View Poll Results: (Okay, I've gotten tired of thinking up clever poll questions)

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5: Fantasytic!

0 0%
  • 4/5: Good game fantasy.

0 0%
  • 3/5: They know how to throw a ball.

2 25.00%
  • 2/5: The Neverending Episode

2 25.00%
  • 1/5: Fantasy please-shoot-me-ball

4 50.00%

Thread: Rate & Review: Family Guy - Peter's Lost Youth

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rate & Review: Family Guy - Peter's Lost Youth

Peter doesn't like Lois upstaging him in fantasy baseball, while Stewie runs away from her babysitter when Meg is in charge.
    Last edited by OldSchoolerSimpsons; 03-26-2017 at 07:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

Wrote the book on flimflammin Grifty McGrift's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolerSimpsons View Post
    Peter doesn't like Lois upstaging him in fantasy football.

Blog Entries

Wrote the book on flimflammin Grifty McGrift's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Blog Entries

yeah this was nothing at all. like that meg plot went absolutely nowhere, sheesh. only gags i remember liking was baby boggs and the narration at the end. continuity with the recent cop ep was neat though.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

Blog Entries

The second worst episode of the season. It's not as annoying as Carter And Tricia, but it's still very unengaging. Both plots were wasted, especially the subplot which looked better than the main one. And seriously, we had three musical episodes (two which were nearly identical) and now we've had two baseball episodes. The plots are far from impressive. 5.5/10

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

1/5.I haven't watched FG since season 5 or 6 and I was home sick so I gave it a shot that was a poor decision.

Does anyone notice how casually they throw in these crappy jokes about how Peter and Lois have an awful marriage? Like when they mention that Peter's broken Lois' leg before? I don't know why I'm supposed to care about what these two go through when a lot of it comes off as Peter being this abusive monster and Lois having almost no backbone to speak of. I mean, Peter could have all the sob stories he wants about how he never got picked to be on teams when he was a kid, but I don't care about what he goes through anymore. Especially when he gets rewarded for breaking his wife's leg and then has her sleep on the couch after breaking her other leg. I mean, maybe if Lois was being cocky and getting way too competitive in an attempt to bring Peter down, I would have thought she deserved to get injured. And it would also bring back painful memories for Peter making him see how he continues to be outshined in sports. But instead, Lois just gets all the attention and acts humble, Peter becomes envious and deliberately hurts his own wife because he's a jackass, and we're just expected to sympathize with him because he shared a story right near the end about how he was too fat and pathetic to play sports as a kid.

The Stewie plot was alright, I guess. It's one of those cases where the writers want to treat him like a baby again but it doesn't really work because they rarely ever treat him like that anymore. I mean, when they were driving around town looking for Stewie, I was just wondering why they cared so much. Another reason why it didn't work for me is because Stewie and Meg don't have any relationship at all. If he ran away from.....Chris, then I think the plot would be better because in recent years, the writers have given them a genuine closeness. And doesn't Brian or Carter usually look after the kids? Why have Meg do it? 2/5

The Stewie plot could have been more epic if he had gone on a trip around the world and Meg,Chris and Brian would have gone thru drastic measures to find him. Also, Meg is the oldest of the kids and it makes sense for a change instead of Brian and I hope they work on the relationship between Meg and Stewie because I did like the ending.
    Peter was being his typical self. I had no sympathy for him.
    1 star for me.

Thread Information