Thread: Tom & Jerry: Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

Tom & Jerry: Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory

Just... take a look. Maybe the most baffling creation ever, which is saying something in a time where we already have several movies of WWE crossing over with every Hanna-Barbera property it can.
    How to remaster

Meanwhile Gene Wilder rolls in his grave, laughing.

Blog Entries

this clip just raises more questions

so it's a tom and jerry cartoon... in willy wonka what the fuck

where's the wrestlers, bring em in

Blog Entries

TBH Tom & Jerry's brand of slapstick could've actually worked in a wrestling plot.

5. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Ryan, Startug

Movie of the year
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I like that it's not Tom and Jerry and the Chocolate Factory, but Tom and Jerry (presents): Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Could've easily had Tom steal Charlie's golden ticket and maybe done some originality with the source material, but nah, just remake the Gene Wilder movie w/ Hanna Barbera character shenanigans interspersed.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

Blog Entries

Wow, their still making those Tom and Jerry DTD movies after all these years? I figured they would have stopped by now. But is this all they are now, just weird, poorly done crossovers with other properties because they can't think of anymore original material to work ith? I think I remember seeing on Cartoon Network a couple of these DVD's films, and one of them was a crossover with Sherlock Holmes and another was with The Wizard of Oz, so I guess that's the case now.

But watching this trailer, I like how they clearly went out of their to copy as much from the 80's film as much as possible, from the design of Willy Wonka's factory to the outfits everyone wears, but apparently, they did not pay to use the likeness of any of the actors from that movie, so now we have characters like a Willy Wonka that only sort of vaguely resembles Gene Wilder.

I'm honesty surprised they haven't done a crossover with WWE yet. Like, I can see them do a film where Tom and Jerry somehow become a wrestling tag-team and have to use their wacky slapstick to win the WWE tag team championship.

Just in from a North Korea hack on WB:

Tom & Jerry will be doing the following films:
    Pulp Fiction (minus the dead nigger storage scene, which is replaced with a mouse stuck in a trap)
    White House Down
    Unstoppable
    The Interview
    The Producers
    Up!
    Singing in the Rain
    Citizen Kane

/s

10. Thumbs Up To This Post by: wiley207

I think a Looney Tunes take on Willy Wonka would've been more fun, and a bit original. Like have Daffy Duck play Willy Wonka or something. After all, Warner Bros. didn't really create Tom and Jerry; they created the Looney Tunes!

Blog Entries

If it's better than Tom and Jerry and the Beanstalk, it's automatically got my approval. I think it's gotten to the point where Hanna-Barbera is genuinely not sure what to do with the characters. "But we've got an expiring license, so hey, might as well use it, right?"

I don't know why but I really want to see this movie? It looks so bad that it will be good

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

With all these crossovers they are releasing, I'd like to see a "Tom & Jerry meets the Gremlins" movie; that could be an enjoyable romp.

Blog Entries

Can't say anyone has ever asked for a crossover between those two. Random and kind of dumb, but might be ok if done right?

I truly am distracted by the designs of the characters. I know it's meant to have a bit of that old style of design but they all look weird.

I'm still waiting for ''Tom & Jerry: District 9''.

Blog Entries

I don't really see a problem with it.

It's a fun way to introduce a brilliant story to a new generation and from the clips it doesn't look half bad.

Remember that these films are primarily aimed at children, so really we have no right to judge because as much as we want to deny it through our rose tinted goggles, we just aren't kids any more.

Let the new generation have fun with the things we loved as kids, think of it as a hand me down.

Blog Entries

I mean the art design is clearly meant to appeal to the older generations as well and trying the hit The sweet Nostalgia in them

This is HB trying to cash grab with no creativity whatsoever, easy target for a complainfest so i guess this aint suprising ?
    Even tho I would agree that some people need to :clam:
    o shit its 2021 and still havent posted on this forum

Stonecutter
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Startug View Post
    Just in from a North Korea hack on WB:
    topical
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerkass Homer View Post
    I guess this is the same Nicholson who did Joker in the Batman 1989 movie.

Thread Information