Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's the last video game you played?

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Everything you said about Oblivion is completely fair, but Dark Brotherhood is better in Skyrim? What you got a beef with the questline in Oblivion? For some reason I always felt the quests in Skyrim were so disappointing. So many enemies and god not so many friends. I love it when you encounter quests and people randomly, but in Skyrim most people are dead : / I remember a quest where you went inside a lighthouse and there were journal entries of this daughter and how falmer and their beasts got in and captured them all, you pretty much knew that "oh well everyone's dead and I just gotta down and kill 'em all" but it could have been that you encounter a survivor of some kind and chit-chat about what happened and stuff like that. anyway that quest made me sad

Yeah I like Wolf Among Us, I considered playing some more Life Is Strange but it feels like TWAU is more my jam. Been playing it alone and it's liberating, it's fuckin silent around you which is nice haha
    Even the noblest concerto can be stripped of its beauty and soul

I like the way Life is Strange presents itself much more than the TellTale Games do but both are great experiences. I didn't even think I was enjoying LiS as much as I was until halfway through when everything decided to turn itself to 11 in stakes and suddenly got more dark than I thought it could. I still have the feeling that I miss playing it now that I'm done. I know the prequel is coming at least, but Life is Strange was something surprisingly special for having such an annoying main character (in the beginning, at least).

TWAU was just all around a treat and I think it flip flops with TWD S1 as my fave TT game right now. I don't remember being particularly disappointed by my choices or my consequences. Unlike in, say, TWD S2 where certain characters are doomed to die no matter what and it feels like total BS when it happens...I really felt thrust into the role of Bigby and like I was making a difference but forces outside were truly conspiring against me. TWD S2 at times felt like "no, screw you, WRONG CHOICE FUCKER!!!" way more than TWD S1 ever did.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

I was playing Life is Strange until the end of episode 2, but it was so long ago now and I don't know if I feel like playing through episodes 1 and 2 to refresh my memory... what's more the protagonist is such a clone of a crush i had once hahaha *cries* A part of me feels like it's not "my place" to play that game (ah well that makes me swear to myself that I'll definetly play through it)
    yeah I didn't like Walking Dead season 2. Walking Dead season 1 was such a fantastic experience, I love that game to death, and it'd be foolish to think that season 2 wouldn't be up to par, but still, it feels like it's not "real" in the same sense, like nothing you do matters since it's "just a game".  that kenny shows up is a big part of that. I half expected Larry to show up and say "I got lucky, real lucky!"  We got to episode 5 but haven't played more in 2 years.

I'm reading a pretty in-depth and well thought out analysis of Life is Strange right now that's making me enjoy it even more. I hope you can get back to it someday! I was not happy with my final choices of the game but I'm realizing now everything fit together a lot better than I gave it credit for.

Blog Entries

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

After so many years (cuz broken PS2), I forgot just how intimidating this game's hide and seek gameplay is. Haven't even gotten to the first boss fight yet (meaning the very early stages of the game) and most of the soldier patrol patterns cause you to stop and ponder over what approach to take (sometimes for like 10 minutes). Some of em require you to shoot a tranquilizer a split second before an enemy turns around and catches you, and most of the time when they do, you're nowhere near a hiding spot and so ya run to another room only to get killed by dudes with fucking riot gear. Agh.

I missed it, feels just like old times
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliot76 View Post
    don't feel threatened by a dude who gargles mayonnaise

6. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kupomog

I was obsessed over that game when it came out. I played the Japanese demo when Zone of the Enders released and fell in love with the tanker section. Then the full game came out and I was stunned by the twist but also highly impressed by dumb little things like being able to shoot up ketchup bottles in galleys. I was so close to collecting all the dog tags but the hardest difficulty is insane in some areas. Instantly spotted once you're in ANYONE'S line of sight. At least on the other difficulties, you can kinda cheat and just run past some people. Then Substance released and I was blown away again by the bonus material.

Blog Entries

The one 3DS game I'm playing right now is Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past, which is a pretty much better remake of Dragon Quest/Warrior VII for the PlayStation. And it feels so wonderful, aside from some grammatical issues here and there. So far I haven't beaten it yet.

Blog Entries

@kupomog I know the twist in the Big Shell part of the game, but after all this time I still haven't gotten to it (I was like 11 or 12 when I last played and I had no idea what I was doing).

I do remember the "Insane" difficulty, IIRC when you select it there is an option where being spotted = instant game over. I mean the game is already difficult enough, but that is absolutely pushing it to the max
    Last edited by pax; 06-28-2017 at 07:33 PM.

I bought like 4 new games during the PS Store sale recently including Firewatch, Bully, and Dear Esther. I've also repurchased GTA V for PS4...so I'm abandoning my 360 game, more or less.

Despite having many games to play, I've just been doing GTA V again. Tired of playing FFXV even though there's all this "new" shit to do.

Quote Originally Posted by pax View Post
    Fallout 4. This is the only game where I can spend two whole hours building up a cozy little settlement... and then walk like five feet and get attacked by a giant mosquito monster. Gotta love the apocalypse
    This is my favorite game!
    Last edited by Domingo; 04-05-2018 at 10:45 PM.

12. Thumbs Up To This Post by: pax

Temporary Talking Head Suomynona's Avatar

Chrono Trigger

The original Backyard Baseball. Please don't give me a swirly, thx.

18 Wheeler: American Pro Trucker
    Family Guy Season 18 Ratings - Yacht Rocky: TBD Bri-Da: TBD
    American Dad! Season 15 Ratings - Fantasy Baseball: 1.5/5 I Am the Jeans: The Gina Lavetti Story: 0/5 Stan & Francine & Connie & Ted: 0/5 Rabbit Ears: 1.5/5 Jeff and the Dank Ass Weed Factory: 1/5 Lost Boys: 0/5 Shark?!: 1/5 The Long March: 2/5 The Hall Monitor and the Lunch Lady: 0/5 Wild Women Do: 2/5 An Irish Goodbye: 3/5 Stompe le Monde: 0/5 Mom Sauce: 0/5 Hamerican Dad!: 0/5 Demolition Daddy: 0/5 Pride Before the Fail: .5/5 Enter Stanman: 0/5 No Weddings and a Funeral: 0/5 Eight Fires: 1.5/5 The Hand That Rocks the Rogu: 0/5 Downtown: TBD Cheek to Cheek: A Stripper's Story: TBD

Deep Frier of Shirts BlueRibbonCommittee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Played Hyrule Warriors at my friends' house. Feels like a Zelda co-op game made almost exclusively for fans. I mean, wow. Words just can't describe it. Can't wait until I get a Switch now.

Hyrule Warriors was really fun. I had never played a Dynasty Warrior game but it worked out really well in this setting. I love fighting as Zelda.

I've just been finishing up GTA V finally on PS4. I abandoned my 360 game bc too slow. I'm a few missions from the end and working on the 100% checklist.

Later I'm gonna download that free Captain Spirit game which is like the bridge into Life is Strange 2.

Junior Camper

I’ve recently Replayed Banjo Kazooie for the 50th time, It’s still my favorite Game, Charming characters, wonderful music, funny dialogue,Fantastic level design,nothing will top it.

I also replayed Pokepark 2, and The Simpsons Hit & Run both still very amazing, there not my favorite games though.

And just last night I played the Simpsons road rage for the first time this year, I’ve honestly come to like it more than Crazy Taxi.

I'm from Canada, eh. People think I'm slooooow.

I'm trying to fully complete my Emerald version of Pokemon. I've gotten my dex up to 370 (Jirachi/Deoxys included) and all seven silver symbols at the Frontier. Now I'm working on my gold teams, for which I just caught a Calm Regice.
    please watch my duck cartoon:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFA9fBhIeR8

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Been on a big switch kick lately with Crash Bandicoot Trilogy,Owlboy,Lumines,Wolfenstein 2,Sonic Mania Plus,Both Mega Man collections,Hyrule warriors and Octopath Traveler.The Switch is my favorite console in many a year.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Played the new Monster Boy today any game that has a pig with an eyepatch and a frog is an instant winner.

Solitaire. I was installing it on my grandpa's computer and decided to test it. I spent hours playing it like it's good old days again. I was playing it a lot on my old pc with Windows ME. This game somehow hasn't changed a lot, which is nice. See for yourself, I got a version on microsoft-solitaire.com and it plays like a classic one despite the looks.

The last of us. It is probably in my top five games of all time. Not perfect, but it is as close to perfection as you could reasonably hope for. I suppose anyone who likes great storytelling games likes The last of us.
    Last edited by Theck; 05-22-2019 at 04:58 AM. Reason: Typing error

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Team Sonic Racing its nice to have another decent kart racer on the switch as I’ve played Mario Kart 8 to death.

Blog Entries

Been playing CTR in preparation for Nitro Fueled later this June. Even tracked down the one Best Buy near me which had a demo booth for it.

Also playing Days Gone which is good, but not the greatest Sony first party game I've ever played.

I am also playing Heroes of Might and Magic VII. I wouldn't go that far to say it's bad as a lot of people do because I'm simply enjoying the game and so far it's better than previous one, but definitely, still a lot of work to do on the game. Feels like Ubisoft Ubisoft keep rushing unfinished games.
    A reliable papernow review you can find here.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz123 View Post
    Been playing CTR in preparation for Nitro Fueled later this June. Even tracked down the one Best Buy near me which had a demo booth for it.

Also playing Days Gone which is good, but not the greatest Sony first party game I've ever played.
    I already got CTR preordered as I played The N.Sane Trilogy till I was 100% on everything.

Today I started Katana Zero I’m digging it alot so far as its great for quick bursts of gameplay.

Blog Entries

I completed everything on the N. Sane Trilogy as well. Same with Spyro's Reignited Trilogy a couple of months back. It's been a real treat earning 6 platinum trophies thanks to the muscle memory of having played the originals 50x over since I was a kid.

I got to play Tiger Temple and Polar Pass's levels and can report that Nitro Fueled's drifting/boosting and overall feel felt incredibly accurate to the original. It's amazing how much love and detail has been put into the game.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

That’s good to hear I’ve read a few articles that have said the same thing their the same game just prettyfied and I’m okay with that.

Worker of the Month outofnowhere's Avatar

Sekiro. That was a painful run.

DMC5. I loved the story, but level design is trash.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Gato Roboto

Thread Information