Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: What's the last video game you played?

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Not sure how I feel about the wild changes in the story in FFVII Remake. I guess they really want to make this a "new" game while keeping that old feeling/story sorta intact. I don't hate it but at the end of the day I'm fairly certain that while I may come to appreciate it, I'll continue to think it's unnecessary despite otherwise enjoying the game and being glad it's finally out. Really wondering how they'll do the rest of the game from here on out. They could probably fit so much new content in the sections between Kalm and Junon.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

Crash Bandicoot Warped, just finished getting all the crystals and beating Cortex, now I'm going to try to get the relics (platinum is out of the question for me)

Crash Bandicoot Mobile. It's a new game.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Pokemon Black Version

(I've been so busy with other stuff that I'm progressing much slowly than I used to. I have the game file for 2 years and I'm still at 6 badges)
    Simpsons: 4 > 6 = 7 > 5 > 3 > 8 > 2 > 14 > 15 > 13 = 10 > 9 > 16 > 20 > 1 > 24 = 21 > 26 > 22 = 25 > 23 > 19 = 27 > 18 = 28 > 12 > 11 > 17 = 29

Family Guy: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 5 = 6 > 15 > 16 > 10 > 14 > > 7 = 11 = 9 > 8 > 12 = 13

American Dad: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 6 > 5 > 8 > 9 > 7 = 11 > 10 > 13 (so far) > 12

The Cleveland Show: 2 > 1 > 4 > 3

Futurama: 5 > 4 = 1 > 2 = 3 > 7 > 6

Rick and Morty: 2 > 1 > 3

Blog Entries

recently got Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. been playing through that. been a long time since I played a DK game.

Blog Entries

Fable 2. I've just finished up the story for about the fourth time, and I can safely say the game still holds up as a fantasy RPG classic 12 years after its release.

Throughout my playthrough, I've been playing real estate mogul and buying every building I could get my hands on so that the enormous cost of the best weapons, auguments, and Fairfax Castle became completely trivial by the endgame. And to add to that, combining a massive health pool and the best hammer with an equipped Renewal augment (drain health with each hit) makes you practically invincible, so I've basically won the game at this point

I loved Fable 2 but I distinctly remember keeping my character's strength weak as hell because otherwise it'd beef her up and make her look ugly as sin. It didn't make the game that much more difficult, thankfully, got through it pretty easily. Also my hair dye glitched after they introduced a DLC, so I could never dye my character's hair again.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidPhillips View Post
    Crash Bandicoot Mobile. It's a new game.
    Played it several times, didn't like at all. I prefer shooters like CS GO or the likes. Especially if these shooters have a good multiplayer option and a possibility to get free items to upgrade the char. Say, talking about CS GO you can get pretty awesome skins free of charge at https://skin.club/en/cases/free-case Not sure that Crash Bandicoot Mobile can boast to have same options
    Last edited by Javier Kleman; 08-07-2020 at 05:34 AM.

Blog Entries

At the moment, I'm playing Career Mode on F1 2017. So far I'm at Hungary, Practice 3, leading the championship by 33 points, in a Mercedes.

Quote Originally Posted by pax View Post
    So I finished Mass Effect: Andromeda, and one of the best things I can say is that the game feels, looks, and plays like it's the same universe I just left when I finished ME3 three days ago. All of the races, the environments, the technology, sound design, etc. is noticeably Mass Effect and that was a big must.

The squadmates practically carry the game this time around. Like every character in this game, your teammates all have different backgrounds and experiences you can talk about and there are so many details it makes you feel like a part of the world rather than it revolving around you and only you. My favourite characters in particular were Jaal, the human/squid/cat man who feels like an outsider until Ryder gets him to open up, and is somehow the most adorable, human character ever written in a Bioware game, and Vetra, the hardass, snarky reptilian space mom shaped by years of having to fend for herself. After the halfway point, I never swapped those two out because I liked them so much.

While they're all unique and fascinating to hear banter back and forth between each other, the same cannot be said for Ryder, the main character. And I don't know if it's female Ryder's voice acting or something, but the main character is just not all that interesting and sounds kind of bored? I didn't really connect with them until the finale because they don't feel like they have a personality to speak of until that point. In addition, Ryder's brain AI SAM has a legitimately irritating voice and I hope they recast that entire part in the future. His constant, incessant updates were the only truly low part of the game.

The story is a bit slow-paced but picks up steam just at the halfway point. Not going too in-depth here but the Kett had revelations that kept them from otherwise being generic alien enemies to shoot at (which they mostly are anyway), and the whole Remnant/terraforming plot provides a fascinating apocalypse scenario to raise the stakes (on a much smaller scale). The finale is explosive and reminded me of the end of ME1 in a lot of ways, and a wonderful touch is that every one of your squadmates is fighting alongside you for the final boss, a first for Mass Effect. As a whole, the story was serviceable and I don't have much more to say about it.

I would talk about gameplay (which combat-wise is the best in the series), but to keep it short: Andromeda is a fun game, boosted by strong supporting characters and world-building, but held back by a blank-slate main character and the annoying AI voice in their head. I would gladly play the sequel though.
    Yeah, I also played Mass Effect: Andromeda. It made an indelible impression on me. At the moment switched to a new shooter, Valorant. It is not bad either but can say that compared to say CS GO it is much more difficult. Several times I had to ask pro gamers at https://overboost.pro/valorant-boosting for help in upgrading my char
    Last edited by Dendy Frost; 07-27-2020 at 12:42 AM. Reason: additional info

Blog Entries

I've been playing a lot of Mario Kart 7 online, also been attempting to play Webopoly, but you need at least 2 players.

Not long ago played ... tetris for the first time in the last 5 years. It was awesome I must admit never thought that such an old and simple game can be that entertaining! Moreover as far as I understood there are some competitions in this game and guys show really great reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Black View Post
    Not long ago played ... tetris for the first time in the last 5 years. It was awesome I must admit never thought that such an old and simple game can be that entertaining! Moreover as far as I understood there are some competitions in this game and guys show really great reaction.
    Oh tetris is one of the best games I played in childhood. I read in an article that tetris is especially good for brain development. None of modern computer games can be compared with tetris in this aspect

Dungeon Keeper II on a Windows 98 computer I built up. Got some plans to replace the sound card with some soundblaster awe64 or something, probably blow 150+ on a Voodoo 3 card for glide mode (I have a geforce 3 in there but it doesn't have glide mode), get a packard bell keyboard and monitor, and potentially even building another computer but purely for MS-DOS (most likely Pentium MMX) in the next 5 years. The 98 machine I built runs some of the old DOS games like Magic Carpet too fast. But it works great for Unreal and Quake III so there's that.
    Last edited by erichoff; 07-25-2020 at 05:05 PM.

Blog Entries

ATM, I'm playing NHL 2K10, in franchise mode, as the Red Wings.

I'm using a roster that contains characters from the Simpsons Universe. A fair few have retired after 10 years, and the Sim I'm doing can take 30 simmed years to take.

Currently, Boston have won the Stanley Cup 5 times in the last 8 years. The years that they didn't win was either won by Chicago or LA Kings.

My team made the playoffs 9 years in a row, yet only reaching the final once, and losing it, and nearly every year pitting us against Chicago.

So far:

Year 1: Hurricanes
    Year 2: Devils
    Year 3: Ducks (the last year that either LA, Boston or Chicago didn't win the cup)
    Year 4: Blackhawks
    Year 5: Bruins
    Year 6: Blackhawks
    Year 7: Bruins
    Year 8: Kings
    Year 9: Bruins
    Year 10: Kings
    Year 11: Bruins, again.
    Year 12: Bruins.

After that Bruins win I gave up, as there's no reason to keep playing if the same team's winning every season.

Now, I'm playing Madden 2003. I use the Rams, however the Super Bowl Matchups in year 1 is too predictable, as the Steelers and the Rams get in every time:

Matchup 1: Steelers (12-4) vs Rams (13-3)
    Matchup 2: Chargers (10-6) vs Rams (13-3)
    Matchup 3: Packers (12-4) vs Steelers (14-2)
    Matchup 4: Dolphins (11-5) vs Rams (15-1) (A 17-49 win in the Super Bowl and a 27-55 win against the Packers in the Conf. Playoffs says it all! Even without Faulk.)
    Matchup 5: Chargers (12-4) vs Rams (13-3)
    Matchup 6: Raiders vs Packers
    And Matchup 7: Steelers (11-5) vs Rams (12-4)

I also had months ago a 20-22 overtime victory in the super bowl, where we were 18-0 (including postseason), and the Raiders were 13-3. We had no Marshal Faulk, hence putting us at a disadvantage. I also lost Kurt Warner midway in the game. At 60 minutes: 20-20. Overtime it was. Raiders mess up the kick off, have bad position for the 1st down. Then, the unthinkable happens. A safety. We win 20-22 OT, get a perfect record, and Rich Gannon's last play is a safety. I don't know how that happened, it just did.
    Last edited by Trab Pu Kcip; 07-31-2020 at 04:53 AM. Reason: It's better to edit posts than to double posts!

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Just finished Paper Mario Origami King.Now playing Roundguard and Neon Abyss.

Blog Entries

I've upgraded to and is now playing F1 2019.

EDIT: After 5 hours of downloading, I feel guilty. In Moment 2 of F2 Career Mode I tried to purposely hit Butler, but I missed and instead broke Albon's front wing. Even worse, I got away without a warning and he got one.

What happened in the last race?  I won after taking Butler out in the 2nd lap 
    Last edited by Trab Pu Kcip; 08-03-2020 at 06:32 AM.

Blog Entries

Now, I'm playing Mario Kart 64, on the Nintendo 64. I did have some troubles setting it up, but once I got the game working this game reminded me on how much I love the Mario Kart Series. Being the 1st game with 150cc proved a enjoyable and close contest, with no flags making the game easier in a way, Close finishes (Like at Rainbow Road after a close race, Me and Bowser came in with the chance for the championship. I needed to Win and Bowser to achieve 3rd or lower, or 2nd with Bowser in 4th. In the final lap, I was just behind Bowser, who was leading. Then on the final corner came DK, who overtook us. I got a shell, and Hit Bowser, but Rubberbanding CPU's meant he was back on us. Then, it was a straight dash to the finish. Whoever got there first was to win eternal glory. Bowser was on the gearbox of DK (literally). I had a mushroom. I used it. At the finish, it was the closest anyone had seen. If I bet DK, I needed to make sure that Bowser didn't overtake DK. Final times: Me: 7:17:67. DK: 7:17:77 (+0:00:10). Bowser: 7:17:83 (+0:00:16 behind leader, +0:00:06 behind DK). I had done enough) and the classic interface makes this a perfect game!
    Last edited by Trab Pu Kcip; 08-04-2020 at 02:50 PM.

Mercinaries on Xbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Trab Pu Kcip View Post
    Now, I'm playing Mario Kart 64, on the Nintendo 64. I did have some troubles setting it up, but once I got the game working this game reminded me on how much I love the Mario Kart Series. Being the 1st game with 150cc proved a enjoyable and close contest, with no flags making the game easier in a way, Close finishes (Like at Rainbow Road after a close race, Me and Bowser came in with the chance for the championship. I needed to Win and Bowser to achieve 3rd or lower, or 2nd with Bowser in 4th. In the final lap, I was just behind Bowser, who was leading. Then on the final corner came DK, who overtook us. I got a shell, and Hit Bowser, but Rubberbanding CPU's meant he was back on us. Then, it was a straight dash to the finish. Whoever got there first was to win eternal glory. Bowser was on the gearbox of DK (literally). I had a mushroom. I used it. At the finish, it was the closest anyone had seen. If I bet DK, I needed to make sure that Bowser didn't overtake DK. Final times: Me: 7:17:67. DK: 7:17:77 (+0:00:10). Bowser: 7:17:83 (+0:00:16 behind leader, +0:00:06 behind DK). I had done enough) and the classic interface makes this a perfect game!
    I hate the N64 and much prefer the PS1 (and Dreamcast if you consider it a 5th gen console rival)

It still has some very good first party games, but you feel they could have been much better if Nintendo used discs instead of cartridges for the N64. For that reason, Mario Kart 64 is my second most hated Mario Kart after Super Mario Kart, although I do like how some of the tracks were redesigned in future games

Blog Entries

The Cartridges for the games I had needs cleaning every time I play it, though there was actually a N64 Disc component, though it's very rare to see one. I'll agree that SMK is a weaker game in the series.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate on the Switch

Just got Elite Kirby

And Brawlhalla
    The Winter of Our Monetized Content C
    Go Big Or Go Homer B-
    The Fat Blue Line B
    Treehouse Of Horror XXX C+
    Gorillas On The Mast C+
    Marge The Lumberjill C-
    Livin La Pruda Vida A-
    Thanksgiving Of Horror A
    Bobby Its Cold Outside B
    Hail To The Teeth B-
    The Miseducation Of Lisa C+
    Frinkcoin B-
    Bart The Bad Guy B
    Screenless B-
    Better Off Ned D+
    Highway To Well B+
    Warrin Priest B+
    Warrin Priest Part 2 B-
    The Hateful Eight Year Olds B
    Way Of The Dog B+

Quote Originally Posted by angine View Post
    Hard to choose only one, I'm big fan of online games, esp I like Clash of Clans, LOL and Candy Crash. With VPN VPN I can play them without any restrictions, it also provides a high level of security. For gamers it is a must have tool these days.
    SPAM BOT

Blog Entries

Originally posted by Clan Buanotti
    SPAM BOT
    It might be a spambot, but I doubt it is. That person has posted in other threads before and the posts seem legit. At best, it might be moderated, to remove the VPN thing or deleted.

Anyway, I'm playing Wii Party U, on the Game Pad Island.

Quote Originally Posted by Brotman View Post
    Oh tetris is one of the best games I played in childhood. I read in an article that tetris is especially good for brain development. None of modern computer games can be compared with tetris in this aspect
    I also love tetris. An iconic game! Sudoku is also fine for brain development by the way
    Since my childhood I have been a huge fan of World of Warcraft. I was flattered to find out that there were so many fans of the game here on the forum Dungeons are my favourite parts of the game despite being one of the most difficult when it happens especially difficult to pass I ask pro gamers at https://skycoach.gg/wow-boost/dungeons for help then
    Last edited by Jack Black; 09-02-2020 at 05:53 AM. Reason: additional info

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Streets of Rage 4
    Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

I tried watching a new episode the Simpsons, but I realized the show hit a new low, like a brand new, underground parking structure of sadness.

Blog Entries

Cribbage on my mobile.

8 ball pool

Blog Entries

Currently, Yoshi's Island.

Thread Information