Thread: Jack Nicholson is breaking retirement

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Jack Nicholson is breaking retirement

I couldn't believe it. I looked at his page just a few minutes ago, and I was absolutely floored to see he's gonna do another role after all!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3291150/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_1

Sure, I wish it could be for a different movie. Considering how picky he is, The Expendables 4 is an odd choice. Nevertheless, I'm overwhelmed over the chance to see Jack Nicholson in a new movie. What kind of role will it be? What lines will he have? I can't wait!

Before I saw this, I figured How Do You Know would sadly be his last movie. But that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

Blog Entries

Damn. I thought you were announcing you got Nicholson for one of your projects.

Blog Entries

No lie, at first I saw "Jack Nicholson is..." and thought, "Oh shit, he died?!" Thankful that's not the case.

The Expendables movies are shit, but they're kind of fun shit. It's a bizarre casting choice though, as Nicholson has never been an action star by any means.

Ill-Mannered Sack of Crap LosTickaToeRest's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Good to see Jack is back but maaan... Aside from just not being good movies, I'm still sore towards the Expendables movies for how the filmmakers exploited and abused Danny Trejo in order to make that crap.
    Earth. Atomizer. Let's go.

Blog Entries

@LosTickaToeRest: Shit, what'd they do to Danny Trejo?!

Honestly, what gets me the most is that The Expendables just aren't very good action movies. They're more like pastiches or parodies of them, but they're dumbed down and too "safe". The bloodshed is obviously CGI and PG-13 and very safe. There isn't any amazing fight choreography like in the Raid movies (or hell, to throw out an older benchmark, the Matrix movies... say what you want about the sequels but they all had sick action scenes). There isn't any incredible, awesome, gruesome practical effects shit like people getting ripped in half by gunfire or anything like that that was in the actual older action movies that made most of the Expendables' cast famous.

They're really just "hey look at all these old action stars that you may or may not remember from all that shit you rented late on a Friday night at your local video store back when there was VHS! They're still alive! And doing things! Not really anything exciting, just things!" And that's a shame.

Blog Entries

The Expendables movies are excruciatingly boring

Blog Entries

this is set come out in like december 2018 by which point he'll be 81 and they want him to play the villain. wouldn't surprise me if this is just negotiations and he doesn't do it

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

Ill-Mannered Sack of Crap LosTickaToeRest's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Torrens View Post
    @LosTickaToeRest: Shit, what'd they do to Danny Trejo?!
    Story goes that Sly told Trejo and everyone else that it was written with him in mind as one of the main stars, and used his name to help sell the movie to the studio that produced it since this was during Trejo's spike in cult-popularity through the stuff he was doing with Robert Rodriguez and it could "help bring in a latin audience". He was involved right up until official casting started and then kind of just got left out of the loop and discarded.

Blog Entries

That blows.

Blog Entries

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, rumors of his appearance in Expendables 4 dropped. But this is good news! Better news even.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I guess this is the same Nicholson who did Joker in the Batman 1989 movie. Not familiar with Toni Erdmann at all but i might watch it if i hear good things about it.

Thread Information