Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Tangled: The Series

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

@CousinMerl, You're fairly new to the series whereas I've been watching since shortly after it started, so believe me when I say that this hiatus of three months was nothing compared to the seven months between Happiness Is & Eugene & Max in Perils on the High Seas! that I and many others experienced firsthand.

I myself actually didn't know about the script pic until after Destinies Collide had aired. It will also be the next 45 minute episode which yeah considering the subject matter should be.

Yeah, I mean episodes like Rapunzel: Day One and Mirror, Mirror were enjoyable, but slightly hampered by the element of everyone fighting (especially the latter which replied on it for the plot). And I dunno about you, but You're Kidding Me! will remain the worst episode they did this year because the in fighting is driven to full force and I just get headaches whenever I think back to that one...

I agree with what you said about Angry/Kiera & Catalina (still referring to her exclusively as that). They brought as much to the show as Cassandra did.

Also, supposedly there's another episode airing next month but I've yet to see a reputable source confirm this outside of Google listings. But if proven true...

Islands Apart (1/19)
    After receiving a message from Owl, Rapunzel and Eugene travel back to the island of the Lorbs, where they reconnect with the Captain of the Guard.
    Family Guy Season 18 Ratings - Yacht Rocky: 1.5/5 Bri-Da: 2.5/5 Absolutely Babulous: 1.5/5 Disney's The Reboot: 1.5/5 Cat Fight: 1.5/5 Peter & Lois' Wedding: .5/5 Heart Burn: 1.5/5 Shanksgiving: .5/5 Christmas is Coming: 2/5 Connie's Celica: 0/5 Short Cuts: 2/5 Undergrounded: 1.5/5 Rich Old Stewie: 3.5/5 The Movement: .5/5 Baby Stewie: 0/5 Start Me Up: TBD Coma Guy: TBD
    American Dad! Season 16 Ratings - 100 Years a Solid Fool: TBD Downtown: TBD 4/27/20: TBD A Starboy is Born: TBD

@John95, I'll agree that 'You're Kidding Me!' wasn't too great and had several flaws (including that pointless infighting) but I wouldn't pick it as the worst episode this year. That has to go for 'Curses!' with that tired "character thinks they are cursed and starts suffering misfortunes due to their carelessness which makes them believe the curse even more" plot. Like I've said, it was just bland and kinda boring and an pointless, predictable detour (and it's a big case of Could Have Avoided This Plot right from the opening scene). I just didn't care for that one.

On Angry & red, I'm still not sure if I'm ready yet to switch to calling them Keira & Catalina (as I'm so used to those nicknames), but I guess I eventually will. Their appearances in the season have been highlights with the charm and humor that comes with them even when the episode isn't a really good one (such as 'Day Of The Animals') and 'Who's Afraid Of The Big Bad Wolf?' still stand out as one of my favorites (not sure about you though, but you seemed to like that one too).

'Island's Apart' does sound interesting, even though I wasn't fully into the leaf people storyline as said, though the Captain being involved might make things interesting (I'm wondering if there will be some Cass connection due to him being her adoptive father).

@CousinMerl, I can understand you and Curses! since that too is a bad episode, but for me it boils down to which episode makes me more uncomfortable when looking back on it, and for me it's You're Kidding Me!.

Yep, Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf? for me was the best episode they put out this year. And ironically the second year on a row where I felt that way regarding an episode with those two as Vigor the Visionary was my pick for the show's best episode last year.

@John95'Vigor The Visionary' was a fun one so I can see why you liked it so much (I did too). It was such a nice break from the drama and a good way to do an enjoyable detour episode.

Regarding 'Curses!', to sort of add insult to injury Disney did that curse plot again just recently with 'Star Wars Resistance'; the main character Kaz getting a "curse" put on him by some thug but shrugging it off, experiencing bad luck due to him being careless while his best friend constantly goes "It's the curse! You've gotta get rid of the curse!". Then it turns out that he always secretly believed he got cursed, he meets an moneygrubbing fortuneteller shyster (not unlike Madame Canardis on 'Tangled'), gets a good luck charm which he loses right before the climax but ends up pulling through without it, which makes him realize he was never cursed and everything is solved. This episode is, of course, my least favorite of that show so far (despite having its moments, like the return of one of the criminal gangs from Episode VII).

One of these lame, predictable curse episodes was enough this year but I got two during it's latter half (due to not starting Tangled before this August). All of them are mostly alike, follow the same storybeats and feel contrived, being pointless side stories trying hard to be funny.

@CousinMerl, From the sounds of it, it's like they looked at Curses! and said "Hey! We can do that, and make it worse too!".

And that's why Keeper of the Spire makes me as mad as it does because like you with the curse plot I detest the episodes that are "Character is annoying/unlikable for first two thirds, then suddenly sympathetic in the last third" especially since I have to put up with half of AD!'s episode count in any given year being those kind of episodes. And in the same year where that show had one of the worst examples of them doing that formula (The Mural of the Story), the last thing I wanted from this show was to do the exact same crap, with the only real upside being that Calliope at least isn't a total monster like Stan is in that episode. Though both of them get off scot free when they should've been punished severely!

@John95, believe me when I say that the SW Resistance episode was maybe even more contrived and ridiculous than the 'Tangled' one.

The worst part is, this time they really tried to sell that the curse was real, that with things going wrong even when he was not so careless or clumsy (when walking under a light it flickers and turns off, when driving his ship the gravity of the cockpit stops inexplicably stops working and he is blamed for letting the bad guy ship get away & an runaway crate carrier almost slams into him). At one point he is even shown having several of these small frog creatures (that are usually sold as food) biting and one foot stuck in a bucket on his way to try have the "curse" lifted. It was over the top (and the character have always been a bit of a goof, but this just felt undeservedly cruel).

I'd almost agree that it's like you said about them trying to do an worse version of the 'Tangled' episode (usually I really don't have issues when shows are doing lighter, softer filler episode with silly stuff, not even Star Wars, but this one did just not work).
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 12-23-2019 at 01:09 AM.

On another note, I read that they were gonna make an Christmas-themed episode but it remained unmade. Could've been an nice one.

https://twitter.com/RickyRoxburgh/st...80881430851584

Also, there was something I was thinking about after the news of the show returning on the 12th, @John95. I'm wondering if it might get overshadowed by the premiere of 'The Owl House' two days before that?

@CousinMerl, Yeah, it's possible that it might considering that that show's getting lots of promotion while this one barely gets any. In fact, when Frozen II came out which got people asking why Tangled doesn't have a sequel, they were surprised to learn about the series despite it being a thing for more than two and a half years now!

Shame that that episode never fully materialized, sounds like it would've made for a nice story.

And since you brought up this bit of behind the scenes info, here's some that I've learned over the past few months:
    * Eden Espinosa auditioned for Rapunzel in the original Tangled film because she always wanted to be in a Disney film but didn't get the part. So she was thrilled to be a part of this series.
    * Arianna and Catalina are named after the daughters of executive producer Chris Sonnenburg.
    * Crossing the Line had some additional lyrics that were never recorded due to time restrictions (https://mobile.twitter.com/slaterlyr...095232?lang=en).

@John95, you're right, the series doesn't have an impressive promotion at all (the fact that a lot of folks doesn't even know the film has a sequel series is certainly fallout from that), and with 'The Owl House' being rather well advertised it makes it even more of a possibility that it might take the top spot that week.

Those further bits of trivia are interesting. The last bit about the cut section of the song is probably my favorite. It's too bad that they never recorded the full version because then it surely would've ended up on the Season 3 soundtrack album.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DisneySch...95672815079433

Well, looks like when the show returns in a few weeks it'll be airing new episodes nonstop up through the finale on March 1st which will be a whopping 90 minutes!

Even though I've linked the source of this info, ideally I'd advise not looking at it until after the 26th as the titles might give away the outcome to Cassandra's Revenge and if you're like me in which you want to go into the episode not knowing how it'll end. The most I spoiled myself on was the title for the episode airing on February 9th, but it's just the titles and no synopsis' meaning it could be about anything.

That said, the link also pretty much confirms Islands Apart for the 19th meaning we now have the source of those scenes from the promo I linked recently.

Nice. Then it is like I expected. Them rushing non-stop toward the end was what I was thinking they'd do (sort of like 'Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil' but that was even bigger; how the hell did it even go so far with a year-long hiatus and then speeding through the entire Season 4 in a couple of months I dunno).

I only looked at the air dates and not the titles past 'Cassandra's Revenge', btw. It's good that the finale will be 90 minutes, though I guess that makes sense as it gives them the time for a proper closure to the series (and seeing as the series is a midquel it's also important they tie in with the 'Tangled Ever After' short, I guess; again, how I wish this series was a sequel instead).

@CousinMerl, Not sure how relevant this might be but long before the show there were talks of an actual sequel to the original film but was scrapped in favor of Tangled Ever After because they couldn't think of a way to advance the story past the film's ending. I guess that idea didn't involve the black rocks.

At this point, there's a possibility that some retconning might be done at the end of the series vs Tangled Ever After in order to have some of the characters from the series present. I'd previously been content with Cassandra not being there because she was likely on assignment, then after her betrayal I was jokingly like "OK Hookfoot, now it's your turn!" back when I was still bitter about how her (and Varian's) turn felt like it was simply for a reason to justify her absence.

Have Brain, Will Travel Wile E. the Brain's Avatar

Hey, just a quick message to say a word about some recent news, I'm sorry for my absence those last two weeks but I spent so much time with my family and the people I love during holidays, as well as being busy with my studies projects. So you know, a quick message to say to you guys that I haven't disappeared and even if I don't have the time to write, I still read your messages.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I'll feel a bit strange when the series will end in a couple of months, after following it since its beginning. But I'm glad it seemingly will have a proper ending, or at least one that seems long enough to put an end on everything this series launched, and make the link with Tangled Ever After. It's still amazing to think that this series has a better opportunity than SVTFOE had, I just don't understand considering the strong reputation of Daron Nefcy's series, that is probably more well-known than Tangled the series is. It's beyond me. But I definitely wonder how they will tie the finale with the short film, regarding Cassandra, Varian, Lance and some characters like Hook Foot. Maybe a new POV of the scene, just guessing.

But seeing that the show will have such a long finale seems to be a sign of how much attention was put into this series which at first could have been another nice yet forgettable Disney series based on an animated movie among others.
    It ate EVERYBODY, stupid !

The Winter of Our Monetized Content - 2/5 / Go Big or Go Homer - 2/5 / The Fat Blue Line - 3.5/5 / Treehouse of Horror XXX - 2.5/5 / Gorillas on the Mast - 3.5/5 / Marge the Lumberjill - 2/5 / Livin' la Pura Vida - 4/5 / Thanksgiving of Horror - 4/5 / Todd, Todd, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me - 2.5/5 / Bobby, it's Cold Outside - 2.5/5 / Hail to the Teeth - 1.5/5 / The Miseducation of Lisa Simpson - 3.5/5 / Frinkcoin - 2/5 / Bart the Bad Guy - 4/5 / Screenless - 3.5/5 / Better Off Ned - 1.5/5 / Highway to Well - TBA / The Incredible Lightness of Being a Baby - TBA

Nice to hear from you again, @Wile E. the Brain. I had the feeling you were still around and checked out our posts. Good to see you're back to posting.

@John95, I'd be all for them to retcon 'Tangled Ever After' out of canon existence Star Wars Expanded Universe style. Granted, I have yet to see that short but since this show is a quality series follow-up to a movie I'd really want them to do a completely new ending without feeling the need to build up to that short and have to line everything up perfectly with it at the horizon and the show having a Foregone Conclusion.

To be frank, they should just brand 'Ever After' as a Legends/"What if the show never happened?" scenario even if that would be convoluted, but it could be done somehow.

As usual it appear as though I'm the first to talk about the latest episode.

Pascal's Dragon was more or less what I figured it would be when it was first announced: A light and fluffy episode akin to something from early Season 1. Luckily, I got more out of this episode than Day of the Animals even if this one also likely won't amount to much in the long run.

I was half expecting there to be  another pre-credit stinger at the end possibly to set up the events for the next episode, but there wasn't and I'm actually fine with that as it would've been out of place like in Return of the King. That said, they do still sneak in an indirect reference to Cassandra at the end. 

So all in all, I enjoyed this one despite it not really being anything past my initial expectations of what it would be plus how it'll be easily overshadowed by the next two. But if this the last of these kind of lighter episodes we get (again, don't know what to expect past the 26th having still not looked at the titles), then so be it.

@John95, bear in mind that not everyone might be able to watch and give their thoughts right away and/or not have the episode available at the moment (such as in my case). Will return with my thoughts once I've seen it.

@CousinMerl, Understandable. I'll admit the way I saw this one wasn't the usual method due to said lack of availability (I usually download them off of other sites, but currently said sites accidentally put up Be Very Afraid again resorting to me watching it on YT where it's split into 16 minute and a half long chunks).

Well, I've seen the latest episode 'Pascal's Dragon' now. I'd say it wasn't a great episode by any means, but it was still a pretty nice, good fun standalone episode which had me entertained. As far as the dragon plot goes (being about Pascal finding and taking care of an weird orb that turns out to be a dragon egg, from which an ever-growing baby dragon hatches and Rapunzel and Eugene helping him hide his new friend, whom they call Little Big Guy and whom wants to rejoin his family) it was perfectly fine by me even though it wasn't anything groundbreaking, but nice to see the show do a dragon-centric story (I think this one could have been an perfect fit in the first season as it did feel like an early episode).

I immediately noticed it played around with a lot of dragon and pet story tropes that have been seen before and tend to be popular (the egg being this gem-like thing, the dragon being like a big and goofy dog, the creature having to be hidden, a lot of 'How To Train Your Dragon' similarities, etc.) but I think these elements were handled well despite not being original. Pascal's bond with the dragon was pretty sweet, the flying scene was nice (really reminding me of HTTYD again) & the major role for Nigel as the antagonist was a surprise, but welcome. The humor was pretty good (best parts were the guards and I even liked the moment with that one guard and the dragon screaming back and forth at each other despite me usually not liking that trope; Nigel's eyerolling lampshading reaction made it).

So overall, it was an amusing little side story episode that felt on the fluffier side and not one that will directly tie into the overarching story with it's plot threads, but as I'm okay with filler episodes that are done well (like this one) it didn't bother me (and to add something that I think I still haven't said about the show I like the slower pacing the show has). Still, I'm looking forward to the plot-heavy episode(s) coming up.

Well... Islands Apart sure was something! Normally I wait until about midday or so to watch the newest episodes, but this was an exception once I saw it was available and pretty much had to right away as putting it off was just going to make the day seem slower and Sunday's already my least favorite day of the week.

Won't go into any specifics at the moment, but the episode does definitely put me in a little ease after almost two months since that promo from Asia, and ends on a cliffhanger for next week... Which sounds like it'll be more intense than before thanks to a plot point that was rumored earlier this week but now more than likely will happen.

@John95, so 'Islands Apart' is an good episode then? Sounds nice. I was thinking it would be an meh one since I never really cared about the little leaf guys/lorbs. Will watch soon enough and return with my take on it.

Also, any opinions on my thoughts regarding 'Pascal's Dragon'?

@CousinMerl, Yes, Islands Apart was indeed a good episode. Makes you forget how in the long run the island felt like an unnecessary detour during Season 2, even if I didn't mind most of what occurred there better than you.

Also, I pretty much agree with all that you said regarding Pascal's Dragon. Though you say the flying scene reminded you of How to Train Your Dragon but I got a Rescuers Down Under vibe from it. Also, this was the first time I actually felt something for Nigel having not cared much for him previously.

@John95, I didn't mind the island story in Season 2 (just like you), it's just that I felt it was dragged out unnecessarily long like I've said before. First couple of episodes were nice but then it felt like it had outstayed its welcome (the cursed idol episode was the breaking point).

@CousinMerl, All the Season 2 detours that lasted several episodes had an episode that added very little and would've improved things by just cutting them altogether. There's Something About Hookfoot was the case for me with the island, even if I thought that one was actually OK when compared to Goodbye and Goodwill & You're Kidding Me!.

Also, the descriptions for the next few episodes after Cassandra's Revenge have been revealed. However, from what I've heard they seem to give away the outcome for the aforementioned so I won't be looking at them until after that one airs.

Watched 'Island Apart' and yeah, I'd say this was a very good, if not great episode overall. They did good use of returning to the island of the lorbs and this was maybe the best of those island episodes and had some very interesting dramatic and intense moments (and tying into the overall story of Cass certainly helped that). Unmarked spoilers below (as I've gotten tired with the spoiler tagging from before).

To have Rapunzel and Eugene on an new duo adventure was good (I don't miss that group infighting from season 2 as said) and I quite like the role of the Captain of the Guard here in what I'd say is his best role so far (so good to see a different, softer and vulnerable side of him instead of his typical stiff and serious guard self); you completely understood his point in why he settled on the island during his probably month-long search for Cass (I had almost forgotten that it was several episodes since we last saw him; I don't remember if any previous episode showed or mentioned him setting out on his quest) and his conflict was pretty solid (loved the flashback with that confrontation, though would've liked to see how he ended up on the island). Didn't really care much for the lorbs again (and somehow found them pretty useless now; them chasing Eugene to kill him because he was lonely wasn't funny) but Alfons I was fine with.

The wish fountain plot was really good and I liked how it tied in with Cass and her change and the Captain being a depressed loner living isolated with essentially a ghost version of his dauhter and wishing for things to be as they were before was some nice deep stuff. I liked the climax it led into (inspired idea with the wish with it's curse bringing forth this army of evil Cass clones due to the nature of the Captain's wish. liked how they were all variants of her from throughout the series and Rapunzel and Eugene fighting them was fun; also neat how they even brough back the sparrow Cass design from the bird transformation episode. Unexpected). The solution with the Captain having to do the difficult choice of undoing his wish by removing the coin to stop the curse was strong; also good ending with him coming to his senses and going back home with the heroes. Impressed with how interesting they made him.

Also, speaking about Owl (kind of funny this one animal sidekick never got a proper name), I had been thinking of him before and why he was sticking with Cass even though she had turned a traitor and an superpowered villain who wants revenge (She has really taken her hate and toxic behavior too far) so it was interesting that he seemingly now have abandoned her properly (I wonder if it was because of what she did to her adoptive father the Captain that made him stick with the latter instead?).

Anyhow, it was a really good one so I'm with you on this one, @John95.
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 01-21-2020 at 02:54 PM.

@CousinMerl, Alright, now I can go into specifics:

* The way Little Cassandra (and by extension all of the Cass clones) was done where she never casts a shadow reminded me a bit of Robin hallucinating Slade in the Teen Titans episode Haunted where he never casted a shadow due to never being real either. Though here everyone can see them and they can touch them whereas only Robin could see Slade and couldn't touch him.
    * No, Rapunzel's Return was the only time it was mentioned that the Captain had gone out to look for Rapunzel and company, and I feel like they dropped the ball a bit by not mentioning it again until now.
    * I have a higher tolerance for the lorbs, but them chasing Eugene felt like an unnecessary retread of them capturing Rapunzel and Cassandra in King Pascal.
    * The flashback with the Captain and Cassandra... From the clear pain in Cass' voice (which choked me up a little) to the slight hesitation she shows when the Captain orders her to surrender, it's only been like two days since the episode aired and I've already rewatched that scene multiple times!
    * I didn't know that that was Cass' Freebird form when I first saw the promo and thought it was actually multiple Owl clones until someone pointed out that it was the former. I was actually more caught off guard by her kid form from You're Kidding Me! (or as I nickname her Brat Cass) as she too is in the promo but for only like two frames, and I just happened to pause at the right moment when rewatching it a few days before the episode aired.
    * I couldn't help but notice that when all the Cass' are essentially Thanos'd away (that's like the third time now in about a year and a half that I've seen that reference be made, and this being the only time thus far where it was actually good), we don't see the same happening to any of the Kid Cass'. I guess they thought it would've been too cruel to see the same thing happen to a child even if she wasn't real.
    * No, nothing was wrong with whatever you were watching the episode off of. Cass' skin really has gotten that pale since the last time we've seen her. And I've seen two depressing theories arise as to why this might be:

Theory 1: The Moonstone is physically draining Cass' life as she's trying to master it's power.
    Theory 2: It's a result of the burn on her hand further worsening and spreading. I've been numbing myself for how that's likely gonna pop back up if not next week than at the very least before the show's over, and I'm expecting it to look even worse than it did in Rapunzeltopia.

Either way, we're possibly watching her die before our eyes and it truly saddens me.

* Here's the rumored plot point that I heard before the episode aired but seems to more or less be confirmed thanks to the cliffhanger:  Cassandra kidnaps Varian .

@John95, first off, I'm in agreement that there were loads of interesting stuff in the episode.

* I don't think I saw that promo with clips for this episode and I'm glad I didn't since it does sound like it had quite a few spoilers (or at least I don't remember seeing it which was good. As soon as the sparrow flock appeared the episode kicked into full surprise gear for me). This episode was definitely one of the most surprising ones and easily the best island episode of the bunch.

* That flashback scene was indeed a strong one. Have only seen it once but it did stick in my mind (Cass buring her adoptive father among stone rubble and leaving him for dead was really cruel. Shows how far gone she is now and it must've the breaking point for Owl (who realizes she needs help from her former friends), I guess. Sometimes I wonder whether Cass deserves to get redeemed or not but she is a tragic character so I think she should.

* I definitely took notice how the Cass clones all got dusted Thanos style once the curse was broken (thanks to Infinity War & Endgame, every time characters get turned to dust it will remind me of the fingersnapping thing). Was it a deliberate reference though (considering this was not the first "turned to dust" scene out there)? And what were the other two references you mentioned, by the way?

* It is very likel that we did not see child Cass variants getting dusted on screen due to how dark it can be seen as; having the main one, the one the Captain had wished for, disappear on screen would've been heartbreaking but it still worked as an off-screen event as his reaction as he came out of the cave and tossed the coin aside was handled well. I still think they should have dared to show it, though; would've been a good tearjerker).

* What did you mean with "nothing was wrong with whatever you were watching the episode off of"? Anyway, I also noticed that Cass has gotten paler and I think that first theory feels more likely (though I'm fairly certain the stone is corrupting her, not outright draining her life), but her charred hand might not be helping her health.

Additionally, the stinger scene with Cass was a good one, setting up the next episode very nicely. I hope that one delivers and doesn't fall flat on it's face (also, before I forget, when watching the episode, did you at wonder if the Moonstone Cass that showed up on the island among the other Cass clones was the real one for a moment? I did and if it were, it would've been a great "oh crap" moment).
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 01-21-2020 at 02:57 PM.

@CousinMerl,

* The promo I was referring to was that one from Asia that I linked when it was announced the show would be returning.

* Maybe not a deliberate reference, but like you said that's pretty much what I'll think of from now on. And the other two references which were not too far apart from each other was that Simpsons couch gag from last year (which I recall someone on Twitter posting it saying "Yes, this really happened") and the Family Guy episode Island Adventure where it was used for one of the worst/laziest ways I've seen a character(s) be written out of an episode.

* I meant that as a joke of if you thought something was up with your monitor or screen when you saw the episode and noticed Cass' paler skin since I thought that at first while watching it off my TV screen.

Cassandra's Revenge has been building up slowly for more than a year now (as far back as August 2018) and I've heard mentions of several crew members calling it one of their favorites so I think it will.

Yeah, at first I too thought that the Moonstone Cass on the island was the real one since there was only one of her. But then I noticed there wasn't a shadow. Though her reply to Rapunzel's " You're not real!" had me think "Real Cass probably would say that...".

@John95, Oh, I see about the monitor thing. I didn't say anything about the paler skin in my OG review so therefore I didn't quite understand. And about Moonstone Cass on the island, it did not take long until I realized that it wasn't the real one (the reply was a giveaway. I didn't really take notice about the clones' shadows as a lot of animated shows omit character shadows unless it's for more or less dramatic effect, such as in this one with the wish kid Cass not having one).

Also, I was thinking of that curse and something made me wonder; were the horde of various malevolent Cass clones from throughout the series conjured up due to Rapunzel and Eugene's involvement and presence on the island? I thought that if that it had been just the Captain who had been subjected to them it would've made no sense for him to face all of them (save for a few variants) due to not having been present all the time earlier on to see Cass in the various states (like the as the sparrow, armored, cold weather and island vacation versions).

@CousinMerl, Hmm, that's an interesting point you brought up regarding the Cass clones.

Yeah, I think they still would've appeared even if Rapunzel & Eugene weren't there, but only the versions the Captain had been around to see (which includes moonstone).
    Last edited by John95; 01-26-2020 at 07:11 PM.

Well, Cassandra's Revenge has come and gone for me. Currently, I don't really know what to say about it or how I felt about it as a whole which is usually the problem I have with the tent pole episodes after watching them for the first time and don't really figure out how I feel about them until after either letting them sink in for about half a day, a rewatch or seeing how it plays out in the long run (which here based on the synopsis' for the last few episodes seems to hint at a mostly strong run akin to Season 1 post-Queen for a Day).

That being said, I would at least put this in the good tier which is where most of them are, but as of right now in the lower section.

Well, now with that out of the way here are the descriptions and titles for the next three episodes (the first two of which are spoiler tagged as they do indeed give away the outcome to this one just as I suspected they would):

Race to the Spire (2/2)
     Rapunzel, Eugene and an old friend, Calliope, race to the Spire in an attempt to stop Cassandra from acquiring a deadly weapon. 
     I've made it clear in the past how much I hated Keeper of the Spire mostly because of Calliope (I actually said "My ass!" in response to her being described as an "Old friend"). So another episode about her was as warranted as the second Uncle Monty episode from Season 1 (which they would've been better off replacing with the cancelled Christmas episode), especially if they do the exact same crap with her all over again which would mean she didn't learn her lesson from the first episode (and is a big reason for why I despise the "Character is unlikeable/insufferable for 2/3rds then suddenly sympathetic in the last act" plot when it's heavily abused on shows like American Dad!). So far, the episode's best case scenario is that all the Calliope stuff will tank while the stuff with Cass will make this a case of Just Here for Godzilla.

Tale of Two Sisters (2/9)
     Rapunzel and Cassandra investigate mysterious stories of Gothel's ghost haunting Cass's childhood home. 
     So this was the episode in which it's title I knew about when all the remaining episodes were announced. But as I said, there were three different ways it could've gone just based on said title (an episode about Arianna & Willow, Angry/Kiera & Catalina or the pairing we got). And truthfully, while it is a good premise I'm slightly disappointed that we were denied another possible episode with the two little girls. 

Flynnpostor (2/16)
    Eugene must track down and confront a thief who has stolen his former identity, Flynn Rider.
    Eh... Another Season 1 style fluff episode from the sounds of it which I feel like they're dropping the ball big time by making it the second to last episode before the finale similar to Roadside Attraction (which contrary to popular belief was always planned as such although Alex Hirsch has since admitted that he should've had it come sooner in the season). Might be alright, but it's way too late for them to do another episode of this kind.

Also, there's actually one more episode with a description which is the last one before the finale. However, it's the most spoiler heavy of the bunch both in it's description and title so I've decided not to include it. You can find it on your own, but don't say I didn't warn you.
    Last edited by John95; 01-26-2020 at 10:00 PM.

Thread Information