Thread: Total Drama Discussion

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Wrote the book on flimflammin Grifty McGrift's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Total Drama Discussion

For some reason I've seen most of the seasons and it's actually not a bad show. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Grifty McGrift; 12-03-2017 at 08:12 AM.

This shit is still on? I had mild appreciation for the first season, but nothing further than that.

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

As a kid when it first aired, I liked the original Island Season. Part of it was just talking to friends about new episodes the next day (also betting on who would be eliminated next...till I found out half of them just watched the full Season online). The characters are mostly teen stereotypes, and the humor wasn't that funny, but it was decent enough to get invested in back then, and even now I'd probably be able to watch it just fine.

Action got pretty awful though, a combination of flanderizing characters, giving obvious eliminations (and episodes with no eliminations at all), and more awkward cartoonish shit happening more and more frequently. World Tour I liked parts of, though the problems with Action were still there, just less so. Revenge of the Island was okay, at least used a new cast, but by then my interest in the show was pretty much done. All Stars was okay at first, then became unwatchable once Mal came along. Pahkitew I simply forgot about watching 4 episodes in, just bored me. Doubt I'll finish that or Ridonculous Race.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

Blog Entries

I watched the show but dropped off during season 4. This was because of a web series called Battle for Dream Island, like TDI but better.
    You're a dolt with the IQ of a peabrain that probably loves lowbrow sitcoms like The Big Bang Theory, Frasier and Seinfeld to not grasp the biting satire and wit of the classic 65 (Rugrats).

Blog Entries

watched the first season when it aired on CN back in... 2008? enjoyed it enough, but it was nothing special. TDA premeried after that and it was pretty shit, and i haven't seen anything else of it since then. hardly remember any of it tbh

Blog Entries

Wait, is this show still going on? I haven't heard anything about it in like over a year or two, and I haven't seen any commercials for a new on Cartoon Network recently, so I assumed it got cancelled.

Anyway, I watched the original Total Drama Island season as a kid, and was a big fan out back then. But like a lot of people, I lost interest during the second season and started watching other shows, though from what I've heard online, I didn't miss much, since apparently most of the later seasons (especially Action and All Stars) were awful.

I did watch the Ridonculous Race when it came out, partly out of boredom, and partly because I was curious to see if it was any good (and since I heard it was a spin-off I figured I didn't need to watch the previous seasons to get the backstory). It was alright. I have no idea is it's just a one-off or if it's supposed to lead to more seasons, but again, I haven't heard any Total Drama news since Race.

Ill-Mannered Sack of Crap LosTickaToeRest's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sir hops View Post
    watched the first season when it aired on CN back in... 2008? enjoyed it enough, but it was nothing special. TDA premeried after that and it was pretty shit, and i haven't seen anything else of it since then. hardly remember any of it tbh
    Exactly this, I didn't even realize it was still running.
    Earth. Atomizer. Let's go.

Blog Entries

Well, it's technically not, as no word of a new season has been mentioned. But the last one was in 2015 so yeah.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Startug View Post
    This shit is still on? I had mild appreciation for the first season, but nothing further than that.
    Ditto. Leave it to someone Cleve Boy to still be watching to this day
    How to remaster

Blog Entries

Ummm I just checked it out again after I stumbled across it.
    Last edited by Grifty McGrift; 12-03-2017 at 08:13 AM.

I saw season 2, 3, and I think a bit of 4, but I dropped off pretty fast.

Thread Information