Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Birthplace of the Flaming Moe Welcome to Moe's's Avatar

I'm really looking forward to this, it's getting massive praise from the critics and the fans to quite an outstanding level already. They've really nailed it with this and are quite an example to how these should be done!!

Should be released any time now, my guess is early towards mid next year

Quote Originally Posted by kellyanne conway View Post
    apparently they have confirmed this was animated entirely by hand

http://nickalive.blogspot.com/2017/0...tic-cling.html

that's interesting, the first major animated project to be animated by hand since edd ed n eddy nearly 15 years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by JigSam View Post
    wow visually that looks super good. can't believe it's cel based. thats nuts. was saying i can't imagine the rocko style in digital and i guess nick can't either. premise is cool too but yeah hope they don't just nail it into your head like this for the whole runtime
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomog View Post
    Hand-drawn holy shit
    Yeah, Joe Murray confirmed this on his blog a bit back saying they were going to do it this way.

'"Uh, Hugh Jass! D'oh, somebody check the men's room for a Hugh Jass"

Blog Entries

Wow! I can tell this is gonna be pretty good!

Looks great, altho if they've been in space since 1996, that kinda negates the ending of Camp Lazlo.
    Pokemon Moon Friend Code 5473-2104-2310
    Looking for shiny, legendary, and mythical. Got shiny Sandshrew (Alola)
    Have various starters, zorua, can breed many pokemon.
    Current egg move hatching: Tyrunt with fire fang

Birthplace of the Flaming Moe Welcome to Moe's's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by angeldeb82 View Post
    Wow! I can tell this is gonna be pretty good!
    Yeah, I think it's fair to say that Rocko is one of the most underrated shows out there, it's pretty much up there with The Simpsons and I don't say that easily. I just think the show never really had the exposure The Simpsons did but if you look back on it again, you can see the quality of the show with it's wit and humour etc.. it's kind of in the same way The Simpsons do it, they're very clever.

I think it's quite hard to do that really to create a show where it's technically seen as family viewing but is pretty much more adult than anything, without being obvious to those who won't get it. It's great and the show should be good

Blog Entries

lost media wiki, here we come
    Fuck Donald Trump. #NotMyPresident

Blog Entries

They’ve already finished it, so why can’t they just release the damn thing
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Of course, Nickelodeon was going to pull some shit like this.

I guess they required the slot for Kid Danger reruns, which is plain absurd, particularly in that the EML special sounded as if it at least contained some semblance of actual effort.

Hell yes. I love this show, has to be one of my favorite Nick shows. Super hyped to see it back!

Blog Entries

Releasing on Netflix...

http://nickalive.blogspot.com/2019/0...ns-rockos.html

Why couldn't they do this a year ago!!!

Uh, I am a fan

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto (mattp) View Post
    Uh, I am a fan
    Ever see the episode "Jet Scream"?

yes, it was funny

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto (mattp) View Post
    yes, it was funny
    Ah, then you are a fan. A lot of "fans" started watching after 2001, when Nickelodeon pulled that episode, along with a couple of AAAHH!!! Real Monsters and four CatDog episodes, from airing after 9/11, presumably because somebody thought they had scenes that might trigger bad memories of some sort. (The CatDog episodes were put back in late 2003, but I don't think Jet Scream/Dirty Dog ever aired again - when Nicktoons used to air Rocko in 3-hour blocks every weeknight (before giving the early morning hours over to infomercials), the episode was the only one missing.)

Blog Entries

What is this rocko gatekeeping nonsense...?

17. Thumbs Up To This Post by: cam, Ryan

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So no one who watched Rocko after 9/11 is a "fan" (?) wh
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

19. Thumbs Up To This Post by: wh

Blog Entries

how could you be a fan of a comedic television show at such a depressing time as the post 9/11 world

Blog Entries

....well I for one am looking forward to static cling

Banned

I watched the special as soon as it came out and thought it was a great way to revive the show.

The humour's still intact, the plot was very good and there's an important lesson about change at the end.

Banned

And, is no one on this thread gonna mention that the special had a transgender sub-plot?

https://ew.com/tv/2019/08/07/rockos-...-trans-rachel/

I'm not really complaining though, I thought this is something worth mentioning.

Junior Camper

Loved the special. You can just tell when watching something whether or not the creators behind it cared, and it really shone through with this. Great piece of animation on its own, but at the same time stayed very true to the tone, themes, characters, and humour of the original 90s cartoon, while at the same time managing to bring it into, almost seemlessly, into the current era. There were a few nit-picks I didn't like, but then they were the same nit-picks I disliked in the original show (nothing can be perfect). I genuinely hope this gains popularity, because I would love to see an official revival, hopefully on Netflix, which would give them more liberties in tackling other modern issues. (I think they can probably do a better job than modern Simpsons tbh)

Quote Originally Posted by kwijibo View Post
    And, is no one on this thread gonna mention that the special had a transgender sub-plot?

https://ew.com/tv/2019/08/07/rockos-...-trans-rachel/

I'm not really complaining though, I thought this is something worth mentioning.
    I normally don't like when shows pull stunts like this..... but this might just have been the best handling of a trans character I've seen in... ANYTHING. Luckily it hadn't been spoiled for me before I watched the special so I was surprised (not so much surprised the character transitioned but that the show (still a kid's show) actual did that). It would've been so easy for this to come across as "pandering", but it was just the perfect amount of subtlety, the perfect amount of thoughtfulness, no cringy dialogue, no shoving anything in anyone's face, just presenting a real-life aspect of modern society, at face-value, in a honest, realistic way. I'm talking about a cartoon, and this portrayal of a trans character felt more believable than anything I've seen in live-action. The best part was how Rocko and co. reacted like it was no big deal. They didn't harp on about how "stunning and brave" Rachel was, they were just supportive and basically went "oh... cool." This can be used as a great example to other shows on how to do a queer character/storyline right.

I have seen a few people bitching. "They made RML woke and therefore ruined it!" RML always explored modern issues in a ridiculous cartoony setting. It's in the title. Dump it in 2019, and ofc it's going to take on something like this. I dislike shoehorning X-character into a show just to make your show look progressive as much as the next guy, but I can't understand people that want to pretend that X-character doesn't exist and doesn't want to see them in their shows, regardless of whether they're a decent character, like Rachel. Transpeople exist. They should be represented in various kinds of media. This is how you do it.

(Although on a sort-of sidenote: I'd be interested to see if Simpsons season 31 could handle an episode such as "Homer's Transphobia".)

Well, I watched it but I hate reviewing so I'll just say I liked it. The animation, music, and voices were good. Some of the jokes were weak/too obvious but I largely enjoyed the humor and feel like it didn't lose too much in all that time off-air. The worst thing about it was probably just the pacing of how fast everything happens and gets almost immediately resolved but those are time restraints I am sure. Loved the Rachel stuff. Tired of hearing whining whiners bitch about SJW this that. Incredibly ready for more Rocko.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

Thread Information