Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What's the last video game you played?

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

Morrowind. It took me like an hour of backtracking to find Hla Oad for the Thieves Guild, and then when I got there no one wants to tell me anything about Dwemer artifacts I'm supposed to get. I both love and hate how hard this game is.

Blog Entries

Pokemon Platinum

Global Moderator Smiling Politely's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pax View Post
    Morrowind. It took me like an hour of backtracking to find Hla Oad for the Thieves Guild, and then when I got there no one wants to tell me anything about Dwemer artifacts I'm supposed to get. I both love and hate how hard this game is.
    And they're not gonna. You gotta steal them. I personally find it easier to raid an entire Dwemer ruin most of the time. Especially if your sneak and security aren't super high. It's a weirdly difficult quest for how low you are when they usually give it to you.

Also playing Morrowind.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I figured that out after save-scumming and bribing people for info and they'd finally just go "I don't know anything about that". Dunmer are a bunch of assholes lol.

Currently playing ESO in Murkmire, and do love the race-specific dialogue that keeps coming up in this expansion. My Argonian sounds clueless half the time and they rightly chastise me for it:

The Honest Trailer guy voices Xukas btw, it's pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Smiling Politely View Post
    And they're not gonna. You gotta steal them. I personally find it easier to raid an entire Dwemer ruin most of the time. Especially if your sneak and security aren't super high. It's a weirdly difficult quest for how low you are when they usually give it to you.

Also playing Morrowind.
    That's how games were designed at that time. Games like Morrowind were pretty challenging but also rewarding. I miss this approach sometimes but gladly there are so many options to emulate that nostalgic feel. For example, if I want to play decent hack-n-slash RPG I'm gonna pick Path of Exile. Yeah, it has some flaws, but it's very fun to play especially with services like this one which saves my precious time and nerves on grinding. All we need is just engaging gameplay without monotonous actions.

Banjo-Tooie on Nintendo 64.

Also was playing some Ocarina of Time and Donkey Kong 64 yesterday too on the Nintendo 64 as well.

Worker of the Month outofnowhere's Avatar

Stardew Valley. It consumes all my free time.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Stardew Valley is great but I have done everything in it so I haven’t played in awhile.I had high hopes for My Time at Portia but it disappointed me....FOR SHAME MTaP!!!!

Blog Entries

F1 2019: much better handling, to the point where I myself can finally drive a track like Shanghai without assists and not spin or lock up the brakes literally every other corner. AI is still kind of dumb, ie they're still too slow through the first turn, but they're more aggressive and overtake much more intelligently.

Really digging it, just wish F2 had a larger role in the career mode but oh well.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 whilst I wait for Fire Emblem to arrive friday.

Blog Entries

I recently bought a switch from a friend of mine, and I've been playing a few different games- Pokemon, Let's Go Eevee, Super Mario Odyssey, Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, Crash Bandicoot, Fire Emblem...

out of those my favorites are Pokemon and Mario Bros. Deluxe; I like Odyssey, but I keep having trouble at like every spot, so I've made very little progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Walid View Post
    I recently bought a switch from a friend of mine, and I've been playing a few different games- Pokemon, Let's Go Eevee, Super Mario Odyssey, Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, Crash Bandicoot, Fire Emblem...

out of those my favorites are Pokemon and Mario Bros. Deluxe; I like Odyssey, but I keep having trouble at like every spot, so I've made very little progress.
    Good choice. The reason to buy Switch for me was called Octopath Traveler, an old school JRPG, it was recently released on Steam, by the way.
    I've been playing Finding Bigfoot for a while after watching some old Markiplier videos. It's a pretty stupid but beautiful game on Unity engine, a bit similar to numerous Slenderman games.

Blog Entries

my friend and I had talked about both of us getting a switch, but then he bought one and I never did. about a month or so go by and he starts not playing it a lot, and I still wanted one, so I ended up buying it. I don't play it nearly enough myself, but it's still nice to have. recently I found out that South Park: The Stick of truth and Fractured But Whole are both available on the switch{not much of a gamer, so I didn't know that}. so I'm going to be getting those at some point I reckon.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walid View Post
    my friend and I had talked about both of us getting a switch, but then he bought one and I never did. about a month or so go by and he starts not playing it a lot, and I still wanted one, so I ended up buying it. I don't play it nearly enough myself, but it's still nice to have. recently I found out that South Park: The Stick of truth and Fractured But Whole are both available on the switch{not much of a gamer, so I didn't know that}. so I'm going to be getting those at some point I reckon.
    Both South Park games are excellent on the switch.They released the 2nd game 1st on switch.FBW is the best of the 2 games as it improved on everything and made the combat system more fun.There’s a decent amount of replay value with so many side quests & missions.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Astral Chain.Even with the over abundance of cats the game still has a cool vibe to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou Bega Jr. View Post
    Both South Park games are excellent on the switch.They released the 2nd game 1st on switch.FBW is the best of the 2 games as it improved on everything and made the combat system more fun.There’s a decent amount of replay value with so many side quests & missions.
    I guess that's the reason to buy Switch for me now.

been playing through super mario world for the first time in decades. kind of weird experience now that youtube exists because if i struggle with something for more than 5 minutes i can't help but just look up how to do it

Blog Entries

I've been reading about the DeFeo murders a lot lately, so I have Amityville on the brain. That led me to download and place 112 Ocean Ave into my Sims 4 save, but I changed the windows back to quarter-moons because let's face it, the replacement windows IRL are kind of lame:

19. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kupomog

Temporary Talking Head Suomynona's Avatar

Witcher 3. Pretty damn good so far, though maybe I should've played the first two games, because stuff keeps gets referenced to some earlier events.

Would it help to read the original novels? Or would it just make things more confusing?

Bully on playstation 2 and Prison Architect

Blog Entries

GTA V

a building shouldn't exist in a video game if you cant go inside it

23. Thumbs Up To This Post by: cam, Sam

Blog Entries

Playing Mass Effect 3, the opening to the Citadel DLC where a bunch of mysterious mercenaries make an attempt on your life, and it is hard as fuck. The game leaves you with a pistol that does a bunch of damage but has barely any ammo (leaving it up to you to find it), and then it throws 5-6 mercs at you per area, and they have this irritating sentry deploy that kamikazes you around cover and murders your health, and they love to spam the shit out of it. I greatly enjoy the challenge though.

After this, I'm nearing the last mission and I don't want it to ever end because this entire trilogy's been a hell of a ride. Amazing game, amazing series. I'd recommend it to anyone who loves sci-fi.

Quote Originally Posted by Suomynona View Post
    Witcher 3. Pretty damn good so far, though maybe I should've played the first two games, because stuff keeps gets referenced to some earlier events.

Would it help to read the original novels? Or would it free spins einzahlung things more confusing?
    Doesn't matter.
    Last edited by petrucci; 11-07-2019 at 08:47 AM.

PUBG. However, my computer is not strong enough

Quote Originally Posted by Tromboon View Post
    Everything you said about Oblivion is completely fair, but Dark Brotherhood is better in Skyrim? What you got a beef with the questline in Oblivion? For some reason I always felt the quests in Skyrim were so disappointing. So many enemies and god not so many friends. I love it when you encounter quests and people randomly, but in Skyrim most people are dead : / I remember a quest where you went inside a lighthouse and there were journal entries of this daughter and how falmer and their beasts got in and captured them all, you pretty much knew that "oh well everyone's dead and I just gotta down and kill 'em all" but it could have been that you encounter a survivor of some kind and chit-chat about what happened and stuff like that. anyway that quest made me sad

Yeah I like Wolf Among Us, I considered playing some more Life Is Strange but it feels like TWAU is more my jam. Been playing it alone and it's liberating, it's fuckin silent around you which is nice haha
    Agree with you recently I just played COD and this one is amazing i think what your thoughts

I'm currently playing Pokemon Sword on my Nintendo Switch.

Thread Information