Thread: Artists you used to dislike, but not anymore

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Shocked Artists you used to dislike, but not anymore

I remember that I for the longest time used to call Carly Rae Jepsen a terrible artist, solely because of her song Call Me Maybe.

But after listening to her other songs it started turning around, and now I think she's fantastic. Today for instance, I had gotten so damn sad over something unfortunate happening to me, and completely lost control of my temper and acted like a shit against everyone.
    So for the first time in my life, I decided to listen to calming music before going to bed so I would get in a more peaceful mood. I picked E•MO•TION and Run Away With Me, the 2 songs I so far like the most from her. And the latter song especially was just so damn beautiful that for at least a while, I forgot about my own troubles and was just gripped by how (no pun intended) emotional these songs were in nature. Reminding me that life is not just all bad luck and depressing shit happening. It can be wonderful and have meaning as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

2. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Telso

Banned

Who the hell are you

Banned

But seriously tho, although not a band, I did change my opinion on "my people" and now I really enjoy it.

Blog Entries

John Delaney pencilled a ton of Simpsons comics, and I hated his style at first; the excessive use of shadows and wild expressions really got on my nerves. Recently I've warmed up to him and the stylized look. So many of the artists go for a bland barebones look, and I've realized that I like a little cartoonish diversity now and again.

I didn't like Adele when she first started because I found she had no personality and her songs all sounded the same. An example of her earlier work below

But now I actually love her. She's so much fun in all of her interviews and she pours out so much heart and emotion into all of her performances. Rolling in the Deep was the breakthrough which made me really enjoy Adele and even since then, I've really loved all of her work. Some examples of her best...

CONCLUSION: Adele is incredible

7. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Telso

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corgify View Post
    John Delaney pencilled a ton of Simpsons comics, and I hated his style at first; the excessive use of shadows and wild expressions really got on my nerves. Recently I've warmed up to him and the stylized look. So many of the artists go for a bland barebones look, and I've realized that I like a little cartoonish diversity now and again.
    I'm gonna build on this. I'm not mentioning him just because he has the same first name, but John Costanza used to by far be the most aggravating artist to me. Something about his style just came off as so weird and unfitting to the world of Simpsons Comics, or heck, Bongo in general. But after a few years I warmed up to his unconventional character drawings, even managing to find some charm in them. He still kinda rushed his art sometimes, but I like how he draws Homer's facial expressions for example. He's on top of that a pretty good inker, but that part of his tenure was shortlived. He stuck around for pretty long, but I thought it was sad when he stopped drawing after issue #203.

I used to like the guy who made a YouTube show called Father in London until it turned out he was basically Elliot Rodger in waiting

oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Probably something to do with never experiencing teen love.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Egg Council Creepy View Post
    Here's FIVE non-rock songs I like:
    Take On Me
    Hello
    Mad World
    Unreal Superhero 3
    Lisa Frank 420/Modern Computing
    So i'm not a rockist

oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Or so I heard.

Blog Entries

You heard wrong then.

What the fuck does this have to do with the thread? Jesus Christ, people.

Blog Entries

They’re talking about artists, it’s cool.
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Thread Information