i obtained:

sonic mania (switch)
    axiom verge (switch)
    64 gb sd card
    audio technica in-ear headphones
    home movies: the complete series on doovd
    12 flavor hot sauce challenge book
    lotsa candy and snacks

still have a japanese snack on the way too, some delicious Umaibo which is basically a large Singular cheeto of various flavors. theyre awesome so i had to have more

2. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kupomog

Merry X of the Mas

we got dat Mario Odyssey!!

and Hickory Farms / Omaha steaks sets fuck yes
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

4. Thumbs Up To This Post by: tyler

Blog Entries

Happy Holidays, everyone.

I got various gift cards and chocolates, a book I've had my eye on for a while called "The Subtle Art of Not Giving A Fuck", a joint, a photo album and there's still stuff waiting for me back in Ireland as well as other gifts from the extended family here that I've yet to collect.

Most important thing though was that this is the first Christmas @Smiling Politely and I haven gotten to spend together in person. Love you all! Hope everyone had a great day!
    How to remaster

Blog Entries

O shit it is Christmas, my dudes (well it was when I started this post) so once again it's time for me to take a break from being a snarky meanie to deliver holiday cheer to all. Sorry in advance for the incoming avalanche of mentions from me and anyone else who decides to join the trend.

@airalba: a year later and you still barely post smh. it's still a treat whenever you randomly pop up to drop showdown votes or start a self-titled thread. at least you're in Discord now I guess.....

@ArmCSA: I don't think I'll ever understand how you managed to keep in touch with us for 3 years and then seamlessly integrate into both chat and board but I'm insanely glad that somehow happened. good luck with the new job btw, it'll be a bittersweet day when you finally escape the clutches of MAGA Dad and we lose the fatshaming stories but I know it'll happen soon.

@bias: frankly it's downright impressive to have been embroiled in so so many drama episodes and still be around to tell the tale. and despite all that drama, you're still a versatile and chill enough chatter to put all that aside and just shoot the shit in chat. genuinely hope things get better for you emotionally in 2018; nobody deserves depression and I'm sure you'll be able to beat it. I'll be around if you ever need to vent about stuff or if there's some Australian record you have to rec.

@closeface: a supporting cast member in the circus that is the NHC but a damn solid one. always one of the smartest and most well-informed voices on seemingly everything. and your snark game isn't half-bad either; truly the complete package.

@Covfefe Christmas/@soy boy santa: lol it's been a year of active posting from you guys and I still ended up writing nearly identical blurbs for both of you. it's almost not fair how sprawling your discussions are, from deep philosophy cuts no one really gets to legendary music recs to hardcore cinemaphile chat to #woke books and articles to dropping truthbombs and owns in any and every instance of NHC drama. it's pretty damn rare we ever get anyone so well-versed and consistently smart in almost everything the NHC talks about, let alone two people. stay woke in 2018 bros.

@Dobbie: if you posted more I'd unfortunately have to retire my hilarious "who is dobbie" meme but it'd probably be worth it. still one of the all-time greats in getting activity going and leaping in and out of NHC drama, even after extended board/chat hiatuses. also congrats on everything with Sunny_Skies, I'm looking forward to you two telling your grandkids about meeting on a Simpsons forum!!

@DrDre: as much as I rag on you, you honestly deserve mad props for sticking around and becoming a chat/board mainstay even after going down the Evil Monkey trajectory of going from sudden mod to occasional whipping boy. I'm sure if you stick around and escape the clutches of teenhood you'll keep on improving. keep up the dope taste in hip-hop too, I'm gonna need more recs in 2018.

@The Santa Who Almost Wasn't: another great supporting presence on the NHC. I honestly forget you're a teen a lot because you've somehow managed to avoid the period of whipping boy that seemingly every teen on here goes through at one time or another. come in and chat more often, I'd like to find out more about the man behind the profile!

@Grifty McGrift: I don't think I ever formally commended you for being such a good sport during the early days in Discord when you pretty much immediately became board whipping boy. like last year, I still think you're capable of being a very chill chatter and now that chat's settled down from its hectic first months, you can always come in and shoot the shit if you'd like.

@steamed_hamms: hey I kinda like the new hamm that just pops in once a month to vanity search and infuse life into the NHC with a thread avalanche. still one of our most fun contributors and the rarity of them makes them that much more valuable.

@hutz: ok I won't use you as the butt of the joke in this post for once. the Classic Hutz Wit being repurposed into the occasional chat cameo has been really fun, and I hope we'll be getting more of that next year. also I re-modded you in Discord so you can return to your rightful place of sitting in a mod role doing nothing.

@Tinselled Jim: yes I dunk on you in chat a ton but when you aren't crashing in asking OSS for project updates, you can be a pretty chill chatter! more of that next year and I do think you can become a solid board mainstay. if not, that's cool too, I only post dumb snark cause I know you're chill enough to take it in stride.

@Cary Elves: I don't really know how else to start this one except...thank you? thanks for giving me many of the biggest laughs I've had all year, intentional or otherwise. thanks for taking all the constant dunking and ribbing in stride and always coming back sooner or later for more hijinks. on the real life front, I know you vent a lot in chat, but hey you're still at a crossroads in life. at the risk of sounding like a bargain bin self-help book, do some self-reflecting and really work toward being the best OSS you can be and I'm sure you'll be able to chase all those wild dreams of yours. I'll be here to hear all about the wacky ups and downs along the way.

@its an ataeaf Christmas!: in a year where a lot of my pals irl have scattered around the country, I'm legit grateful for the constant presence of someone to talk about literally anything with throughout the year, even if only online. it's also been really relieving to have someone who is not only real easy to chat one-on-one with, but also understands why that kind of interaction is so awkward. I swear I'll meet you irl in 2018 and we'll trip together and if this doesn't happen I will personally leap off the nearest bridge cause it feels weird not having met one of my best friends irl.

@kupomog: when you first started having a more increased presence in TC and later Discord in late 2016 I always kinda wondered if you'd slowly drop off in activity again like many veteran boardies eventually do. and man it's been a relief that not only has that not happened, but you've also become one of chat's most prominent mainstays. as always, your patience with the board's shit has been remarkable, especially with the daily SU arguments that ensue with Egg. but beyond the board mom stuff that has been covered at length before, you're just a damn chill chatter. so hey keep stickin around cause I'm gonna be real sad now if you suddenly disappear.

@The Spruce Moose: out of our wacky cast of boarders, you're one of the most seamless combos of searing snark and insightful discussion. having such a smart voice in chat who also isn't afraid to get dirty with the dumbest NHC hijinks makes for some of our best chats, so be in here more often for that! also, nothing but respect for coming out to the board about gender identity. I hope everyone irl is as accepting as we are about it, and if not, hey we're always here as an SJW paradise if you ever need to vent.

@apolo: ah still the king of memes. shame you dropped off in activity so quickly cause your presence spawned some of our best board memes and contributed to some of our best music chats. congrats on all the art stuff coming together this year though, I'm sure you're off doing great things while I'm here writing a sappy Christmas usernote for you.

@The Christmas Ghost of Mr. Teenie: still straddling the fine line between semi-frequent contributor and board mainstay, but hey there's nothing wrong with that. really glad you've seamlessly integrated right into chat over the past year, right down to participating in all of our dumb board hijinks. keep doing what you've been doing next year, I'm sure your presence can only get even better as time goes on.

@Sam: ah funniest and chillest admin. your shift from resident funnyguy to opening up more about the man behind the memes has been especially great, cause hey it turns out you're a pretty interesting guy too. keep doin the good shit in 2018, I know you don't need me to tell you how.

@Financial Panther: ah man you and I have had a rollercoaster of a time between 2014 and now but I hope things are in a good place now. after all that (frankly sometimes overblown, imo) dogpiling that went down in 2016, it's nice to have you back as both resident Simpsons guy and a chill chatter whenever you decide to pop into chat or the FFA.

@Igor: no idea how someone as laid-back as you managed to come across our dorky Simpsons board and stick around in 2017 but you're easily one of our best recent additions. great in music, politics, shit board memes, and just about everything in between.

@two Guys, a Girl, and a Christmas kat: still dunno what exactly you're doing in chat half the time but whatever it is I like it so keep it up. also if I may be real af for a second, thanks for being a good sport about what is admittedly not an ideal situation at home. someday I'll go up there and break you out of your weird funko prison, unless you manage to do it before I can.

@snowstormented: I don't know anyone anywhere on the internet or irl who can tell a wacky story quite as well as you can. and at the same time you can drop in and out of seemingly any sort of discussion we're having. also enjoy your time with Robyn next year cause if I get a chance to drop in and third-wheel irl you know I'm sure as shit gonna try.

@Shaunbadia: possibly the board's most consistent insightful contributor. whether it's for some dumb cartoon or a touchy political topic, you're always dependable for a nuanced and well-written opinion. enjoy the holidays with Smiling and best of luck escaping the cluthes of nOrTheRn iRelAnD soon.

@Smiling Politely: I don't really know how to write this while completely avoiding the elephant in the room, but man you're legitimately one of the bravest people I know for being able to get through all the shit that life has thrown at you this year. I'm not always the best with consolation in general, but know that everyone in chat and on the board is rooting for you and hoping you and your family get through this as best you can. besides all that, you still have one of the most diverse tastes in seemingly every type of media imaginable, so thanks for all the great recs this past year.

@RobynS: at the risk of getting everyone to sweat-drop react this one, it's been nice to get to know you better independently of torm throughout the past year. it's pretty impressive how easily you blend into chat and its dumb board memes despite not being around a ton. have fun dragging torm around Trump's America and making him reach high shelves next year.

@Ryan Around The Christmas Tree: still the greatest drama participant, whether he's the center of it or egging on...certain users in some all-time classic chats. it's also just plain fun to chat with you about niche things like Disneyland attractions or Vegas hotels or whatever and grind chat to an absolute halt. hopefully I'll be heading to Vegas sometime next year so I can pet Deb and promptly be clawed into oblivion.

@Telso: what the hell man. abandoned us after establishing a place as one of the most fun regular chatters. oh well hope you're having a good life wherever you are.

@O Tannenboon: heyy I'm really glad you're back semi-regularly at a time when my posts are no longer complete cringe (okay maybe they're still partial cringe). thanks for putting up with my shit back in 2014 and being a really chill chatter while we bore the rest of the chat with classical music or LWA or whatever. don't leave us again next year!!

@Brad Lascelle: one of the few voices in the admittedly desolate Simpsons section that I still enjoy reading regularly. as boring as the last couple Simpsons seasons have gotten you've thrown out some pretty damn interesting insights about them that I don't think I ever would have noticed on my own. also it's been cool to see you in chat more to talk about life beyond Simpsons. also hey happy birthday!

@deadname: hmm wasn't sure how to write this one after you stormed out of chat awhile ago but it's a relief to have you back. I know I'm a bit of a dumbass sometimes so I apologize again if I pulled off some dipshit move in relation to whatever went down a few months ago. looking forward to more endlessly fascinating link drops and recs from you next year.

@Miracle on 1010011010th Street: it's a damn shame we couldn't be roomies and have wacky drug-fueled adventures, but hey you're still a good online pal. I wanted to give a shoutout to your willingness to use your artistic talents on our dumb board things, but alas Father in London still isn't out so I don't even have anything to point to. I travel up and down the state so much these days that I'm bound to run into you sometime in the near future and then we can have finally have wacky Twilight Zonette adventures.

@Matty: I think I would have gone crazy long ago if some Swedish guy on a board I no longer visit kept emailing and messaging me weekly to do VA work, so that alone merits some props. a shame you aren't around yukking it up in Discord anymore, but frankly if I had a job as cool as that I wouldn't stick around either.

@Merry Eggsmas: The biggest reason I rip on you in chat is because I know you're good at taking it in stride, considering we're still doing this over a year later. we've definitely had lots of people bow out after one or two confrontations, so to stick around and indulge everyone in bickering about the same old topics merits some respect in itself. to some extent, I do get the reluctance to start new shows, even if I don't call things not interesting from reading the synopsis. I look forward to another year of nonstop fights about steven universe or whatever TV you want to argue about (whether or not you've watched it). also I haven't wrapped up full rankings yet but congrats on putting out a better album than Taylor Swift and Eminem and possibly others this year.

@AlphaOmega: even if it took pages and pages of VMs from Egg, I'm glad you finally became a Discord regular in the past couple months. admittedly our media tastes aren't the most compatible but you're still one of the best participants in our regular Egg brawls and general board drama chats. hope everything's going well for your family too, hurricanes and health problems are quite a rough combo.

@kellyanne conway: still the chillest dude. even when you drop insightful takes on politics or animation, you'll still be dropping dumb board gags or suicide jokes like it's nothing. keep on pissing off the haters next year. also have fun doing whatever it is you plan on doing after the navy, I'm sure 2018 is gonna be an exciting one for you.

@Rembrandt Q. Einstein: I'm not quite sure what prompted this new era of Rem but hey I'm a fan. always a treat when you pop in to talk about celebrities - for someone who leaned Simpsons section the past few years, I'm pretty impressed with how well you integrate into all sorts of media chats (probably better than I could, if I'm being honest).

@MauriChristmas: despite the somewhat questionable taste in memes, you're pretty chill when you pop in to shoot the shit about life in general. stick around and chat more often and you can very well be a great supporting presence in chat.

@paxmas: I told myself I wasn't gonna edit this post then I remembered o shit you've been pretty active this past year too despite not being on the chat users list atm. so yeah sorry about missing you on the first pass. after swinging back and forth in board drama last year, it's been really nice to have you as a constantly chill boarder/chatter throughout 2017. also again, nothing but respect for you coming out to the board - I think it was overshadowed by moose a bit because she's a bit more active (not your fault at all moose!) but know that you deserve every bit of the same respect for doing so. I'll be around if you ever wanna vent about anything or just chat about things in general.

this was done by combing through the list of relatively active users on Discord, so if you weren't mentioned, stop by sometime to say hi and we can be friends and I'll write about you next year! to everyone I mentioned or didn't mention, happy holidays to the best damn community on the interwebs!!
    Last edited by pilcrow; 12-26-2017 at 02:51 PM.

oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Spruce Moose View Post
    I don't think I could be as eloquent as pkkao, but Merry Christmas to all! At a time of love and bonding I'd like to wish the best of holiday seasons to some of the people who deserve it most. Thank you for all your media recommendations, your jokes, your weird chat moments, your turning the board into an SJW paradise and everything that keeps me coming back.

To hamm, Paddlin, dobbie, kaos, ned, SVT, pey, handy, torm, kupo, Smiling, Shaun, Ryan, deadname, noodle, Telso, pax, torrens, OSS, hutz, kes, pops, apologist, clone, insomnia, inmate and all the other good boarders I haven't talked to often enough (let's change that in 2017 yeah)

Have the merriest of Christmases, it's the least you deserve!
    Switch around the names for people I interacted with in 2017 and this still applies. But in all seriousness I owe pretty much all the regulars on board and Discord, and some of the less regulars, a big thanks for making my 2017 what it was. I've had a lot of my best laughs, best discussions, best shooting the shit etc etc with you guys, gals and pals. Honestly it can even be overwhelming how knowledgeable, eloquent, funny and downright good at whatever people here put their minds to are but I'm glad to be part of it anyway. Hopefully you all had the holidays you deserve.

You deserve a special mention for being so good about my coming out too because holy shit that's a scary thing to do and yet I've never regretted it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Egg Council Creepy View Post
    Here's FIVE non-rock songs I like:
    Take On Me
    Hello
    Mad World
    Unreal Superhero 3
    Lisa Frank 420/Modern Computing
    So i'm not a rockist

Al Jeany apologist scully apologist's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Aw shucks! Thanks @peyrin

Im off to buy a new laptop in the boxing day sales so my Discord game will be stronger than ever in 2k18
    down 4 the outing

Reading @peyrin's post to the Ace Attorney orchestrated Court Suite is kinda epic and siiiiiiiiiiiiick

Al Jeany apologist scully apologist's Avatar
    Blog Entries

NHC is such a strange corner of the internet but I genuinely feel blessed to have found such a brilliant community of fellow oddballs. Hope everyone is having a great Christmas/New Year!

My parents got this for Amy and she was so happy lol

Blog Entries

Semi late cause I forgot my nhc password, but this Christmas I got a vikings pillow (13-3!!!!!), some ear buds, a wallet, and 200 dollars, 10 of which has already been stolen. 2017 was a pretty great year for me, for a lot of reasons, and I am legit glad I found this site, cause despite some hiccups, the board and chat have been a great experience for me. This place def has a interesting community, esp compared to one of my forums which doesn't have a community and the other that has them regulated to threads. Here's to a great 2018

Blog Entries

shout outs to
    Kat and Sam, cause you two make me laugh, like a lot, lol.

peyrin, tormented, and kaos for helping me branch out of just my hip hop bubble and explore more genres, as well as just being good chatters

cuck, svt, and comeau for being great chatters/boarders about sports, music (more so cuck and svt, but comeau def has some interesting thoughts as well) and just super chill dudes in general.

moose, The Santa Who Almost Wasn't, kupo, apolo, pax ryan, ArmSCARE, Igor, Mr Teenie, Panther, Troomboon, Alpha, Beans, and Shaun for being great people of the nhc community and great chatters, even if ryans rant against me did kinda hurt irl, all you guys are still great, and I look forward to chatting more with you in 2018

and finally, Egg and OSS, even if Egg's, lets say, peculiar choice in media can lead to stupid arguments, and oss's not so great grasp on the English language leading to some some nonsense, you two are still really cool people, and I hope you two have a great 2018.

Sorry this couldn't be super in depth, it's late, I'm sick, and I'm tired. Have a great 2018 everyone, even if I didn't mention you, in which case, it prob cause I haven't interacted with you a lot, however I'm sure your great as well.

Blog Entries

happy new year. I'll see what I can do about not being such an asshole to certain folk, but expect it to last about a week. no one ever keeps to their resolutions you know.
    Fuck Donald Trump. #NotMyPresident

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pilcrow View Post
    @DrDre: as much as I rag on you
    dang, it

Blog Entries

i got

3 sweatshirts
    1 toothbrush
    1 jersey (i bought this by myself)
    Resident Evil Zero
    Resident Evil Code Veronica
    GTA:V
    Pre Order for mlb the show 19

Kinda like Jesus Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

At my mom’s house, I got:

Madden 19 video game
    Weighted blanket
    The Cardinals Way book
    Business Etiquette for Dummies book
    Kansas City Chiefs shirt
    Apparently some sort of cup that my mom accidentally labeled as for my stepfather, so I haven’t opened it yet. But she let it slip that it was a cup.

At my grandparents’ house:

Weighted blanket
    $15 Apple gift card

At my dad’s house:

Madden 19+FIFA 19 video games in one
    UFC 3 video game
    Simpsons Comics Colossal Compendium vols. 2-6 (each in its own gift box)
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

withered gas station rose Bart's treehouse's Avatar

Alright let's do this u fuckers I'm high and don't wanna die hope these make u wanna cry. @Everyone

B is band of which u know many
    I is for intelligence of which u have plenty
    A is for Australian of which u are sadly
    S is for sexy of which u are happily (am I going to jail for this or are u legal baby)

M is for manly which you are not
    O is for orsum which u are a lot
    O is for offensive which I hope I am not
    S is for snark of which u know u got
    E is for exceptance from u I've always got

Pretty swell and awesome dude
    Always a riot even with his tude
    Maybe I'll end this without being crude

So what else do you say about this man
    Although at one point he caught a long ban
    More liked he was after. all part of the plan (to eventually own the NHC if Eric was a smart man)

P is for phish cuz you should do their discog
    E is for enourmous like the Brain in his nog
    Y is for you know he's much cooler than most users even uhhh food blog

C is for can't believe people thot u wouldn't last
    A is for actually can u leave my bad posting in the past
    M is for Minneapolis miracle sure was a blast

R is for reefer which u should smoke more
    Y is for you need to score
    A is anxiety which I wish u had no more
    N is for never no never are you a bore

K is kool king of all that's hip
    A is for acid let's take a trip
    O is for oh, just take one sip (of water)
    S is for snacks better than cheese nips

T is for 10101010101
    O is for 0101011000011
    R is for 10010101110001
    M is for maybe you're the coolest of us all

20. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kupomog, tyler

An ode 2 panther
    You probably hate that these barely rhyme
    Oh won't u let it go one time
    We used to be sworn foes
    But time heals all thing as we know
    So I hope u count me as a chum
    And no longer as subhuman scum

One time for alpha:
    Interests shared there are but a few
    But if there's one thing we always knew
    Is that you're one awesome fella
    Nerd movies = 10

kupo:
    Please adopt me
    That is all
    Yes that's it

Comeau:
    Raiders gonna be super bowl champs one day
    If foot ball lasts to 2058
    But who am I to say
    It will be great (much like u are big fella)

Egg I won't write u a bunch of sick bars since u hate hip hop but I will say you're one nice guy and I hope life treats you well. Keep on pursuing your dreams

Paddlin: glad you're back. Keeping my diet on track. Exposing political hacks. Improving the views of this apathetic sad sacks

Deadname: the one boarder I've met. See u soon again homie

@eric I know I owe u money don't ban me!!!!

24. Thumbs Up To This Post by: eric

kat wazzzzzzup

26. Thumbs Up To This Post by: cam, pilcrow

oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Much love to all the Discord crew, even those of you I have disagreements with your hearts are in the right place. I'll straight up cry if I get too into it but 2018 has been a lot easier when I have you around, and a lot of my best memories are thanks to you. Have the Christmas and the 2019 you all deserve.

Chatting Simpsons Since '93 Brad Lascelle's Avatar

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you have a safe and enjoyable holiday season!
    SEASON 30 RANKINGS
    Bart's Not Dead - 2.5/5 / Heartbreak Hotel - 1.5/5 / My Way or the Highway to Heaven - 3/5
    THOH XXIX = Intrusion of the Pod-Y Switchers - 1.5/5 / Multiplisaty - 2.5/5 / Geriatric Park - 2/5
    Baby You Can't Drive My Car - 2/5 / From Russia Without Love - 3.5/5 / Werking Mom - 3/5
    Krusty the Clown - 4/5 / Daddicus Finch - 5/5 / 'Tis the 30th Season - 2/5 / Mad About the Toy - 1.5/5
    The Girl on the Bus - 2/5 / I'm Dancing as Fat as I Can - 4.5/5 / The Clown Stays in the Picture - 1.5/5
    101 Mitigations - 3/5 / I Want You (She's So Heavy) - 1/5 / E My Sports - 3.5/5
    Bart vs. Itchy & Scratchy - 4.5/5 / Girl's in the Band - 4/5 / I'm Just a Girl Who Can't Say D'oh - 1/5
    D'oh Canada - 2.5/5 / Woo-hoo Dunnit? - 3.5/5 / Crystal Blue-Haired Persuasion - 1.5/5

“Pretension” by Calvin Klein ataeaf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rock Band 3 Pro Guitar (what, I like expensive peripherals for outdated music games)
    $25 Visa gift card
    $10 in cash
    Slippers, sweatpants, socks
    $25 Zaxby’s gift card
    ah (as in apple)-tuh-eef

Blog Entries

the yearly bounty was good!:

australian snack variety box
    mega man legacy collection 1+2 and mega man 11
    adapter and gcn controller for smash ultimate which sis got
    night in the woods (indie ass game for the switch)
    a uk candy variety box that hasnt yet arrived but am excited for
    japanese snacks (will probably do this every year tbh)
    10 hot sauce pepper pyramid challenge for the 2nd annual pannell family burn your fucking mouth to death new years eve party
    SOCK
    new hoodie
    new pajamas

a few more snack things were purchased for me and my brother who mostly shared a list of various foodstuffs because thats where my xmas interests mostly lie now. the game stuff and clothes were all grandparents. solid stuff! will be munchin through the early new year with the amount of stuff in our house now

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

The commercialism is this thread is disappointing and completely misses the point of what this season is about.

Very disappointed is what I am.

Blog Entries

Here's a holiday video from LemonLight Productions!

Blog Entries

wazzzzzzop ded board. I'm still trapped with family this Christmas but I can't let that stop me from my yearly thumb whoring genuine heartfelt usernotes. it's been maybe the biggest year yet in getting to know y'all for real outside of dumb Interweb memes and in a year where I lost touch with a lot of irl friends, it really means a lot to me to have such a tight-knit community like this. without further ado, here is some personalized sappiness for each and every one of you (unless you aren't in discord...in which case you should be!)

3t8yb: the latest in a long line of very good posters who never end up posting more even though I tell them to post more every year in this post. chat needs fresh blood! speaking of which...

airalba: post more.

@scully apologist: bro. you gotta start checking in more. we have so many fresh and increasingly weird board memes you need to be taking advantage of instead of scraping the bottom of the Egg vs. media barrel. you also have to check in more as one of the chat's few cinephiles so you can judge whatever it is I happen to be watching at the time. in the absence of checking in though, I hope everything's going cool with your artsy endeavors. nothing but respect for people pursuing their creative goals, and you certainly have all the talent for it. for your christmas present I swapped you back into the film DM group because parklife hasn't posted in almost two months now. but you better not pull a parklife and also neglect it for two months tsk tsk tsk

@ArmCSA: come back based ArmC. if you see this, I hope you found a way to escape the famed MAGA father. for your christmas present I am pouring one out
    @i need a xmas name: can I file this one under AssEatingAlakazam instead of comeau? eh I guess I just did. probably the chillest dude on here, effortlessly switching between long-form arguments and weird board memes. but as the chillest dude you also probably didn't need anyone to tell you that. for your christmas present I can't think of anything immediately so im just gonna skip it, since you would probably do the same to me. it's chillll.

beans: post more. change your av. that's all you gotta do to become the goat poster.

@bias: I think I've said this behind your back somewhere but I did feel pretty bad that all the mod drama earlier this year may have affected your mental health irl, and I apologize for that. if we were truly a dictatorship I probably would have modded you on the spot because I haven't had any issues with you since like 2015 but alas, demanding modship after big drama usually doesn't go well with the masses. anyway! it's great to hear that you've been doing better lately and I'm happy that things seem to be on the upswing for you. I'm sure you'll have a great time at college and beyond - don't forget us virgins when you're out fuccboing it up! for your christmas present I will go drop a like on your meme page, at the risk of confusing the rest of my facebook friends.

@camchristmas: I think I've said this behind your back somewhere too, but I genuinely think you were one of the most instrumental people in getting the chat as a whole to open up more about serious irl issues as opposed to yukking it up about memes all day. sorta like what hamm/paddlin/cuck bros achieved by leading the SJW charge, but with mental health stuff. and not only is chat is undoubtedly better for it, I like to think I've become a bit more understanding about mental health stuff too as a result, so you were really an invaluable help on that front. hope I can keep doing my part in the crowd-sourced self-esteem throughout the next year and beyond. for your christmas present I will seriously try to route one of my upcoming 2019 flights through Minneapolis so I can check walking to wissocon while blasting Waves off the bucket list.

@AlphaOmega: I know I don't always have a lot to say about your family issues (I'm working on it!) but out of all the various failures of family in this discord, I probably relate to yours the most. the pressure of feeling like you have to be the one to keep the family intact at the cost of personal well-being even though you never asked to be plunged into the middle of such a shitty situation...I feel that shit all the time. I can't say there's any one surefire way to cope with the constant bickering and gaslighting, but it always helps me to remember that you're living for yourself. shitty as it may sound, you don't owe anything to a family that burdens you like this! it's admirable to do your part in keeping things relatively un-catastrophic but it's perfectly okay to take some time out for self-care to make sure that at the end of the day, it's your own life and you're doing what you want and working toward your own goals and not anything imposed on you by others. this was pretty long and I'm not sure how much it helps but feel free to vent anytime! imo, it's one of the best ways to cope with situations where you feel trapped, and I'll try to be around to offer whatever I can. for your christmas present I will continue to sift through the MCU in 2019 in search of the one superhero movie even I cannot deny is...kinda ok. maybe black panther will be okay! we shall see.

@deadname: post more so I don't nearly forget to include you in this!

@Dobbie: ay, it's the granddaddy of all NHC chat. admittedly you aren't as ~online~ as back when the board was alive and half its activites were your brainchild, but I'm sure you still have the same effortless ability to shoot the shit so you should stop by more when you aren't efucking. hope you're coping okay with NEETdom, I get that it's pretty frustrating at first especially after a prolonged period of work. hang in there and try to take some deserved time off!! for your christmas present I will run the hunger games simulator once. it reports that the winner is paddlin!? very nifty.

@Egg Nog: congratulations on evolving beyond board whipping boy in perhaps the most bespoke way possible - no 180ing from any opinions you were dunked on for, but managing to wear everybody out so much that Pokemon Time is now a beloved egg channel staple. but jokes aside, you're actually a pretty chill presence these days now that people (...okay myself included) have held off on getting into 1000+ message SU brawls or whatever. keep on fighting the good woke fight. for your christmas present I will stream your discography again so you can keep racking up that sweet Bandcamp cred.

Exordium: it's been another great year having you as a supporting chat presence. still impresses me every time that you managed to avoid the curse of being a young whipping boy like pretty much every other former NHC youngster. come become a chat poisoned daily regular someday! or keep being chill with the occasional pop-ins!

Grifty McGrift: you are sort of weirdly stuck in the past re: the essentially dead practice of joke kicking! I don't think anyone does it anymore unless you complain about it! but drama aside, no morning chat is complete without Chris quips of varying comedic success so hey stick around and post some more you damn Swede. for your christmas present I will disable joke kicking of you for a month and maybe more if it eases tensions there. (but remind me to follow through on this one after the holidays)

@hutz: yo I hope I actually didn't make you leave with the whole Except Hutz meme. I don't remember if you ever saw this but I think at the time I just looked through the online list for someone less active who probably wouldn't mind being the butt of my latest stupid meme. in any case, your film taste is still pretty much the perfect stand-in for my dad's film taste before he quit watching anything, so that is much appreciated! for your christmas present I have raised my Criticker score on The French Connection by 5 points because yknow what it's quite possible I was just tired and cranky when I saw that one. still think there's too many damn chase scenes though!! grr.

@Frightened Inmate No. 2: yo yo it's my fav 28 year old. congrats on surviving the UK. I obviously gotta make this one about film so let's cut to the chase - of all the chat cinephiles, I'm pretty sure you have the closest taste to mine. it's this perfect blend of hutz's bias toward all the old stuff my dad watches and the cuck bros' more arthouse lean with your own idiosyncratic stuff tossed in. and Criticker also confirms this because your TCI crushes all of theirs! owned. for your christmas present I have raised my Criticker score on Christopher Robin by 5 points because as ugly as it is...that script is actually not half bad.

insomnia: cum back king

Kamikaze: lulz it's Igor but without the exhausting centrism part. and like I probably said about pre-centrism meltdown Igor last year, that makes you one of our best recent additions. a ded board like ours is blessed to even have newbies stumble on our humble discord, much less chill chatters who blend effortlessly into our weird eminem memes and the niche electoral politics chat. for your christmas present and in honor of the fallen Igor I will make a donation to the crowdfunding campaign to buy Elon Musk a bed or whatever. (disclaimer: I will actually not do this one)

lolfox: cannot say I was expecting an evil monkey 180 from wacky board meme to a top tier poster, but here we are. I have faith 2019 will be the year all the very wrong holdouts finally come around to your greatness. keep 4D chessing us all.

@foose: anything I say here I will have probably already said a thousand times before but we try anyway. best music reviewer I know, is foose, another hugely instrumental figure in getting chat to be more open about mental health stuff, is foose, partakes in so many of my weird niche interests while fueling more weird niche interests that I fall into, is foose, etc etc etc. for your christmas present I will SERIOUSLY prepare an asian food package and mail it your way in 2019. the chili peppers will scorch your taste buds off.

@kupomog: you know what's weird? whenever I see my irl friends post life updates or food pics or whatever online, I always end up ignoring it after like the second image. and yet I'm always here for the kupo doge pics or food pics or amy pics or what have you. maybe your life is just significantly more interesting than all of theirs. keep on being interesting af in 2019. for your christmas present I promise I will catch up on hero academia season 3 soon(TM). after the rest of the increasingly long tv backlog. eventually. BUT IT WILL HAPPEN

@The Spruce Moose: hey girl. I can't pretend to relate to everything you've had to go through this past year (trying my best to stay educated though!) but I'm glad chat has been able to be a good safe space for you to vent or rant or celebrate. keep bein great in the year 2019.

@Jingle Bells, Teenie Smells: maybe The best poster when it comes to casual life chats? I don't even really know how to quantify what constitutes a good casual life chatter but I dunno your anecdotes crack me up frequently. im calling that a W. you gotta post more though so we know the man behind the elongated AVs.

@ThatsAPrancer: best return of 2018? surely the best return of 2018. I can't thank you enough for being maybe the single most important person in getting chat to become SJW paradise around 2015-16, because frankly who knows what weird edgy kool-aid I'd be drinking at this time if it weren't for you and chat as a whole at the time. it's definitely been majorly rewarding for me that you got to come back and see us in our full SJW safe space glory. please stick around as we continue our quest to become the internet's one true SJW paradise!

@Financial Panther: even in my recent quest to become at least tolerably knowledgeable about stuff I was previously utterly clueless about, I still get what it's like to only have a couple niche interests. so it's pretty neat that you were able to find a job that capitalizes on that! enjoy it and try not to be too stressed from the whole parental job pressure thing. it's never good to put anyone's self-worth on the job they have. for your christmas present I have decided to once again leap into the depths of modern Simpsons starting in the new year. y'all knew I was never going to be able to leave season 159 unfinished.

@pax: I definitely did not miss you in the user list somehow!!!!!!!! still The user to just chill with on pretty much any of the topics chat regularly obsesses over, as I'm sure I said last year and maybe also the year before. hope everything is going good with your family, they definitely sound like a pain at times but I'm sure you're strong enough to get through it! we're all rooting for ya!

@Rembrandt Q. Einstein: I've been a rem apologist for possibly all of my board/chat career but I think almost everyone agrees that you're one of the chillest chatters around now, which means two things. first, I've been vindicated (as usual). second, you should post more! you know the ins and outs of chat's general media taste as well as anyone else, and you already fit in as well as anyone else, so there's no reason not to!

@RobynS: o hi congrats on the engagement thing and all that. doesn't excuse you from not posting more though.

@Ryan: I should probably start this one off by saying that I actually did go back and read a lot of the drama throughout the year and there were definitely moments where I went a bit too far in the heat of the moment, so I apologize for that. obviously no amount of my normie introvertedness can compare to living with social anxiety, but there are times when I do relate to how you feel toward chat more than you'd think. I hope I was able to help wherever possible in DMs and whatnot. and if not that's something I'm definitely gonna try to work on more in the future. love ya bud, keep on theme parking in the free world. for your christmas present I sent your animatronic theft articles to my disney theme park freak of nature mom! she thought they were interesting! I read them too and they were pretty wild!! man I oughta become a full time social influencer.

@Sam: maybe a repeat of 2017 but new non robot sam is still the goat. im getting tired and I still have like 5 people to go so yeah keep being the goat thanks. for your christmas present I have compiled all the finest hentai recommendations in preparation for nonut anime church 2019. coming soon to a channel/dm group near you?

@Chanukah Cumshot/ @Christmas Cumshot: even though you both posted a ton this past year, it's now a holiday tradition to do the Brothers Ned together so I can't stop now. thanks for being around all the time while I stumble around in my quest to be not utterly ignorant of any slightly artsy film and putting up recs that are equal parts challenging and fascinating. hit me up in oakland sometime next year and we'll go watch some highly indie arthouse shit so I don't have to interact with people irl. for your christmas present I have raised my Criticker score on Goodbye Dragon Inn by 5 points so that it is closer to what I imagine is the true correct score. perhaps some day I'll understand that film, but it will not be today.

@Shaunbadia/ @Smiling Politely: here's another one I wanted to do separately but Smiling doesn't post anymore! grr. between the two of you, you probably cover 90% of all the media chat topics I'm ever interested in so it's always great to do somewhat longer-form back-and-forth posts between one or the both of ya on those topics, especially in this era of dedboard where most chat posts never exceed 5 words in length. as I probably said the last time I did one of these, I continue to look forward to the eventual escape from (((Northern Ireland))) and the completion of one of the NHC's great successes as a dating site.

@SWBirgitB__: #1 poster in the discord this is not disputable. enjoy a :woo: holiday with the G-F, queen. for your christmas present I will bequeath you this christmas doge.

@Telso: pour one out

@Eight Crazy Goode Families: lol robot lol lol still the funniest poster tho. For your Christmas present, I wrote this sentence in horrifying ironic caps.

@Brad Lascelle: absolute hero for presumably single-handedly keeping the Simpsons section properly supervised. always neat to catch you around ERA too. for your christmas/birthday present I will try to post in the flailing Simpsons OT on ERA when I start inexplicably burning through modern Simpsons again.

I am PRETTY sure I hit all the active Discord posters based on the sidebar but if I forgot you I'm sorry and you have permission to lord it over me for the entire next year. happy holidays to the best freakin community on the internet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *collapses*
    Last edited by pilcrow; 12-25-2018 at 08:39 PM. Reason: you people are impossible to mention but an attempt was made

Blog Entries

o I forgot kat lol

35. Thumbs Up To This Post by: cam, Sam

Blog Entries

wazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzop kat

Thread Information