerto can be stripped of its beauty and soul

Birthplace of the Flaming Moe Welcome to Moe's's Avatar

I'm not sure but I'd definitely like something for sure, I do feel that we need a new Simpsons game on the new consoles so would love to see one.

I actually really liked the simplicity of The Simpsons Arcade, for some people this isn't enough, but for me I just like things like that a little more than when they over complicate things which just makes it a bit tedious sometimes, sometimes we just wanna play a fun little game which The Simpsons are cool for.

I'd also like to see a game that involves lots of the characters and it would be nice to see the rarer characters too, such as Mr Bergrstrom for example, Dr Marvin Monroe, Frank Grimes, Jacques, Ms Botz etc... as well as many characters like Carl and Lenny, Moe so on and so forth. Basically a game by fans of the show who would know about these characters.

Also, a point and click kinda game would be quite cool too, where you can really explore Springfield, go to Moe's etc.. and interact with loads of characters, so probably something like that really.

'"Uh, Hugh Jass! D'oh, somebody check the men's room for a Hugh Jass"

With the new and better technology and game engines out today, I would love another game like Road Rage or Hit & Run, except with a truly huge and open world. One with no levels or loading, but different areas and districts to explore.

16. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Zim999

Birthplace of the Flaming Moe Welcome to Moe's's Avatar

I don't think I ever played this but if they did something like this, I think it would be awesome!

Man, I just want a good adventure game. I kind of loathe TellTale for their business practices but they could really do the series justice.

Thread Information